[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman 37 Endgame Storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
It's time to shit.
>>
>>
yis
>>
I thought Snyder was done with these long overwrought internal monologues after Zero Year.

Shame, it was so much better in Zero Year without them.
>>
>>
>>
>>68034396
So did Batman actually beat jokerized JLA or was it a dream?
>>
>>
>>68034409
So far Batman beating jokerized JL takes place in the same setting as the rest of this issue.

If that was a dream then so is this.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>68034461
Why do people hate endgame again? All of the issues so far are pretty good.
>>
$10 it's another Snyder fake out.
>>
>>68034461
OH SHIET
>>
>>68034465
Batman vs Justice League was a whole load of Batgod wankery and spitting Kryptonite chewing gum into Superman's face was stupid as hell.

The actual Joker parts are alright but given DOTF as a precedent it's easy to see why people might be a little cautious about it.
>>
>>68034461
>>68034467
>>68034467
My headcanon is getting confirmed! I always believed that Joker was an entity or a virus or something leaping from one person to another after one body dies.
>>
>>68034461
>>68034467
We Freddy Krueger now?
>>
>>68034474
>Muh batgod
everyone is a god when writer wants them to be
get over it crybabies
it was fun
>>
>>
>>68034485
Am I the only one who likes
>It's unkown who killed Batmans parents
Approach more?
>>
>>68034485
Is that fucking hat glued to Joe Chill head?
I swear to christ, he always has it on.
>>
>>68034493
Pretty sure In an interview a couple of years ago Snyder said he liked it best too.
Guess he changed his mind or something.
>>
>>68034493
I am neutral towards the idea, if its well used, i am okay, or else, its better to keep it untouched
>>
>>68034484
It's about the execution.

TDKR Batman vs Superman is really well written, it comes across as incredibly desperate and Batman fights really dirty and pulls every resource he can to bring Superman down. It feels earned and like Bruce spent years upon years scraping together every little resource he can find and in the end Bruce still has to fake his death in order to escape the fight. It's also pretty grounded, other than a chunk of Kryptonite Bruce uses pretty straightforward weapons to fight Supes.

Then we have Endgame where Batman pulls all kinds of complete bullshit like miniature red suns and Kryptonite Chewing Gum and a super computer that is as fast as speedforce and a magic lasoo that comes out of nowhere.

Aquaman's is the most insulting. Fucking bubblegum or some shit.
>>
>>68034506
Going with the idea that this is all a hallucination, Batman has personified Joe Chill in his mind.
>>
>>
>>
>>68034513
The fuck? Who the fuck is Duke?
>>
>>
>>68034485
>>68034485
Eh, just like with Dick I don't think the person who killed their parents should really come back. Hope this is a hallucination. Wasn't a fan of Zucco coming back in the Nightwing run and this makes me a nervous.
>>
>>68034532
The kid from zero year
>>
>>68034521
why do people keep pushing that everything is hallucination in endgame
>>
>>68034545
Because it's ridiculous.
>>
Do it already Gordon!
>>
Fucking finally.
>>
>>68034544
Oh, the one who was trying to solve the Riddle and save Gotham?
>>
>>
>>68034567
Yeah, in Futures End he's the new Robin so that's probably where they're headed in terms of his direction.
>>
>>
>>68034580
What about Damian? He is returning in Batman and Robin and Robin Rises: Alpha
Supposedly with Supowerpowers from Darkseid, or that shard, or source or something
>>
Backup storytime.

This one's pretty decent, has a ancient Gotham mystery feel to it which Snyder has a pretty good handle on.
>>
Why is Jim such an idiot...
>>
>>68034592
I doubt Damien's back for real honestly. But we'll have to wait and see what Rob Rises says.
>>
>>
>>68034606
While they might pull
>It's not the same Damien
eventually, he is totally returning for now
>>
>>
>>
>>68034580
Okay, I hate Snyder's run and his work in general, but that's pretty funny
>>
Shut up Mumsyyyyyyyyy!
>>
>>
>>68034622
Zero Year was not that bad
>>
And we're done, thanks for reading with me.

Have fun guys, I'm going to sleep.
>>
>>68034642
Snyder's run in general is pretty good, but whenever he writes Joker it seems pretty shit.

DOTF was garbage and Endgame is...alright so far but could easily be awful if he doesn't stick the landing which is pretty likely.
>>
So what is the truth behind the Joker? Or are all interpretations of him valid?
>>
>>68034642
>liking Riddlerwank Year
>liking filler
>liking oh iz attached to mah heart Ba'man
>>
>>68034673
If Court of Owls and Death of the Family are any indication Snyder will just set up all this mystery and then cop out at the end with some "Oh Joker just photoshopped himself and made up all this bullshit because theatricality and deception" or some shit.

