[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People are getting upset about Agents of SHIELD never getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
People are getting upset about Agents of SHIELD never getting referenced by the movies. They have a completely one-sided relationship, with SHIELD picking up any scraps they can to seem relevant to the movies (Coulson being the Avenger's source of intel on HYDRA and being the source of the Helicarrier).

I think the problem with AoS is the scale, or lack of.

SHIELD is supposed to be the connecting glue of the MCU. They are supposed to be the ones who show up when a new Avenger appears and when a new villian threatens to take over the world.

Only AoS can't do they. They lack the budget. You can't have big budget actors appear in each episode or Hollywood-tier effects.

Plus, now they are trying to portray the Inhumans situation as a global, world-changing catastrophe. Maybe even bigger than the Battle of New York. But none of the movies are referencing it. Not even the other shows are referencing it. The whole Winter Solider crossover event wasn't the result of well planning, the writers had to completely change the premise of their show because the movies called for the fall of SHIELD.

I don't think connecting the movies and TV shows are inheritantly bad like the rest of /co/ does. But I think they should be on the scale of Daredevil or Jessica Jones. More personal stories that occur on a smaller scale. Or, in the case of Agent Carter, weaving together established events.

SHIELD had a flawed premise to begin with. They could've had their cake and eaten it too had they just made the show a Secret Warriors show from the start. The premise of the show should've been written with the idea of "small-scale" in mind.
>>
>>80545246
Introducing Inhumans, at least on the large scale they did, was a mistake.

Unless they could've worked something out with Marvel Studios from the start to at least put a throwaway reference in the films from the start, they should have never tried to go large scale.
>>
people who complain about this are reddit tier idiots.
it's so obvious that it's not as simple as asking fuckin chris evans to pop on by the set and just "be" in the show for an episode.
contracts, money and all that shit is obviously the reason they don't do it.
>b-b-b-b-but HURR DURR NICK FURY
fuck off
i do wish the netflix stuff did cross over though. i don't think less of them for not doing it but at least they can act unlike half the fuckin cast of AoS.
would be cool shit.
fuck you clark gregg. kill yourself
>>
>>80545246
Scale has always been SHIELD's issue.

They are a TV show trying to be as impactful as the films on half the budget and 1/4 the audience in the shadow of a studio that ignores their existence.
>>
>>80545404
Secret Warriors would've been such a better show premise. They could've still even had most of the same cast.

The entire premise of the series a team is going by unnoticed by the government or superhuman community at large. Works both for television and on a meta level.
>>
I kinda disagree.

Would it have been so hard for Joss to include a 20-30 scene of the Helicarrier arrival with Coulson, May, Fitz, Sky, and Simmons piloting the Helicarrier, and defending it from Ultron's forces as the Avengers fight in Sokovia?

Everyone knows Coulson is alive at this point, Lady Sif has had more interactions with him than Thor has.

I think the NuHumans storyline is the best thing to happen to SHIELD ever since Season 2. Attilan and the Inhumans storyline is a huge exposition dump and having the NuHumans/Terrigan Mists spreading throughout the world take place prior the everything involving Medusa and Black Bolt makes more sense.

SHIELD is at it's strongest when it chooses not to be dependent on whatever canon the movies may or may not have established, whether that be Hydra/Inhumans/Secret Warriors/Hydra's true history and Hive/etc. It's so much better than cleaning up London after Thor 2.
>>
>>80545246
>People are getting upset
>it's just some anons on the other thread sperging
I mean, I dig AoS and all but since day one it was obvious they coudln't tackle any problem that had any real impact in the MCu
I had my hope that this season's premise of Secret Warriors would make a change for good, but that seems like it's going nowhere
I still like Quake and Deathlock, and I wish someday they make an apearence in the movie but that's probably never gonna happen
>>
>>80545404
>on half the budget
Far, far less than that. I thought this was well put together as an overall look while keeping their usual silly tone of "examining" a movie or series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt6uagFjJsU
>>
>>80545528
>Would it have been so hard for Joss to include a 20-30 scene of the Helicarrier arrival with Coulson, May, Fitz, Sky, and Simmons piloting the Helicarrier, and defending it from Ultron's forces as the Avengers fight in Sokovia?
>Everyone knows Coulson is alive at this point

Devil's advocate: People who don't watch the show are going to be like "Didn't he die in the first Avengers?! What the fuck is going on?!"

Better to have that scene without Coulson.
>>
They probably could have done it back in S1 before the Inhumans business, back when it was just Coulson and his team doing Avengers damage control. Too much change has been done with the Inhumans and the Hydra history that makes it difficult to integrate it back to the movies.

At this point I couldn't care any less anyway
>>
>>80546790
True, but everyone else is fair game. Your average movie goer would be like "Oh, SHIELD's back and good again! Oh! Look at this new superhero using vibration blasts to tear apart waves of killer robots!"

But I get your point. I guess it's just a bit awkward for Maria Hill to be vague about her "friends' valuable intel on a Hydra base", or Fury being very vague and non-specific about who's running neo-SHIELD and overseeing the construction of a new Helicarrier. But at least with Fury, misdirection and secrets is part of his character.

God knows they could have trimmed down that farm scene to give time for that cameo.
>>
>>80545246

Another problem is SHIELD is the official Law Enforcement response to these threats. It doesn't make any sense NOT to have them or some agency like them.

Hipster start up SHIELD makes no sense. Where are they getting their funding? They have no authority to arrest and contain people like a real government agency does or they used too.

"No more SHIELD" is the dumbest thing in the MCU.

>>80545404

That's kind of meta if you think about it.
>>
>>80545528

>Would it have been so hard for Joss to include a 20-30 scene of the Helicarrier arrival with Coulson, May, Fitz, Sky, and Simmons piloting the Helicarrier, and defending it from Ultron's forces as the Avengers fight in Sokovia?

I was hoping for this so badly. It would of been great.

>>80546790

I know you're playing Devil's Advocate, but fuck those people. Seriously. I'm an advanced fan, I pay attention to everything going on. They could of easily wrote in lines like

>Avenger: Wait, Phil is alive?

>Phil: It's a long story, I'll catch you guys up when we're not fighting off murder bots.

Boom. If the audience gets on Facebook and complain about it you can easily tell them their is a show they can watch if their actually interested in more than shit-posting.

I'm really, honestly fed up with holding casuals hands throw all this. Pay the fuck attention or go watch something less involved like Chick Flick #405056 or Cuckolding the Kardashians.
>>
I've always wanted like in Avengers 3 for one of the Avengers about to fall to their death and Coulson picks them up.
>>
>>80549315
>"No more SHIELD" is the dumbest thing in the MCU.

It's actually a fairly brilliant move. SHIELD had spent decades in the shadows, so secret that Tony Stark - a man who spends his days schmoozing with government representatives - had never heard of them - and his own father had sat on their leadership Council! Then, after New York, they were big. Bigger than big. Donald Trump YUGE! The HYDRA coup was the best thing that ever could have happened to them, because it allowed them to slough off all that excess fat and get back to where they used to be, to be the agency that Peggy Carter and Howard Stark had wanted them to be.
>>
>>80549795
>SHIELD had spent decades in the shadows, so secret that Tony Stark - a man who spends his days schmoozing with government representatives

He might have just been facetious. SHIELD wasn't an unknown organization, people knew they existed.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.