[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Storylines you think would make perfect movies, I'll start:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 2466052-ultimate_venom.jpg (67 KB, 940x325) Image search: [Google]
2466052-ultimate_venom.jpg
67 KB, 940x325
Storylines you think would make perfect movies, I'll start:

Ultimate Spider-Man: Venom
>Fallout of a childhood friendship
>Sons respectively dealing with the legacy of their fathers
>Symbiote as cancer cure makes the Venom symbiote a tragic figure in its own right, "good intentions" etc
>Horror element of uncontrollable transformations, rage and cannibal hunger

I still go back to reread this arc as an adult and marvel how no one has had the balls to do this storyline. It's one of the best Spidey arcs, and one of my favorite comic book stories of all time.
>>
>>80711012
ASM2 kinda' adapted it.
>>
how did you miss the easteregg the production company posted a while ago of the locker? It was posted ages ago. This is exactly what they were going for with the reboot... until that went to shit too. But it could have been easily worked into the Venom stand alone.
>>
>>80711054
Post pics? I'm assuming this was for the ASM series

>>80711033
They tried to go for something similar but it missed the mark since there was no connection between Norman Osborn and Richard Parker' Oz formula outside of boss/employee relationship.
The original story has more weight because Peter and Eddie's friendship is an echo of Richard Parker and Brock Sr.'s friendship. They are walking in the footprints of their fathers, and it's hinted at that the friendship was similarly ended because of Brock Sr.'s rage and use of the Venom suit.
>>
>>80711012
the symbiote, with everything its capable of, coming about from an attempted 'cure for cancer' rubs my suspension of disbelief the wrong way.
>>
>>80711225
As opposed to an alien garment acquired on a world made by a god-like entity who for some reason kidnapped a bunch of metahumans, including a guy dressed in red and blue spandex with spider powers?

The "grounded" version of ultimate was originally intended to act as a suit which uses the various elements in our bodies to fight back cancer. The problem with the suit is that it doesn't know how to stop; even when the cancer is cured, it continues to eat away at the person using it unless the host consumes another human being. Having little knowledge of biology or medicine I apologize if the explanation is a little half baked, but its easier to connect to than ALIENS! TENTACLES! TEETH!
>>
>>80711012
Fantastic Four origin:

>Movie begins in 1960s New York
>Scientist Reed Richards and his girlfirend Sue and her brother engineer Johnny build spaceship because 60s space race
>rival country Latveria also plans on building spaceship to beat USA in space race
>Latverians boast about how they're so close etc. US is scared Latveria their rivals will win.
>Ben Grimm friend of Reed Richards and fairly involved with the space project is told to sabotage Latverias rocket lab otherwise Reed's rocket project is withdrawn.
>leading Latverian scientist Victor Von Doom gets caught in the explosion from Ben's sabotage
>Reed and co. Launch their rocket but government tells them to take Ben along (as a thank you to Ben).
>The crew in space celebrates that they won the space race, Ben reveals he actually sabotaged Latverias ship.
>Reed is so angry he doesnt notice Johnny warning him about cosmic radiation because they're all fighting.
>They make an emergency landing back on Earth and are effected by radiation and start developing powers
>Von Doom now is recovering but badly scarred so wears metal armour, visits priests who teach him magic because he is told he is not going to live
>A while passes, Fantastic Four have learned how to use their powers. Doom is a well known and respected politician/leader and source of inspiration (he survived despite the odds) in Latveria
>launches an attack on the USA because he finds out his equipment has obviously been sabotaged
>government sends the fantastic four to stop him
>they showcase their powers in the fight against Doom and eventually defeat him, working together
>a while passes, Reed has forgiven Ben because he feels reaponsible for turning him into the Thing.
> Reed is building new technology and has married Sue.
>>
>>80711012
Silver Surfer: Devolution minus all the fantastic four clusterfuck.

>Surfer gets powers stolen by high evolutionary who starts creating a 'new world' with the power cosmic
>galactus defeats evolutionary in epic battle of power cosmic and gives surfer his powers back
>surfer defeats evolutionary's herald/underling

Does /co/ not like Devolution or something?
>>
>>80711509
That sounds pretty good.
>>
>>80711509
I really like the idea of FF as a period piece. I've always found Dr. Doom's use of magic and science fantastic as well, but it seems like nobody understands how to mix that on screen. I like the idea of Doom's magic and science as a sub-conflict within the movie maybe, nothing overt but it's there.

