[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any word on this movie? I can't be the only one who's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: 1.jpg (54 KB, 730x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
54 KB, 730x500
Any word on this movie? I can't be the only one who's hyped for this.

For some strange reason, I've always enjoyed the Thor movies more than anything else in the MCU
>>
We've had some rumored plot leaks. I'll dig them up.
>>
>>81486811
Are you an obese female or a faggot by any chance?
>>
Found them.

>Thor returns to Asgard to find out more about the Infinity Stones, and learns Loki has usurped the throne and has joined forces with Hela to unleash the Ragnarok. He tries to stop them, but is defeated, the Mjolnir is destroyed, and he is banished to a faraway world, where he's forced to become a gladiator in an area filled with alien warriors.

>Thor finds out the Hulk is the champion of the area, having been exiled there by Loki in retaliation for the humilliation Loki endured during the Battle of New York. Hulk hasn't reverted to Bruce Banner in two years, and traces of Banner's personality are coming through, so Hulk is more intelligent.

>Thor and Hulk join forces to break out of the arena and embark on a journey through the Nine Realms to find an artifact that can prevent the Ragnarok. Meanwhile, Heimdall is killed, and Thor eventually learns Loki couldn't bring himself to kill Odin and banished him to Earth, where Odin leaves as a vagrant whose warnings of the impending doomsday are ignored.

>In the end, Thor rallies the fallen warriors of Valhalla and leads them in battle against Hela and her army of the ndead, aided by the Hulk.

>Jane, Darcy and Selvig don't appear. Lady Sif has a larger role.
>>
Thor 1 is charming and 2 has amazing chemistry between Thor and Loki.

I'm pumped for Ragnarok.
>>
>>81486936

>Jane, Darcy and Selvig don't appear. Lady Sif has a larger role.

fake
>>
>>81486973
Natalie Portman is pretty notoriously not appearing, and Stellan Skarsgard also confirmed he's not in it. Jaimie Alexander has been confirmed, on the other hand.
>>
>>81486973
Actually based on the casting shown thus far this might be the case.

not necessarily sif having a bigger role but that the mortals from the last two movies aren't listed as being among the cast. Though i would miss selvig...and darcy's tits but not her voice.

as for the sif thing i mean if they are drifting away from boring ass jane as a romantic interest i can see her coming to the forefront more.
>>
Yeah, I've always thought the Thor films are underrated. The last fight in Thor 1 is a beautiful visual effects feast (the rainbow bridge, the casket of winters etc.) that I think is aesthetically unmatched in any other Marvel film. This film also had a great Asgardian cast, Thor's silly Viking behaviour on modern earth, grinnning Loki dripping with deviousness, and an Odin that makes lots of strange hisssy and barky sounds as if he was part person and part primal force that could quiet a storm with a growl. Seriously underrated.

Thor is a character that stood out for me in Age of Ultron for coming and going as he pleased without pleasantries. Without acting unlikable or superior he was still super-superhuman in his manor. That's how the God of Thunder should act, even around a group of other superheroes.
>>
>>81486973
Natalie Portman is out of the Thor movies dude
>>
File: 1.jpg (15 KB, 300x258) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
15 KB, 300x258
>>81486836
Thanks!!

Hope we see Valkyrie and Hel
>>
>>81486811
I was hyped until they threw out the original script for being too dark, fired Yost/Kyle, then hired a literally who writer to rewrite it as a buddu-cop comedy with the Hulk that has nothing to do with the original premise of the movie.
>>
>>81487385
>aesthetically unmatched
At least until Doctor Strange.
>>
>>81487071
>>81486866
No Natalie? Noooooooo

Nope, I'm an above average bodied man
>>
>>81487385
For me the thor movies have always been 'good parts' with boring shit in between. and with thor 1 there was way mo.....fucking thor hanging out with regular people on earth. thats the issue. when thor is doing regular shit with regular folks i'm bored out of my mind. when hes off midgard or doing crazy shit i dig it.
>>
I'm firmly in the camp that the Thor movies have been the MCU's weakest entries. The first one was ordinary, and while the second one was a let-down, it had some scenes worth re-watching, at least.

But for some reason, I can't help but feel like Thor Ragnarok is going to be the Captain America: The Winter Soldier of the Thor films. After all, every hero with a trilogy so far has had at least one solid movie - for Iron Man, it was the first, for Captain America, the second. I'm holding out hope that, for Thor, it can be the third.
>>
File: 4bc44c9ae9711.jpg (117 KB, 861x600) Image search: [Google]
4bc44c9ae9711.jpg
117 KB, 861x600
>>81487402
I have hopes for ulik. I feel like there aint no ulik fans out there but i always think of ulik when it comes to thor.

mostly because of this card.

I mean look at that strength and durability. Sure he's got low speed and agility but he can take a beating and dish one out.
Man i miss collecting those. My fav was the fourth series because the cards combined side by side into essentially big posters
>>
>>81487883
Seriously these were so fucking cool. the best part was if you put the cards in your 3 by 3 card holder page thing binder youd have a full on whole image with each page.

Fuck do they still make those. part of me wants to begin collecting again
>>
>>81486936
>Darcy doesn't appear.

Thank fucking God...
>>
>>81488125
They should've cast her as Hela. She's got the pale complexion, and she's got the tits for the role
>>
>>81487963
shit, I think I never finished a whole page, always was 1 card short, funny that they wasted a full one with those Marvel UK characters no one gave a fuck
>>
>>81486811
>For some strange reason, I've always enjoyed the Thor movies more than anything else in the MCU

me too

mostly cuz MCU Loki is the only good villain in the entire movie universe
>>
File: taika.jpg (96 KB, 595x324) Image search: [Google]
taika.jpg
96 KB, 595x324
I wasn't hyped until Waititi was involved.

