[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
non Americans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: DuWoxUb.jpg (48 KB, 552x649) Image search: [Google]
DuWoxUb.jpg
48 KB, 552x649
How do you, non american guys, feel about your country being represented in /co/ related media.

Being a mexican (who actually lives in M├йxico) I've classified them in 2:
1) The edgy ones that show M├йxico like a shit hole ( Early South Park, Drawn Together, Lil' Bush even had a song called "shit hole place") and

2) The cringey educative ones where they try to make martyrs out of inmigrants, while still repeating over and over that M├йxico is full of tradition and family values. Pic related. Another example of that would be the Cleveland Show episode about M├йxico, but I guess you guys didn't watch it.
>>
>>76411229
Australian here. We're generally either ignored in most fictional media or used for comic relief, which is fine by me.
>>
>>76411229
How do you feel about Speedy Gonzales?

As an Australian I'm pretty happy with how Australia gets characterized.
Of course Australians fucking love it when they get any sort of attention at all from someone besides Kiwi.
>>
>everything is russia
pls die
>>
Is Mexico NOT a shithole?

I'm genuinely curious here.

I mean, I assume it's no paradise if people are leaving it by the millions.
>>
Mexican here. Everything you guys assume about mexico is fucking spot on.
>>
>>76411229

Mexican living in the US here. Both aspects you mention are true, but in different spots and varying degrees. Many parts of Mexico are terrible, but many others are beautiful and sophisticated. These last tend to be virtual enclaves of the wealthy and those who serve them, or towns and cities in which criminals and government are in peaceful truce.

Not that any American who has visited Mexico would notice. Almost everyone I meet in the US who has visit Mexico tells me "is not like in the TV at all, is beautiful!" South Park and stuff like that are, as any cartoon would be, exaggerations of a small true.

Is Mexico safe, clean, beautiful? Of course it is! If you have money
>>
>>76411229
Italian here
I'm happy when my fellow countrymen are potrayed in cartoons...shame that are almost always are used the same stereotypes of the Italians as a bunch of mustached and hairy guys obsessed with wine who use a lot of gestures.
I'm not offended by it,but I think that those stereotypes are 50 years old and there are other things that could be used for making fun of us..for example our corruption,racism and the self hate for our country
>>
>>76411264
When I was a lil kid, I found about Speedy by his solo cartoons and used to believe it was a mexican made cartoon.
I liked him and never felt ofended by him or the fact that all of his cartoons seem to take place in the Tijuana desert.

I'll always wonder why they didn't give him a taco or tamale restaurant in the last reboot. I mean pizza's got nothing to do with Mr. Gonzales.
>>
>>76411395
>our corruption,racism and the self hate for our country

I think that's just the universal human condition
>>
>>76411404
Because a Mexican running a taco shop would be racist
>>
>>76411292
It depends on where you go. There are some "A class" places on the main cities, but if you leave the "tourist friendly areas" you dead man.
>>
>>76411473
Sounds like most American cities.
>>
At least your country actually gets represented. Try living in an obscure shitty country like Belgium.
>>
>>76411488
Not really
>>
>>76411505
I'm sorry you are a pastry joke that gets confused with Germany.

At least you are west European, I don't think most Americans know what a Belarus or Turkmenistan is
>>
>>76411439
But cartoons do it all the time with Italians and Chinese people.
>>
>>76411395
>our corruption,racism and the self hate for our country
Welp. You just described my country. And i'm not even european.
>>
Brazilian here.

Fuck Rio de Janeiro.
>>
>>76411292
I was in TJ September. Some places look like LA, especially commerical areas, plastic surgery areas etc. While in that same city you can see some seedy areas that look like Afghanistan. I also went to Rosarito, kinda a nice upper middle class beach city about 30 mins from TJ, it was very nice and "beachy" nice restaurants, overall touristy, surfer beach vibe. nothing really dirty or seedy. Mexico is nice so long as you stick to touristy shit or commerical areas.
>>
Most of the time it never bothers me it's always funny to see how we are viewed elsewhere, though UK тЙа London. Very much a tourist's expectations of London is always portrayed.

Also some stereotypes like the bad teeth and wearing a bowler hat are very outdated.

Yanks doing their take on the english accent can be cringey sometimes too
>>
>>76411533
Everything east of germany is Russia, anon
>>
>>76411533
Yeah we do, "shit Europe" is everywhere east of Germany and South of Poland on the map.

Kidding! I love White Russia!
>>
>>76411555
Italians are white, can't be racist against whitey.

And a non Chinese person running a Chinese shop would be cultural appropriation, so it wouldn't happen unless the owner is supposed to be a 'bad guy'.

Don't ask me why the double standards exist, that's just how it is.
>>
Mexican (living in M├йxico) here:

I'm going as Donald Trump for halloween. Also, the most racist board isn't /pol/. It's actually /sp/ during the world cup. That's all.
>>
>>76411583
British people having bad teeth is a stereotype that will last for all eternity.
>>
>>76411439
Who else would run a taco shop, the Polish?
>>
>>76411614
White in the same way Spaniards, Greeks and Turks are white.
>>
>>76411229
>Brazil
>it's always Rio de Janeiro, samba, carnaval, favelas and football
>maybe the amazonian forest is shown

I don't mind it, it's what our country likes to show to the rest of the world anyway.
>>
>>76411643
The only politically acceptable taco shops are ones run by mega corporations and meant to parody Taco Bell.
>>
>>76411643

The funny thing is that, in the US, food services (ethnic or otherwise) is a business segment with a disproportionate high rate of latino workers (Mexican and others.) And I don't mean just dishwashers: that Italian restaurant you love to go? There is a 1 out 3 chance that the chef and/or owner are Mexican.
>>
>>76411264
Most Mexicans actually like him. He was the anti-stereotype to the lazy Mexicans, like the other mice, was clever and fast, and outwitted the gringo Sylvester.

