[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Rebels - Darth Giantess Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104
>Rebels Mid-Season Trailer
https://youtu.be/LJyxPDEvo9U

>New Rebels Clip: (Princess Leia CONFIRMED, New Episode Airs January 20th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmPBFBjNHVE

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy
>>
>>79098198
>Not Snollum Edition

You had one job...
>>
TWO MORE DAYS
>>
So I am making a /co/ recommendations Guide for the Canon material, I think it could help a lot because we always seem to get people asking "Is x good?" each thread. But obviously, I am going to need more opinions than just my own, so how about helping out?

Comics:

>Star Wars
http://strawpoll.me/6575081

>Vader
http://strawpoll.me/6575096

>Princess Leia
http://strawpoll.me/6575101

>Kanan: The Last Padawan
http://strawpoll.me/6575107

>Lando
http://strawpoll.me/6575110

>Vader Down
http://strawpoll.me/6575116

>Chewbacca
http://strawpoll.me/6575121

>Shattered Empire
http://strawpoll.me/6575128

>Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir
http://strawpoll.me/6575135
>>
File: Obi Wan likes flying for once.gif (532 KB, 480x264) Image search: [Google]
Obi Wan likes flying for once.gif
532 KB, 480x264
Previous Thread: >>79087889
>>
>>79098237
Which "Star Wars", cAnon? There's been three at the very least.
>>
File: rebels.png (211 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
rebels.png
211 KB, 500x278
Is this pic an accurate representation of Star Wars Rebels?
>>
since ashoka left the jedi order do you think she went around the galaxy exploring her newfound sexual liberation until the empire outlawed such lewd activities inwich she responded by taking up the alias fulcrum
>>
>>79098274
context clues mate
use them
>>
>>79098309
Nubs this is intended for ain't gonna know, mate.
>>
>>79098237

That's too much work, the Darth Vader Annual with Leinil Yu is A+, basically the best any kind of non-film Star Wars thing can be.

The Star Wars arc drawn by Stuart Immonen is also a goofy apex for the comic with "everyone gets a lightsaber for one battle" and a nice range of character moments.

Everything else adequate, exactly as alright as it can be.
>>
>>79098290
She probably tried to go be with Lux Bonteri and then took up being a Jedi again after the Empire killed him.
>>
>>79098275
Pretty much
>>
>>79098275
Needs Luminara's freshly preserved corpse for the full effect
>>
>>79098231
>Gollum falls into Mount Doom with the One Ring
>uses it to magically transport into Star Wars
>horribly burned by lava, fashions the snoke identity as the Ring allows him to become the new Dark Lord
>can finally sit up straight
>the knights of ren are his Wraiths

This is all coming together too well. We're onto you, JJ, you hack!
>>
>>79098366
Wasn't the Onderon arc supposed to be the end of Lux x Ahsoka?
>>
>Anovos Stormtrooper kits have started shipping

Woo
>>
>>79098418
Just the beginning after Ahsoka drops Lux's new girlfriend
>>
>>79098290
Well, in some of the reels that weren't finished she did meet a guy that was working as a mechanic
>>
>>79098418
The garbage nigress he was into there died, he just needed time.
>>
>>79098459
>there will never be a lewd spinoff prequel to rebels called "fullcum"
>>
File: SteelaHS-WoTF.jpg (33 KB, 512x672) Image search: [Google]
SteelaHS-WoTF.jpg
33 KB, 512x672
>>79098461
Garbage nigress? Get your eyes checked. Well... maybe is just me and my taste for chocolate girls
>>
>>79098407
The visual clues are all there, too:

>Luke's skeletal fingers
>Nobody meets Snoke in person. He's dangerous to be around
>Even beaurocratic aids like Phasma wear tooth-proof body armour
>Snoke's audience chamber is a small 'island' in a cave inside a mountain...
>>
>>79098541
She was s god awful character, thoroughly unlikable and I cheered when she died. There are vastly superior brown girls m8.
>>
>>79098554
>Phasma wear tooth-proof body armour
Implications accepted. Sexy implications.
>>
>>79098198

no more /swr/ in the thread titles?
>>
>"You know, I thought real art had stopped with Picasso, Joyce, and Mann. Now I know it hasn’t."

>Joseph Campbell, legendary mythologist and author of The Hero With A Thousand Faces, to George Lucas after having watched the Original Trilogy for the first time

BTW, it's really hard to find a good picture of Joseph Campbell.
>>
>>79098290
There's a sequence in the unfinished episodes of TCW Legacy where she is riding a bike and has an accident, then some 'cute dude' comes and helps her. Pic is her outfit in that sequence. I think we deserve a comic from those episodes at least.
>>
File: the-clone-wars-steela-gerrera.jpg (43 KB, 750x380) Image search: [Google]
the-clone-wars-steela-gerrera.jpg
43 KB, 750x380
>>79098461
>Garbage nigress

Please, Steela was GOAT. That whole arc was actually criminally underrated, even if it felt like it drug on at times
>>
>>79098639
Honestly, who are we kidding at this point?
>>
>>79098681
No. Shit tier character and boring as fuck arc.
>>
>>79098639
There were never any rules, of course. As long as the title is searchable in the catalog for easy discover (as opposed to accidentally putting the thread subject in the name field, etc) it works.
>>
>>79098692
I'm asking because I liked it on account of my lazy ass finding it easier to search for when I missed a few days on /co/
>>
>>79098593
Yeah, she was meh. But I didn't cheered when she died because I felt bad for Lux.
>>
>>79098639
It depends on whoever makes the thread. If it's someone that doesn't try to push a stupid fetish, /swr/ is usually added to the title.
>>
>>79098722
>/swr/
>the title is searchable in the catalog for easy discover

