[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of the Arkhamverse? Also, can anyone explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
What does /co/ think of the Arkhamverse?
Also, can anyone explain to me the what Batman's fear was in Arkham Knight?
Why did he envision himself as Joker? Does that mean both of them have the same fear of being forgotten? Does Joker's "I need you" line implicates that Batman also needs The Joker to continue his legacy?

What did we see after the Knightfall Protocol?
Was the Batman in the ending CG the result of Batman using a lesser potent of Scarecrow's fear toxin as a means of retaining the fear of Batman in Gotham?
>>
>>81517368
I love the Arkhamverse

Batman's fear is chaos and Joker is chaos incarnate, so losing control and turning into Joker would be his biggest fear.

Nobody knows what the end was.
>>
>>81517368
Origins is WAY better than people give it better for

Knight was about his identity. How he and Joker were more alike then he wanted to admit which is common as fuck these days.

It's the Joker's blood that's influencing those crazy dreams. Batman doesn't need the Joker but he believes Joker uses him to validate his existence which is kind of true as evidence by tons of comics/movies and even that neato scene in Origins.

I'm assuming that the Batman at the end is Azreal. Sort of like a maship between Beyond and when John Paul Valley took over in the comics. Just like Batman was wrestling with his identity vs Joker's, one could argue that he was also wrestling with the Bruce Wayne vs Batman identity kinda like a midlife crisis.
>>
>>81517368

I loved all 4 Arkham games immensely. Who here wants a Suicide Squad game with Arkham game mechanics?
>>
can we all agree it was the worst ending in history?
>>
>you will never play arkham asylum for the first time again
>>
>>81517368
>Also, can anyone explain to me the what Batman's fear was in Arkham Knight?
Scarecrow kept thinking that the fear had something to do with him. In fact, Batman's fear had NOTHING to do with Scarecrow and everything to do with his own infection with the "Joker Prions" which caused him to feel like he was loosing control, and Bruce is very much about having or being in control.
>>>81517368
>Why did he envision himself as Joker? Does that mean both of them have the same fear of being forgotten? Does Joker's "I need you" line implicates that Batman also needs The Joker to continue his legacy?
No, this was the mental fragment of Joker inside his head caused by the Joker Disease and the Fear Gas unlocking it in his mind.
He imagined himself as the Joker in his head because for awhile there after Scarecrow gave him a full dose of the Fear Toxin he BECAME the Joker.
At the end he did what the fragment of Joker did; he played in Joker's fears the same way Joker did on his, namely Joker's fear of being totally irrelevant and totally forgotten, a meaningless psycho on a town full of them.
He then locked Joker away in his mind (affectingly defeating the virus through sheer willpower), and Joker finally admitted that he NEEDED Bruce because while Batman had a purpose without Joker (it's not like crime is ever going to fight itself or that there's ever going to be less of it), ultimately the metaphor was that Joker had no purpose without Batman and that Joker's ENTIRE world revolved around him one way or another.

It's sort of a meta-commentary on the idea that Batman lets the Joker live because he needs something to fight. Batman will ALWAYS have more crime to fight, because crime is never-ending. But Joker on the other hand has let his obsession with Batman command his entire existence, while ultimately Bruce just saw the Joker as an annoyance and a distraction, albiet at dangerous one.
>>
>>81518291
They aren't doing that, I think.
However Rocksteady IS going to be making a game based on the Silver Age of comics books, so some folks think they'll be making a full-on Justice League game!
>>
Was pretty buttmad they made Joker a big thing in Arkham Knight, would rather wish they kept Joker dead. Braver decision imo.
>>
>>81517368
I hate how Joker is inside of Batman continued to be a thing. It was only a teaser in Asylum but it's a major part of City and moreso in Knight. It should've just ended after he got the cure in AC.
>>
I love the Arkham games so much. I don't know why, but my favorite part of the games are the beginnings.

Personally, i wish AK had ended with Bruce's identity intact. But that's just me.

Who's the new Batman? Azreal?
>>
>>81518524

I replayed it the other day. I enjoyed it but I feel it hasn't aged as well. The first play through has a greater impact than the others, but overall I'd say it's actually the weakest of the three. The controls feel clunkier compared to the later entries and large sections of the game are rather dull once you've experienced the atmosphere multiple times already.

I'd say it goes AC > AK > AA. AK would top it but there's too much batmobile. Excessive vehicle combat I could deal with, but it seemed like every other puzzle or Riddler trophy had it involved in the solution and on top of that I think both the level design and bosses suffered from the need to include the batmobile. I don't think these problems make it bad or disappointing but AK definitely could've reached greater heights than it did. Also Barbara should have stayed dead. Her death was amazing but it completely loses any impact in repeat play throughs.
>>
File: Batman_Arkham_Origins_Statue_2.png (1018 KB, 1038x1500) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Arkham_Origins_Statue_2.png
1018 KB, 1038x1500
I love the Arkham verse and the Arkham games. I think the 3rd one receives too much flack for having a shitty PC port as well as the Batmobile sections, but the rest of the game was damn solid. It's a shame, because with all the bitching I sort of don't remember it as being a truly great game, despite the fact that it was and I loved playing through it. Never played Origins though I have the Collectors Edition which came with pic related

Asylum>Knight>City imo

>>81518944
>>81517368
The "new" Batman isn't new at all. Bruce fakes his death and takes up the Batman persona full time, only this time using Fear Gas. The figure at the end that the two criminals see is the same figure scarecrow saw once Bruce injected the toxin into him. He's not really dead, he's just cutting connections.
His dialogue with Catwoman after finishing the Riddler missions also make this clear. He says goodbye to her, essentially forever and there's this piece of dialogue

>Some things you can't do alone Bruce
>And some things you have to
>>
>>81520944
Pretty cool figure
>>
>>81518291

>Suicide Squad game with Arkham game mechanics

I'd seriously kill for that.
>>
>>81522019
Fucking people up as Bronze Tiger with Arkham combat would be amazing, as would controlling boomerangs like Bat's remote control batarangs
>>
I've only ever played Asylum, haven't gotten to any of the sequels yet.

That said, I loved the game and liked it for what it was, but a lot of the aspects about it weren't really "muh Batman." Not that I cared that much, because I'm not too much of an autist that I couldn't just enjoy it anyway.

I guess what I mean by it not being "muh" was the sort of aesthetic of it. That really bulky tank-like Batman with a face like granite (I especially dislike the armored AK costume). Not the biggest fan of the visual key, with the sort of grungey street look. The high-techy glowy stuff kind of clashed too much with the Gothic aesthetic. Like, pick one or the other, a Gothic cathedral with glowing orange and blue holographic control panels looks gaudy.

Also, the character designs. I hate the "Bane is a huge monster" interpretation (Origins Bane was good, though). Disliked all the Harley costumes (looks like a Jugalo, and it's also responsible for the comics following suit). Also don't like the green veiny-skinned Poison Ivy or Eminem Robin. Arkhamverse designs just weren't my cup of tea.

Also, don't really like the "Riddler is the killer from Saw" interpretation. It seemed they want EVERY villain to be edgy, instead of just letting his edgy ones be edgy.
>>
>>81522524
So pretty much the game would be "split all of Batman's abilities into various other characters"

Do you want to play the character who can't do this thing Batman can do, or the character who can't do this other thing Batman can do?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
>>81522963

The AK costume is actually one of my favourites, which is weird as I've never been a fan of overly 'techy' bat-suits.