Only sensitive white people are butthurt about Speedy.
>>
>>76411662
Brazil should show more orphans gettings shot by the police.
>>
>>76411583
>Yanks doing their take on the english accent can be cringey sometimes too

You keep your actors from fucking up our accents, we'll stop ours from fucking up yours.
>>
Canada. South Park is the only one that made me laugh and did it well. Other shows just do maple syrup and RCMP jokes.
>>
>>76411395
>a bunch of mustached and hairy guys obsessed with wine who use a lot of gestures.
Yeah, not all Italians are actually that hairy. And you forgot the mafia.
>>
>>76411624
Alot of /sp/ goes on /pol/ anyways
>>
>>76411732

Canada is like the best place in the world, and Im not even Canadian. Can I go live there please? I promise to behave and learn to be kind like you all canuks
>>
>>76411752
You only think it's the best because you're not Canadian.

Like a kid who thinks living in Disneyland would be great.
>>
>>76411229
That episode was censored in latin-america due mexicans being butthurt.
In Archer the Mexican translation of the word Beaner is Sudaca and when Archer says "Beaners are mexicans" they translated it as south americans.
As a Spaniard i find your people pathetic. You literally erase jokes that can offend you.
>>
>>76411752
Sure, head on up to Canada, just make sure you purge your devices before you reach the border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltdgSEPPCZs
>>
>>76411394
>Is Nigeria/Irak/Haiti safe, clean, beautiful? Of course it is! If you have money
>>
French here.
It's funny how US cartoons or comics don't know jack shit about our country. For us, Paris is a clean place full of mime's clothes wearing people. Paris is ugly and dirty as sin, and full of dirty brown people. Tghey are a step above to poo in designated shitting streets.

I live on the countryside, in the french rivera, at one step of Italy but the only thing people know about it is Monte Carlo.
Objectively one of the most beautiful places of the world, even if the recent floods had people killed.
>>
>>76411577
Is your country really full of sexy trannies?
>>
>Spain
I remember one episode of Ace Ventura where Spain was some kind of stereotypical Mexico and that's it.
>>
Jamaican here
All they show is the beaches, resorts and the accents

Funnily I think the only /co/-related thing that accurately portrayed it was Least I Could Do
>>
>>76411229
Argentina here. I normally laugh. It's a known fact that one of the The Simpsons' writer was married to an Argentinean so we get plenty of mentions there.

Although people don't usually use this country as plot or something important. Always a a temporal setting.

>>76411292
You have the maximum poor peeps living close to the border and then you have the city/wealthy peeps that live ok.

Most of south america has the "beautiful" contrast where you have first world and if you move 100 km in any direction you end up in africa.
>>
>>76411784
It's not like that doesn't apply to first world countries too.
>>
>>76411229
Mexican here. Not sure about the younger crowds, since I'm 30, but I grew up with stereotypes simply because Mexicans loved stereotyping themselves. Any soap opera or comedy show I watched as a kid always had a mexican who fit under a stereotype or the other. The Conzuela mom who was poor, but hard working and helpful, the drunk lazy mexican who was dirty, the evil Ranchero who was always greedy and or rapey.

By the time I came over to the US, seeing any stereotype tossed at my people was simply funny. Even as I grew up, I figured there's not point in getting upset at someone I'll never meet.
>>
>>76411804
But is it true that the French consume nothing but bread, cheese, snails and wine?
>>
>>76411229
Sometimes the name of my country gets mentioned or at least our capital. That's about it, nobody gives enough shit but it always elicits a 'huh' chuckle.
>>
>>76411905
Yeah, but you forgot Frogs. Lots and lots of frogs.
>>
>>76411505
B-But waffles
>>
>>76411830
There are lots of them.
There are even more disgusting trannies
>>
File: batchcanadasm.png (551 KB, 700x1979) Image search: [Google]
batchcanadasm.png
551 KB, 700x1979
>>76411732

Canada here too. I'm sort of mixed on media portraying us as extremely polite. I mean, it's kind of true (If you accidentally bump into someone, you'll both say "soh-ry")*, but we can be huge assholes as well. It's just that we're really passive agressive about it.

*Is it true that in other places, people get mad and shout "Watch where you're going?" and if you get mad back at them, they'd be willing to start a fight because they're that upset about you bumping into them?
>>
>>76411913
Netherlands?
>>
File: chile loves you.png (237 KB, 903x774) Image search: [Google]
chile loves you.png
237 KB, 903x774
>>76411943
No, Chile.
Netherlands is where Amsterdam is, right?
>>
>>76411919
Is it also true that some of the French will refuse to talk to American tourists even if they themselves speak English?
>>
>>76411905
Snails are the blandest food ever. They taste like nothing you need to add tons of herbs/spice/garlic to make them tasty
>>
>>76411988
Most French people will actually speak English to tourists but Parisians on the other hand...
>>
>>76411924
What would a week long tranny fuck tour run a man?
>>
>>76411292
Live in Mexico. Can confirm its a shithole.
>>
File: Scotsman_1.png (294 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Scotsman_1.png
294 KB, 720x540
Can't complain
>>
>>76412013
Why are Parisians so impolite?
>>
>>76411229
I'm Peruvian. The last time I saw a mention to it made was in that Disney cartoon Brandy & Mr. Whiskers once as a throwaway gag.

Like I care. I hate this damned place.
>>
Venezuelan here. We dont get too many mentions, the most prolific definetly being UP.
>>
>>76411988
I live in the Riviera, mate. We are the one who speak english currently in France, cause we are surrounded by rosbifs here. But no offense taken, they pay a lot for it. English people are disgusting imo, but the girls are easy to fuck.
Americans are bros, most of the time. Was invited once by one in Jew York, enjoyed it a lot. Uneducated, but most of them are cool. They are not alone : a lot of my friends are arabs, germans, slovaks, italians...