He gets it
>>
>>79098662
I wonder how he would have felt about the Prequels and TCW. Considering he looked at Star Wars first and foremost through the eye of a mythologist, I figure he'd like them just as much for their expanding greatly upon the mythos. Lucas was a dedicated student of his, after all
>>
>>79098681
It was interesting from the point of view of average people dealing with the problem themselves rather than relying (at least 100%) on magic monks and duplicate men. Good early exploration of the potential beginning of the Rebel Alliance, too. Plus it had Anakin firmly endorse the idea. Nice job, there, future Vader.
>>
>>79098779
He would have liked the Poetry
>>
>>79098755
/swr/ works, I suppose. It's certainly unique enough. I tend to search for "rebels" since there have been tons of Star Wars threads with the new movie out. Only time I ran into the wrong thread was a storytime for that comic called Rebels.
>>
>>79098783
>tfw Anakin had set the Empire up to fail numerous times throughout the course of the Clone Wars
>First with the 'birth' of the Rebel Alliance through the Onderon Rebels
>Then by helping Yoda off Coruscant to go on his Force ghost quest
>tfw Anakin indirectly assured the survival of the Jedi Order
>>
>>79098811
I remember people discussing this a looong time ago in TCWs threads. How the Prequels were more the more fantastical types of fantasy stories with the underwater bubble cities and other alien worlds. The OT was closer to a more, ah, realistic version if you give them a pass for the technology. Outside some of the monsters and of course the cantina patrons the worlds are very mundane (even if the idea of single biome planets urks the fuck out of certain people).

I'm doing a shit job remember or properly describing the conversation.
>>
>>79098845
The birth of the rebel alliance happened before the clone wars even started. The whole Loyalists group was a thing at the start of AOTC, and continued through ROTS' ending and into the dark times. Bail, Mothma, Padme and the like were all part of it. Had Padme not died, she would have been a prime rebellion leader, unless she got nuked on Alderaan with Bail.
>>
>>79098783
Anakin was always rebellious, even as Vader. He hates authority that isn't his own. Why do you think he's always killing the Imperial Officers be has to serve with? It's not because of failure, but because their attempts at leadership irritate him. He kills practically everyone who ever tried to tell him what to do save for his mom and Tarkin, but if the latter wasn't blown up with the Death Star he probably would have been choked to death too.
>>
i'd just thought of something
doesn't the "force" seem out of balance in the show, they got all these rouge jedi groups appearantly and inquisitors and lone force users running about.
I think were in for some based Vader balancing the shit out of things
>>
Why is she so fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXrDPTLAqbE
>>
>>79098845
I really like it. It establishes that Anakin wasn't just a fallen hero destined to screw over his own friends and then fuck up the galaxy before he finally murders his boss. Anakin, when he was still a hero, helped lay the groundwork for several key moments that later helped those who came later fight him.

It's not just ironic pottery, though it is, it's like everything he went through wasn't for nothing. He wasn't built up as a hero just to make his downfall more palpable.
>>
>>79098997
Tarkin was his friend
>>
File: splinter of the mind's eye.jpg (69 KB, 500x778) Image search: [Google]
splinter of the mind's eye.jpg
69 KB, 500x778
>>79098903
>I'm doing a shit job remember or properly describing the conversation.

Lucas framed Star Wars like a documentary following R2D2 and C3PO as they bumbled through the 'real history' of a forgotten past.

The lived-in quality was meant to reflect this. In fact Vader is just the Heavy Guy second to Tarkin.

Then once it became a hit he could be more adventurous. By RotJ he was more concerned with merchandising than narrative in some places.

With the Prequels there's just no filter, it's pure George without refinement or clarity. Phantom Menace is arguable a worse screenplay than George's original for The Star Wars back in '77.
>>
>>79098997
Tarkin was Vader's equal in the Empire, though. There is no way in hell Palpatine would have let that slide without some form of massive punishment on Vader.
>>
>>79098999
The Inquisitors will all be dead by the end of the series and yeah, Vader's going to put Ahsoka and Kanan out of their misery. Ezra has a different fate than that though I think, but I don't know what yet.
>>
>>79098912
I'm aware of that. I more meant in the interest of getting people to fight for themselves
>>
>>79099090
Kanan may survive. He is a watered down Kyle after all
>>
File: 1453081645733.jpg (248 KB, 900x774) Image search: [Google]
1453081645733.jpg
248 KB, 900x774
Post Mandos actually deserving of said title.
>>
>>79099176
You posted one.
>>
File: 17237236.jpg (449 KB, 1700x1200) Image search: [Google]
17237236.jpg
449 KB, 1700x1200
>>79098198
What if Ahsoka was 100ft tall?
>>
>>79099147
Kanan will survive by cheesing Vader with a rocket launcher.
>>
>>79099051
Tarkin was nowhere near the level of friendship that Anakin had with all the Jedi he killed, including Obi-Wan. Do you really think he would care even a little about killing Tarkin in a world where his wife has already been dead for 20 years and he finally just killed his best friend in the entire galaxy? I don't, not one bit.