How do you feel about bits and pieces of Ultimate FF? Tracing the childhoods of Reed and Victor, running them parallel, having them both go to the Baxter building etc. It could easily work as a period piece, keeping these conflicts personal
>>
>>80711602
I think, condensed, the first 3 arcs of UFF would be a fantastic movie all on its own
>>
>>80711559
I haven't read it, does most of it take place in the larger galaxy? I feel like there's going to be a greater demand for space opera judging by the great turnout for Guardians and Force Awakens
>>
File: Total control.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Total control.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>
>>80711641
Nah it's all on Earth, but I figure it could feature his origin on Utopia where everyone is fleeing in escape pods and he remains behind with the military to fight Galactus, then sacrifices himself to save the planet.

great read too.
>>
>>80711702
That shit was the fucking best.
>>
File: Ultimate.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>80712137
>>
>>80711622
I totally agree. While I hated Doom's goat leg metal powers and Vlad Dracula origin (van Damme?), tying him into Reed's formative years was great, same with the Mole Man. I could easily see it playing out pretty much as a trilogy:

1st film:
>Reed and Victor childhoods, both misunderstood. Absentee fathers: Reed's dad low key loathes him, Victor is raised by his mother in a gypsy camp in Latveria. Victor's mom is a witch of some sort
>Showing off their kid genius intellect: Reed builds scifi stuff with his friend Ben acting as heavy lifting in exchange for tutoring; Victor goes to sleep with a science textbook and a grimoire
>Something happens that attracts the attention of the Baxter Building: Reed testing his teleporter, breaking into the N-Zone, Victor sending his mother and superstitious villagers to another dimension with a magic tech device after they are both attacked
>Baxter building shenanigans as teenagers proceed as they were, eventually the two work together, though Doom is secretly using the teleportation experiment under the hope that his mom is alive out there somewhere. While this is going on, lessons by the future Mole Man, who gets fired a la FF vol 1
>Testing teleporter, Doom fudges with the coordinates to where he believes his mom to be (how did he get this info? through magic?)
>experiment goes haywire, FF and Doom blown across the world, wake with powers. Tracked down by Baxter ppl, Doom can't be found and Sue's location seems to be underground
>FF vol 1 proceeds, FF fight mole man, ends with Reed wondering solemnly where Victor is
>Ends with Victor, scarred/burned, waking at the foot of a Himalayan temple, where he begins his ascent into Dr. Doom-hood
>>
>>80711012
Bendis used to be good.
Bagley's art style was great too, really showed the shift in demographics. After Bagley left it just didn't feel like Ultimate Spider-man anymore.
>>
>>80712905
2nd Film would be a year after, Reed still trying to cure Ben and find Victor. Doom is alive, having completed his training and donned his mask off-screen (or maybe that happens at the beginning of the movie, immediately following the events of the first) building an infrastructure in 3rd world latveria, toppling a dictatorship and establishing a free-zone a la UFF, attracting great minds and idealists for the sake of creating a utopia while still trying to find his mother. He blames Reed for his disfigurement but is doing bigger and better things with his time, recreating the teleporter so as to find his mother. The first experiment sends some sort of shockwave, UFF come running, and just as Doom seems on the brink of success, Reed stops Doom. They get thrown through the portal as it closes. They are forced to find their way out of a hell dimension that forces them to come to turns with each others pasts, discussing science and magic. They find Doom's mom in this place, or what seems like his mom, and thats where my imgnation runs dry
>>
>>80711338
I'd just find it more believable if it came out of a more ambitious project and also happens to be able to cure cancer

like, as is its like if while some ordinary joe was designing a new mobile phone he accidentally invented a green lantern ring
>>
>>80713261
I think there were undercurrents of Roxxon, who employed papa parker and papa brock wanting them to make a super soldier suit and employing them under false pretenses, but I can't be sure. More than likely Roxxon used the cancer cure story as a cover in order to hire well-intentioned bright minds to create a suit that repairs damaged tissue and grants super strenth
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.