Ononly people is the lowest of tiers: israeli people, and before all of you ask me to go back to /pol/, no, I don't speak about Jews.
>>
>>76412042
Mixture of being French and living in the Capitol full of annoying Tourists and Immigrants.

Happens to most who live in a capital city , it's just Paris is so romanticized that people don't realize what it's actually like to live there and deal with reality and shit
>>
>>76411867
My usual reaction to Argentina appearing in any form of international media is to scream "ARGENTINA" and start howling.
>>
>>76411988
In my experience a great deal of the French are legit frightened of speaking English because they fear they'll look dumb with their accent and not knowing all the words and whatnot next to the native speaker, so they prefer to avoid the embarrassing situation by avoiding the conversation entirely.

Whereas if you open with some pathetically bad French first and beg them to speak english with your horrid mongrel French, their face is saved and they'll proceed to converse in English after going "I'm sorry for my English" (it's actually not bad)
>>
>>76411229
>The edgy ones that show M├йxico like a shit hole
I fail to see how that's edgy.
>>
>>76411929
I think Canadians just don't realize how mean the rest of the world is. Because your 'reluctant passive aggressive' help is still better than What you get most other places. Like the Canadian equivalent of attitude is absolutely nothing.

The worst thing about Canadians is that they base half their identity around being 'not american'
>>
>>76412042
They are the most popular tourist destination in the world and are absolutely fed up with tourists and their bullshit such as blocking sidewalks and ruining historical Unesco heritage sites with their "romantic" love lock metallic waste crap etc
>>
File: tumblr_m3ezw20ubg1r440eto1_500.jpg (30 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3ezw20ubg1r440eto1_500.jpg
30 KB, 500x566
>Northern Ireland

I think there was like one episode of Captain planet which basically showed a wartorn shithole. It's a shithole, but it wasn't so bad that all the buildings were rubble.

That said, I can alternate between Irish and British identity when it suits me.
>>
>>76411897
I get the feeling Mexicans got caught up in our white guilt over how we portray black people and the axis in some of those old cartoons.
>>
>>76412082
What's wrong with the Israeli? This isn't the first time I hear that claim, so I'm curious
>>
>>76412141
Ameraburger here who lived up there for a year.

Norn is beautiful and wonderful. The people are just fucking awful. Mainly the Unionists, imho, but that's just based on meeting people on the street, at festivals, in pubs, etc.
>>
>>76412153
>What's wrong with the Israeli? This isn't the first time I hear that claim, so I'm curious

No experience with it first hand, but I imagine they're like reverse /pol/, except they can get away with acting like that an oppressed minority because "muh 6 bubillion".
>>
>>76412115
Seems like a lot of foreign tourists I've met have the same fear of butchering their English. In my experience, most of the time they'll preface their sentence with an apology for their bad English, then proceed to speak near perfect English.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 580x282
>live in Bermuda
>everyone thinks I live in magic haunted space ocean because ???????
>every /co/ related media encourages this myth
>>
>>76412139
>>76412093

Well in this case, I understand completely.
>>
>>76412153
On the Cote D'azur, they are acting the same way than they act in Gaza, less the missiles.
>>
>>76411292
It is a shithole compared to the USA, although it is among the Top 80 best countries in the world. Also, it is not like the guys who migrate to the USA would starve if they stuck in Mexico, but they would need to become doctors or engineers if they wanted to make as much as a janitor in the USA.
>>
>>76412115
>they'll proceed to converse in English after going "I'm sorry for my English" (it's actually not bad)
this has been exactly my experience when travelling in europe (especially france). I'll know barely enough of thier language to say I cant speak it, while they appologize and then speak english nearly perfectly
>>
>>76412195
I don't know, from what I've heard this is more of an American Jew thing.
>>
File: En_plass_i_Noreg.jpg (279 KB, 1068x981) Image search: [Google]
En_plass_i_Noreg.jpg
279 KB, 1068x981
Norway:
-Outside of Marvel deciding to go for Norway instead of its 2 neighbors and the remaining Runsepaking country, its not really represented

-DC? It sorta exists. They mostly seem to either go to some sky resort in Jotunheimen or Troms. Also large tourist lumber cabins.

-Immigration legacy? Its just there, as its suppose to be. You do spot the occasional Norse legacy name, like Harrald, Godvinson, but its just that

-And then there is Donald. Donald is very weird about Nationalities, where most of the point is that you are not suppose to be able to tell
>>
>>76412067
>Disliking Peru

u wot. You are the fastest growing economy in SA

>>76412098
kek

>>76412082
>Americans are bros, most of the time. Was invited once by one in Jew York, enjoyed it a lot. Uneducated, but most of them are cool

I vacationed in Cali and got the exact same feeling. Americans are extremely nice but they are also ignorant as hell. Your average redneck speak pretty much in monosyllables.

That said they are fun people to hang out with as long as you don't trigger them.

>>76412198
>Bermuda
What happens there
>>
>>76412220
>although it is among the Top 80 best countries in the world

It's all of EUROPE, a third of LatinAmerica, North America, Australia, NZ, a third of Asia and like 4 african countries, being in the top 80 means nothing when you are also in the top 25 of murders.
>>
>>76412237
>DC? It sorta exists. They mostly seem to either go to some sky resort in Jotunheimen or Troms. Also large tourist lumber cabins.

You had a superhero in the JLI m8.
>>
>What happens there
In media? Body-swapping and time travel. Irl? Humidity and alcoholism.
>>
>>76412347
Yeah, but she was sorta just existing.