His attempt to force the multiple choice past in Zero Year when it clearly wasn't compatible was the weakest part of that story.
>>
Snyder's the best Batman writer in at least a decade.
>>
>>68034716
That's not Morrison or Jeff Parker.
>>
>>68034716
Please, Batman & Robin and Detective Comics right now are both more enjoyable.
>>
>>68034716
No, Capullo is the best Batman artist in a decade.
>>
>>68034615
>some chemical company
>ace motherfucking chemicals
What is happening
>>
>>68034735
>Morrison

This is the reason for all the Snyder hate here, the refusal to admit that Grant Morrison just wasn't that great at Batman. His writing was sloppy and pretentious at best and he had some of the worst ideas imaginable or resurrected some of the worst ideas, like the fucking Club of Heroes bullshit and "everything is canon".

Snyder's Batman material outclasses Morrison's in every way imaginable. He tells Batman stories, not Cosmic Super God DC Gestalt Batman, and with flair and vigor. Morrison just wants to make everything into his bit over arching mythology that's a lot of self-indulgent twaddle. He's an overrated hack.
>>
>>68034745
This
and Morrison is best Batman writer in recent years
In fact I think that Morrison is one of the best Batman writers and that he does Batman better than any other standard iconic superhero...yes including Supes, ASS is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>68034772
>being this mad
>>
>>68034757
No, that would be Manapul
Manapul is everything good about Capullo but better
>>
>>68034772
Batman is supposed to be cosmic God or at least he became that over years. All of the main superheroes are multiversal metaphysical concepts and it makes sense that way.
>>
>>68034757
No, Kevin Conroy is the best Batman voice actor in a decade.
>>
>>68034792
I wouldn't really compare the two, though I will say the colorists on both books are fantastic.

My only real complaint with Capullo is that he gives everyone the same resting face like in >>68034396 where the page is ruined (ok not ruined but it took me out of it for a minute) because Alfred's daughter has the ol sameface.
>>
>>68034799

Masturbation of the highest order.

They're just entertaining, colorful heroes in costumes. That's all Bill Finger, Jerry Seigel, Denny O'Neil, Greg Rucka, or any competent writer has ever written them as. Morrison wants to turn canon superheroes into his own big mythology project like he's fucking Alan Moore, except he's terrible.

Stop trying to turn superheroes into these big fucking abstract metaphysical concepts. It's self-important wankery. Morrison should write actual STORIES, not fucking post-modern experiments in literature. Nobody reads comics for that shit. Read On A Winter's Night A Traveler if you want that and leave Batman out of it.
>>
>>68034808
Capullo is great, like I love him but recent work on Detective comics by Manapul is easily superior, at least for me
The art, the coloring, angels and panels, everything is so perfect for Batman and never feels awkward
>>
>>68034757
No, that would be Quitely.
>>
>>68034825
Plenty of people read and enjoy comics like that, stop being a whiny bitch that people like what you don't.
>>
>>68034825
>Morrison wants to turn canon superheroes into his own big mythology project like he's fucking Alan Moore, except he's terrible.
He isn't forcing anything on you, that's what he always says and that's what Multiversity is saying
You can see it anyway you want you faglord
>Stop trying to turn superheroes into these big fucking abstract metaphysical concepts
Why?
> It's self-important wankery
Buzzword that can be parroted when you have no real argument other than "I don't like meta things"
>Morrison should write actual STORIES
he does
> not fucking post-modern experiments in literature.
again why? just because you don't like it?
>Nobody reads comics for that shit.
A lot do
>>
>>68034825
Oh sod off Moore
>>
>>68034832
>>68034832
Quitely is good but he doesn't feel right for Batman, his art is a lot less mystical and Dark and better suited for something like Superman.
>>
>>68034851
Nah, it was perfect for the issues he did.
>>
>>68034865
Well yeah it was perfect for the issues he did and fit Dickbats really well but I can't say he would fit all of Batman
Capullo and Manapul fit general Batman a lot better and coloring is just amazing
>>
>>68034880
They wouldn't fit the issues Quitely did. Nor would they fit the Irving issues. Or any Return of Bruce Wayne for that matter.
>>
so.... Joker's fucking supernatural now or something?
>>
>>68034851
Have you seen that creepy scaly briefs Robin on the cover of his artbook?
>>
>>68034792
Manapul's stuff would look better in a Nightwing or Spiderman book in my opinion. His stuff still feels off for me for Batman.
>>
>>68034895
Oh hell no.
>>
>>68034910
His stuff is too smooth for Batman. Might work better for Superman thinking about it.
>>
>>68034918
It doesn't look too smooth for Batman at all.
>>
>>68034583
>Hello, Bruce
That's the only part I don't like, I mean what's the deal. I though Joker wasn't interested in Batman's secret identity. And don't give me that "it's not a joke anymore scenario".
>>
>>68034950
it's not a joke anymore
>>
>>68034950
It's not Joker anymore.
>>
>>68034465
Batwankery followed by a shittier version of Contagion. But it's starting to look up.
>>
What the fuck is going on here?