Fucking Marvel, using my favorite small-time indie director to reel me back in.
>>
>>81486973
Guardians of the Galaxy proved we don't need the romcom audience the first Thor did to be a success. Marvel's brand name will sell the film now.
>>
>>81487883
>>81487963
is there a site that complies these images, I just want to look at them
>>
>>81490038
None i can think of. but i wouldn't be surprised if there was somewhere out there. but youll probably have to do some google sleuthing
>>
>>81486936
Valkyrie or BRB at all?
>>
>>81490038
>>81490506
Ah wait i did find a torrent of them so id honestly google 'marvel universe trading cards torrent' and you should probably have some luck.
>>
File: MCU Beta Ray Bill.jpg (105 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
MCU Beta Ray Bill.jpg
105 KB, 630x1200
>>81490512
BRB was cast at one point, not sure any more.
>>
>>81488334

Loki is the only one left alive to do anything in his next film. Just about any villain from any of their movies would be cool to see again, but they kill off most of them. Red Skull was kind of boring in a WWII scenario, but put him in a different situation and it would be really interesting to see.
>>
>>81490512
Reportedly they have valkyries indeed.
>>
>>81490609
Is that Beta Ray Bill?
>>
File: 1415462661945.jpg (42 KB, 409x372) Image search: [Google]
1415462661945.jpg
42 KB, 409x372
>>81490609
>>
File: thanoshulkthor.jpg (148 KB, 494x750) Image search: [Google]
thanoshulkthor.jpg
148 KB, 494x750
I want to see this at the end of Thor:Ragnarok
>>
>>81491752
>they think they've won
>thanos comes in and kills everyone
I'd watch it
>>
When's MCU Bill
>>
>>81491752
I really wouldn't want that. I kinda like these films being semi standalone, and would hate a "HEY KIDS, MORE INFINITY WARS TEASES!"
>>
>>81494427
These film are barely standalone

You go from Thor 1 to Thor 2 wondering what the fuck happened. Loki is somehow still alive and something happened in New York.
Then from Thor 2 to Thor 3 you suddenly find out that the Hulk has appeared out of nowhere
>>
>>81486811
I love Thor, but man this movie hasn't at all hyped me one bit.

Going off the title, I was hoping for you know, a big knock down Surtur fight, because that's what Ragnarok tends to be in the comics. But the MCU Asgard doesn't really work at all the same way as the comics, and none of Thor's B-villains are at all developed yet and there isn't a Skurge to stand alone at Gjallerbru. And there's still the whole dangling Loki to deal with.
And then the leaks started happening and it became a Thor/Hulk buddy movie. And then the plot became rumoured to be basically Planet Hulk, and I just don't really know, y'know?

Need a trailer or something.

>>81494397
Replaced by Hulk, seems like.
>>
>>81486936
If this Planet Hulk plot is true, I see no reason why they couldn't shove in a little BRB appearance
>>
>>81486811

how can you enjoy the worst movies in the mcu?

don't get me wrong, thor 1 was great but thor 2 was a fucking snorefest and total waste of christopher eccleston.

from what i can gander thor 3 won't be that good, but hulk parts will be.

>>81486936

>the movie turns into planet hulk

fake as fuck, post discarded
>>
>>81486811

No Beta Ray Bill, no sale. Don't tell me it's not doable after GotG.
>>
>>81486936

I can believe the thing about Natalie not being there and Heimdell being killed off because Idras and seem not want to do this anymore.

Good fucking riddance.

I want Selvig though. I like how he's always been there and how he's working with the Avengers now.
>>
>>81487883
You're not alone as an Ulik fan. Thor villains are some of the coolest (that post-sci-fi vibe is strong with them) and Ulik is one of the best.
>>
>>81486811
I am but between Civil war and Strange i can't help but have a modest boner. They should've totally killed Jane in the second movie btw.
>>
>>81487760
>I can't help but feel like Thor Ragnarok is going to be the Captain America: The Winter Soldier of the Thor films
That's what Feige wants in a sense of shaking the status quo.

>>81487385
I think the fun part is that Thor is a god who gives a fuck what Odin said and yet he is so down to Earth. He doesn't brag about being possibly the most powerful Avenger of the team.
>>
>>81487385
>This film also had a great Asgardian cast

I really wish the Warriors Three had gotten more meaningful play in the first two movies.
>>
>>81490609
kek
>>
>>81490609

Perfect casting.
>>
>>81486936
>Thor finds out the Hulk is the champion of the area, having been exiled there by Loki in retaliation for the humilliation Loki endured during the Battle of New York. Hulk hasn't reverted to Bruce Banner in two years, and traces of Banner's personality are coming through, so Hulk is more intelligent.
This doesn't make any sense, for a myriad of reasons.
>>
>>81504139
I feel like one of the movie's biggest struggles out of the gate is explaining where the Hulk comes from, regardless of what the plot ends up being.

Unless the movie starts with Thor trying to stop a rampaging Hulk, and them both getting Bifrosted out of there, Banner should be hiding out at a Sandals or something.
>>
File: mictlan.jpg (73 KB, 721x400) Image search: [Google]
mictlan.jpg
73 KB, 721x400
>>81486811
I was hyped until they axed Yost's script.
>>
>>81486811
>>81487385
>>81486946
>>81488334

Love all the love the Thor flicks are getting in here. Thor 2 is a go to whipping boy on this board, but I've watched it multiple times and felt the balance of magic, technology and politics is brilliant. It's visually stunning, and just a cool world they built.

My "obviously not gonna happen" dream for 3 involves Danny McBride playing Kenny Powers playing Hercules, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>81497755

That and Heimdall supposedly has the Soul Gem. Meaning he really has to die.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.