Agreed with the other character designs though. I find all the guys to be a bit too bulky in an almost Liefeld-esque manner. The worst offender is Bruce himself. It's only concept art in Asylum so it's easier to ignore but City and Knight have you play as him... well like this.
>>
File: Artie Fucking Bucco.gif (2 MB, 375x336) Image search: [Google]
Artie Fucking Bucco.gif
2 MB, 375x336
>>81517368
Arkham Knight is a massive disappointment

There were only a handful of pluses for me, particularly the Robin team up section, Pyg sidestory and some, but not all of the Riddler missions and the most effective use of Joker in the Arkhamverse.

Everything else was shit.
>>
>>81517368
Loved it, but it needed 20% less batmobile and to have boss fights.
>>
>>81524121
I think you mean literally no batmobile. Those controls were horrible.
>>
As much as people shit on the car I personally loved every second

Except those car chasing, missile shooting minigames. Fuck them.
>>
>>81523503
I enjoyed it a lot more replaying it recently.
>>
I love it.
>>
>>81517368
First licensed comic book hero video game that wasn't shit.
>>
>>81526991
what? dude there have been a good damn many amazing comic book games before the Arkham games.
>>
I'm waiting for the Arkham Knight Complete edition before I play it. Hopefully they'll implement Catwoman/Nightwing/etc. free-roam.
>>
>>81528111
Probably not.
>>
File: 1454467372122.png (128 KB, 1018x919) Image search: [Google]
1454467372122.png
128 KB, 1018x919
>mfw I played it on PC
I could still manage 30fps so I completed it anyway, did NG+ when it was fixed.

My number one complaint with the game is the complete lack of boss fights, there's nothing that stands out like Freeze in AC or Firefly in AO. It's either dumb BatTank battles or beat up X amount of goon waves. I enjoyed driving around in the batmobile and using it in combination with the cape glide to find the fastest way to move around the city, however they went way overboard with the combat sections. They got repetitive way too fast, I'd hate to actually try and play these sections with a controller rather than a KB&M. The BatTank sections aren't as god awful as everyone makes them out to be, but that doesn't mean they're in any way good.

The hand to hand combat was a little better at least, you can't really spam counter to win anymore.

Storywise, I was really irritated with the joker. Batman has the best rogue gallery by far, and he's shoved in our face for all four games. The fact that it's Mark Hamill's best performance out of all the rocksteady games makes it even worse. I'm annoyed Scarecrow got shafted, I'm annoyed the Arkham Knight was as hamfisted as he was (those flashbacks gave me the impression that rocksteady thinks I'm brain dead) and I'm annoyed that they threw Hush was thrown under the bus.

They went for a more serious tone than Asylum/City, the change in writer was pretty obvious for me.
>>
>>81528111
Theres actually a mod for that. It lets you freeroam as robin, harley quinn, red hood, catwoman, batgirl, nightwing, gordon i think, and bruce wayne. Unfortunately they arent all designed to work in the open environment so things like gliding and grappling everywhere dont function like youd hope they do. But still it is fun to run around town fucking shit up as silver age dressed robin.

That being said id love some in city dlc where you do shit as nightwing
>>
The two written by Dini are great.
I still cannot fathom why they thought replacing him was a good idea. Like. What.
I guess he asked for too much money or something? Fucking pay the man ya goons. So much of Knights storyline was just fucking shockingly bad. Like the actualy Arkham Knight for example.
>>
>>81528168
I agree, Rocksteady had a bunch of potential, but fell flat. All those story arcs set up in AC, only to really focus on the Arkham Knight while rushing to complete other character arcs.
It seemed like their creativity was lacking, and the fact that Batman was laced with Fear toxin the only thing they could think of was Joker. I like Joker and all, but they've could've done more. I was expecting them to crank up the mind-fuck similar to how AA did it.

Although anyone else think that AO's cutscenes were amazing? I'm surpised whatever team that made them didn't get hired for AK.
>>
>>81529420
I did as well. I feel like they relied too much on cinematic cutscenes though. Would've liked to see more done with the in-game models.

>>81518197
I really want to like Origins, but to me, it just felt hollow. Maybe it was the fact that it was basically an expansion pack for City, but I never felt fully satisfied after a play session. Which is a shame, because the game has more content than City, and I can feel the heart WBMontreal put into what would've otherwise been a quick cash-grab. But I just felt it was missing something. Also, I can't stand Troy Baker as Joker, and his dialogue is way too hammy, so every scene that has the Joker in it just drains me.

I think we can all agree that Blackgate gets all the flack it deserves though.
>>
>>81517368
>What does /co/ think of the Arkhamverse?
I like it. my biggest problem is how Batmans entire career is about 10 years. I find it hard to believe he goes through 3 Robins and a Batgirl in about 5 years. it also seems rather harsh that he picks up Tim about a year or so after losing Jason.

theres other little stuff like giant hulk Bane and Joker being the focus of everything but other than that probably one of my favorite Batman universes.
>>
>>81532665
Origins deserves credit for having the best boss battles in the series. also probably the best version of Bane I've seen in a while.
>>
>>81532861
I liked the explanation that he was training them side by side and just gave up looking for Jason after 18 months.
>>
>>81528291
>the open environment so things like gliding and grappling everywhere dont function like youd hope they do.
that reminds me, is anyone else kind of annoyed that in all the Arkham games you just grapple and glide everywhere? did anyone else want to occasionally swing from buildings like in the Spider-Man games?
>>
File: Comic Vidya.jpg (769 KB, 920x2750) Image search: [Google]
Comic Vidya.jpg
769 KB, 920x2750
>>81526991
Found the underage.
>>
>>81532951
>he was training them side by side
do you mean one after the other? because he didn't train them side by side. Dick left before he got Jason and he got Tim after Joker had Jason captured.
>>
>>81526991
>autism
>>
File: The_Lost_Vikings_SNES_cover.jpg (81 KB, 640x446) Image search: [Google]
The_Lost_Vikings_SNES_cover.jpg
81 KB, 640x446
>>81523031
Not him, but I'm a sucker for puzzle games like that. They can play up that angle, especially if you switch between different characters in different areas. The way they can make it feel less like a watered down Batman would be to refine and improve different aspects of the characters. Captain Boomerang's boomerangs should be better and more varied than batmans. Bronze Tiger is a better fighter than Batman, so focus his part on combat. And so on.

And maybe add a recruiting aspect where you can add criminals or lose members.
>>
>>81532915
I will give it credit for that. The side - missions also had much more satisfying endings. I do wish the Bane encounters had more meat to them though. You fought him just like you did the Titan soldiers in City, except he charged at you a lot more.
>>
>Everything okay? You look spooked.
>I'm fine Jas-Tim
>You haven't done that for a while

I think my favorite part of Arkham Knight was them showing us just how much Bruce had started to slip after all of the stress he had gone through over his years as batman.