>>79099077
Palpatine would have killed Tarkin himself for the magnificent failure of the Death Star, he would not have said a word against Vader doing it for him.
>>
>>79098999
The Force was already out of balance when the Dark Side assumed primacy
>>
this >>79099051
being a sith don't make you a 100% autistic loner
remember the two pale weirdos in rotj that hang around the emperor like his personal entourage he likely told them jokes about the times vader fucked up keking his signature laugh behind vaders back
>>
>>79099176
Bait. She was a pussy. Felt bad for Obi-Wan since he lost the love of his life, but she was pretty shit.
>>
>>79099176
title of... duchess? Not really. I always thought a duke/duchess had to have some kind of superior monarch. Is Mandalore a duchy? Do they pay feudal tithes to a higher power? Or did the writers once again just slap a random title onto a planetary ruler and expect it to work?

Should've just called her President. Not enough presidents in Star Wars.
>>
File: CanderousHS-KOTOR.jpg (355 KB, 826x1222) Image search: [Google]
CanderousHS-KOTOR.jpg
355 KB, 826x1222
>>79099176
>>
File: 14nlcvKRL1sd0g7no1_400.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
14nlcvKRL1sd0g7no1_400.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
>>79098275
You'll never go to Disneyland with your Twi'lek waifu, your hyperactive children and your purple dog.
>>
>>79099147
Nah, his fate is sealed. There can be only one and the characters in this show are set up to be martyrs.
>>
>>79099305
Yeesh, now that I'm not 16 anymore, Canderous just seems like a giant loser.
>>
>>79099320

More like your purple uncle and grumpy orange cat.
>>
>>79098999
I think it comes down to the idea that the Balance must be connected to something real. It has to be an actual thing, or else it is just a meaningless phrase. All we know is that Anakin was believed, by the Prophecy of the One who will Bring Balance to the Force is that will will destroy the Sith who wish to see the Force, and the galaxy, in Darkness. Rule by threat, slaves, authoritarian bullies, executions for even minor offenses often without trial, etc etc.

There is one anon in these threads who hates the idea that Anakin didn't just Balance the Force for all times. That Lor San Tekka mentioning the Balance was just one characters theory and didn't really matter. However it seems central to this. If the Sith can destroy the Balance by spreading the Dark Side, via galaxy wide suffering, then the Jedi can do what they were always meant to and preserve the Balance. This seems to be what Snoke truly fears and why he is obsessed with hunting down Luke.

So thematically Star Wars can be seen as the Prequels having the prophecy, the chosen one, the coming of darkness, and the downfall of the Jedi with the chosen one becoming Vader, the Emperor's apprentice. The OT is fighting the darkness of the Empire, the new hope, Luke redeeming his father, and the death of the Sith. The darkness of the Sith is broken but the galaxy isn't yet in balance because it still needs to heal. The Jedi could work to bring a new era of peace just as they did thousands of years ago when the Sith were first believed extinct only Luke's Order was killed. The sequels will be about the true return of the Jedi. The foundations of the new Order and their place as protectors of the peace and the Balance.

Frankly this would have been done anyway but so much time had passed they needed Luke to have a failed Order in-between to explain the state of affairs. It's a "reboot" of his attempts, a delay so that it explains why this is all happening thirty years later and not sooner.
>>
>>79099265
She did the right thing.

>>79099326
Nah, I sense they will show up in the next series.
>>
>>79099334
What makes you say that? He hasn't soured on me all these years yet.
>>
>>79099399
Just hanging around shooting things because that's the only thing he knows how to do, then sealing himself into armor because he's afraid he'll start crying because his new warlord left him? Not very manly.
>>
>>79099391
The next series, if there ever even is one (and that future is very much in doubt), will take place after RotJ and none of them are going to be alive, save for maybe Zeb and Chopper.
>>
>>79099334
>wants to reunite his people and's smart enough to know that helping the sith means enslavement of his people
>loser
satine wouldn't be where she is if he didn't exist
>>
>>79099176
It's funny that even as peaceful as the New Mandalorians were supposed to be Satine still packed heat and the cadets weren't adverse to kicking someone's ass if necessary.

Even in peace the Mandalorians didn't lose what makes them special: something to take away from Karen Traviss and make her and her fandalorian legions foam at the mouth
>>
>>79099448
Anon, he's not Wrex.
>>
File: 019-star-wars-theredlist.jpg (2 MB, 1967x2946) Image search: [Google]
019-star-wars-theredlist.jpg
2 MB, 1967x2946
>dad found this going through his old stuff in the basement today
Fucking radical
>>
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 512x288
>>79099147
>>79099090
As much as i would like Kanan to survive all the show. Its pretty obvious that he will die sooner or later for Ezra to mature
Just as Ashoka he is meant to die.
>>
>>79099446
>not sensing the rise of Darth Filoni
Anon, trust in your feelings for you know it is true
>>
>>79099448
Well, he didn't exist, so she was where she was without him...
>>
>>79099478
Eh, BioWare kind of copypasted Canderous for Wrex. They're extremely similar characters.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (23 KB, 311x473) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
23 KB, 311x473
Why is Tarkin so popular? He only appeared in ANH and died in a very not cool way.
>>
>>79099521
Canderous is an apologist. Wrex isn't.
>>
File: 1453096439563.gif (75 KB, 290x350) Image search: [Google]
1453096439563.gif
75 KB, 290x350
>>79099521
>being this retarded
>>
>>79099542
When he spoke Vader listened
>>
>>79099542
He's just that cool anon. Also he's Peter Cushing.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>79099542
Peter Cushing's performance that made him out to be a magnificent bastard. I don't personally find him that interesting, but I'm not blind to the appeal.
>>
>>79099214
Is that some kind of fetish?
>>
>>79099176
The truest Mandalorian is the one who picks the greatest battle and wins. What, then, could be a greater battle than to fight the warrior self within the heart of every Mandalorian? To resist the warrior heritage and lay down your arms!

The Mandalores of old would have kneeled before her.

