[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this man's opinion held with such high regard in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3
File: SmithKIndy[1].jpg (241 KB, 568x368) Image search: [Google]
SmithKIndy[1].jpg
241 KB, 568x368
Why is this man's opinion held with such high regard in the comic book community? He made a few good movies I get it, good on him, but why does that equate to Jesse Jackson of comic books? It seems like he blows his load at every decision, no matter how ill advised that is made regarding movie adaptations.
>>
His Daredevil run was bretty good. Also dug his Green Arrow stuff.
>>
>>81044512
He's idolized because he's the living the average comic fan's dream:

-Loves comics and owns his own comic shop, gets paid to write them and guest star in tv and movie adaptations.

-Has enough money to afford to have his friend's toilet fixed after he rips it off the wall by being too fat to poop

-Has a kid, which means he's had sex at least once. Named her Harley Quinn, which means it was with a woman who was at least cool enough with his hobbies not to immediately leave him for suggesting it. Now you might say "She only stayed for the money!", but honestly I think wanting to name your baby girl after a psychopathic clown whore would have been grounds to divorce him and get it all.
>>
>Silent Bob
>Never, ever stops talking
>>
>>81044686
/thread
>>
>>81044686
His wife was the one who named their daughter and suggested that name in the first place.
>>
>>81044512
he's a fat cuck but hes alright
>>
>>81044512
The same reason certain posters care what the majority of anons on a board say about a thing.

We want to suck up to people in a desperate attempt to form some sort of human connection.
>>
>>81044512
Who?
>>
>>81044512
>hy is this man's opinion held with such high regard in the comic book community?
Nobody does that
Fuck off
>>>/tv/
>>
>>81044686
to be fair. she was named that before Harley became a whore.
>>
>>81044512

Because unlike you he is actually a success in life.
>>
>>81044512
Beause he's likable.
>>
>The guy has made good movies
>Made a career from these movies in which superhero pop-culture is referenced all throughout them
>Has wrote a few great comics
>A fan of comics and comic movies
>friends with everyone in the business from Jim Lee, to Paul Dini, and Mark Hamill
>Has his own Comic Book Shop
>Has a Comic Book show that comes on after Walking Dead
>Has like 20,000 popular podcasts including 1 dedicated to Batman/all superhero related stuff
>Is currently directing an episode of the Flash

The guy is fun, kind, and has a sense of humor. It's hard to not like him. He's been around the world of comic geekdom his entire life and has been in the business of comic related things for almost 20 years. The guy's opinions are held in high regard because why not? The guy knows his shit unlike a certain someone who's ruining BvS right now.

In fact he was given the role to the "guy" to run DC's movie universe in the early 00's but turned it down.
>>
>>81047871
>The guy knows his shit unlike a certain someone who's ruining BvS right now.

Speaking of which, he absolutely wrecked Snyder at Comic-Con a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
>>
>>81047871
to be the guy*
>>
>>81044512
Unwarranted fluff because there needs to be iconic people in any field.
>>
>>81044512
>is this man's opinion held with such high regard in the comic book community? He made a few

fuck knows
>>
>>81047885
the guy is completely hilarious, and I don't even think he tries to be. I could literally listen to him talk for hours.

https://youtu.be/Wo2KB1dEDdk
https://youtu.be/53hMYw8LX60
>>
>>81047740
>>
>>81047918
>giant spider
AHAHAHAHAHAHA. holy fuck that's gold.
>>
>>81047918
That's entertaining.
>>
>>81047918
This. He's a great storyteller, not a comedian.

I think Kevin Smith is a pretty great guy.
>>
>>81047918
>people who produce Superman movies are autists that hate Superman
Makes sense.
>>
>>81044512
He wrote one or two good comics and made one or two halfway decent films. That alone puts him head and shoulders above 99% of the people working in either industry.

He's still a cunt, though. And his opinions on movies are generally awful.
>>
>>81048054
How is he a cunt? I've literally never heard that before.
>>
I honestly believe BvS would be much better if jay and silent bob were in it.
>>
>>81048189
>Batman v Superman v MAD SHARKS
>>
>>81048206
All would be fine if Silent Bob just hands Batman and Supes a blunt.. Although I do believe Marijuana wont affect wont affect Supes, so lace it with some Kryptonite dust.
>>
>>81048129
maybe that anon doesn't like Kevin Smith humor.
>>
>>81047871
Yeah. He seems like a super likable dude, but I wouldn't trust his opinions on capeshit. He's too diplomatic say anything is ill.
>>
>>81044844
Actually he's admitted to this.
In his own words "I like to talk, a lot".
I think the character of Silent Bob was created mostly because in real life he will talk endlessly about anything at all and he thought it'd be funny if he played the exact opposite type of person.
>>
>>81048258
He's just very optimistic. He loves Superhero films and only wants them to succeed. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>81048278
That's not the case. He wasnt originally going to play silent bob in clerks. He wrote the role of dante for himself but decided not to do it because he felt he wouldnt be a good actor and found it hard to remember all the dialogue.

He decided to be Silent Bob because he wouldnt really have to act and also can keep an eye on Jason Mewes just in case he decided to fuck around.
>>
>>81048302
I've been to his store and talked with him before while visiting family in NJ.
He's just this nice guy with a good sense of humor, not too rude but just irreverent enough to be pretty funny.

You're spot-on about the optimism thing. I'd be curious to know where it comes from honestly, maybe his religious beliefs or something.
>>
>>81048129
http://www.avclub.com/article/it-turns-out-kevin-smith-only-hates-critics-when-t-209091

http://houseofgeekery.com/2012/10/18/nine-reasons-i-dont-like-kevin-smith-anymore/

He's a special snowflake no-criticism-of-my-movies Dobson-tier Grade A Certified pussy.