Joker wasn't just a cute and quirky Mxyzptlk type character, he was an actual representation of batman's descent into madness.
>>
>>81523031
i want to play as deathstroke killing people with his sword with the mechanics from the clayface fight
>>
>>81518291
Not Arkham mechanics, but I think a Suicide Squad game with a modified Fallout 1/2 combat system could be pretty kickass.
>>
>>81534129
>turn based combat

Nooooo
>>
>>81533975
Only problem with the
>Jas-Tim
Is that it meant they foreshadowed the identity of the AK a little too hard. Even without knowing capeshit you could suss out it was Jason Todd. just by how the game desperately wanted to make you aware of his existence, despite him never being mentioned in the other two.
That's more of a problem of the story itself though desu
>>
>>81534168
But I like turn based combat
>>
>>81534236
>The Arkham Knights totally an original character guys
>It's totally not Jason guys!
>SUPRISED?! IT WAS JASON ALL ALONG!
I'm still mad
>>
>>81533975
Wouldve helped if Jason had at least been mentioned in a previous game tho
>>
Loved Asylum and City to death, 2 of my favorite games ever. Enjoyed the story and scripted gameplay segments of Origins (Red Hood, end fight with Joker, fighting on the news feed, etc) but that's about it. I liked Knight but not more than Asylum or City. Too much Batmobile, bad and predicable story, lack of boss fights, skins were toned down from City, lack of good challenge maps, too many races and tank battles.

Personally I'd say:
City 9.5
Asylum 8.5
Origins 7
Knight 6.5
>>
I thought killing Ivy was bullshit, but then again she became a bunch of pollen, so for all I know she's gonna grow back out of some weird flower like that.
>>
File: arkhamknight3-632x360.jpg (42 KB, 632x360) Image search: [Google]
arkhamknight3-632x360.jpg
42 KB, 632x360
>That moment in the clocktower where you zoom to read the text and the room changes around you

Say what you want about AK but some of the shit they did was cool af. The Arkham trilogy is seriously one of my favourite series ever.

I even went full autism and played thruogh Asylum in a one night sitting, since that's the way Batman does it in universe. Did the same with City too, consecutive nights actually. Probably around 4am or 5am when I finished, pretty immersive desu. Not sure if the same can even be done for AK, shit's too big.
>>
>>81534965
Hell yeah, AK had a ton of little Easter eggs. So did the others but AK went balls to the walls. One of the very few things I really loved about that game.
>>
>>81535068
>Constantines investigation office
>Zatannas magic shop
>>
>>81535113
>Starro in the Batgirl DLC
>>
>>81534965
>Not sure if the same can even be done for AK, shit's too big.
There's no way that Bats could have done all the shit he HAS to do to actually finish the game in one night.
>>
File: Starro Arkham Knight.jpg (88 KB, 673x673) Image search: [Google]
Starro Arkham Knight.jpg
88 KB, 673x673
>>
Love the Arkham games, but I hated how they kept killing off villains...especially in the comics.
>>
>>81517368
>Was the Batman in the ending CG the result of Batman using a lesser potent of Scarecrow's fear toxin as a means of retaining the fear of Batman in Gotham?
Probably, but it could have been Jason for all we know. He's done Batman before.
>>
>>81535256
You know what's creepy?
The fucking music changes when you get close to the goddamn thing.
>>
>>81535298
That whole DLC had spooky as fuck music. Honestly I enjoyed it more than the base game. The only worthwhile DLC in all of AK imo. Just wish it was a little longer.
>>
File: 1435684757316.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435684757316.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>81535113

Music Meister's. :3
>>
File: 1435703769670.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435703769670.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>81535408
I really wish I saved that one
>>
>>81535381
Holy shit I missed that.
Rocksteady is the only guys I would expect to make a Swamp Thing appearance work BTW; he'd need to be equal parts creepy as fuck and physically intimidating.
>>
>>81535455
Also Kord signs in Knight
>>
File: 1435676492214.png (1 MB, 1439x805) Image search: [Google]
1435676492214.png
1 MB, 1439x805
Not really an easter egg anymore since he got his own DLC
>>
We could be here all night discussing how the Arkham Knight plot was flawed.
>>
>>81535596
I would really like a quick summary of how it was because I didn't see anything wrong with it.
>>
File: 1454494225036.jpg (96 KB, 736x1084) Image search: [Google]
1454494225036.jpg
96 KB, 736x1084
I came
>>
>>81535256
I've never seen that, but that's legitimately horrifying.
>>
Why would Joker's blood make you like Joker?

If you get a blood transfusion form someone, you don't get any of their personality. It's fucking BLOOD.
>>
>>81535709
>comics
>who really knows what else that vat of chemicals and all his own concoctions did to him over the years
>plot
>>
>>81535709
It was infected with Titan and whatever other fucked up shit that made him immune to his toxins.
>>
>>81535658
Not him but my main complaint of it was that it was just a poorly done Under the Red Hood. I mean they said it was a totally original character months before release but 15 minutes into the game the AK is quoting Jason Todd from UTRH. That and Scarecrow might as well have not been there. Much much less of an impact on the story than Asylum.
>>
>>81535709

Because they needed a way to get Joker back and apparently that was the best idea they had.
>>
File: Batgirl suit.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl suit.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>81517368
It was probably one of my most favorite Stories about Batman, also some of my most favorite suits come out from it.
It went wonky with the canon like with Jason or Tim and Barbara's Relationship but I immensely enjoyed that those characters were able to be played in general. I just wish it had a free roam mode of a mode where you could play as them in the story.
I kinda want another Arkham verse game to come out but just have it be solely based on the Robins and how they adapt to a batmanless gotham.

Not to mention HOLY SHIT THIS SUIT.
>>
>>81535709
It didn't turn them INTO joker, they just got a lot more aggressive and psychotic.

Still doesn't make any fucking sense though, if that's the case it should have started happening to batman way before he got dosed with fear toxin.
>>
>>81536027
>I just wish it had a free roam mode of a mode where you could play as them in the story
Seriously how hard is it to do something like this? And whatever happened to all the crazy cheat codes games used to have? Wheres my flying batmobile?
>>
>>81535805
Yeah they might as well have dropped the Scarecrow story with him scheme to expose Bruce and just should have had the game be UTRH on Steroids with Jason still laying siege of the city just because he wants to beat Bruce and if you must keep the Joker blood storyline.
>>
>>81535669
this is quite possibly the best Scarecrow design. only thing that would make it better is if he had a wide brim hat.
>>
>>81536027
I wouldn't mind a game with Nightwing in Blüdhaven.
>>
>>81535709
It was that mixed with the Titan formula.
Also? The JOKER didn't start off as the Joker if you recall, he got dumped into a vat of chemicals and turned into the Joker, which might have altered his biology as well as his mind.

What surprised me is that they actually got the term "prion disease" and the exact syndrome they used to explain his behavior correctly, though this of course is a definitely altered version of it.
>>
File: 1415849509180.jpg (258 KB, 884x675) Image search: [Google]
1415849509180.jpg
258 KB, 884x675
>>81518565
>>81517659
Not OP but why was Batman becoming Joker with the toxin anyway? I can understand him becoming a psychopath but why did he become the Joker specifically? His fear isn't becoming the joker is it? It's losing his shit, I get that he bet the Joker by bringing out Jokers fear, but I don't get why Joker was even part of it
>>
Origins is the best one. Fight me /co/.
>>
>>81536215
I could see a game where it's after Knight and the main is Dick dealing with Bludhaven and trying to help Tim, switching over to Tim and Barbara and her being worried with how reckless Tim is being, becoming more and more like Bruce as the pressure and internalized grief goes on. Jason in the mix with Tim blaming him and Dick trying to reconnect with him.
>>
Loved Asylum.