I mean they no doubt wouldn't but still to go against their heritage and upbringing was one helluva fight. Shame she saw her people reverting to their old selves and everything she fought for ruined before she died.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 286x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 286x475
QUESTION

I'm finally going to tackle the NJO.
I've read Tatooine Ghost.
If I read The Thrawn Trilogy + Hand of Thrawn duology, will that be enough context to jump into VECTOR PRIME?
>>
File: happy.gif (450 KB, 430x239) Image search: [Google]
happy.gif
450 KB, 430x239
>>79099176
Do you think she and obi-wan fucked like animals while he was guarding her?
>>
>>79099709
At least nobody here wants to farty super bad.

It's the lack of falling into fetishes, fanfiction, creating Darthsonas, etc, that has allowed these threads to survive where so many fandoms have fallen so low. The worst we have is waifu wars.
>>
>>79099745
It's exactly what I did over 10 years ago and it worked just fine for me.
>>
>>79099550
Apologist? Canderous is trying to ween his Mandos off of the teet of Sith manipulation, but I don't remember him ever apologizing for what his people did in the war. Krogans have the excuse of getting screwed over badly by the genophage, but even Wrex talks a lot about how low his people have fallen and how they're leading to their own extinction instead of growing as a species.
>>79099566
>you turned off your targeting computer
>>
>>79099745
I recommend stopping when the Hand of Thrawn duology implies a wonderful future of adventure, love and wonder for the main cast.
>>
>>79099713
That's just Star Wars for you though
One set of tragic endings leading onto more tragic endings
>>
>>79099760
How else do you think Rey Kenobi's ancestor was born.
>>
File: jeditemple.jpg (597 KB, 2249x1466) Image search: [Google]
jeditemple.jpg
597 KB, 2249x1466
Found this on Stack Overflow today in the fandoms section, is the thing about the Jedi having a tower of the temple dedicated to the CIS a thing? I cant find any reference to it.
>>
>>79099778
Cool thanks.

Just out of curiosity, did you mean you read the 5 Zahn books, or were you including TG?
>>
>>79099797
Buttblasted Legends PDF guy detected.
The point is to read the NJO, Zahn's stuff is just prep.
>>
>>79099779
>Canderous is trying to ween his Mandos off of the teet of Sith manipulation, but I don't remember him ever apologizing for what his people did in the war
This is not what 'apologist' means in this context. Canderous believes that his people's ways are right and true and honorable, even though they are genocidal warmongerers, and the sellsword remnants of his people have forgotten true Mandalorian ways. Wrex thinks that the Krogan ways require rethinking and believe his people are idiots.

Canderous would have gone down the exact same path given the opportunity. It's simply what he believes in.
>>
>>79099867
i know

don't
>>
>>79099760
Nope. Obi-Wan never would have crossed that line without actually leaving the Jedi Order. It would ruin the distinction between him and Anakin, which was the whole point in creating her character to begin with. She was his Padme and was meant to show how differently he dealt with those emotions compared to Anakin.
>>
>>79099903
He would have left if she asked.

She didn't.
>>
>>79099779
there is even a dialogue somewhere where you ask him to apologize but he doesn't and says he did what needed to be done
>>
>>79099483
while Kanan dying wouldn´t really suprise me I think that they are going to go down a different route

season 2 is going to end with Ezra turning to the dark site after Asoka gets killed in front of his eyes by Vader.

Kanan is then going to go through a crises until he finds obi wan.

obiwan realizes that he sees much of himself in kanan and decided to train him so that Ezra doesn´t have to suffer the same fate as anakin.
>>
>>79099828
I read Tatooine Ghost, but I believe it hadn't come out yet before I started the NJO. Hell, the NJO was still going when I started reading it.
>>
File: 1449936788286.gif (647 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1449936788286.gif
647 KB, 500x281
Took my Granddad, who was a huge Star Wars fan but stopped keeping up with the franchise shortly after RotS, to go see Force Awakens.

When we got out he asked me if Rey and Ren were Jaina and Jacen Solo.

Had to break it to him that the old EU is gone.
Fuck.
>>
>>79099903
I swear the EU ends up giving pretty much every major jedi a gf/bf/fuckbuddy at some point.
>>
File: tumblr_mrrwvcOGFi1s1d168o3_1280.jpg (165 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrrwvcOGFi1s1d168o3_1280.jpg
165 KB, 640x480
>>79099953
>>
>>79099542
bad guys showing respect for another is an pretty awesome yet only rarely featured trope.
His interactions with Vader were one of the few scenes that made Vader look almost human.

plus Tarkin was kinda a big deal in the empire before he died so that alone makes him interesting
>>
>>79099869
Oh! My bad, yeah.

But I never said they were carbon-copies, just that they have a lot of similarities.
>>
>>79099932
Yes, which is why they never had sex or anything like that. It was all or nothing for Obi-Wan, either he was going to leave the Jedi for her or embrace the Jedi path fully and forsake his love for her. Unlike Anakin, he knew he could not have it both ways. There was too much danger and darkness in such an action. Her character exists solely to illustrate this key difference between Master and Student.
>>
>>79099901
????
I'm prepared to read some shit books.
But I hear stuff like Traitor and TUF make it worth it.
>>
File: 1451883757926.webm (3 MB, 960x408) Image search: [Google]
1451883757926.webm
3 MB, 960x408
Daily reminder that this was a 'kids show'.
>>
>>79100029
Sex isn't against the Jedi Code
>>
>>79099953
But they are, so he was on the right track.
>>
>>79100040
It just doesn't end well. Just peters out, and the next arc just makes it even more meaningless.
>>
>>79099542
You're talking about a series whose fandom idolized a guy in cool armor who did nothing other than get knocked into a sand butthole by a blind man who wasn't even trying.
>>
>>79099774
>The worst we have is waifu wars

It's not even a war here, at most you'll get some back and fourth banter that bleeds off when something else happens in the thread. I've seen actual Waifu Wars, and they are legitimately that, wars in the thread that will nuke any real discussion and turn it into shit.
>>
>>79100086
>just doesn't end well.
I love Luceno and i've been told that TUF is a great finale.
Do you not agree?
>>
>>79098237
>Vader down has a 4/5 majority
>Shattered empire has a 4/5 majority
>Son of Dathomir has a 5/5 majority

Holy shit guys pull yourselves together, all three are 3/5 at best.

