[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adventure Time Blue Balls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99 KB, 1916x1136) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99 KB, 1916x1136
Might as well rename the show "Build up with no payoff".

Why is it that this show constantly builds up plot, dedicated episodes at a time to developing some concept, only to have that end up resulting in nothing, and more often than not less than nothing when plot devices begin to suck other plot devices into black holes so that each story-arch can end up exactly where it began with no actual character development at all.

>Finn's Dad shows up
>Oh whatever, he just leaves
>and leaves
>oh and then he leaves into another dimension
We get it, Finn's dad leaves him, doing it multiple times and doing stupid dream sequence bullshit doesn't mean Finn is actually dealing with these problems.

>Marceline is a vampire
>No wait, she is a demon who later became a vampire
>Oh no wait, she's a demon who hunted vampires and later became a vampire
>Wait wait wait, she's actually a black human who is also a demon who hunted vampires and later became a vampire
>Hol up hol up, she's actually a black human who is also a demon who hunted vampires and later became a vampire only to have her vampire essence removed so she could become mortal again as a black human who is also a demon
>STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES, she's actually a black human who is also a demon who hunted vampires and later became a vampire only to have her vampire essence removed so she could become mortal again as a black human who is also a demon who re-hunted vampires and later became a vampire again
Oh guess what, the moral was supposed to be that Marceline was afraid of having a mortal life, but ooops the stupid writers didn't actually put that into the plot so I guess Ice King has to show up and tell us that's the plot?

Holy fuck, it's amazing how complexly bad this show has become.
It's even more amazing that it's still pretty damn entertaining.
But I think we can all agree it shouldn't have gone past Season 3 or 4.
>>
tl;dr

Stop adding new shit only to make it completely irrelevant three episodes from now.

This is what you get when you have a shit ton of writers disrespecting each others visions so that they can do whatever they feel like doing in the moment.

It doesn't seem like anyone actually thinks about how the series should develop, but just "feels" it or something.

Season 1 was raw, hilarious, and pushed the boundaries.
Season 2, 3, and 4 refined it to perfection.

Unfortunately starting in season 3-4 dumb fucking lore shit, and "feelsies" were continually added and rewritten and reinterpreted countless times until everything became meaningless.

If you want your show to have no meaning, than just keep it a silly fucking cartoon which no continuity, or fucking make the continuity worthwhile!

Prove me wrong, you can't.
>>
The fact that people eat the show up and think it's good storytelling is what pisses me off the most.

I love Adventure Time, I still enjoy watching it, it's definitely never stopped being entertaining.

But you have to fucking admit it's devolved into a guilty pleasure that is no longer more than the sum of its parts.
>>
>>81283803
>>81283926
>>81284093
>>81284093
>it's devolved into a guilty pleasure that is no longer more than the sum of its parts.
These bros know what's up.
>>
>>81283803
Idk dude who cares. Adventure time is more fun the less you expect from it. It's a fun little show but expecting anything major out it could go either way. Just enjoy it without expecting much and you'll have more fun.
>>
>>81288435
>is more fun the less you expect from it.
BUT THE SHOW TEASES SO DAMN HARD! DAT HO TEASES BUT THEN NEVER PAYS OUT, DA FILTHY SKANK!
>>
File: Blazeit.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Blazeit.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>81283803
I pulled out at Breezy. I normally ignore these threads, but it's kinda funny that people still throw themselves at the wall like this expecting the show to change.
>>
File: melon.png (44 KB, 900x516) Image search: [Google]
melon.png
44 KB, 900x516
whatever you say
>>
>>81288923

I don't expect it to change, like I said I still enjoy it.
If anything it's very interesting to me just how bad it is and it's a good lesson for anyone who wants to learn how not to write a story.
>>
>>81283803
>still watching AT
Spare yourself the pain and sanity, and drop it already
>>
>>81292522
Not him, but that won't do. If you start it, you go to the end with it. Just like with Naruto or Star Wars, you hope that it will go back to being good.
>>
>>81292731
>implying
I dropped it at breezy, easiest decision of my life
>>
>>81288435
>just lower your expectations
Why should I?
>>
>>81293241
Come on, season 7 isn't complete shit. So that means it's great. Right?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.