Greatly enjoyed City.

Playing Origins right now.

Arkham Knight was garbage.
>>
>>81536152
>And whatever happened to all the crazy cheat codes games used to have?
This one's easy, actually.
Cheat codes are simple to do when videogames had less lines of code running through them then the cellphone I'm posting on.
Now that they required expensive and dedicated gaming consoles dramatically altering in-game physics and graphics is actually quite difficult without the game crashing, which why whenever you fell through the fucking floor in Origins you had to restart the game.
>>
>>81535556
Wasn't PROMETHEUS supposed to be dlc. Fuck WB for dropping the ball.
>>
>people keep mentioning Titan formula as a plot justification

Isn't Titan just a super-steroid? It shouldn't have the myriad of effects we're seeing.

Or is this one of those "It does whatever writers say it does" situations?
>>
>>81535669
Crane had some damn good dialogue in this game. I recall after Barbara's death, he speaks at you through the billboards and whatnot. I was slowly walking away from the scene and just stopped to listen, it was ridiculously cinematic despite being open play and as he finished his statement about the city being in chaos, some thugs drove by on a nearby road firing their guns wildly. Can't really express how cool it was
>>
>>81536354
>Battle for the Cowl game
Too bad there's no Cass to get in on that shit
>>
>>81536383
Thanks, I was seriously wondering about that
>>
>>81536416
Titan was a hype formula synthesized by combining Bane's Venom and some of Ivy's plant toxins.
>>
>>81536402
We were also meant to get Pill Jason and Damian skins
>>
Did they really expect people in Gotham to buy that the fucking Batman would stay dead? How dumb are they?
>>
Any news on new stuff? I thought a suicide squad game was supposed to be in development
>>
>>81536433
You never know, it's clearly an alternative earth, she could appear with Damian to fight for the cowl.
>>
>>81536383

Not really, it's still just ones and zeros. You can hack a good majority of games with cheat engine, if you know what you're looking for.
>>
>>81536027
>Tim and Barbara's Relationship
this still feels weird to me. maybe its just because Barbara and Dick makes more sense and has been the norm for years. I did like how it came off that there was history between Barbara and Jason in the Arkham Knight audio tapes.
>>
>>81536469
I don't know man, seeing Bruce literally blow up would be pretty convincing.

Speaking of which, they did a top tier job with Calendar man
>>
>>81536288
The Joker Prion turned you into the Joker, yes, or at least have you aspects of his personality.
It's possible that combined with the Scarcrow's Fear Toxin and Batman's more "complete" understanding the the Joker's psyche he genuinely became the Joker himself.

If you mean a scientific reason, then there is none.
It's a comic book property; one of the main villains of the game visibly has no fucking lips and is quite perfectly able to enunciate most sounds with zero effort. And the "city" in the game is about a quarter the size of Mahattan and yet somehow manages to hold millions people.

Out of universe reasons; character notability, same as in Origins.
>>
How demanding is the PC version of AK compared to Origins? I can play Origins just fine, but i see a lot of people with Skynet-level rigs complaining about poor performance, so i guess i shouldn't bother until i upgrade.
>>
>>81536528
It felt weird to me too and I kinda wanted at the point of Arkham Knight for him to be Red Robin already and doing stuff is an unsanctioned spoiler.
>>
>Get fucked up by Killer Croc
>Come back with a awesome voice
I wish I was Scarecrow
https://youtu.be/EckKz5MqacU
>>
>>81536503
Or she was just there all the time as Batgirl and just not mentioned. You know like Jason wasn't mentioned. I could see them do that.
Kate was also just mentioned in AK and only through some voicemail.

>>81536528
Me too. Arkham!Tim completely weird to me, seeing as he's pretty much Tim in name only.
>>
>>81536588
Nah didn't mean scientifically, it's just that Batmans greatest fear isn't BEING the Joker, but that's what he became once Scarecrow shoved some fear toxin in him. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to just be Batman going nuts and taking lives?
>>
>>81536679
>Kate was also just mentioned in AK and only through some voicemail.
That's a good point but I'm kinda iffy on it since we do see some kind of correspondence between Barbara and the Birds of Prey but Cass isn't mentioned once as someone who could be called in to deal with the threat of the city, excuse for why she can't or not.
>>
>>81536679
>Arkham!Tim completely weird to me, seeing as he's pretty much Tim in name only.
I still find it funny how he's more like Dick sometimes is in comics when Dick being like Tim in other media is such a common complaint
>>
>>81536679
The series took place in the DCU clearly, just with some changes.
There's obviously some age and relationship differences, but Flash and Superman exist in the backround, as does Lex Luthor and shit like that.
>>
>>81536617
I wished the Arkham games would have included the whole Batfamily one way or another. Even Spoiler would have been cool. Would drive a game like Origins even more home how he started out all alone and by the end of it he has a whole family that will continue to protect the city even if he isn't there anymore.
>>
>>81536800
It got close with Knight.
Which is why I hope with Bruce out of the picture we get an entire game dedicated to the Batfam in Gotham at the same time, IF they ever decide to make another.
>>
>Al Ghuls return in DLC
>no hint at Damian being born pre-Talia dying
>the post-AK Nightwing episode has no mention of Damian turnibg up on his door stel
Boooo
>>
>>81536872
*when
>>
>>81536872
Rocksteady is done with Arkham, but we might see something like Origins in the future with a different team making a new game, using the same engine.

Though that said, I think AK runs on UE3, they'd have to upgrade to UE4 if they make another
>>
>>81536906
>born
He was born in a tube, It's still possible.
>>
>>81536906
>Al Ghuls return in DLC
>no hint at Damian being born pre-Talia dying
>the post-AK Nightwing episode has no mention of Damian turnibg up on his door stel
yaaaaay
>>
>>81536752
Funny thing is for Cass they would just need to use a younger looking modified model of Lady Shiva and voila.

>>81536872
I would love to see it. Just to showcase that Batman has been an inspiration to so many people.
>>
>>81536725
In Arkham City, Joker injected Batman with some of his blood because he was poisoned and that would force Batman to look for a cure for them both.

In Knight, Batman still wasn't completely cured.

Joker had also sent some of his blood to hospitals around the city, which is what happened to those 3 or 4 people Robin had locked up trying to cure them.
>>
>>81536679
>Me too. Arkham!Tim completely weird to me, seeing as he's pretty much Tim in name only.

I always exclusively gave him the black and red skin he wears in the comics because the head-shaven weirdly Channing Tatum look is kinda off-putting to me.
>>81536725
You say Batman's greatest fear isn't being the Joker, but I'll flatly point out that what he sees when on Fear Gas (aside from Dead Parents at least once) has changed so often as to be meaningless in the comics.
The only consistent thing is hallucinations of violence and fear.

I actually think that the Fear Toxin literally wasn't working the way it was supposed to, because when injected into Joker-controlled Batman it didn't do anything whatsoever. I think it was reacting with the then-dormant Joker Prions in his body and exacerbating their affect on his condition, gradually "increasing" the Joker's control of him.
Also you gotta admit Batman literally BECOMING the Joker wasn't anything he actually had to fear until that exact scenario.
>>
>>81536872
has to have co op. I'm still bummed we never got an Arkham game with a open world batfamily co op mechanic.
>>
>>81536906
The Al Ghul's in the Arkham verse are kinda bullshit though. Is there a reason they couldn't just throw his dead body into the original pit in wherever Ra's lives?
Also why the hell does Gotham even have Lazarus Pits?