The most recent of his films; Red State, Cop Out, and Tusk, are fucking terrible. He refuses to accept criticism, because he's Kevin Smith. He's the guy who says the funny things about other people's bad movies - nobody can say funny things about his bad movies.

He's your average /co/ poster given form.
>>
>>81048331
I think it's because he's been a stoner since 2008. it's made him a very happy guy. if you seen interviws of him from the late 90's early 2000's he has a very different attitude.

maybe he's just gotten old and is living a great life.
>>
>>81048371
It's not even that he's against criticism, but when people are flat out disrespecting him as human being, then it gets ridiculous. There are people who legitimately hate his guts for no reason and will threaten the guy and his family. I don't see how that makes him a cunt.
>>
>>81048431
>It's not even that he's against criticism
He is. He pisses and moans about movie critics "disrespecting" his films. And for fuck's sakes, listen to yourself. Criticism of your films is not criticism of you as a human being. Kevin Smith whines constantly about how everyone is against him or some shit.

No movie critic has threatened him or his family you fucking idiot.
>>
>>81048371
Damn dude that gfunk guy is a hater that article was cracked tier butthurt but pretty much said he dosent like bad things said about him and likes good reviews also red state was a masterpiece
And tusk was pretty good
[Spoiler]gfunk means crystal meth[/spoiler]
>>
>>81048500
>Red State and Tusk were good
No they weren't.

>cracked-tier
Have some more.

http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/a-critics-response-to-kevin-smiths-anticritic-diatribe.php

http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/kevin-smith-attacks-critics-again

Kevin Smith is a gigantic bearded baby.
>>
>>81048458
>No movie critic has threatened him or his family you fucking idiot.
the fuck are you talking about. I am referring of just regular people who critique his films. They blatantly threaten the guy constantly. When it comes to his films being criticize, he mentions it all the fucking time on his podcasts that you clearly dont listen to because he's said that he has made weird movies that people wont like which is fine. He's clearly not refusing it. He gets it.

I wouldnt even blame him for not accepting a movie critiques opinions anyway because why would he? it's his movies. You wont see Zack Snyder admitting BvS being a piece of shit because why would he? It's just common sense
>>
>>81048519
I enjoyed red state excpet the ending. Was enjoyable. Tusk is a different story. Would probably really like it if I was high
>>
>>81048521
>The fuck are you talking about
The part where he's said multiple times that movie critics' opinions don't matter because reasons.

Fuck his podcast.
>>
>>81048519
What could you possibly have against red state its a masterpiece
>>
I'd let Kevin Smith make a Batman movie. Would still beat BvS
>>
>>81048574
Michael Parks was great in it.
>>
>>81048519
Shittiest shitpost ever are you even trying with these articles written by buttmad nobodies fuck off you little bitch
>>
>>81048607
He's just baiting.
>>
>>81048607
Oh shit, Kevin Smith? Sorry nobody likes your horrible new films, tiger. Someday you'll figure out rambling dialogue scenes tied together by vague contrived plots aren't really effective in every situation. Worked great for Clerks, but, then, that's really the only movie anybody gives you credit for.
>>
so what is your favorite Kevin Smith movie?
>>
>>81048629
>implying Kevin Smith know what "shitpost" means
>>
>>81048245
>It took years and cost a fortune. Luckily, I had both.
>>
>>81048629
Omg your pretending im kevin smith you must be the shitposting master of guile but i know your just jealous hes livin the dream
>>
>>81048696
im the real kevin smith. Watch

{Silence)
>>
>>81048696
>omg
>ur jelus hes livin the dream

Are you texting this from some Jersey bus stop or are you that fucking angry?
>>
He's got better at dealing with criticism after he did Red State.

His maximum peak of butthurt was when he stopped giving critics and reviewers free tickets for his movies just because they wrote for a website or magazine.

You can chart some sort of progression if you listen to his podcasts.

Compared to the time around the 2fat2fly shitstorm he's mellowed out a lot.
>>
File: 1375241250930.jpg (30 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
1375241250930.jpg
30 KB, 499x374
This is a shoop.
>>
>>81048732
Not mad bro just having convo like you but you didnt have to misquote me like that, i guess you just cant take criticism too well its cool though
>>
>>81044512
He was an advocate for authenticity (making the movies resemble the comics) back when nobody else was.

Also, he actually likes comics as opposed to a lot of /co/ who just bitch about them.
>>
>>81048794
I remember jeph loeb said something about smith being a big help in getting comic writers into film and tv
>>
>>81048631
Zack and miri was pretty damn good but my favorite would have too be dogma that movie was crazy
>>
Has anyone actually seen yoga hosers i know its shit but i wanna hear/co/ tell me how awful it truly is, if any one actually enjoyed it unironically then tell me why it wasnt complete shit
>>
File: ChenFish.jpg (78 KB, 395x416) Image search: [Google]
ChenFish.jpg
78 KB, 395x416
>>81044512
Because in the 90s, where nerdom was shunned in the mainstream, before the prevalence of the internet: he was the 1st nerd on the inside. He built up a following and respect through that. I find him a bit of a shill/tool nowadays, but back then, the dude 'had your back'.
>>
>>81044512
Literally FUCK KNOWS.
He has pretty (well, exceedingly) plebian taste for one thing and spazzes out over every capeshit film/series announcement...I would like to see his collection, though. Johnathan Ross may be a bit of a tosser but at least he really knows his shit and has fairly diverse taste, not just muh capeshit.

Having said that, really been liking his last few films, though. And he seems like a decent fellow and all.
>>
I want to fuck his daughter so bad
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.