The rest are accurate though.
>>
>>79100054
Yes it is. It's unspoken, but celibacy is expected. The key lesson to be taken from it is that emotions are a huge part of it. Obi-Wan would not have had sex with anyone, let alone Satine, because he knew that the emotions were there. Dabbling in that is the path to the dark side, and he recognized it. This isn't difficult, stop trying to make your headcanon about Obi-Wan fucking Satine catch on when the point of that character arc is plain as day.
>>
>>79100135
There's a certain point of darkness where you just ask 'where's the point of it' and give up.

Like when the entire Young Jedi Knight cast got offed in one book.

The NJO cycle just gutted the universe and made it drab.
>>
File: 1422924227619.jpg (87 KB, 940x600) Image search: [Google]
1422924227619.jpg
87 KB, 940x600
>>79099542
>Why is Tarkin so popular?
Peter Cushing. Many people liked that man and by extension, the Star Wars fandom liked Tarkin.
>>
>>79100125
Happens now and then, usually when the show is active. Some people were really into Aresko, others were really against people into Aresko mentioning they were into Aresko every thread. Declarations of Aresko fans being "BTFO" after a certain episode.

Just one example. Saw similar with Tua. There are just odd times when the fans here go to war against each other. I mean this is a Filoni show, we all know what it's like when he murders someone. But if you show the slightest bit of empathy or humanity you're the dreaded "hugbox".
>>
File: CloneBrutalDeath.webm (2 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
CloneBrutalDeath.webm
2 MB, 1280x544
>>79100048

The best kind of kids show.
>>
>>79100171
In your opinion man.
>>
>>79100048
More like Star Wars: The Clone War Crimes, am i right?
>>
>>79098819
I also search for 'rebels', there's been so many editions and sometimes people don't always remember to post everything in the description, the only thing consistent is the title
>>
>>79100176
whoa you mormon calm down, just because they fumbled around in a closet once or twice doesn't mean Kenobi's jedi purity cockring exploded
>>
>>79100192
Which post ROTJ universe killed off Han again?
Oh.
>>
>>79100244
I'm not against character death. I'm against setting the galaxy on fire.
>>
>>79100171
I would have given Shattered Empire a 3/5 but Shara Bey was enough to bump it to 4
>>
>>79100196
That's smalltime compared to other fandoms. They do tear into each other like hungry dogs, for liking someone they don't like.

Even during the Tarkening, only a few people were actively cheering.

But I will say this, I don't know how we are going to act when Ahsoka is kill because I know several people are waiting for the 'Ahsokafags BTFO' posts.
>>
File: 1432778004146.jpg (279 KB, 778x1178) Image search: [Google]
1432778004146.jpg
279 KB, 778x1178
>>79100220
Bugs ain't people
>>
>>79100244

Han was a dead man walking ever since ESB, his story arc was done and his corpse was just shuffled around by Lucas in spite of him having nothing to do. Hardly comparable to killing off trillions of people and leading the writers down the rabbit hole of being increasingly edgy.
>>
>>79100176
Lucas himself said that the Jedi were not celibate. Jedi are only forbidden from forming attachments to one person, because it interferes with their judgement. A Jedi can't allow themselves to put the safety and needs of one person over the safety and needs of the galaxy/Republic.

There's nothing preventing Jedi from having one night stands.
>>
>>79100324
>>79100283
I can dig, anon.
>>
>>79100283
>>79100324
OK, thanks, I guess?
>>
>>79100283
>>
>>79100283
>>79100324
This is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen an autist do on 4chan in my 11 years of coming here. Just fucking why?
>>
File: 1339395361925.png (6 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1339395361925.png
6 KB, 400x400
>>79100283
>She was hurt... I just wanted to help her
That's creepy man.
>>
>>79100374
You're missing the point 100%, just stop.
>>
>>79100244
>Which post ROTJ universe killed off Han again?
>Oh.

Which post ROTJ universe killed off Chewbacca again?
Oh.

>>79100441
What point exactly is he missing? He's right. Jedi aren't celibate.
>>
>>79100244
But Han isn't the universe, anon.
>>
>>79100201
That scream.
>>
>>79100374
I think the point is that with Satine it would not be just a one night stand, he loved her.
>>
>>79100471
That Obi-Wan and Satine never had sex because that goes against who he is as a character. She was created as a character to show that unlike Anakin he was appropriately detached and committed to being a Jedi.
>>
>>79100471
chewbacca was made ino an effeminate joke in TFA tho, he might as well be dead
>>
Reminder that Ezra will kill Ahsoka after her duel with Vader and join Old Master as his apprentice
>>
>>79100411
what got posted? Looks like im late
>>
>>79100283
>>79100324
should've given her bigger tits 2bh
>>
>>79100565
shooped naked corpse daisy ridley into regular naked d-rids
>>
>>79100553

The fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>79100565
That pic of Daisy Ridley naked as a corpse from some crime show she was on once, except the anon photoshopped out all the bruises, blood, wounds, etc to make her look "alive". And said what >>79100440 greentexted. It was fucking weird.
>>
>>79100524
>>79100526
That's all fine and dandy. But if you were trying to tell that anon earlier(not me) that, there was no reason to say the Jedi were celibate. It adds nothing and is false.