I am still more amused over Constantine visiting Norway.
Literally driving in a yellow taxi across some god forsaken nowhere place in Troms, while eating Lutefisk from a chinese takeout box
I was laughing at is
>>
>>76411264
Coool i like it
>>76411292
Some parts are like europe and some part are like africa.
>>
>>76412395
Yeah, but, heh, in France we have Batroc. I always had mixed feels with Batroc. A walking stereotype, but an awesome one.
>>
>>76412353
So are all 3 islands beach tourist resorts, or just 1 of them? Curiosity.
>>
File: 1441395845831.jpg (173 KB, 792x651) Image search: [Google]
1441395845831.jpg
173 KB, 792x651
>Ireland

There's a persistent myth about Leprechauns, but this is nonsense. The IRA hunted them to extinction in the 1950s.
>>
>Jamaica
We only get two depictions - happy-go-lucky island folk, or something contemporary. In the '70s-'90s, it was "hotbed of drug-fueled violence". From then until now, it's been "hotbed of fundie-and-homophobia-fueled violence", even though most of the country's agonstic until they're threatened. And it can't ever be drugs AND homophobia, only one at a time. Lotta rules for that particular stereotype.

Meanwhile, my dad's birthplace, Antigua, flies completely under the radar, even though it's 90% the same.
>>
File: 1434751707283.jpg (682 KB, 969x1416) Image search: [Google]
1434751707283.jpg
682 KB, 969x1416
>Finland
Last time I saw us shown in anything was Gundam Build Fighters but that's /a/.
...shit I can't think of any /co/ related finland depiction outside Don Rosa comics and one South Park joke.
>>
File: tonnin ilme.jpg (442 KB, 578x405) Image search: [Google]
tonnin ilme.jpg
442 KB, 578x405
>>76411229
>Finland
>tfw no representation anywhere ever
>>
As somebody who is Russian, I always use the mass-media's depiction of Russia as a counterpoint to people whining about negative portrayal of <insert race/ethnicity/nationality> in the media.

Russians are portrayed in two ways. Either they're a violent villain, or they're a violent and dumb soldier.

The number of positive examples can literally be counted on one hand.
>>
File: spurdomerde27902004630.png (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
spurdomerde27902004630.png
48 KB, 500x500
>>76412685
loistava ajoitus :DD
>>
>>76412435
>>76412435
For starters it's just one 'mainland' island. The 'triangle' refers to an imaginary space between here, the States and Puerto Rico. And we're more tax haven than your typical tourist trap, but it all looks beachy with palm trees and blue skies and all that.
>>
>>76412027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lYXaVkA0U
accurate if i say so myself
i remember they had a vote open only to scotland to become their own country or something and they were like fuck no, the three scottish exchange students were bitching about it the rest of the year
>>
>>76412686
You have animus though.
>>
>>76412741
Wouldn't it be more like "fuck nae"?

I still think independence could have passed if the people who were for it had a real plan, instead of just raw hype.
>>
>>76412703
Totisesti, spurdo on internetajan nokia.
>>
>>76412741
>fuck no
well, 45% voted yes and 55% no in the independence referendum so it wasn't quite like "fuck no", rather like "ach, dunno, guess not "
>>
>>76411643
Don't worry man, I got the reference.
>>
>>76411583
>Friend went to Japan recently
>Kept getting asked if he was British because he had bad teeth
It looks like it's a worldwide thing, anon.
>>
>>76412810
>>76412845
yeah but they were pretty much willie
made racist jokes all the time, hated everyone that wasn't scotish or liked their taints, and they hated other scots.
I almost think they didnt hate anyone but their default reaction to anything was to say the most hurtful thing they can think of just to gauge reactions
>>
>>76412888
he should have rolled with it. apparently japanese women think all people from the UK are rich mansion owners.
>>
>>76412690

>>76412690
dude please

a news station weather lady in Russia said the skys were clear and perfect for airstrikes in Syria
>>
>>76411258
Tank Girl?
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16 KB, 320x371
>>76411718
>British guy trying to do an american accent
HOOOOOWDY COOWBOOOOI

>American tries to do a British Accent
TOP O THE MORNIN CHAPS
>>
>swiss

>mountainjews
>>
>>76412137
Well it's certainly helps with attitudes towards them in Europe
>Go to Europe
>Tell people I'm American
>They immediately want to debate me on my country's awfulness, both past and present
>Lie and tell people I'm Canadian
>No debates, everyone is nice
>>
File: x_.jpg (36 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
x_.jpg
36 KB, 512x384
>>76411229
If it's not a shithole, then why do you move to america?

my place is no better but i rather be anywhere else BUT america, the laws are too strict.
>>
>>76412888
Japanese generally have homely teeth. I think they should be the new teeth stereotype.
>>
>>76412947
thats actually hilarious, i almost hope that was a sarcastic quip from a news anchor but they were probably told to say that.
most depictions of russians in american media have been somewhat positive compared to our more hurtful slanders.
you are shown as being strong and can lift trees with one hand, tenacious when it comes to fighting, and drunks.

speaking of russia... hows that ww3 plan putin is working on going. your governments pretty pissed at the united states for how we handled the middle east, heard talk of russia and china making a strong alliance and plan to demand every penny of debt the U.S. has be paid instantly or they are going to leave the U.N. and make their own big bad government collective with black jack and hookers
>>
>>76411422
You need to see the level of sophistication and history that corruption takes in Italy, South American countries, Central and Eastern Europe and... the rest of the world as you've said. But Italy and Sicily have a lot going on with the mafia and that huge coverage that occurred when a lot of them got rounded up for those trials to be taken place. It's well worth looking into. Italian stereotypes in media are laughably outdated.
>>
>>76413054
Can't tell you how many times I seen some fine ass Japanese porn star but she got nasty ass snuggle teeth
>>
>tfw American born Puerto Rican

Are there even Puerto Rican characters at all let alone the Island being represented?