...That being said I can't remember but isn't Nyssa Arrow only?
>>
>>81537042
>Real Dynamic Duo Mechanic.
That sounds like it would be tough to make.
>>
>>81537060
No, she's from the comics too
>>
>>81537000
So Joker's is a universal donor?
Because you just have to chuckle at the idea that just giving Bats some of his blood might have killed our favorite hero.
>>
>>81537060
>Also why the hell does Gotham even have Lazarus Pits?

Isn't there comics lore that says they occur wherever Earth's ley lines meet?
>>
>>81537060
Nah, shes a comic character, just a very unknown one
>>
>>81537060
>Is there a reason they couldn't just throw his dead body into the original pit in wherever Ra's lives?
This is a thing from the comics.
The Lazarus Pits gradually loose their affect over time, which actually is the only reason Ra's looks old at all.
It's why he wanted Batman as his successor; he knew that EVENTUALLY he was going to die.
>Also why the hell does Gotham even have Lazarus Pits?
They're located all over the world.
There's thousands of them hidden underground in different locations on the planet, and originally the comics had it that you could only use each one ONCE.
>...That being said I can't remember but isn't Nyssa Arrow only?
Nope, she appears in the comics too.
Way less prominent the Talia though.
>>
>>81537118
Google would sure have you think otherwise though.
>>
>>81518464
I played Mass Effect 3, fuck you.
>>
>>81537000
>>81537002
I've got to admit I sort of forgot about the Joker blood turning people into The Joker.I suppose Batman would fear that happening to him, so it does make sense that he became the Joker in full once injected with the Toxin.
The Fear Toxins boosting the Joker Prions could also be the case, though a lot of what happened was simply in Bruce's head so I'm less inclined to it
>>
>>81536642
Even after all these years Mark Hamill can still do an amazing Joker.

I still prefer the younger sound one, though.
>>
>>81537180
>>81537196
>>81537229
Thanks.
>>
>>81537159
Actually O+ (the universal donor type) makes up around 40-something percent of the population of the world, so it's not that difficult to believe.
>>
>>81537060
no she has been in the comics since the early 2000s.

that said did anyone else find it odd that all of the Ninjas in the League of Assassins are all women? especially when we had male ninjas in the main game?
>>
>>81537230
The first link?
>>
>>81536763
Still would've liked Tim to be the detective type he is in the comics.
>>
>>81537320
>that said did anyone else find it odd that all of the Ninjas in the League of Assassins are all women?
They've been reusing the character model/move set since AC, honestly.
>>
>>81537330
No no, the image search has like tons of Arrow Nyssa and I had to scroll down until I found a single picture of her comics version.
>>
>>81518743

This.

Also: you name your last game after a character that literally disappears the moment he's confronted by Bruce. WTF.
>>
>>81537245
>The Fear Toxins boosting the Joker Prions could also be the case, though a lot of what happened was simply in Bruce's head so I'm less inclined to it
Given that what Prion Diseases do is ALL in your head (well, sort of), it's not really that surprising at all.
It's not very realistic, but medicine shit is always so far off from being real in all media that you might as well just say "wizards wizards wizards" every time it came time for the "medical" explanation.
>>
>>81537339
To be fair for all the times we've seen him there wasn't much detective work to be done. I too would have liked for him to disappear on bruce now and then to signify he figured out the answer at the same time or before bruce.
>>
>>81537356
Pissed me off with Shiva when they practically turned her into one of them when I was looking forward to her battle the most because I just knew she would be the enemy to slap Bruce's shit the most.
>>
>>81537392
>image search
you should know better by now anon. Once there's a live action version that takes up the first hundred pics. Every set picture, trailer still, and news article. I can't search Electro anymore without scrolling through Jaime Fox
>>
>>81517368
Alright,ya dumb bastard, I'll spoonfeed ya because I like ya so much.

The whole game, the Joker toxin is messing with Batman's mind. The Joker is taking him over more and more. When Scarecrow injects Batman, he allows the essence of the Joker, which he's been holding back the whole game, to take him over, while holding onto a vestige of sanity. This means what you saw is Joker's worst fear; being forgotten. Irrelevant. Being out of the spotlight. Batman defeats Joker in his mind, regaining control of his body and overcoming the fear toxin. He basically used the "Joker" part of his mind as a shield against the toxin. Overcoming it allowed him to purge both the Joker sickness and the toxin from his mind and body.

Knightfall protocol is Bruce returning to the city using Scarecrow's fear toxin to fight crime again. It's all but confirmed after you beat the riddler sidequest and rescue Catwoman. Batman says Gotham needs something "newer and worse" than Batman. Something he "can't be right now." With everyone thinking he's dead, he's free to fight crime however he wants...
Hope that helped!
>>
>>81537356
I have no problem with reusing the models but its just odd to me that aside from Ra's and some new recruits it appears that all of the League of Assassins are just women. especially when we have Male ninjas in the game. I mean hell they made the Martial Artists in Origins Ninjas in that Bruce Wayne Ninja Training DLC.

that said I did really dig the designs of Nyssas' ninjas.
>>
File: JUST.png (2 MB, 1336x589) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
2 MB, 1336x589
>>81537460
makes me mad honestly
>>
>>81537456
Origins was done by WB Montreal, which is a rushed piece of crap.
This is the same studio that thought ripping off Arkham's combat and Assassin's Creed's movement would make a good Middle-Earth game.
>>
>>81537447
They could have done so with the DLCs, but nope. And in Batgirls DLC he was too busy trying to get into her pants. I dunno he just didn't feel like Tim to me at all.
>>
>>81537523
Isn't Shadow of Mordor pretty highly praised? Never played it but plan to eventually
>>
>>81537507
>I mean hell they made the Martial Artists in Origins Ninjas in that Bruce Wayne Ninja Training DLC.

Fun fact, the Togakure-ryu School that Bruce is supposed to be training at is a real thing in real life, though it's not in an isolated monestary in Korea.
>>
>>81537420
>you name your last game after a character that literally disappears the moment he's confronted by Bruce.

Wasn't there an interview that was like

>"So he uses dual pistols"
>"Yeah?"
>"Be Honest, Is it Jason?"
>"What? No! Shut up! It's a completely new character this time!"
>Think about all the times the new character was Jason.
>>
>>81537559
I really liked it. Take that for what you will. Sequel was recently confirmed.
>>
>>81537526
Damn I hate how Tim was wisecracking, joking Dick.
Instead of unconfident, self depreciating Tim who always comes out on top.
>>
>>81537559
I don't listen to critical praise because it's useless, I listen to what I see and hear.
It's very repetitive and very derivative.
It's not a BAD game, it's just a good game that everyone played already.
The story is hugely nonsensical too, an obvious afterthought.

What's sad is that it's got some great Middle-Earth lore in there that's relatively accurate, but it's neither important to the plot or even easy to find in-game.
>>
>>81521945
It is desu, whole thing only cost me £35 or so
>>
>>81537701
Especially weird seeing as Dick was also wisecracking the whole time. They basically did with Tim in the game when the comic authors wanted to avoid: making him too much like Dick (which was because of Jason back in the day being too much like Dick, being disliked for it and then killed off).

