[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Loony Tunes set for someone who wants to go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 919Cn2yoLzL._SL1500_.jpg (303 KB, 1184x1500) Image search: [Google]
919Cn2yoLzL._SL1500_.jpg
303 KB, 1184x1500
What is the best Loony Tunes set for someone who wants to go through the history and see the best stuff? Pic related came up in my searches.
>>
>>81248655
combined between the looney tunes and merrie melodies, there are supposed to exist OVER 1000 shorts total.

i wonder if a collection or set of such magnitude would ever exist?...
>>
>>81248860

That's largely what my struggle is. There's so much to sift through and every set has so much stuff on it, I was wondering if enthusiasts had a consensus.
>>
File: 1420848769254.jpg (26 KB, 529x399) Image search: [Google]
1420848769254.jpg
26 KB, 529x399
>>81248655
Your best bet is to get the Golden Collection dvd sets. There were six volumes total and I believe there is a big box you can get that has all six of them. I honestly have to say that they are the best dvd sets ever made. Great selection of shorts including early/historical stuff and a shitton of bonus features on each disc.

The Platinum Collection is essentially a blu-ray version of the Golden Collection but it did not last as many volumes meaning it does not have as much content.

There's also another series called the Spotlight Collection which were just watered down versions of the Golden Collection without any of the bonuses or historical content. I would stay away from those.
>>
>>81248655
whatever that's been directed by the bigger directors such as tex avery and chuck jones
>>
>>81249080
Should probably clarify on this. There is no official set or series of sets that has every short in chronological order and there most likely never will be. Golden Collection is primarily a best of set but it would be exactly what OP seems to be asking for.
>>
>>81249207
kinda sad...

i'm pretty sure any old cartoon enthusiast would pay up the ass for an absolute collection of every LT and MM. maybe as a bimonthly release per volume or something like that, but doubt the WB would dare to pull off such a feat even if it were some special anniversary.
>>
>>81249323
The main problem is that there are an overwhelming amount of shorts from the original era (around a thousand) and none of the more well known/iconic ones appear during the first decade's worth. While there are definitely some hardcore fans that would snatch something like that up in a heartbeat, you would have a very hard time convincing the general public to buy every volume.

And WB would never bother to finish it anyway. They never even released the second volume of Tom and Jerry on blu-ray because of some stupid bullshit.
>>
Just dropping by to say that there is a torrent available that has everything. Not really the answer to OP's question but just to make sure everyone knows.

https://kat.cr/looney-tunes-and-merrie-melodies-hq-project-t10016060.html
>>
Ended up finding an okay deal on the whole Golden Collection. Appreciate everyone's input.
>>
>>81249633
hey i remember that torrent, actually quite surprising it still has seeds.

not OP, but maybe i should try to take it on given how fast is the net today, no sane person would have tried to download that on a 512K connection or lower..
>>
>>81249633

theres a smaller torrent of the golden collection as well on kat, i know because i just downloaded it, around 30gb total
>>
>>81249633
I've downloaded that torrent before. It has every single short from the original era. Every short that was on the Golden and Platinum collections were ripped from those while the rest of them were compiled from other sources. While I have not taken the time to watch all of them, some of them honestly look pretty crappy and whoever compiled these stated that they didn't bother to check for edits or censorship. Some of the early Bosko shorts are crappy colorized versions.

I'm not saying that an insane amount of time and effort didn't go into this because it most certainly did but it is far from being a perfect collection. Though it is good for when you have the dvds and want to pick up the rest of the shorts not included on them just for the sake of having them.
>>
>>81249812

link https://kat.cr/looney-tunes-golden-collection-vol-1-6-t3096274.html
>>
File: 1457890738494.png (708 KB, 920x704) Image search: [Google]
1457890738494.png
708 KB, 920x704
>>81248860
Assuming every short is 7 minutes long, that's over 7000 hours of cartoons, which would take over 292 days to watch it all.
>>
>>81251157
292 days assuming you don't sleep, work, watch something else, or spend time on anything else.

It would be quite the undertaking to watch the whole thing.
>>
>>81251254
So if we double that, assuming you spend 12 hours watching and 12 hours sleeping, that's 584 days of cartoons, just from the Merry Melodies/Looney Tunes library alone.
>>
>>81251311
Actually you know what, I think I fucked up my math in >>81251157, that would be 7000 minutes, not hours.
>>
File: c33.jpg (61 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
c33.jpg
61 KB, 719x719
>>81251157
How did you get 7,000 hours from 1,000 shorts that are about 7 minutes each?

That's 7,000 minutes, not hours, which would be about 5 days.
>>
>>81251361
so basically assuming you dedicate an hour or two every day to this(maybe more on weekends), you could get it done in a couple months, actually that's a good idea, we should calculate this for the other Golden Age of Animation studio's output as well, would be a fun way to help this thread last longer
>>
Duck Season or Rabbit Season?
>>
>>81254559
FIRE
>>
Does anyone know of a good torrent with a decent amount of seeds of the Platinum collection? I have the GC torrent, but I would like the BDRip if possible for the shorts that it exists for.
>>
Golden collection is pretty good.
>>
>>81256064
The torrent with every short linked above has the 1080p Platinum Collection versions where they exist.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.