[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Lame, one dimensional, villains >Jam packed with lame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: Spiderverse.jpg (400 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Spiderverse.jpg
400 KB, 900x1366
>Lame, one dimensional, villains
>Jam packed with lame multiverse characters, most of which I don't care about.
>Too damn long! Even without the tie ins.
>And finally shit tier timing, just six issues after his return and you're giving Spidey a big event now? Really Slott?

Spiderverse is shit.
>>
Tell me something new, OP.
>>
>>78608229
>And finally shit tier timing, just six issues after his return and you're giving Spidey a big event now? Really Slott?

That one's not quite Slott's fault here. He actually wanted to do it during Superior Spider-Man, the logic being that it would be neat to have what is essentially Professor Moriarty leading a bunch of Sherlock Holmes-es. Editorial told him to hold off until Peter came back. This is why Madam Webb woke up from her coma screaming that "All Spiders must die!" about halfway through Otto's tenure instead of when Peter busted Silk out of Ezekiel's apartment-prison.
>>
>Ok what are we gonna do with all these cool spider-men ?
>I know, they will be all meat shields !
>Only the 616 ones are key characters

At least some tie ins were ok i guess.
>>
>>78608229
We know that already
>>
It kinda had to happen before Secret Wars.
>>
Spider-assassin.
>>
File: Spider Assasin.png (751 KB, 637x614) Image search: [Google]
Spider Assasin.png
751 KB, 637x614
>Killed by Daemos
Mfw they killed off the most based multiverse Spiderman while the stupid ones made it out. Spider Cowboy, Mangaverse Spiderman, Indian Spiderman, ect.
>>
The entire event should have been about Earth 001 Spider-Man.
Instead he only appears in like 20 pages MAX
>>
>>78608229
I'd want a Spidey-verse movie
>Maguire
>Garfield
>Mcholland
>some new guy playing Miles
>some chick playing Spider-Gwen
Think about it
>>
>>78608229
That cover is rad as fuck, though. Feels pretty /m/.
>>
Who's a bad enough dude to story time all of it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bw1OlVdZ2U
>>
>>78610566
The killed of Japanese Spider-man's giant invincible robot in one page
He literally just showed up to be destroyed

Spider-verse wasn't any fun
>>
>introduce character who wears red and blue and a mask
>treat this as some sort of twist
>>
File: may cosplay.jpg (114 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
may cosplay.jpg
114 KB, 640x960
>>78610777

He killed off Mayday's dad just to give her an edgy REVENGE IS BAD ARC that was resolved in under half a panel

he literally went out of the way to fuck over the happy ending universe
>>
File: The-Amazing-Spider-Man-014-012.jpg (147 KB, 624x600) Image search: [Google]
The-Amazing-Spider-Man-014-012.jpg
147 KB, 624x600
>>78610777
But anon, don't forget that Miguel & Steam-Punk Spider fixed him up again. Only thing that peeved me is he was just in one God damn page in the finale.
>>
The Spider-Friend massacre is what set me off.

I get the impression that Slott was THAT GUY in many nerd clicks back in high school
>>
>>78608229
it was completely wasted
single panel kill offs, resolutions
and that tired peter 'that's not who we are'

it was a war, for survival. creatures that had killed 'hundreds' of spidermen (and lets not forget collateral damage)
>>
>>78608229
punkspider
superiorspider
gwenspider
realspider
???spider
hamspider
vaginaspider
blackspider
whatthehellisthatspider
clonespider
>>
File: 1451729066335.jpg (334 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
1451729066335.jpg
334 KB, 900x1367
>>78611523
>???spider
That's Spider monkey
>>
>>78611915
Luke Cage doesn't look different
>>
>Spider-verse wasn't any fun
I think Spiderverse would have been much better if they made it a fun event, instead of making it all dark and serious.
>>
Will we see Spider-Bitch again?
>>
>>78608229
In other news, the sun is shiny, water is drinkable and it's natural for people to have sex drive.
>>78612560
It wasn't even dark or serious.
It was garbage shock value.
>>
>>78612560

Didn't the Ultimate cartoon just have the vampires web up the spiders and drain their life force?

Why not just use that as a plot. It makes sense.

good lord I just used Ultimate as an example of how to do shit right.
>>
Pete and Jessica are both Avengers. Why the fuck didn't they ask the Avengers for help?!
>>
>>78610649
>some chick playing Spider-Gwen
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's been two live action Gwens already...
>>
>hell yeah, an event that features all my favorite alt universe spider characters!
>they all end up jobbing to vampires and generally doing nothing until the end
>>
File: AaG.png (158 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
AaG.png
158 KB, 650x600
>>78612616

Probably not outside of flashbacks in Old Man Logan.
>>
>>78612560
Read this concept to yourself out loud: An army of alternate universe Spider-Mans fight evil totem vampires from the center of the multiverse. Any person who hears that concept and thinks "grim and gritty" should have their head examined.
>>
>>78610649
It is a very sad that Marvel wont do this
>>
>>78610706
One day this will be a real musical
>>
>>78611145
>he literally went out of the way to fuck over the happy ending universe
Also the Amazing Freinds cartoon verse
>>
>Pete and Jessica are both Avengers. Why the fuck didn't they ask the Avengers for help?!

They literally had cloaking devices and teleporters. Not using these to grab some non spider heroes to help them out was completely retarded.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.