What is there besides beaches, a fort, and San Juan anyway?
>>
>>76413108
Drugs? Gangs?
>>
>>76413107
Even the J-pop stars look cute as fuck until they open their mouth.
>>
>>76411258
OI. PRIME MINISTA

ANDY
>>
>>76413019
to escape their drug lords
>>
>>76411649
Most people these days would consider all of those white.
>>
File: Fieshtaman.jpg (15 KB, 480x359) Image search: [Google]
Fieshtaman.jpg
15 KB, 480x359
>>76411292
oh it a shithole alright... but not like we live in houses made of hardened mud and all we do is cockfights and drugs while yelling ┬бviva!.

>>76411768
>As a Spaniard i find your people pathetic
>mfw
>>
File: 1440991432366.jpg (123 KB, 1500x997) Image search: [Google]
1440991432366.jpg
123 KB, 1500x997
>>76411768
>spaniards
>finding anybody pathetic
Holy fuck the irony
>>
>>76413127
a better question about Japanese. why are the womens bushes never trimmed, i can understand an aversion to clean shaven but damn it looks like a pair of fur panties.
french women get that stereotype all the time but the Japanese have perfected it.
>>
File: 9879845613.jpg (32 KB, 293x432) Image search: [Google]
9879845613.jpg
32 KB, 293x432
Germany.

The only thing I don't understand is why in American portrayal we can't or don't talk about Hitler and Nazis. Every moment of the day, every day, all year long you can find a channel that broadcasts a documentary about Hitler/Nazi-Germany. Not to mention the badly made tv shows. Every student learns about fascism in at least three subjects at school. We visited the Dachau concentration camp in ninth grade.
>>
>>76413084
Im a Mexican in the US. I really don't care for politics.

>>76411768
>Spaniard
>talking shit about Latin American

Call me when your people get rid of the retarded sounding lisp faggot
>>
>>76411395
if it helps the first thing I thought of when you said "Italian" was "corrupt racists", so the message is getting out there
>>
>>76413201
iirc women who shave are those who plan to show it off to men, which makes them sluts
>>
File: GB_Fraud_2013_resized.png (79 KB, 412x600) Image search: [Google]
GB_Fraud_2013_resized.png
79 KB, 412x600
The UK according to foreign media, I think you can count the number of non-LONDON characters on one hand.

And usually we're depicted as either villains or posh, but usually both. And anyone who's not posh is apparently a chav thug.
>>
>>76411610
>Yeah we do, "shit Europe" is everywhere east of Germany and South of Poland on the map.

Don't lie Anon. It's everything past Germany and Austria that's a strange and foreign place with ongoing power struggles after the fall of the USSR. Poland is the Mexico of Europe. They go off to the UK and France as nannies, nurses, plumbers, etc.

All the Poles (and Russians) I know have an incredible work ethic. The Eastern ones are most likely to be Slavs while the western ones are the most likely to be ethnically Austrian, Prussian or Bavarian, so you never know what to expect. So it's hard to tell if you're looking at an oddly dressed Swede or even a Canadian. Never trust a Pole or a Russian.
>>
>>76413201
i think its a censorship thing, porn actresses grow out their bush to the point you can't make out the vagina and then they dont need to be mosaic'd
>>
>>76411439
Mexican here, not really
>>
>>76413201
Two main reasons
1) It's their culture, I dont know why anyone would like it but I'm not a jap. Also some consider it dishonorabru, yeah they're weird
2) Porn is censored so in some cases a bush serves as kind of a loophole where pussy aint visible so no shitty mosaic
>>
>Portugal
>Getting mentioned ever

The best we get is having our dity huehue son mentioned.
>>
>>76411439
Yeah because italians making pizza is unforgivable
>>
>>76413241
And then there's the posh chav thugs.
>>
File: tumblr_ljpqhkJugP1qzb952o1_500.jpg (37 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljpqhkJugP1qzb952o1_500.jpg
37 KB, 500x281
If everybody stopped paying attention to Australia it would cease to exist.
>>
>>76411705
pretty much
>>
>>76413207
care to rephrase that, i'm having a hard time understanding that.
we have an over abundent amount of nazi and hitler documentaries and we put it in so may of out sci fi and fantasy stories its redundant.
>>
>>76413241
How do you feel about the sheltered classy blonde lady stereotype in anime?
I always found it retarded and I'm not even english
>>
>>76411229
I'm pretty sure South Park is the only American cartoon where Canada exists.
>>
File: 589526265.png (11 KB, 867x1514) Image search: [Google]
589526265.png
11 KB, 867x1514
>>76413303
I've seen variations of this in many American shows/films:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBdFm3nT93Y

While in truth we in Germany talk about Hitler all the time.
>>
>Colombia

It's either coffee (I giggled like a retard when a Juan Valdez parody showed up on Dexter's Lab) or cocaine/drug lords.

Eh, could be worse, at least we aren't forgotten like Venezuela, Paraguay, Ecuador or the many countries in central America.
>>
>>76413306
It's pretty bullshit from my experience, but then I'm a northerner so I'm too busy pushing my bicycle uphill past closed down mills in a flat cap with my whippet. I wouldn't know anything about those southern pansies.
>>
>>76413220
The fact that you live outside your country shows how terrible your country is.
Brown midgets will always be insecure
>>
>>76413341
oh was he talking about how we think they dont talk about hitler or ww2 because they have laws where they can't compare politicians or laws to the nazi regime. it doesnt really get mentioned a lot in our media really
>>
>>76413167
Esh una fieshta anon, don't be angry
>>
>>76411229
>tfw you're from Liechtenstein
Nobody even knows we exist.

Closest thing to Liechtenstein would be Switzerland. But it never gets represented in cartoons either.

Characters that are written as german people often get switched to being swiss in the german dub. Uter is one of those... But that does not really count.
>>
>>76413384
Im actually half Mexican half Guatemalan and I'm 6'1" shits weird I feel like a homunculus.

The only reason I'm in the US is because my dad excelled at breaking into other countries.
>>
>>76413416
>>tfw you're from Liechtenstein
>Nobody even knows we exist.