Also would it have been too much to have Joker beat Jason to death instead of shooting him?
>>
>>81537727
Doesn't it also shift itself right into alternate universe because you're basically killing a not yet powerful enough Sauron and then decide to make a new ring?
>>
>>81537883
Dick wisecracks quite a bit in the comics, especially his own series.
Shit, Grayson is basically one endless wisecrack from him from beginning to end.

I was more annoyed how a malformed dwarf a gun somehow manages to sneak up on him and take him hostage. Unless of course he only did it to ensure he could get Cobblepot close up to stop him from running away again.
>>
>>81537931
I guess?
The whole thing was clearly a massive cash-grab anyway trying to continue exploiting an IP Warner Brothers owned.
>>
>>81537999
>Dick wisecracks quite a bit in the comics, especially his own series.
I know. And he should. I was complaining about Tim, not Dick. Dick was fine.

>>81538031
Tolkien would turn in his grave, I tell you.
>>
>>81534074
I was hoping that's what playing as Deathstroke in Origins would be, but they just made him a shitty robin clone. I can't believe one series dropped the ball on a character as hard as the Arkham series did on Deathstroke.
>>
>>81538128
Hear hear. I would have loved playing as Shiva too.

At least Red Hood is killing fuckers.
>>
>>81538261
It was so satisfying to finally be able to execute scumbags instead of leaving them alive to wake up literally a few minutes after you're done beating them down.
>>
>>81538261
Not him but I really would have loved to have the "gadget" where he turns his guns into a sniper rifle.
>>
>>81538128
Apparently originally Slade was the MAIN villain of the game, and much of the concept art involved methods he was going to employ to fight you.
You'd have to fight him multiple times and each time Batman would actually LOOSE because Deathstroke is legitimately superhuman compared to Bruce as well as having equal (or even greater) fighting skills.
There was images of him chasing Bruce across Gotham with a helicopter, using attack drones to "hunt" Batman across the city like an animal that you'd have to dodge because if they found you he'd show up and kick your ass into the fucking dirt again. The finale would be you NOT fighting on his terms and instead of a glorofied kungfu match you'd outwit and defeat him by using traps and the environment.

There was MASSIVE editorial interference at WB though, who wanted Joker to be in the game, and maybe Bane too.
This led to the messy combination of villains.
>>
>>81538334
It's almost TOO easy to do Predator stuff as him the way he instantly kills his enemies rather then slowly chokes them out.
>>
>>81538476
>There was MASSIVE editorial interference at WB though, who wanted Joker to be in the game, and maybe Bane too.

Why the fuck would they do that?
>>
>>81538577
WB are kind of well known dicks when it comes to this type of thing.
>>
>>81538476
Eh Slade shouldn't be a main villain in anything but Teen Titans.
>>
>>81538476
>this sounds cool
>but maybe no Firefly and based Croc
I'm conflicted
>>
>>81538577
If you haven't noticed they apparently believe that Joker HAS to be in the game heavily or else people will not want it.
>>
>>81538577
I don't know if you've noticed dude, but WB's various media divisions had been really burning money lately through stupid fucking decisions.
I'm not even talking about BvS, I'n talking about the two high-budget failures BEFORE that that have nothing to do with comic books at all.
>>
I love it but I still think that they should've done a better job with the Arkham Knight reveal.
>>
>>81538656
What you mean like instead of lying outright and saying "No it's not red hood, it's a completely new character" they could have said something neutral like "We're not at liberty to give that information out right now."
>>
>>81538611
Bruce Timm's entire life was finding ways to both please his incredibly unreasonable bosses AND tell them subtly to fuck off at the same time.

Thankfully he was pretty good at it.
>>81538643
At least they were treating him with respect as a villain in that version.
WB Montreal seems to have a lot of "we totally love this source material but also we are totally at the beck and call of our cruel slavemasters!" thing going on.
>>
I'm pissed because I never got to play as the Creeper.
>>
>>81538783
No one is ever going to directly play a Steve Dikto created character in a game who's name doesn't start with "Spider" and end with "Man".
>>
>>81538841
Creeper 4,5,6 are some of Ditko's best though and he did them while having tuberculosis. I wanna get to play as the Creeper and track down Proteus, even if it's just a DLC mission.
>>
>>81538643
And now I want a Titans game with the budget of the Arkham series. Thanks.
>>
I want a new trilogy with Terry wearing the cowl. Call it Arkham Legacy. instead of grapple, it will be (functionally indistinguishable) jet boots, shock batarangs would replace freeze bombs, Neo Gotham would look awesome, and having Batman as Terry's mentor instead of Bruce would keep everyone in the dark as to the end of AK (where, at the end of the trilogy it will be revealed that Jason replaced Bruce). Hell even Montreal could do it, they couldn't really fuck things up SO BAD. Oh, and borrow plots and stories from the books, which were more Arkham than the show ever could be.
>>
>>81538983
>Get to fly around cyberpunk gotham
>Get to wear the slick as fuck Beyond suit
>Get to pilot the badass flying batmobile

Those points alone would make the game so totally schway
>>
>>81539136
lets be honest here the flying Batmobile would probably be relegated to fast travel like the Batwing was in Origins.
>>
>>81538935
Well you're getting something from Rocksteady based off the Silver Age of comics according to them, so you might be getting a Justice League game or something at least.
>>
>>81539311
Anon let me dream. Let me have this, please. If Knight gets the Gunmobile, a Beyond game can work in a player-controlled air-batcar
>>
File: g.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>81538983
Only if we get best girl
>>
>>81539136
I don't know about that one, It was kinda reaching for them to put the batmobile in but I was barely able to accept it, I don't think I can accept a flying one hitting a building and not only not wrecking both building and machine, but also having it bounce off of it
>>
>>81528168
Yeah, I was really let down at Deathstrokes battle. One of the characters who can give Batman a honest challenge in CQC and they just make him a shitty tank boss. I wanted to play Batman: Arkham Knight, not Michael Wittman: Bocage Knight
>>
>>81539358
Yeah but that doesn't give me Raven in that hot leotard as her DLC outfit.
>>
>>81536340
City was better for its time. Origins did have better storytelling.
>>
>>81539424
Finally remembered what Deathstrokes "boss battle" is. Bloody hell it's absolutely terrible. It's just a rehash of one of the other boss fights if I'm not mistaken.
I remember clearing all the outposts and having Deathstroke tell me it's going to be one on one now. I legit got hyped, I thought this'd be some cool shit, just two dudes duking it out on the rainy and chaotic street of Gotham. I was even putting the fight off until I felt good and ready thinking it was going to be some difficult but rather epic encounter.
Imagine my disappoint to see the Batmobile icon plastered on the ground. Hell, at first I thought they just wanted me in it so they could have a cool cut scene of me jumping out of it but nope. It was a Tank battle. Against Deathstroke of all people. How can they nail some of the characterisation only to get other things so horribly, horribly wrong?