>>79100201
Someone needs to make a webm of those droids tearing open escape pods from the Malevolence arc

>>79100553
>hating Chewbacca
The hell are you talking about anyways? Chewie was as good as ever in TFA. I also don't see how that has anything to do with what be said.

>>79100565
Some autistic anon made a cutout of the nude Daisy Ridley corpse from a crime show and also made a non-corpsey edit.
>>
Will Maul fail at being a teacher as bad as he does trying to run a sustainable organization?
>>
>>79100696
No, he succeeds and keeps the Sith alive to resurface when Snok is finished.
>>
>>79100696
Or keeping his legs attached to his body.
>>
>>79100696
Probably, he's going to push him into the Dark Side and he will resist it, instead of coaxing him to it.
>>
>>79100696
He already did, Savage was his apprentice and look how that turned out?
>>
>>79100696
He wouldn't have failed if he hadn't Peeved the Sheev
>>
File: 1371743522761.png (15 KB, 158x151) Image search: [Google]
1371743522761.png
15 KB, 158x151
>>79100649
Oh I did see that. Yeah given it was just a screenshot from a tv show its not quite NSFL territory, but its still pretty fucking creepy.

I'm scared that anon is still hovering around the thread, I hope he got ip banned.

Also if anyone cares I think the show was Silent Witness.
>>
>jedi are celibate
So you're telling me Jolee never got freaky with a Wookie lady? Damn.
>>
>>79100816
>Jolee
>rules of the jedi order
pick one
>>
>>79100816
Jolee stopped being a Jedi long before living on Kashyyk
>>
so I just finished the clone wars series and I hear that its continued in the comics? which ones?
>>
>>79100801
Why would you be scared of someone posting in the thread? The only people who should be afraid are those he knows irl since he's clearly Norman Bates.
>>
>>79100904
Dark Times is the series name.
>>
>>79100904
Only Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, and I guess Kanan: The Last Padawan.

Then there's the StarWars.com Story Reels, and the Dark Disciple Novel.

And that's everything TCW.
>>
>>79100910
Dunno, he might start posting pictures of the bodies he keeps in his basement or something.
>>
File: Untitled-2.gif (23 KB, 222x325) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.gif
23 KB, 222x325
These are the dubs you are looking for.
>>
>>79101004
I dunno, my hero Plinkett got away with this
>>
>>79101020
No, but apparently it is the basic addition. 10+10=20
>>
reminder

https://soundcloud.com/davidglenrussell/ahsokas-fate
>>
>>79101099
Does a multiple of 2 count as a "double"?
>>
>>79101099
FUCK YOU THOSE DUBS WERE MINE
>>
>>79100904
There's a few continuations.

Dark Disciple -Ventress/Voss arc

Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir -Maul arc that sort of continues his story but no final conclusion yet(he may return in Rebels)

Story Reels -two arcs that are not fully animated on StarWars.com

Kanan - comic centered around Kanan from Star Wars Rebels. Most of it is flashbacks to the time of the Clone Wars.

Star Wars Rebels is kind of a spiritual successor and some TCW characters have appeared/will be soon.

>>79100937
1. That's not a continuation of TCW
2. It's not canon.

>>79101004
Maybe he's that dude from /b/ who killed some woman, posted pictures of her body on 4chan, and left her body to be discovered by her son.
>>
>>79098681
Oh the Onderon arc, my brother likes to shout "FOR ONDERON" when doing something exciting just to annoy me. It was a good arc, but not that good.
>>
>>79100565
You can always search desustorage.org as long as the post wasn't deleted before it was archived. And isn't illegal so they delete it there too.

I wish I hadn't looked. What the actual fuck.
>>
>>79101208
>Maybe he's that dude from /b/ who killed some woman, posted pictures of her body on 4chan, and left her body to be discovered by her son.
What?
>>
File: ani.png (184 KB, 348x379) Image search: [Google]
ani.png
184 KB, 348x379
>Obi-Wan: Anakin, you are crazy. Spinning is not flying.
>Anakin: But it's a good trick.

What did he mean by this?
>>
This thread is a lot better than the last one
>>
File: 1451175422832.jpg (120 KB, 800x618) Image search: [Google]
1451175422832.jpg
120 KB, 800x618
>>79101311
I don't think so.
>>
>>79101311
That's because the anti-TFA retards are asleep and can't shit up this one with their autism and shitposting. Must've been Australians.
>>
>>79101268
It means that spinning is a good trick and is only beaten by The High Ground.
>>
>>79101135
Not unless they were both at the end.
>>
>>79101378
Trying to be fair to the Australians, I guess, maybe it's someone in the US who has school.

And all the implications that implies.
>>
File: DepaBillaba3.jpg (320 KB, 1079x1011) Image search: [Google]
DepaBillaba3.jpg
320 KB, 1079x1011
>>79101410
>>79101378
Guys pls

Let Qui-Gons be Qui-Gons, and lets talk about shit we like for once, instead of what we dislike.
>>
>>79101505
I like orange butt cheks. Your turn.
>>
File: image_11.jpg (135 KB, 735x582) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
135 KB, 735x582
>>79101478
It started at 2 or 3 AM U.S. central time last night, so I really don't think so. Definitely a different country, if not Australia (but let's be honest, it's been well documented that they are responsible for a significant amount of the shitposting across the site)
>>
>>79101244
Yep it was fucked up. Not gonna post it here but here's an imgur link

http://i.imgur.com/QFmL2YH.jpg
>>
>>79101505
B-Wings are awesome.
Space battles are what got me into the franchise.
I came close to getting a huggable plush Chewbacca and a couple of the Infinity figures.