Is Joker immortal? This is far to confusing to turn out well
>>
I know Joker has been gone for quite some time before his return, but am I the only one who is already completely and utterly sick of this faggot after like 2 chapters? He's just such an incredibly boring villain and has even more plot armor than Batman himself. How many more "Joker is dead! OH WAIT NOPE HE ISN'T" can they pull?
>>
>>68034974
they pull this with eveyrone and everything
>>
>>68034950
The writing isn't green, so it's could just be Jokerized Gordon there. I mean we can't see the full face and it was pretty obvious Gordon was getting infected. It would be something else to admit Gordon knows the secret identity, but we've all suspected for a while.
>>
>>68034799
No
No he's not.

Christ Grant Morrison couldn't wrote Bruce Wayne to save his life.

It's why Morrison ended his run writing about his own Mommy issues.

If it's about the meta message what's the message if Grant Morrison writes a story about his parents divorce and he has his mother shot in head?
>>
>>68034513
Anyone else kind of get lost around this part?
>>
Even lord darkseid is chill
>>
>>68035150
is this from Batman and Robin?
Can someone storytime it?
Did Damien return
>>
>>68034566
what is that a kevlar tie?
>>
>>68035244
well, until it gets explained, the photos Jim saw and the story after that one is implying that Joker is some sort of phantom that's been in gotham for ages.
>>
>>68034522
>new routine
>routine he did when he "died" a year ago
>>
>>68034465
1. Batgod status jacked up to near maximum...

2. Only to drop down low immediately afterwards in a bizarre contrast, because the guy who can fight Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Aquaman, and builds a goddamn robot suit with miniature red suns to do so, somehow still can't handle a fucking homicidal clown.

It probably wouldn't be as much of a problem if the latter didn't immediately follow the former.

3. DotF sucked really, really hard, and sets low expectations for this Joker story.
>>
Alright so, I have no idea what the hell's going on here.

How did Joker get a new face? Why's he acting like a demon now?
>>
>>68035555
sweet quads, brah. Also
1. we don't know
2. snyder really wants to write horror so he's made Joker spooky this arc
>>
>>68034424
>"You'll likely to be the most hunter figure in Gotham"
Gotham's love for Batman confirmed. Feels good man.
>>
>>68034435
That's not reading the fucking issue.
>>
>>68034461
>>68034467
Fuck, that shit is spooky.

Fugg, am excite.
>>
>>68034474
Batman spitting in Superman's face was awesome.
>>
>>68034475
I don't think so. Joker is Pennywise, you can see the same thing with photos in It.
>>
>>68034536
>181935
Seems familiar.
>>
File: joker2.jpg (780 KB, 983x1511) Image search: [Google]
joker2.jpg
780 KB, 983x1511
>>68035555
>Why's he acting like a demon now
>now
>>
>>68035719
I miss when Joker was funy.
>>
>>68034760
Obviously the chemica vat Joker fell in had some bad fucking voodoo and he became the vessel of the clown
>>
>>68035729
Many moons ago, that was
>>
This is kind of... good? Yeah, it's pretty good. I know Joker has sort of become an unfunny eldritch lunatic in recent years, so why not fully run with it? Have Joker being a creepy, possibly supernatural monster that just jumps from person to person.
>>
>>68034545
Things seem to be getting more and more surreal. This issue by far is the fucking weirdest most out there one. I think it's going to be like that The Batman episode when he thought Gotham was being infected by some zombie virus but in the end he was the one who was infected with some crazy hallucination virus thanks to Strange.
>>
>>68035868
I hope they don't pull this crap. But you know, status quo and all that.
>>
>>68035909
>ending to one of Snyder's stories
>not underwhelming as all fuck
I hope it isn't true either but I'm gearing up for disappointment.
>>
>>68034513
You act like it hasn't been 20+ years since DKR has been written. With the advent of all this new tech and proposal for new tech and the power creep that is rampant in cape comics, new writers are going to come up with more dynamic scenarios.

How he beat Aquaman was pretty standard. WW was a nice inversion of the bullshit we got in Babel/DOOM even if it had no introduction prior, Flash was dumb. Superman made sense since he spit a concentrated amount of refined kryptonite into his eye. Just having it near him makes him weak, introducing it into his body through a mucous membrane like that would work even faster
>>
>>68035506
Do you people realize Joker is like top tier in terms of dangerous adversaries? He's done something like this in Joker's Last Laugh where parts of the world were getting infected and it was a JL wide crossover event.