Archer had an episode there. Or Luxemburg, IDK
>>
>Korean
We make all of these fucking cartoons, and we don't appear in any. Maybe thats for the better.
>>
>>76411229
As a Chilean, I'm already used to no one remembering my country exists, or at most making a passing mention that, if it includes any kind of detail that isn't Pinochet, it'll probably be wrong.
>>
>>76413427
Fucking why do we always get confused with Luxenfuck.
Also point me to the episode pls
>>
>>76411784
I know a guy who's Indian but grew up wealthy in Kenya.
He said he couldn't drive with the windows down because wherever they went they'd have poorer Africans pressed against the car begging for money.
>>
>>76413436
You mean that Korea is different IRL than in Aachi and Sipak?
>>
>>76413456
Chile is oneof the 2 not shitholes latino countries, is better to be irrelevant than terrible.
>>
>>76413436
you do actually... but you typically get shown as still being in the 70's or 80's in terms of development. as well as being japan number 2 with out the anime.
>>
>>76412023
Completely dry!
>>
>>76413436
Yeah, but you gave us Bong Joon Ho.
>>
>>76413481
wait chile isnt a shit hole?
i thought peru was the only decent one followed by brazil and brazil is pushing it.
>>
To be honest the US ain't exactly a Paradise either. Only reason i am still here is it convenient for me to be here.
>>
File: Character creation table.jpg (506 KB, 2403x1074) Image search: [Google]
Character creation table.jpg
506 KB, 2403x1074
>>76411614
>Italians are white, can't be racist against whitey.

>>76413156
>Most people these days would consider all of those white.

You'd think that, but /pol/ thinks differntly.
>>
>>76411768
>As a Spaniard i find your people pathetic.
Pls tell your countrymen to stop coming and stealing our jobs.
>>
>>76413471
Because, like Monaco or Andorre, they are utterly irrelevant and are just here for taxes reasons.
>>
File: Finland.jpg (28 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Finland.jpg
28 KB, 512x384
Hes wearing womans clothing.
>>
>>76413493
I hope these Korean directors don't spend too much time in Hollywood. Look what happened to John Woo.
>>
>scottish people are always portrayed as brave and honorable highland warriors

better than the heroin/alcohol/deep frying addled reality
>>
>>76411505
BELGIUM MAMMOGRAM
>>
>>76413341
Oh, that. That's just a lazy joke, portraying Germans as sore losers. There's a little bit of projection in there, too, since it assumes Germans would treat their loss in WWII the same way Americans treat their losses in stuff like the Korean War (which is even called "The Forgotten War).
>>
>>76411229
Besides the few nice places where the rich people live mexico IS a shithole
>>
File: dOjCvP6.png (898 KB, 754x687) Image search: [Google]
dOjCvP6.png
898 KB, 754x687
There was that one South Park episode that mentioned us.

I think that's it.

It had it pretty right, we are basically irrelevant in terms of general popular awareness outside of Scandinavia, though it isn't all that cold here at all, so it got that wrong.
>>
>>76413536
fair enough.
>>
File: trophy.png (78 KB, 211x314) Image search: [Google]
trophy.png
78 KB, 211x314
>>76413533
>Fashion
>furry
>>
>>76412137
>The worst thing about Canadians is that they base half their identity around being 'not american'
That's a noble enough goal, though you'd think that not carrying a gun and a couple of burgers everywhere should be enough clue.
>>
>>76411929

Eh, I would say the vast majority of the time people just say sorry and move on.
>>
>>76413337
Well, it's the only one where Canada exists consistently. All the other ones treat it like it's Brigadoon - it only appears every 100th joke, and then disappears forever.
>>
File: 358.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
358.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>76413529
>>
>>76413606
>and then disappears forever
I mean "disappears until the next 100". God, I need to drink less, or maybe more.
>>
>>76413593
hehe. But i hear in certain parts of Canada you have hick types waving Rebel flags and shit, that true?
>>
Sweden is mostly ignored by /co/ related media.

And when supposedly Swedish characters do turn up, they usually have Norwegian names.
>>
>>76413108
REGGETON BABY
>>
>>76413652
The final insult.
>>
>>76413513
Is this some kind of joke? Chile and Argentina are the only latino countries that are not complete shit.

>>76413534
There's more spaniards going to Ecuador than to Mexico
>>
>>76413416
I think Cagliostro was an erstaz Lichtenstein, for what it's worth.
>>
>>76413659
eww
>>
>>76413688
>Is this some kind of joke? Chile and Argentina are the only latino countries that are not complete shit.

Man Argentina has been constantly bumfucked for decades now. I'd put Peru up there with Chile and Brazil, given it's rapid growth (apparently it's overtaking Chile in both development and economy). Argentina hasnt been relevant in a long time.
>>
>>76413593
It's not when it's all you've got!

>study overseas in Southern USA
>everyone is friendly and chill
>doesn't hate on anyone because they don't care about anything but themselves

>study abroad in Canada
>Won't ever shut up about America and how much smarter they are and less prejudiced and better
>"Have you ever been to the States, Canadianfriend."
>"No but I knew some Americans relatives who've visited/I went to nyc with school once"
>they never see the irony
>>
>>76411229
As a Colombian I couldn't care less about underrepresentation but it irks me when they picture Bogota as a city in the middle of the jungle where everyone has a mustache and everybody wears polo shirts and shorts. We're 1600 miles above sea level, for fucks sake. It's freezing in here.
>>
File: canada dance.png (600 KB, 1280x1235) Image search: [Google]
canada dance.png
600 KB, 1280x1235
>canadians show up in american TV show or cartoon

>carry around hockey sticks and talk with a newfie accent while saying "eh" all the time
>>
File: 1386182113825.gif (782 KB, 900x710) Image search: [Google]
1386182113825.gif
782 KB, 900x710
I love the Canadian stereotypes when anything features Canada.
>>
>>76413726
I think the key word there is
>study
Students are almost always self-righteous idiots. As a Britbong who's spent a lot of time in Canada, Canadians generally seem chill as fuck and more openly friendly with strangers than when I've been to the States.
>>
File: pajaskid.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pajaskid.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>76413414
Hay, that's it!
>>
>>76411292
>>76411229

I don't think I ever want to go to Mexico. I imagine it being like, two resort cities on the east where everyone goes to Spring Break, and then everything else is a vast desert where roving gangs of druglords kidnap you and cut your face off.
>>
>>76411229
This doesn't really count, but I love seeing all the ridiculous Texas stereotypes.
Even American media portays them all as gun happy cowboys or oil barons, crazy christ fundies, and football is the life blood of the people.