Hell, I think that was actually my biggest disappointment with the game. At least with the Arkham Knight you didn't necessarily know who he was so Tank fighting isn't too far fetched. For Deathstroke though? Baffling decision that just showed a real lack of effort or care, when other portions of the game seemed full of it.
>>
>>81539424
>One of the characters who can give Batman a honest challenge in CQC
He didn't give Batman an honest challenge in Origins, why would he in Knight?
>>
>>81539819
Bruce should have barely won against him in Origins, seeing as it was still his first year of being the Bat and maybe one of his first encounters with a bonafite super human. In Knight it would have evened out.
>>
>>81539405
I guess you have a closer tie to physics than I do, because that sounds like classic vidya fun to me.
>>
>>81539898
Yeah, literally the very first time Batman met Deathstroke in comics Deathstroke beat Batman's ass into the fucking ground.
People think Deathstroke is "relatively human", and he IS for DC where everyone with super-strength can lift multiple hundreds of tons (including the teenagers) without much effort.
He's basically around the Spider-Man range of strength and speed, capable of lifting several tons, only instead of just hitting people he has decades of combat experience and hand to hand training.

Deathstroke is almost universally LESS powerful whenever he's used these days compared to Bruce who always gains 300% more competency then in his own comic.
>>
>>81540593
I thought Slade was just a normal guy though?
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 658x1024
>>81540650
No, most certainly not.
>>
File: image.jpg (233 KB, 652x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233 KB, 652x1024
>>81540747
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 658x1024
>>81540768
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 658x1024
>>81540791
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 655x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 655x1024
>>81540807
Suffice to say, Deathstroke's physical advantages are great enough that a normal human being, even one as tough as Batman, cannot beat him by fighting on his own terms.

You HAVE to out-think him.
>>
File: EndGame1_Page5.jpg (775 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
EndGame1_Page5.jpg
775 KB, 1600x1600
>>81518565
>Bruce just saw the Joker as an annoyance and a distraction
Did we play the same games?
>>
>>81534236
Well Jason got one reference in Arkham City Challenge map for Robin.

>Wait...didn't I kill you already?
>>
>>81540873
The Joker WASN'T focus of his life.
However just like a retard with a loaded gun waving it around commands your attention due to what a danger he is, Batman DOES give him full attention due to the threat he represents.

The difference is that Joker need's Batman to give Joker's life any real definition, while Batman has a shitload of other villains and problems he deals with on a nightly basis that the Joker distracts him from just because he's dangerous.
The Joker needs Batman (who the fuck else is he going to fight, Superman?), but Batman doesn't need the Joker.

Arkham Knight's resolution of the Joker Disease thing felt like them saying "Fuck you WB, the Batman doesn't need to be DEFINED by the Joker's existence, and YOU don't need to shoe horn him in every single Batman media ever made."
>>
>>81540807
>>81540856
rekt

Someone post Deathstroke taking down the League, everyone loves that one
>>
>>81536528
Well Babs is a whore
>Lusts for Dickbutt
>rebounds for Jason
>ends up with Tim

All she needs is Steph and Damian and she's whored herself out to every Robin
>>
>>81541139
wait are you talking about the Arkhamverse or in the comics? because I thought she was older than Jason when he was Robin?
>>
>>81541084
No, that one is shit.
It's a fight that doesn't play up to Deathstroke's actual strengths.

Also, he looses that fight exactly one page later, so it doesn't count.
>>
>>81538729
Well I was trying to be nice but yes.
>>
>>81541060
That's not how I see it.

The result of AK is a game that feels more like it’s about Batman’s relationship with the Joker, despite casting Scarecrow as his main adversary.

Origins cast Batman and Joker as opposite magnetic poles, with Batman representing order and Joker representing chaos. And just like opposite magnetic poles, they’re inexorably drawn to each other. Without chaos, there’s no order to restore, and without order, there’s no chaos to create; Batman and the Joker need each other and feed off each other.

AK takes this a step too far and posits that the Joker is a part of Batman, representing the chaos within him. (Given how much destruction Batman wreaks in the Batmobile, maybe he actually likes causing chaos, but I hardly think that was intentional on the part of the developers.)

On some level, it makes sense that Bruce Wayne’s inner turmoil and emotional pain, usually channelled into restoring order, could be manipulated into causing chaos, and I think that’s what Knight was trying to say that Scarecrow did. Knight is tying this notion to the one that Batman and the Joker need each other, and seems to say that Batman simultaneously needs and can’t survive with Joker’s chaos.
>>
>>81541369
that reminds me could Deathstroke actually beat Shiva? I know shes a better fighter but with his enhanced abilities could he still beat her?
>>
>>81541317
Arkham audio tapes hints that there might have been a thing. New 52 Babs lusts for Jason who shoots her down with "I can't be with you. I'm not Dick." or something along those lines
>>
>>81541425
That's up to your interpretation I guess so I won't argue.
My closing argument is that Batman removes the Joker Disease not by curing it, not buy fighting it off in a long protracted battle, but by simply crushing it with his willpower and ignoring it entirely like an insignificant thing.

He takes the remnant of the Joker, drops him into a cell at the Arkham of his mind, and then walks away without even another word while the Joker begs him to come back because the Joker "needs him", and then Bruce is simply cured of the Joker Infection.
>>81541542
Yeah, if Batman could then so could he.
Shiva is insanely skilled, but Deathstroke is no slouch at all and has physical abilities that operate on a level that vastly exceed Shiva's no matter how much she worked at it.
Richard Dragon might be able to do it since his abilities are even more insane then Shiva's AND Bronze Tiger's literally combined, but since nobody knows who Richard Dragon is anymore weather that's true is irrelevant.
>>
>>81541623
>New 52 Babs lusts for Jason who shoots her down with "I can't be with you. I'm not Dick." or something along those lines
I must have missed that.

I know its dumb but for some reason I always thought Cass and Jason would make an interesting couple. and I've been told how and why that is dumb and wouldn't work.
>>
>>81523409
That's Hush, at least play the game before you end up looking like a casual
>>
i think i wanna fuck that scarecrow
>>
>>81529017
It's not like AA and AC were any better. AC actively pissed me off in how it misused Hugo Strange, Two-Face, and Ra's.
>>
>>81541924
I'd rather see Jason and Rose Wilson but to each their own.

Babs and Jason was only in Batman:Eternal and it was pretty one sided by Babs.
>>
File: John_Noble_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg (636 KB, 1920x2474) Image search: [Google]
John_Noble_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg
636 KB, 1920x2474
>>81535669
John Noble was a really great choice for his voice, so much different from previous Scarecrows.
>>
>>81542704
actually I could get behind Jason and Rose. my reasoning behind Jason and Cass is that she could keep him in line. I also think their rough upbringing gives them some middle ground. plus Jasons whole "magic assassin training" thing could arguably put him on her level. unless they've retconed that from RHatO.
>>
>>81542856
It could be interest
>>
>>81542685
Ra's is by FAR the better "end boss" villain then the goddam Joker is in the Batman mythos.
>>
>>81542856
>unless they've retconed that from RHatO.
Not retconned, but nobody will ever remember it for fairly obvious reasons.
>>
File: freddy shades.gif (721 KB, 245x165) Image search: [Google]
freddy shades.gif
721 KB, 245x165
>>81535669

God, I fucking love the syringe claws. Ever since AA it was the best damn design choice they ever made.

I'm so glad they took inspo from the OTHER fear-powered guy who messes with your head.
>>
>>81536383

I know that Arkham City had Big Head Mode, at least. Did Origins and Knight have that, too? Or did they scrap it?
>>
>>81543097
Big Head mode is in AK
>>
>>81542964
Does anyone even remember the shit that happens in RHatO
>>
>>81518197
I liked Origins, too. The gameplay and story I expected from a major Arkham game was there and I liked being able to explore Gotham without the ridiculous "let's make half the city an unsupervised jail" plop.
>>
Overall I like it.