He's survived all sorts of abuse and can even fuck "The Devil" over as evidenced by Morrison's stuff.

He did that whole Emperor Joker thing in Superman/Action comics years back

Even Cassandra Cain couldn't read him and had issues with stopping him with her hax kungfu

I know people don't like him and think he's just a clown and I'm not a fan either but many writers have characterized him as something removed from the norm compared to other baddies like Two Face or Luthor or something. It's been a thing for awhile and partly due to him becoming Batman's top baddie post-Knightfall.
>>
Joker's like...ascended.

Which is interesting.
>>
>>68035987
>Do you people realize Joker is like top tier in terms of dangerous adversaries? He's done something like this in Joker's Last Laugh where parts of the world were getting infected and it was a JL wide crossover event.
>He's survived all sorts of abuse and can even fuck "The Devil" over as evidenced by Morrison's stuff.
>He did that whole Emperor Joker thing in Superman/Action comics years back

And yet after all this, shooting him once even while he's trying to kill you with an axe and burning down the place is still an OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAD TO DO THAT, I'M A MONSTER, I'M WORSE THAN HIM, THERE'S NO HOPE FOR HUMANITY moment.

Why is the DC universe so pants-on-head retarded?
>>
>>68036059
Because MUH MORALS
>>
File: it was me barry.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
it was me barry.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
I think the question is how destructive would an alliance between Zoom and Joker be?
>>
File: Gotham Central - 015-15.jpg (367 KB, 1024x1639) Image search: [Google]
Gotham Central - 015-15.jpg
367 KB, 1024x1639
>>68036059
Snyder is a bad writer.
>>
>>68036059
Well, Marvel universe too, since they went equally apeshit over Magneto killing Red Skull
>>
>>68036069
>5 gunshots to the torso
>still survives
>Not again, that trick never works

Joker was confirmed to be Pennywise years ago!
>>
>>68036059
Isn't this just something we have to accept as a convention, like how the characters never remember that death is meaningless?

Same thing with them not remembering all the terrible things the Joker has done, because if you added them all up there would be no doubt that killing him is the right thing. They're always reacting like *this* is the worst thing he's ever done.

I just wish he'd go back to doing some clown crimes or hanging out with mobsters or something.
>>
>>68034445

batman is now captain america?
>>
>>68034536
Oh my God, I understand Batman can't kill the Joker cause "muh slippery slope" and retarded morality, which actually works with his OCD characterization, but Gordon's a hard-bit cop. He's really gonna try to arrest the Joker in this scenario? C'mon.
>>
>>68036068
>Joker with pre-Crisis Zoom suit
I want it
>>
>>68034597
>"Snyder has a pretty good handle on"
>Written by James Tynion IV
>>
>>68034396
So who is this new sexy short haired wifey?
>>
This is what Batman sees when he's on the Omega Sanction from Tomasi's Batman and Robin. Joker is Darkseid in this version instead of Hurt.
>>
>>68036157
it's not new
it's old character who is daughter of Alfred
>>
>>68036157
Alfred's daughter, do you REALLY want him to unleash the Dadbutlering on you?
>>
>>68035506
>homicidal clown
why do you still think this? it's the devil
>>
>>68034474
Fuck off faggot. It's a comic book.
>>
>>68034513
>desperate
Was it fuck. He just whipped out Kryptonite and one shotted him. It was Green Arrow that beat him anyway.
>>
>>68034950
It's not a joke anymore.
>>
>>68036185
Not seen her in the New 52 yet.
>>
>>68036242
Batman Eternal is where she came out
>>
>>68036242
She is an old chracter that was reintroduced in Nu52 in Batman Eternal
>>
>>68036257
Yeah, was wondering where she was reintroduced.

>>68036252
Sweet, not read that yet. Thanks.
>>
>>68036130
Even if killing the Joker wasn't the right thing to do (it is), I think at this point after so many countless deaths any decent cop worth his badge, no, any decent human being would be willing to be the "bad guy" in this context and put a bullet in him to save the rest of humanity from having to deal with his shit time and time again.

I guess if Joker really is a mystical prankster ghost that might change things, but come ooonn.
>>
>>68036059
>OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAD TO DO THAT, I'M A MONSTER, I'M WORSE THAN HIM, THERE'S NO HOPE FOR HUMANITY moment.
He didn't say that.

He was relieved.
>>
>>68036322
He said it without words in his shameful hesitation to pull the trigger across so many pages. So many hundreds and hundreds of pages.
>>
>>68036331
>hundreds and hundreds of pages
Gordon's had a handful of confrontations with Joker, in most of them he actively shoots the Joker.