And it really isn't all that far off.
>>
>>76411229
Are you suggesting that Mexico is NOT, in fact, a complete shit hole?

Does the rampant poverty, corruption, and cartel violence not qualify it as a shit hole?
>>
File: Zapatero came.jpg (37 KB, 367x526) Image search: [Google]
Zapatero came.jpg
37 KB, 367x526
>>76413384
>Brown midgets will always be insecure
Said the spaniard trying to wave his metaphorical penis around in an imageboard
>>
File: HDI.png (39 KB, 356x677) Image search: [Google]
HDI.png
39 KB, 356x677
>>76413719
>apparently it's overtaking Chile in both development and economy
>>
I'm alright if the country is represented for satirical purposes, I dislike when they use the country to ingrain their own political views unto audience and all.

South Park is damn near great at doing that, they have the right balance of being satricial and not to overtly political.

The Simpsons golden age was the same as South Park too, until later seasons where it felt too forcible in what they wanted to convey.
>>
>>76413950
You can know how bullshit that chart is when Venezuela is over Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, and Ecuador.

Venezuela is way worse than those and Venezuelans can confirm.
>>
>>76413828
>no James Cameron

Wut?
>>
>>76413652
were moving up in the world though, getting more and more attention from America senpai wont be long until dead medium notices us

recent memorable appearances:
> princess offering anal in kingsman
> beat out Russians for the role of incompetent villains in latest mission impossible
> memes? YES

please notice us jew run media! it makes our pale cheeks blush!
>>
>>76413882
I went to mexico on a roadtrip type of thing, it was pretty awesome aside from the absolutely horrible traffic. If you go, don't try to drive. But it was pretty cool. We did get warned by some nice mexican people to watch out during the nights, but had no trouble. Saw an awesome pyramid and shit and all the food was delicious
>>
>>76414032
>beat out Russians for the role of incompetent villains in latest mission impossible

SPOILERS!
>>
>>76411229
Russian here, pretty much speaking for slavic people because americans dont know the difference.
Just like alot of other countries i feel like the stereotypes are overused or just plain old, its always something about communism and bears, or the soviet union.
It doesnt bother me too much, because i think jokes should always be taken lightly.

I just wish they would update their jokes, cause theres much funnier and more relevent russian stereotypes you could make fun of now in the past 20 years since the ussr collapsed
>>
>>76411258
Mad Max is pretty good, m8
>>
>>76414032
>getting more and more attention from America senpai wont be long until dead medium notices us
But all the attention Sweden is getting now is about you getting cucked by immigrants both individually and as a society.
>>
>>76413108

No Arecibo Radiotelescope? That shit appeared in Goldeneye. There's also Treasures of the Deep.
https://youtu.be/DVCTStcrNzM?t=1
>>
File: slav.jpg (557 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
slav.jpg
557 KB, 1162x850
>>76414107
In my opinion, the recent slav stereotype is the "squatting slav in adidas tracksuit" one. I find it funny as fuck, what do you think of it?
>>
I think the only representation of Austria I ever see anywhere is Schwarzenegger. That's it.
>>
>>76414107

Like track suits and squatting in streets?
>>
>>76413108
Oh and don't forget our little part in Marvel history.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Roberto_Velasquez_(Earth-616)
>>
>>76414107
so, cheeki breeki?
>>
>>76414107
>theres much funnier and more relevent russian stereotypes you could make fun of now in the past 20 years since the ussr collapsed
Tells us so we can include them in future media.
>>
>>76412449
Kek, underrated post
>>
I've never seen a comic nor a cartoon ever mention Serbia in any capacity. Positive, negative, offhand, or in passing. It just never seems to happen. I see a lot of reference to Australia, and for the most part they're mild and sort of amusing.
>>
>>76412644
tbh apart from Bahamas, Cuba, Puerto Rico and MAYBE Barbados and T&T most people just lump the Caribbean into one Jamaican-like amalgamation or think it's Sub-Saharan Africa
>>
>>76412686
Be happy knowing that you are the world's highest net exporter of memes
>>
>>76413824
When I was in Canada I was a Canadian for Halloween, and I looked pretty much exactly like this plus I tied a Tim Horton's bag to my hockey stick and wore the Olympic mittens.
Almost an exact 50/50 kek/rage reaction.
>>
>>76413260
Yeah, but tell that to the sjws
>>
>>76411752

I think it's cute so many people honk this, but if he Tories win in the federal election coming up this month were going to have Russia levels of corruption and cronyism and a whole shit ton of personal freedoms crushed. Not to mention the spiralling job market caused by pointless austerity and crumbling infrastructure.

There's also the matter of mass data burning by the governement and the lack of a long form census, so there's entire towns that are off the maps and the government has no means to supply them with education or health care because they're statistical black holes, and this conveniently happens in ridings where the current Feds don't get support.

