[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it be shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 620x775) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 620x775
Will it be shit?
>>
Obviously
>>
Yes.

>Live action/animated mix

>Transcending age groups with appeal to kids, tweens and teens, ReBoot: the Guardian Code is an adventure-comedy series about four teens (Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra) who discover that they’re next-gen Guardians with a mission to save the world, by defending it in cyberspace. The Internet revolutionized the world, but it also left it vulnerable to attack. With the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program, our heroes stream into cyberspace where they use their awesome code-based powers to battle viruses that have been unleashed by a ruthless hacker. Known only as the Sourcerer, he seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace. Original fans of the show will be happy to hear that Megabyte will be back and he’s getting a major upgrade. ReBoot will showcase leading edge technologies and bring coding into the mainstream for kids.

>When Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra are not trying to stop viruses from overloading a nuclear power station, or remotely opening a dam to flood a city, or playing Criss Cross Crash Hour with a city’s transportation grid, our heroes are being typical teens: arguing with their parents over curfews; dealing with crushes; or trying to avoid getting suspended for skipping class when they’re really on a cyber mission to save the world!

>All four teens will wear protective suits that will allow them to survive in the digital world. An image of the character Austin as his guardian alter-ego Vector was released Monday. The other three characters will go by the names Googz, D-Frag and Enigma in cyberspace.
>>
>>78185639
my god how could they fuck this up so hard?
>>
>>78185639
As far as I'm aware, every single person who's read this synopsis has had a negative reaction to it. It's been floating around for years, already - is there any hope that they've gone back to the drawing board?
>>
>>78186008
Nope, an interview from June this year has the head guy saying 'Wait to see what we do with it before you overly judge it.'
>>
>>78185639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N34MmqmxqD0
>>
>>78186092
Remember how Trank said that about Fantastic Flop?
>>
File: Untitled.png (6 KB, 454x289) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6 KB, 454x289
>>78186092
Wow, someone involved in the project saying how good it is. Where have I heard that before?
>>
>>78186204
Remember how a producer said the same thing about the Jem movie?
>>
>>78186880
There's a difference between saying something's going to be good and pleading with people that something's not going to suck ass.
>>
>>78186915
Yeah: the fact that we haven't seen anything about it. All in due time.
>>
>>78186204
>Bypassing the "pleading not going to suck"
Well, I was fine with finally committing to Ultimate F4.
Rebooting Reboot with another Code Lyoko gimmick type show is just too dime a dozen.
Altho, modern Marvel flicks in general do more of the Ultimate thing as well...so..idk, shit's relative.
>>
>>78186942
You legitimately might have some sort of social/psychological comprehension disability. I'm sorry.
>>
>>78185639
This shit is just Code Lyoko: Evolution
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1136x1136) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1136x1136
>>78187148
The fact of the matter is people involved in the project say that said project will be the best thing ever, whether it is really good or complete horse shit.

Now we saw the direction Fant4stic was headed and we accurately saw it was shit. 4chan being as stubborn as it is, nothing was going to change our views, not even the pleading that Fox/Trank/whomever gave.

Now going by this synopsis >>78185639 and this person's >>78186008 saying that everyone's had negative reactions to it, all we need now is to see actual footage in a trailer to confirm what we know.
>>
>>78185551
>Reboot a series
>Bring light to the fact that it's a reboot by naming it Reboot
I fucking hate these people.
>>
>>78185639
Holy shit. Does anyone remember the Americanized Sailor Moon, where they all literally parasail also the members of the team are just the Burger King Kids Club right down to one of them being in the wheelchair? This is that level of "missing the mark".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=358ewVY2nko

Right down to the inexplicable mix of live-action and animation.
>>
>>78187494
Remember, this was an internal-only video. A show to try to get someone to purchase the show.
>>
>>78185639
I'm pretty sure this is literally just Power Rangers mixed with Code Lyoko
>>
>>78188611
There's a name for that: Super Human Samurai Syber Squad.
>>
>>78189670
the youngins dont know nothing bout that show
>>
>>78185639
We 90s now?
>>
>>78185639
I had a conversation with one of the writers I work in the film/writing industry in Vancouver and they said its changed a little bit, but not too much. Unfortunately it still has live action, but that is maybe 10% of the show. The rest is all inside the internet, but instead of just one city like the original its the entire fucking internet. Also, Megabyte is back hooray!
Apparently it's being animated using the Unreal Engine so that's cool, I guess.
>>
>>78185639
>Megabyte will be back and he’s getting a major upgrade.
Oh, so he's a woman now like Aku.
>>
>>78185551

The better question is will it ever see the light of day? It's supposedly been "In production" for damn near a decade now.
>>
>>78185551
Reboot of Reboot?
>>
>>78191739
>Apparently it's being animated using the Unreal Engine so that's cool, I guess.
So it's not SHSSS, it's not Code Lyoko, it's not Tron, it's going to be like Zixx then?

Wow, it almost seems like people going into the computer world is a common concept and they're giving up what made ReBoot unique.
>>
File: 1443359949971.gif (498 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
1443359949971.gif
498 KB, 300x222
>>78185639
>our heroes are being typical teens: arguing with their parents over curfews; dealing with crushes; or trying to avoid getting suspended for skipping class when they’re really on a cyber mission to save the world!
get the fuck out of here please
>>
ITT Nothing in this thread is real.
>>
File: 1439766015069.png (374 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1439766015069.png
374 KB, 640x480
>>78194943
>In this thread nothing in this thread is real
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.