...though there are places that my attention should really be going, like actually sitting down and watching The Clone Wars.
>>
File: Ahsoka19.jpg (170 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka19.jpg
170 KB, 1280x544
>>79101533
Uhh, well, umm... Jedi fashion. Very... Practical.
>>
File: IMG_20151215_213113.jpg (44 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151215_213113.jpg
44 KB, 600x449
>>79101608
Those hips... hnnnggg.
I want to be her padawan.
>>
>>79101597
Okay.
>>
>>79101654
Are you deaf?
>>
>>79101574
That's fucking awful.

>>79101597
This is bait.
>>
>>79101597
You're not my supervisor
>>
File: Damn.jpg (51 KB, 366x602) Image search: [Google]
Damn.jpg
51 KB, 366x602
>>79101608
Those alien hips, jesus CHRIST
>>
File: 1453005521282.png (227 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
1453005521282.png
227 KB, 640x472
>>79101536
What is it with Australians?
>>
>>79101533
Blue tits > Orange butts

Case in point: >>79101608
>>
>>79101574
This happened near where I grew up. Scary stuff.
>>
>>79101574
That's horrible. I'm so glad I only come here.
>>
>>79101783
They're from the future, apparently that messes with body chemistry or something.
>>
File: 1452087778698.png (214 KB, 541x595) Image search: [Google]
1452087778698.png
214 KB, 541x595
>>79101787
At least orange butt cheeks survived order 66. Just kidding, f a m. we are all friends here. Blue tits it's hot and orange buttcheeks gets hotter in season 3.
>>
>>79101802
And there are people who say the tumblr hugbox isn't real. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 1452888761319.jpg (183 KB, 900x1233) Image search: [Google]
1452888761319.jpg
183 KB, 900x1233
Are you ready to watch Ahsoka die at the end of this season?
>>
File: 1384912388222.gif (2 MB, 302x194) Image search: [Google]
1384912388222.gif
2 MB, 302x194
>Just saw the new rebels trailer
>Looks pretty cool, empire gaining power
>Leia appearance, guess that makes sense
>Yoda appearance, uhhhhhh
>Darth Maul appearance, seriously, what the fuck?
>A fuckin lightsaber with a hilt

I enjoyed Rebels for standing as it's own thing. It had a cameo here and there where appropriate, but mostly created it's own story. This entire trailer focusing on nothing but "What from the other series will make a guest appearance in rebels next?" is killing me.
>>
File: 1452951532299.gif (999 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
1452951532299.gif
999 KB, 500x225
>>79101917
Yes.
>>
>>79101917
I'm not, but I was looking for this pic. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>79101917
I'm preparing myself, i knew it would happen, but i thought that Filoni would drag it to the third season before killing her
>>
>>79101960
>where appropriate
>implying the lando cameo wasn't shoehorned
>>
File: Ahsoka03.jpg (58 KB, 400x565) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka03.jpg
58 KB, 400x565
>>79101917
She's my waifu, but yes, it's time.
>>
>>79101917
She's going to live. Forever.
>>
>>79101960
>I enjoyed Rebels for standing as it's own thing.
That's what I liked about it too. I'll see how it goes before I consider dropping it.
>>
>>79101608
C-can twi'leks and humans interbreed? Aayla's breeding hips are making me feel some kind of way
>>
>>79101990
R2D2 and C3P0 was shoehorned. Working with scum and seeing a recognizable scumbag who is implied to have MANY adventures prior to his first appearance isn't bad.
>>
>>79102046
Yes, unless that clone deserter in TCW was just a cuck raising someone else's kids.
>>
File: Cripple 4 Life.png (781 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Cripple 4 Life.png
781 KB, 900x600
>>79101917
>implying Ahsoka will not get mutilated but survive
>implying Ahsoka is not Snoke
>>
File: Suufamily.png (231 KB, 400x575) Image search: [Google]
Suufamily.png
231 KB, 400x575
>>79102046
Yes.
>>
>>79102046
Yeah, there;s actually an episode in TCW about a single mom Twi'lek and her halfbreed kids, and then Cuck-Sorry, I mean, Cut, is man enough to be their adoptive daddy.
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (7 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
7 KB, 187x269
>>79102046
you bet they can
>>
>>79102046
There was an episode of a clone with a Twilek wife. It's not clear if the children were his or just children he married into the family with.
>>
>>79102088
He is, Clone's can't reproduce.

The Twi'lek mother just has human fever apparently.
>>
not trying to bait, but does anyone think Disney will have any of Luke's trainees survive or still be around?

It's honestly the one thing I can't forgive about TFA/new canon.

Hoping for Luke and Rey to 'get the band' back together Blues Brothers style in 8 or 9

>Kyle, we're getting the Order back together
>Jan won't let me go!
>cue music number in Space Harlem
>>
>>79102113
>>79102104
>>79102046
if I got to fuck that i'd raise someone else's kids
>>
>>79101990
If it had been Han and Chewie, I would agree, but Lando is believable. Yoda was a bit much though and we're getting him again. Maul surviving TPM was already ludicrous, but since they did it they might as well give his character a real conclusion here. If we get Luke and Obi-Wan, then there's a problem.
>>
>>79102171
Same desu.
>>
File: swr.jpg (198 KB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
swr.jpg
198 KB, 1333x2000
>>79098198
do you guys actually enjoy the humor of the series?
i find it pretty lame because it goes always the same routine.