In this, it's very clear that he's not hesitating because of morality, he's hesitating because he's scared. Joker literally crawled out from under his bed. He knows Gordon's secrets, and it looks like he's been alive and active for over a century.

He's hesitating because he's scared a bullet won't work.

And he's right.
>>
>>68036130
That he even wasted time talking and not shooting him is just bad writing,
>>
>>68036371
You're just whining for no reason now.
>>
>>68036425
I agree though, being scared means the bullet should have left the chamber sooner rather than later.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 127x95) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 127x95
>>68036425
Nah, he's absolutely right. Snyder's Batman run has been the shittiest, edgiest garbage that DC has put out in a long time. If ANYONE else was drawing this, I would have dropped it ages ago. I stick around because I love Capullo and the way he draws Batman is brilliant.
Snyder's dialogue is like the same person is speaking, every time. He can't get into a characters voice, and when he does it feels forced. His Joker is the worst iteration of the Joker ever, I think it's fair to say.
>>
>>68036483
>Snyder's dialogue is like the same person is speaking, every time.
Man I just noticed that when I was listening to the whole exchange between Bruce, Alfred, and his daughter. I had to count speech bubbles to be sure who was speaking at any time.
>>
>>68036483
Pretty spot on
>>
>>68034380
Okay, I feel I missed something here. When did Batman comics become Crossed-lite?
>>
>>68034580
Why is Gordon stopping to have a phone call while his house burns around him
Why is he smiling and laughing after killing someone - while his house burns around him rapidly
>>
File: 1393188088745.png (150 KB, 328x429) Image search: [Google]
1393188088745.png
150 KB, 328x429
>>68034380
>>68034474
>>68034522
>>68034580
Well it's better than Faceless edgelord Joker, but this is stepping into Pennywise from It territory. I don't think that suits the Joker.
>>
>>68036483
>Edgy
The only thing remotely edgy about Synder's run is the Joker related stuff. Everything else has been fairly tame
>>
>>68036586
Enter Snyder.
>>
>>68036586
Yeah, I usually defend Snyder's work, but that seemed to go against common sense.
>>
>>68036449
He was scared the bullet wouldn't work.
>>68036483
>shittiest
>edgiest
This is a poor argument, and the rest of your argument is just "I don't like it so it's bad."
>>
>>68036586
Did you miss the murderous psychopaths outside his apartment?

Or that he's trying to keep in contact with Batman to see if they've got a cure?
>>
>>68034697
you're just a miserable cunt arent you
>>
>>68036586
He's infected. That's him on the end at the phone. He was beginning to lose it.
>>
Am I supposed to believe that the man who can kick Darkseid in the face cant beat a faggot in clown´s clothes?

Am I supposed to believe that when Joe threatened the family the best Batman could do was jump into the bullet instead of just bataranged the guy?

Jim Gordon being an incompetent fuck

Batman never noticing that the joker was in every old picture

shit/10
>>
>>68036943
>Batman never noticing that the joker was in every old picture
A few old pictures of a hospital.
>implying Gordon was incompetent in this
>implying a batarang would stop a bullet
>implying joker is even there for him to kick
>>
File: pacific-san-diego-cropped.jpg (42 KB, 625x276) Image search: [Google]
pacific-san-diego-cropped.jpg
42 KB, 625x276
>>68036682
Edgiest is a weak complaint since Batman has always been the darker hero.

Zombified assassins is not particularly edgy. Creepy Joker isn't either and once again Synder wasn't the initiator of it. Morrison was for Black Mirror and Daniels was for DOTF. The voice complaint really comes across only when Batman and Alfred Jr are talking about case shit.

Even this scenario is straight from the Damian Batman Future issues during Morrison's run.

Characters like Joker, Lincoln March, Nightwing, Damian, Harper, etc all come out pretty noticeably when they're in panel.

Legit complaints I've seen is that the endings don't really seem to come out with any real changes as they seem to be leading towards and are hyped in. Then again it's possible that Synder just wants to set up big bad returns with baddies like James Jr, OwlMan and Joker which we see is the case with this arc (allegedly). That and his Bruce comes off as a straight up dick sometimes.

As for shittiest version of Joker, it's straight up plothax Joker that works for plothax Batman. To be fair, he always seems to be the bad guy who can screw everyone over because he's the Joker.

See Under the Red Hood, Arkham video games, The Dark Knight movie.
>>
>>68036973
A batarang would stop the one shooting the bullet, tard. See Batman TAS opening. In fact, I dare to say that the current Batman could actually stop a bullet hitting it with a batarang.