But I love south parks depictions of us. I just wish someone would do something that brings awareness to how bad the situation is getting in Canada so the nor miss here would actually get off their asses and vote.
>>
>>76414263
not him but im mexican I make it my mission to always make SJWs apologetic as fuck

sometimes it feels good not being white
>>
>>76411635
Yeah, as a Brit it's always confused me though as we have free dental care, everyone I know's teeth are pretty good. The missing links that turn up on the Jeremy Kyle show are the exception though.
>>
>>76414280
Canadians have the spookiest Special Forces though
>>
>>76413882

you imagine wrong.
>>
>>76413905

It's really not that bad. East LA is worse, honestly.
>>
>>76414201
Tbh, I consider Jamaica to be the outlier, a lot of my innate stereotypical assumptions about the Caribbean are of tax havens and colonial buildings
>>
>>76414338

The RCMP and CSIS a
So have nigh unlimited power, which is even creepier than the states because most people don't realize or just go "aw good ol Mounties". It's some hiding in plain sight shit.
>>
>>76413995
Yeah, this.

Peruvian here. This one >>76412067 here. The high of Peruvian economy getting better worn off; the bubble burst. The economy is decelerating and everybody knows it; analysts, politicians, businessmen, the media. The dollar is on the rise again because no one is buying Peru's stuff as much as before anymore.

Not that it matters because all the money goes to the people who already had lots of it - politicians, big businessmen, etc. - and spend it on their own private benefit such as more estates, more figurehead businesses, more paying their accomplices and front men, and partying. Criminals are always partying and drinking and snorting coke and living a high life. And in rural areas it's obviously worse, because there's the drug cartels and illegal miners and illegal everything.

The whole country is a mess from top to bottom. And yet it's nothing anybody in their place wouldn't do, and it's only going to get worse because, really, why would it get better? The people that benefit of the current affairs have it quite well.

TL;DR - if you have the chance of coming to Peru, don't. It's horrible here and getting worse. Go to Chile instead.
>>
>>76413882
You just take the same precautions you'd take just about every other tourist destination. Watch your belongings, don't accept help from total strangers, don't walk late at night in the streets, distinguish the safe locations from the dangerous ones and have a plan should anything happen to your passport.
>>
File: ilpo hyva╠Иksyy.jpg (446 KB, 945x1194) Image search: [Google]
ilpo hyva╠Иksyy.jpg
446 KB, 945x1194
>>76414211
I try to take pride in that, at least ;_;
>>
File: slavpunzcheszka.jpg (154 KB, 450x390) Image search: [Google]
slavpunzcheszka.jpg
154 KB, 450x390
>>76414107
you mean the slavsquat, for example? The funny wedding pictures? what? Tell us.
>>
>>76413019
When people move without their families is because the inflation is higher. Earning minimum wage you can send some money home and it will be worth much more than it does in the USA. Is easier than trying to sustain a family earning minimum wage in your own country.

When they move with their families is because the life standard is higher, they have better possibilities of becoming successful in life and the USA is somewhat romanticized in some parts of South America.
>>
>>76414120
are you actually having trouble discerning memes from reality?
>>
>>76414484
In case you didn't notice, that's what this thread is about. Memes/stereotypes of countries in media.
>>
>>76412141
WOSS A CRAIC MEEAT UP THA FUCKIN 'RA
>>
>>76414376
can't really blame you, there are a lot of colonial buildings throughout the Caribbean that history nerds go gaga for
>>
>>76413436
Adventure Time has post-apocalyptic Koreans in it. Does that count?
>>
>Britain

When it's a British character it's normally fine but anything to do with Britain itself - more specifically England - isn't even accurate.

We're always stuck in Victorian times or made out of nothing but London.

The worst though was a Fairly Odd Parents episode I saw as a kid where America never got independence. It was the only time I've ever actually been offended by a cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBcrHMODSo&feature=youtu.be&t=17m37s
>>
>>76414456
Squatting is the astonishingly ergonomic stance to which slavs have exclusive rights of practice. It is a millennia old tradition forged and refined by years of genetic evolution, mostly regarding ones knees. When properly executed, it improves overall well-being, cleanses the soul, and cultivates a healthy lifestyle. On top of it all, it is the most fashionable trend of 2015 тАУ in short, SlavSquat. Everyone has their own slav squat, and it can be practiced accordingly to one's beliefs and devotions without restriction. Slavs are notoriously tolerant of both religion and race (they have other things to dislike you relentlessly for), so feel free to perfect your own slavsquat, regardless of your origins!
>>
>>76413019
>the laws are too strict.

Why, precisely to escape from the lawless places.
>>
>>76412141
We have a population roughly on par with that of Idaho. Why are there so goddamn many of us here?
>>
>>76414565
Thank you for this cultural enrichment!
>>
>>76413513
>Peru
>not shit
>>
>>76411229
>mexico
>not a shithole
I'm sure people are evacuating in mass to america because mexico is not a shithole in comparison.
>>
>>76414505
no, its about the portrayal of non America in /co related media.
>>
>>76414565
>>slavsquat
>>Not the superior East Aryan squat
>>
>>76414650
Exactly. Memes and stereotypes.
>>
>>76414634
Mexicans are over nationalistic, they may shit on their country among mexicans, but they get offended when a gringo does it. They do delude themselves about the importance or safety of their country, but in general they know is a shithole, is just that if you talk shit about mexico in front of Gringos you are a traitor.

>>76413995
Development = Social
Venezuela has a population more educated than the brazillian, colombian or mexican one. Greece economy can go to shit but will still be better than china. Almost every country in latinamerica is at least one decade away from the development of Argentina.
>>
I'd love to visit Mexico some day. It's the only country in North America with actual proper history. Only thing we got in the states is some old churches and forts the Spanish built.

As for mexicans, I'd rather have the immigrants than the fatass racist whites who bitch about them. If we're going to deport anybody, it ought to be them. Country would be better for it.
>>
File: 1423511599049.png (246 KB, 680x677) Image search: [Google]
1423511599049.png
246 KB, 680x677
>>76414704
>Almost every country in latinamerica is at least one decade away from the development of Argentina.

Whatever you say, man.
>>
>>76412686
Weirdos. Swedens little asperger brother.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.