>ezra or kanan say or do something goofy
>followed by annoyed/arrogant look from sabine / hera

well I guess only men can be comedian relieve nowadays
>>
>>79102204
>Implying woman can be funny.
Stop it.
>>
>>79102204
Kanan has been legitimately funny from start to finish. The rest of the humor is kinda' flat though.
>>
>>79102081
Not really. They are owned by one of the founding fathers of the Rebellion.
>>
>>79102258
woman actually sale slap stick humor way better because they can do more with their voices
>>
>>79102171
nah mate, daughter will grow up to a cumslut, son will grow up to a proud warrior
I would be a proud father
>>
>>79102204
It's hit or miss. Kanan's jokes are all pretty great. I like Zeb outside of his interactions with Ezra, but with Ezra it's pretty much as you said. Sabine is fine, Hera is fine. Chopper is great. Mostly it's just Ezra's lines that bug me, but he is the main character so that's a pretty big deal.
>>
>>79102204
No, not really, it's always just "LOOK AT CHOPPER BEING SO GRUMPY AND QUIRKY XD SO RANDOM" or exceptionally bland attempts at "witty banter".

>>79102336
Get a load of this bullshit. Absolute nonsense.
>>
>>79102104
Those aren't 'his' kids, though. The Clone War was barely a year old at that point, for him to have full grown children would have been impossible. Newborns perhaps. Unless clone sperm contains growth accelerating hormones
>>
>>79102408
Chopper has been consistently psychotic. Nothing "so random" about it.
>>
>>79102383
did sabine or hera actually ever get featured in a comedic way?
all I remember is them looking annoyed with the stereotypical "oh those stupid boys look"

doesn´t help that they are so flat and uninteresting
>>
>>79102497
Sabine is dogshit but Hera has potential.
She's my mommyfu.
>>
>>79101536
This going on in the thread right now is what I meant. It's 4 on the US east coast, someone obviously just got home from school, ate the nice meal his mom cooked for him, and then it's off to troll the interwebs instead of doing homework. "Objectively."
>>
>>79102522
yeah hera at least seems to kinda care.
sabine on the other hand is just a "badass/cold" mary sue.

I mean think about it. everybody in the crew likes and respects her (unlike ezra) and she never gets confronted with any challenge (again unlike ezra)

rebels really sucks with female characters especially compared to clone wars
>>
File: defense of Stalingrad.jpg (92 KB, 450x298) Image search: [Google]
defense of Stalingrad.jpg
92 KB, 450x298
>>79102204
You can either have good comedy or a PG rating. They ARE mutually exclusive.
>>
>>79102497

Sabine has the art thing as a visual gag twice (the picture of Zeb and Ezra, and the picture of Kanan and Rex).
>>
>>79102609
no teen titans was able to pull off funny and serious at the same time.

but it´s not so much my problem that the comedy sucks
I think it´s more like >>79102383
said. it´s annoying to constantly see the main character act like a bumbling idiot
>>
File: hera.png (118 KB, 342x200) Image search: [Google]
hera.png
118 KB, 342x200
>>79102204
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56CsUJEdZOQ
It has it's moments (like the one in the video) but most of the time is Kanan, Zeb and Chopper doing or saying something funny ALSO, HERA IS THE BEST GIRL
>>
>>79102663
i don´t remember that
>>
File: Sabine_prank_graffiti.png (2 MB, 1362x1262) Image search: [Google]
Sabine_prank_graffiti.png
2 MB, 1362x1262
>>79102663

The Kanan and Rex one was good too.
>>
>>79102727
I agree that works fine.
actually feels like star wars.

I was more talking about scenes like in "Always Two There Are" were Rex and Ezra chase each other which ends with both getting hit in the face while Sabine just makes faces in the back ground.
I mean that is just slap stick at that point
>>
>>79102263
I did laugh when when Ezra told Zeb to "keep his head down and you won't get hit" and then Ezra hit his head on a pipe in Always Two There Are
>>
>yfw Vader kills Ahsoka after torturing her with memories of Anakin
>yfw the Clones die
>yfw Ezra goes to the Dark Side
>yfw Darth Maul returns as a puppet of the Emperor
>yfw the rebellion begins slowly falling apart
>yfw Revan holocrons incoming
>yfw Rebels is finally starting to enter into that shits hitting the fan stint that Clone Wars finally hit

Can't fucking wait.
>>
>>79102833
You mean Ezra and Zeb when Ezra runs headfirst into a pipe?

Because the little shit deserved it. Jedi bragging moment where he didn't see that one coming. Not even sure why this confuses people. Ezra is a fourteen year old boy, he's supposed to be socially awkward, just as Sabine is a 17 year old girl, she's authentic that she feels above things and far more mature. After all, she routinely murders people with guns as part of her cultural heritage.

Kanan just has this Peter Pan thing going 60-70% of the time. If he's not in his serene "Jedi Master" routine then he's letting his inner rogue run rampant. Even on missions he doesn't always act completely serious, which Ezra noted back when they were searching for Luminara.
>>
File: 1451771816908.png (93 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451771816908.png
93 KB, 300x300
>>79102915
>mfw when all the characters that I like from TCW die.
>>
>>79102915
I dont think reven will look like he did in the eu
kids might confuse him with kylo
they do after all look very much like each other
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.