Gordon was incompetent by not double checking the Joker was dead

Is highly unlikely that Batman never saw those pictures since they seem to represent part of Gotham´s history. Its also highly unlikely that Batman didnt notice the Joker when he saw the pictures

Go home Snyder
>>
>>68036943
Honestly i'm expecting all of this to be a fever dream.

>Joker managing to infect the JL
>Batman being able to beat an unrestrained JL
>A whole city becoming Joker zombies
>Joker surviving Gordon's bullet
>Joe chill and the recreation of Crime Alley
>Either Joker or Gordon calling Batman "Bruce."

I'm expecting this all to go the way of Perchance to Dream.
>>
>>68037029
>See Batman TAS opening.
And the other episodes where he doesn't throw in time to stop bullets?
>Gordon was incompetent by not double checking the Joker was dead
Are you the same guy bitching about him being stupid for saying in his burning apartment? Now he's incompetent for not stepping into flames to check a burning body's pulse?
>Is highly unlikely that Batman never saw those pictures since they seem to represent part of Gotham´s history. Its also highly unlikely that Batman didnt notice the Joker when he saw the pictures
They represent one part of one part of Gotham's history. As they've shown since the new 52, Batman doesn't know everything about Gotham, otherwise the Owls wouldn't have been a threat at all.

And it's just as likely Joker simply edited the pictures more recently to freak someone out.
>>
>>68037034
Probably but the tweest will be that Bruce was indeed infected with a new Joker venom that will warp his mind into Joker 2.0 leading into The Superior Batman in which Batman uses wacky antics and shitty jokes to fight crime
>>
>>68034380
This have Joker mind controlled JL while other book have Batman beaten Darkseid, thanks Detective Comic!
>>
>>68034391
Wasn't Batman trapped by the Joker at the end of the last issue?

How did he get out? What? He's Batman, so Snyder doesn't have to explain shit?
>>
>>68034396
>laughs. Of course.

Can Synder's Joker (or any other character for that matter) be any more on the nose? This type of meta shit is like blunt force trauma.
>>
>>68037178
> He's Batman, so Snyder doesn't have to explain shit?

>>68034391
We barely made it out of the city and got you to Arkham, Master Bruce.
>>
>>68037178
Can you not read?
>>
>Joker relying on surviving a gunshot for this master plan

It's probably a body double. He's probably got a bunch of brainwashed clones.
>>
>>68037219
>We barely made it out of the city and got you to Arkham, Master Bruce.

Wasn't he already at Arkham? Isn't that where he met the Joker?

And wouldn't it be cool to see Batman escape the trap? Not just be it a off-screen deus ex machina? Fuck if you can't write your character out of a situation, don't put him in one.
>>
>>68037233
"Ayy I'm better than you because I didn't miss a plot point lmaooo i'm not gonna explain it to you i'm just gonna be a faggot ayyyyy"
>>
>>68037284
Old Arkham got messed up because of some shit in Batman Eternal and New Arkham is Wayne Manor for some reasons that I don't know
>>
>>68037284
>And wouldn't it be cool to see Batman escape the trap?
Batman didn't escape the trap. They took him out of it. He was paralyzed.
>>68037296
I guess I am better than you.

The above poster linked the page.
>>
>>68037390
>for some reasons that I don't know
It's because Bruce got blamed for funding Batman and Hush exploded a bunch of Batman's munitions across the city.

So the mayor decided they'd fuck Wayne over by turning his house into an asylum.
>>
>>68037405
lol, i bet you're fun at parties.
>>
>>68037443
Probably more than the guy who whines about everything without bothering to even look at it first.
>>
>>68034513
>Crime Alley
>He knows

CAUSE YOU TOLD HIM, YOU STUPID FUCK!

Fucking hell, Snyder writes Batman like a complete retard that Joker drags around on a leash.
>>
>>68037517
>CAUSE YOU TOLD HIM,
He didn't tell him, he just hinted at it.
>>
>>68036192
*yawn* read that story before Snyder. Stop ripping off Morrison you fuck
>>
>>68034580
jesus fuck gordon, shoot him in the face
>>
>>68034522
>this sheer panic everybody has every time they encounter the Joker

Fucking hell, Batman pissed his pants last issue when Joker showed himself.
He's just a guy. They know they can throw him under a bus at any time, right?
>>
>>68037555
Cops are trained to shoot the torso, it's a larger target.
>>
>>68037561
No. That's exactly the point. Joker isn't just some guy. He's the worst of the worst
>>
>>68034541
Well, we are shit out of luck, cause there's not a stone that Snyder hasn't left unturned in his obsessive need to tell the ultimate story.
>>
>>68037561
>He's just a guy.
Except he doesn't seem to be.

