[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batsuits from least to greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7
File: dark-knight-rises-batman.jpg (52 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
dark-knight-rises-batman.jpg
52 KB, 500x350
ITT: List you favorite movie batsuits in order, and state why.
>>
>>77917452
> Schumacher
I just thought they looked dumb
> Bale
I get what they were going for and I like it
> Ketone
It fits the world Tim Burton made
> West
Fucking brilliant, a minimal yet perfect design for the bizarre comedy world it took place in
> Affleck
It looks like a comic book design brought to life. Kinda like the Arkham games (city and asylum)
>>
>Bale/Nolan
Combined all the worst cowl concepts (pronounced and fully-covered nose, covered cheeks, weirdly-shaped eyeholes, overly wide head) with a really ugly cape.

>Schumacher
Take the nipples off and it's a solid design, if an overly ornate one.

>Keaton/Burton
Great cowl, but overly stiff.

>Affleck/Snyder
Pretty much perfect in every way.

Comparing West's doesn't seem fair. It went for a very different tone than the others.
>>
>>77917452
>bale
dents, super visible armor, most aggressive suit
2/10
>west
4/10
This shit would be so tight with more effort
If west had muscle definition, the batsymbol was centered and larger, the cowl and cape worked into one, a better material used on the mask, and had the mask take up almost as much real estate as the bale mask and you add some lenses it would be 10/10 dope
I made a mockup of how i wanted it
will post
>Schumacher
5/10
i like pic related
>Keaton
6/10
I like these suits just a bit more than the schumacer one i posted
>Affleck
9/10 needs lenses

Also low scores doesn't mean i don't appreciate/ like them
I rated them interms of how i expect/ want muh batman to look
>>
File: The%20West.png (201 KB, 321x426) Image search: [Google]
The%20West.png
201 KB, 321x426
Here's a sample of some of the changes i'd make to wests suit
>>
>Neil Adams
The blueprint for the 60's tv show, but cooler. Still corny, but iconic.
>Burton
Holy shit, all black suit. So obvious, so cool.
>Batman the Animated series
Still cartoony, but not too corny
>Frank Miller DKR
Looks tactical and tough, but still rooted in the totally ridiculous spandex tradition
>Nolan
Looks too much like fucking cop. I know you fucktards can't impale yourselves fast enough on Nolan's dick, but I hate it.
>Knightfall
The Giant Pointy Shoulders, endless action figure variations, fuck that shit.
I don't know if it was Knightfall or
>>
>>77918006
Movie suit man
movie suits
>>
>>77918006
Didn't Neal Adams start drawing Batman after the '66 show?
>>
File: Batman suits.jpg (434 KB, 3975x900) Image search: [Google]
Batman suits.jpg
434 KB, 3975x900
9. 1966's Batman's only suit (1st in pic related) - Just silly in every way. Even the positioning of the Bat symbol is too low, and his belt is too high. His cape is useless, the material is just a flimsy cloth, the cowl is dumb.

8. Batman and Robin's first suit (fifth in pic related) - dem nipples, dat six-pack, and too shiny. At least looks somewhat functional, compared to the 1966 suit.

7. Batman Forever's first suit (third in pic related) - dem nipples, etc, etc. Not quite as blatantly shiny as No.8, but these two are close.

6. Batman and Robin's second suit (sixth in pic related) - the nipples are gone, which is an improvement. I appreciate that they're doing something different with the suit outside of radically sexualising it, but it still looks like crap.

5. Batman Forever's second suit (fourth in pic related) - no nipples, still too shiny, but better than both Batman and Robin suits.

4. 1989's Batman's only suit (second in pic related) - dark, matte, still not excellent but better than any of the prior entries.

3. Batman Returns' only suit (not in pic related) - more functional, more flexible, still dark and appropriate.

2. The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises' only suit (eighth in pic related) - a little too decorative. It's just got too much flavour going on. It's also a little too blue. I really do like this suit but if forced to choose I think I'd have to give the edge to the last pick.

1. Batman Begins' only suit (seventh in pic related) - Black, matte, functional, scary, Batman.

I am reserving judgement on Affleck's suit(s?) until I see BvS.
>>
File: MPW-40413.jpg (56 KB, 500x773) Image search: [Google]
MPW-40413.jpg
56 KB, 500x773
>>77918404
Batman returns is a way different suit than 1989 and its missing.

Also Batman returns is the only suit where the cowl fowls covering the shoulders. Like it should. Just for that reason its the best suit.
>>
>>77918460
folds
>>
>>77918460
Yeah, I mentioned that it was missing from pic related. I also gave it a separate entry and said it was better than 1989's.
>>
File: 1444334726384.png (892 KB, 827x764) Image search: [Google]
1444334726384.png
892 KB, 827x764
Aside from the obvious you mean?

I can't be assed to rank them all, but I will say this. The basic design of Keaton's suit is definitely one of my favorites. How it actually looks in the movie is another matter.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.