[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Wolverine get fat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: a9102f043ecc4a8d6c3e8dcf9dd164ad.jpg (165 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
a9102f043ecc4a8d6c3e8dcf9dd164ad.jpg
165 KB, 1600x1600
Could Wolverine get fat?
>>
>>81517004
Wolverine has a constant healing mutation, which usually means anytime a part of his body, whether internally or externally begins breaking down, it rebuilds either faster than the degradation, or if the break down is quick, it'll rebuild twice as strong.

In this, we have an example of a mutant who is Biologically Immortal, like that Jellyfish, but not in the same manner.

So to answer your question, no. That would imply that his healing factor would have to turn off for several months followed by a lack of physical exercize combined with bad eating habits. The only problem is, it can be assumed that Wolverine may stay fat if his healing factor comes back on in that time due to the whole "Heals as fast it breaks down." So the fat trying to be burnt, wouldn't be burnt.

I think a better question to apply here, is could The Kingpin get skinny?
>>
>>81517154
Getting fat isn't injury, his healing factors should stop him losing weight, but no reason his body shouldn't be able to store fat.

He should also be able to get ripped super duper fast.
>>
>>81517382
His body wouldn't be able to gain more muscles because every microtear in his tissues would heal too fast for new cells to fill in the gaps.

To get the appearance of more muscles, or taller, he'd have to put himself on some kind of stretching rack.
>>
File: 1425509941362.jpg (283 KB, 985x1500) Image search: [Google]
1425509941362.jpg
283 KB, 985x1500
>>81517004
>could The Kingpin get skinny?

Most of his bulk is muscle.

>He should also be able to get ripped super duper fast.

Wolverine is ripped.
>>
>>81517382
actually on the matter of getting ripped, he could easily tone what muscles he has but developing them would prove difficult. Some of the muscle mass you gain from working out is when the muscles become worn and damaged and then heal filling in the tiny gaps created as it stretches the frayed fibers
With Wolverine he may heal too quickly to develop muscle in such a way and so he can only build mass through sheer development.
>>
>>81517382
This, our bodies evolved thinking fat storage was healthy because we were cavemen who didn't know when we'd get our next meal. It's disadvantageous in the modern era, but Wolverines body wouldn't recognize getting fatter as a bad thing.

But I guess with his healing factor he doesn't have to worry about weight related disease anyway.
>>
Agent X, a clone of Dead pool, got obese. Discuss
>>
He got fat and bald in Earth-X.
>>
>>81517800
Deadpool got obese once too.
>>
>>81517800
>a clone of Dead pool

That's oversimplifying it.

Also he got fat because of Hydra science.
>>
>>81517771

I know we're talking fantasy here but aside from plugging your ears and going "la la magic" I don't see how wolverine could "heal" the plaque out of his arteries or "heal" away poor circulation

In fact honestly I don't see how "rapid" healing even works for him. Sure, he gets shot and can rapidly regenerate months of healing and rehab to full strength, that's fine. But things the body literally has no ability to do like regrowing limbs or failed organs, that's just silly
>>
>>81517551
Why wouldn't his healing factor just make the new cells? Like >>81517382 says it should technically just make him get more muscle fast. If anything he has to try not to work out or he'll get too bulky.
>>
>>81517982
Maybe his healing factor can produce stem cells. It would explain why he doesn't get age if he can just produce stem cells on demand.
>>
>>81518077
>>
File: ganfat the chubby.png (893 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
ganfat the chubby.png
893 KB, 1200x1200
>>81518168
Fine, stem cells and magic.
>>
>>81517004
Earth X, and yes he can. He just needs to be at peace and boning Madelyn Prior who is lying to him about being Jean.
>>
>>81517154
>I think a better question to apply here, is could The Kingpin get skinny?
He actually IS.
According to the comics a very small percentage of his body mass is actually fat and he's just this gigantically muscled beast of a human being.
Physically impossible of course, but here we are talking on a thread about Wolverine's healing factor so that's hardly the most ridiculous thing out there.
>>
>>81517982
Previously (before the X-series went to shit in the 90's) it was literally a HEALING factor, meaning anything that didn't instantly kill him his body would stabilize and he'd eventually heal from.
Organ removal, drowning, or massive bodily trauma that pulped his organs against his bones such as falling from great heights of being hit by massive impacts WOULD kill him and his life was frequently in danger.

Of course after 90's and serial superpower escalation and Popularity-based Regeneration came into affect his healing powers were wildly inconsistent, including granting him increasing longevity that he didn't have at all until
Wolverine Origins.
>>
>>81517771

He would be affected by some weight related issues that are more about physical limits more than cell injury.

He could probably still get clots, if his blood attacks clotting as a "problem", then he would be always bleeding to death, if his blood doesnt, then he has the potential to have a clot go right into his brain.

He prob also gets kidney stones, they are mineral deposits that have nothing to do with cellular health.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.