Pros
>Excellent characterization of Batman, Oracle and Alfred.
>The combat, stealth, and what detective moments there are are very true to what we see in comics
>The Joker, aside from his overuse, is fantastic.
>Actually using characters like Zsasz and Aaron Cash
>For what little Robin and Nightwing there is, they are presented very well except for Tim not being Tim.
>Mister Freeze was the best he's been since Heart of Ice.

Cons
>Too much fucking Joker.
>Harley
>Fuckhueg Bane
>Riddler just being Jigsaw but not as good
>Even in Knight they never quite nailed the proper fluidity of the combat, with enemies still sliding across the floor to land hits or Special Takedowns not working properly.
>LOLJASONGUYS
>Practically no Dick
>No expanded Batfamily beyond characters who have already been in a movie/show

I'm sure I could keep thinking em up but those are the big ones.
>>
File: BabsxJason.jpg (172 KB, 1351x551) Image search: [Google]
BabsxJason.jpg
172 KB, 1351x551
>>81541317
>>
>>81545273
>>Fuckhueg Bane
This. I fucking loved Bane's design in Arkham Origins before he the proto-Titan or whatever the fuck he used. He wasn't too huge and the mask was decent
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436520376545.jpg
251 KB, 1920x1080
>>81532665
>I think we can all agree that Blackgate gets all the flack it deserves though.

Yeah, that game was fucking awful. It felt like I was playing one of those old 16-bit platformer games instead of a real Arkham game. There were several times where I got stuck/lost and didn't know how to advance or the controls were being too wonky for certain boss fights or other action sequences.
>>
>>81546028
Same here, also Bane was supposed to be Batman's intellectual equal and all they really did with him was have him be big. Hell he even starts the series locked up in that doctors rape dungeon like her fucking gimp
>>
>>81546300
Exactly. AO did Bane the best. He found out who Bruce was and fucked up the Batcave and Alfred. That's the Bane I wanted for AK.
>>
File: shock gloves.jpg (472 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
shock gloves.jpg
472 KB, 1920x1200
Has Batman ever been a more capable fighter than he was in these games
Usually in the comics its small groups that he fights on his terms, but by the end of this setting he can take on a room of 20 guys with rifles, shock sticks, shields and roided-up armoured heavyweights straight on without being touched

Also Origins' batsuit remains my all-time favourite, love the padded body-armour look and the mighty boots and gauntlets
>>
File: ProfessorHugoStrange[2].png (419 KB, 828x716) Image search: [Google]
ProfessorHugoStrange[2].png
419 KB, 828x716
And imitation-Saruman will forever remain Hugo Strange's iconic voice for me
>>
>>81546721
>Did you ever stop to consider all of this is your fault?
That line still gives me chills.
>>
I literally JUST closed AK after finishing it.

They told me it would be shit but god fucking damn it I'm buying it. It was fucking incredible.

The games are the shit OP.Best adaptation of a comic book ever and one of the best videogame sagas of all time
>>
I know they said they are done with Batman but god fucking damnit I need a Batman Inc game now after Knight where I can play with several members of the family. The little taste I got in the team-up sections left me so fucking erect I can't believe I'll never get the full experience
>>
>>81547228
Never take /co/ or 4chan's word for anything.
Always try something yourself and make up your own mind, you don't need the opinions of anonymous internet posters to know what you enjoy.
>>
>>81547228
It wasn't bad, just disappointing. Arkham Knight being Jason was predictable and too much batmobile.

Other than that it was pretty solid.
>>
>>81547292
One of the reasons I was led to believe the game was shit was too much batmobile and Jason's reveal too obvious.

The batmobile part isn't entirely true. I went into the game expecting to have to use it all the fucking time but I was actually really free to not use it and glide instead most of the time except in the specific sidemissions requiring it. Even the riddler challenges had some sort of puzzling required and weren't just NFSU2 races as I was led to believe.

I think the Jason reveal would've been MUCH better if they just let it play like in UTRH where Batman realizes who he is at the begining. The game made it pretty obvious who he was since the first 2 lines he says are something like "you haven't changed old man" and for the first 3 hours he makes it damn obvious he is Jason. The only reason his reveal came up a little sour for me was that it was made too far into the game making batman seem retarded when it was so fucking obvious. You could argue that
-It was made for people who just play the games and don't know who he is
-It would realistically be the last person Batman would think
But it's still lazy. If the fight where Batman makes him snap out of his rage would've happened earlier and we had more encounters with conflicted Jason, the reveal and he helping Batman at the end would have been much more credible and satisfying

That being said I'm a jasonfag so maybe I'm a little biased
>>
>>81547360
Jasonfag too but the way they advertised it as compeletely new, it was just disappointing to see it was Jason the entire time. I enjoyed the flashback of Joker's torture of him.

I hated using the Batmobile. Fighting the drones were fun at first but then I found it tedious and I hated doing the Riddler race tracks but that's just me.
>>
>>81547423
Yeah that was fucked too but I can see how Rocksteady new that every single person who knew about jason would instantly figure it out if they didn't say that. Maybe they were trying to avoid spoilers for clueless people or trying to retain the hook on readers but that was fucked.
>>
>>81547460
I'll give Rocksteady that the Arkham Knight audiologs were fantastic. It just shows how badly Joker's fucked with head and he cares for the Batfamily but it's just Bruce he wants to murder the fuck out of.
>>
File: Poor Little White Girl.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Poor Little White Girl.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1080
Why were all the Knight costumes shit when all the City costumes were fucking great?
>>
>>81518197
>Origins is WAY better than people give it better for
No.
>>
>>81542155
Hush us supposed to look identical to Bruce, nigga.
>>
>>81547423
The Joker hallucinations were EXPERTLY done in this game I thought. Aside from being the only real humor in the game ("I didn't even KNOW Barbra was Batgirl! I just got lucky! No seriously, I was aiming for her head!"), when you started seriously tripping fucking balls out of nowhere it ALWAYS caught me completely off-guard.

The drop-into the clock tower which let you see Babra being crippled, the Jason Todd's death hallucination (it was just creepy as fuck when you walked out of the cell you were locked into and then saw it only to discover you hadn't walked into it yet), the entire thing with the sudden crash into Batman killing Joker in a hallucination, ALL of his psychotic episodes are really well done and arguably some of the highlights of the Arkham games in general.
>>
>>81518197
>Origins is WAY better than people give it better for
I have all of the games, I have played all of them.
No. Origins is fucking garbage.
>>
>>81547647
meh. if the Beyond suit isn't a walking silhouette it just looks like bad cosplay. It shouldn't have any muscle lines.
>>
>>81547842
Plus the Joker hallucinations are perhaps the ONLY times in any of the games where you see Batman genuinely unnerved by what is going on, perhaps because they hit him right in his psychological vulnerabilities even more then the Fear Toxins do.

>Robin: "Batman? You okay?"
>Batman: "I'm fine Jaso...Timm."
>Robin: "...huh. You haven't done that in awhile."
>>
>>81547876
Not that anon, but I'd rather play Origins than Knight.

Origins was a 7, Knight is a 5 at best.
>>
>>81547894
I think you're retarded.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.