[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Civil War Spider-Man costume rumors! Source: http://www
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 558982863130d.jpg (117 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
558982863130d.jpg
117 KB, 940x529
New Civil War Spider-Man costume rumors!

Source: http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/captain-america-civil-war-spider-man-costume-scene-

>To be more accurate, Spidey wasn't in the scene they were filming outside my place, but they were reviewing VFX work on a macbook pro after filming for the day.

>I only knew they were VFX shots because the guys were doing things that were impossible to be filmed on the day (Cap throwing his shield at a full IronMan suit flying in the air, etc) and from my admittedly distant view, it looked photoreal and not an animatic.

>After the action beats, there were several shots of Spidey sitting or standing on the edge of a building next to (I believe) Ironman and several other super heroes. He was visibly shorter than everyone which was a pretty cool look. You could really tell he was a kid. Overall the suit looked pretty similar to the Andrew Garfield Amazing Spiderman 2 outfit with the large comic-booky eyes, except this time they were extremely reflective. I've since read rumors about him having goggles, but from what I saw they were the same large spidey-shape we're used to, and there was no visible strap around his head. It makes sense that they could be reflective glass, though. (Basically chrome eyes - not white or matte silver.) The only reason why this stuck out to me was because Spidey's eyes were reflecting the setting sun.
>>
>>78921997
>But take all of this with a grain of salt as far as final designs go. At that time they had flown multiple actors out here for screen-tests, so no one had been locked down as Spider-Man yet. Plus with the other obvious-CG shots, I'm assuming the outfit I saw was fully CG, and could just be a placeholder. (Like I said, from what little I saw, it looked a lot like the 2nd Garfield Spider-Man movie, which admittedly is extremely close to the comic design.)

>The only thing really sticking out to me are those patches on the arms. I didn't catch that at all from what I saw. Basically the only takeaway I had at the time is that the general shapes were very much the Spidey we know. It wasn't the weird tapered swirly basketball crap from Amazing 1, nor was it a patched together costume a kid would make. The eye size was comparable to the last Andrew Garfield film, but were highly reflective like glass. All in all it just looked like a good Spider-Man....just one a good couple of inches shorter than the rest of the Avengers. I didn't see anything lower than his hips, I think, so I don't know if he had shoe soles or anything like that for his feet. Truthfully if my buddy didn't bring it up in this thread, I really wouldn't have chatted on the internet about it because there isn't a whole lot different about the overall design from what I could make out. It was just cool to see Spider-Man. :)
>>
So...he looks like Spider-Man
>>
>>78922659
I think its more important to note that it doesn't seem like they're doing some shitty homemade costume or anything like that.
>>
>>78921997
>no armpit webs
I hope it's fake. Feige said Spidey's suit is classic Other than armpit webs nothing could be done to make it more classic than ASM2 suit (besides the symbol, eyes size, but that's minor things).
>>
>>78922932
Could be the symbol on the back is the tick-looking spider.

Also, the reflective eyes makes me think back to the 70's Nicholas Hammond costume.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 829x1192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 829x1192
>>78921997
Don't fuck it up, Marvel. I've started digging Tom Holland casting so if his suit is perfect too then this is gonna be one dope-ass Spidey.
>>
>>78921997
can some drawfag draw up what he looks like/color based on descriptions, also when will we get to see it for ourselves?
>>
here's the non-broken link btw

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/captain-america-civil-war-spider-man-costume-scene-description-lands-online
>>
i'd have figured there would be more discussion in this thread
>>
>>78923336
>also when will we get to see it for ourselves?
Who knows. Maybe not till the movie actually drops.
>>
>>78923695
What more is there to discuss? It's mostly hearsay and conjecture... no definitive proof. If we go by this account, it'll be similar but different enough from the ASM2 suit... the only thing standing out being Spidey's height compared to the others, his new reflective eyes, and "patches" on his arms. Nothing to get out of this but a photoshopped image of ASM2 Spidey with chrome eyes.
>>
>>78923824
I'd honestly but a ticket for opening night just to see the new Spidey. Maybe that's what they're going for?
>>
>>78923913
I think that's what they want. I'm sure the same is applicable to a lot of people.
>>
>>78923824

There's no way they aren't going to show him in the media blitz to CW.

They need to tell people that Spiderman is going to be in it.
>>
so basically this guy said a bunch of vague general things and then covered himself further by saying the suit was CG and could have just been a place holder. so when hes proven wrong he can still say he didn't lie.
>>
>>78924038
>They need to tell people that Spiderman is going to be in it.

Do they? Its already pretty common knowledge. And Marvel movies sell on their own merits now. They don't NEED Spider-Man to be in the movie for it to well, its just an added bonus. Might be the edge it needs to outsell BvS.

No. Not trying to pull a console war. Just saying.
>>
>>78922932
What fabric would they even make the armpit webs out of? Seems like they'd be a hindrance.
>>
>>78924463
Nylon, like the comics.
>>
This doesn't negate the web pits exactly, because to really notice it he would have to raise/extend his arm. Now when he says patches, does he mean the red doesn't flow to his hand like that rumored Spidey merch?
>>
>>78924391
>Do they? Its already pretty common knowledge.

Not to the average person who just watches trailers.

>. And Marvel movies sell on their own merits now.
If you have the potential to get more money, you're going to do it. Why would they not show SpiderMan? By showing him, they can grab the casual SpiderMan fanbase.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 175x289) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 175x289
Might as well post this again
>>
Anyone who thinks Marvel will or should keep Spidey out of the marketing is retarded.

Marketing Spidey's involvement in Civil War is the main reason Civil War will easily beat bvs at the box-office.
>>
File: 1452585420506.jpg (116 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1452585420506.jpg
116 KB, 720x960
>>78925106
>red patch on arm doesn't go into body/shoulders
>doesn't go into clothes
>cobweb web pattern

TRASH
>>
>>78925235
Or, you know, it could look nothing like that.
>>
>>78924038
when is the media blitz to the CW
>>
>>78921997
>Big bug chrome eyes

THIS PLEASES THE DICK
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.