Seriously do you people just look at one page before you start your bitch fests? Gordon just saw evidence of Joker being over 100 years old.
>>
File: b&pi-50.jpg (473 KB, 1200x1838) Image search: [Google]
b&pi-50.jpg
473 KB, 1200x1838
>>68037589
He hasn't told the Batman/Ivy love story yet.
>>
>>68034566
>How could you do it Jim? You are just like him now!
>>
>>68037517
I was under the impression that he couldn't see Bruce's face when he showed him the card but it's also a mistake since preNew52 Batman is canon due to Morrison's long ass epic and Batman RIP confirmed that Joker knew Batman was Bruce Wayne so it shouldn't be a surprise since Bruce knew that Joker, Jezebel and Hurt all knew who he really was when his mind was restored.
>>
>>68037612
>Catwoman is pretty evil now
>Talia is straight up evil now
>Zatanna is totally different now
Ivy x Batman is the only option left, Didio. Make it happen
>>
>>68034772
Sure, Scott.
>>
>>68037664
>>Zatanna is totally different now
They're really trying to ship her with Constantine.
>>
>>68034772
I liked Morrison's work but he didn't write the Batvillains very well.

Riddler practically had no appearance whatsoever.
>>
>>68034772
Synder's Batman is more "grounded" in that he does go around solving mysteries (yes people he does. Go read Synder's stuff again to see actual detecting from Dick/Bruce) but Morrison's run was all about paying homage to all the major eras of Batman and legacy so of course it was this grand sweeping epic where Batman was traveling through time and fighting evil itself.
>>
>>68034580
Awww shiiiieeeettt, Joker is the new host for etrigan.
>>
>>68034461
Is this confirmation the joker isn't human?
>>
>>68035987
>Even Cassandra Cain couldn't read him

And, gee when Tim Drake pulled the same shit, people were in flames.
Fucking "can't read him". Does that mean I could beat up Batman cause I also just flay around like a fish when it comes to fights?
>>
>>68037770
Tim Drake wasn't raised with martial arts as his first language.
>>
>>68036483
>Snyder's dialogue is like the same person is speaking, every time.

Yeah. Him. Looking forward to reading these same lines in the next Snyder interview on CBR.
I can't tell if he likes what he says in the interviews and then puts it in books or he thinks his scripts are such treasure chests of complexity and poetic beauty he just needs to quote them to whoever wants to listen.
>>
>>68034380
I cut off my face but then I got better
>>
>>68034461
2spoopy
>>
>>68037034
Nah, Snyder prides himself on not pulling any punches in his Batman stories.
You know how Joker actually blinded Alfred and cut off the faces of Batkids? That kind of not-pulling punches.
fucking Snyder. I'd say that you are right and that's what is going to happen, but then again, I think he might actually pull a third option out of his ass that's even dumber.
>>
>>68037770
It's about the unpredictability of him. Joker's mind works on another level is what the writers are trying to convey. Cassandra's skill at body reading puts her at a very good advantage even the best hand to hand fighters have tells she can read.

So when you have this warped individual that negates that, it's supposed to tell you that he's outside of the norm. Considering Batman's best asset is his rationality and ability to break down how people think then it becomes a problem because no matter how he looks at it, it doesn't make sense. Again, it's how I think a lot of writers try to justify Joker being so dangerous but one thing that has been consistent with him is that he's an expert at coming up with poisions and toxins so all the little chemistry nods by Synder like the "Ha" Element are excellent and totally in line with even the oldest takes on the character
>>
>>68037427
>So the mayor decided they'd fuck Wayne over by turning his house into an asylum.

Where is Gotham? Communist Russia? That's private property. You can't just seize it for retribution.
>>
>>68034391
>English character
>"COR BLIMEY BLOODY ELL GUVNOR"

Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>68037570
Shoot him when he's down on the floor
>>
>>68037612
Snyder makes explicit the stuff that was there but not spoken out loud in a blunt manner. Joker knows Batman's ID. Gotham is a living entity. Joker is a force of nature. Bruce is just a mask. Joker is in love with Batman.
He just hits you with this shit, proud in the notion that no one thought of this before him.
>>
>>68037630
>I was under the impression that he couldn't see Bruce's face when he showed him the card
Bruce's narration directly states that he was looking right at the Joker and Joker was looking through him as if he were invisible.
>>
>>68037719
Well, that's not writing them badly. That's not writing them at all.
I'm glad he gave us Pyg and all those other fucks. Some fresh blood.
>>
>>68037950
Gotham's insanity defense doesn't hold up in the real world either, it's just a mangling of eminent domain.
>>
>>68037745
>yes people he does. Go read Synder's stuff again to see actual detecting from Dick/Bruce

>I have to go read something from five years ago to see an example
>>
>>68038064
>and Joker was looking through him as if he were invisible.

Guess he wasn't, Bruce. Who could've seen this coming back to bite you in the ass? If only you were the world's greatest detective or something, Bruce. If only.
>>
>>68034970
>Is Joker immortal?
as long as there's a joke to be told there's a joker

u feel me?
>>
Batman fighting Darksied is the dumbest shit ever.

The writers who do that want Batman to be SuperChrist.
>>
>>68034380

>Nothing happened.

BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>68037950
>That's private property.
Technically it belonged to the city after the city seized Wayne's assets. Bruce Wayne is living in a small apartment now.
>>
>>68037983
He's already laying in a fire.
>>
>>68038457
How does he pay for microscopic red suns?
>>
>>68038476
Presumably he purchased those beforehand.
>>
File: pyg quitely.jpg (553 KB, 1280x984) Image search: [Google]
pyg quitely.jpg
553 KB, 1280x984
>>68037719
but he made new villains
>>
>>68037957
BLOO'EY 'ELL THAT'S A ROIGHT KIP THE NIPPERS THEN INNIT
>>
>>68038498
Yeah.

But why bother making new villains when Batman already has the most prolific rogue's gallery in all of comics?
>>
>>68037957
She said bloody once.

And it's become a popular term in America due to American-hating quisling hipsters.
>>
>>68034380
>Joker virus

Wow. Another reused plot. I'm getting a Damianbats Joker virus deja vu.
>>
>>68038511
Unlike Snyder, Morrison wasn't interested in rehashing.
>>
>>68038498
Yea>>68038511
To be fair he's fucking awful at writing regular Batman villians(see Joker, Talia).

Maybe he should to the Pyg's and Jobbersied cultist
>>
File: Batman And Robin #16 027.jpg (403 KB, 1280x1964) Image search: [Google]
Batman And Robin #16 027.jpg
403 KB, 1280x1964
>>68038745
>Morrison's Joker
>awful
>>
>>68038723
Morison was just interested in rehashing the Cult, Son of the Demon, so on etc.

You guys just call the homages and say he doing brilliant hypercrisis wankery.

Fuck Grant Morrison's biggest contribution to Batman is Cassandra Cain with a Penis!
>>
>>68038805
Morrison builds off the stories of the past, Snyder just retells them with all subtlety and subtext removed.
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 1004x574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 1004x574
>>68038798
Garbage
>>
File: joker and hurt.jpg (189 KB, 519x800) Image search: [Google]
joker and hurt.jpg
189 KB, 519x800
>bad
>>
>>68038843
The tongue splitting is all on Tony Daniel, Morrison's script called for a slight nick.
>>
>>68038639
When was Joker virus used before?
>>
>>68038826
You're fucking kidding right.

Grant Morrison the Dan Brown of comics has subtext!!!!!!!!

Year One had subtext.

Infact it was the same subtext Grant Morrison bludgeoned people to death with the in his run.

Every character in his run said Batman was never alone like the people reading his comics where Drew Barrymore in a shitty Adam Sandler movie.

Grant Morrison wouldn't knew what subtext was if it bit him in the ass.
>>
>>68038876
>Morrison's script called for a slight nick.
why? was this in reference to something?
>>
>>68038878

Batman Inc. 5 vol.2
>>
>>68038898
>Year One had subtext.
Nope.
>>
>>68038903
>intent to mislead or deceive —usually used in the phrase to speak with forked tongue
>>
The idea of the Joker being some kind of tulpa is really appealing to me.

Hell, making him vaguely supernatural in any way is pretty much the only way to go at this point.
>>
>>68038921
You mean the future? Wouldn't that be retelling the story?

Wouldn't this just be explaining why there's a Joker virus in the future?
>>
>>68034461
>>68034467
Oh hey, he's ripping off A Serious House on Serious Earth now.
>>
>>68038946
Well he was the spectre once.
>>
>>68038954

Not really.
>>
>>68038959
So he's gonna have Maxie Zues rub shit on himself and Batman fight Killer Croc(aka Satan)
>>
>>68038954
The Joker parvovirus was first mentioned in one of Joker's waking dreams in RIP.
>>
>>68038511
>>68037719
So you just want the same thing over and over again?
>>
>>68038745
>To be fair he's fucking awful at writing regular Batman villians(see Joker, Talia)

>implyng Talia is a good villain
>or even a good character

She's just a lonely bitch that is incapable of living her life without a man in her life. Either her daddy or her beloved detective.

Shit the fact that the same shit Ra's was pulling with her, she then tried to pull with Damian is actually a pretty natural progression of her character
>>
>>68038946
That all ready happened in Arkham Asylum.
>>
>>68038994
This. Seriously, Talia was just a bit of exotic, passive eye-candy in her other appearances. At least she got to do some stuff of note in Incorporated.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.