[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Write Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Writethread Header.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Writethread Header.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
Because it's been a little while since the last one.

>Is your work a cartoon or a comic?
>Can you sum up your work in a couple sentences?
>Who are your main characters? Describe them, both mentally and physically.
>Who/what's your main antagonist? Does your work have a rouge's gallery of sorts?
>Outside the MCs and antagonists, what are some other characters from your work?
>What kind of audiences are you aiming for?
>What do you think the biggest problem with your work is? Be honest.
>When do you expect to have it done?
>Do you spend more time writing plots or world building?
>Which of the other works posted in this thread is your favorite?

Not Required:
>If possible, could you give us a link to your work?
>>
File: page 1 prev.png (1 MB, 1152x1497) Image search: [Google]
page 1 prev.png
1 MB, 1152x1497
Taking a break from writing this chapter, so what the hell, I'll start.

Comic
To save his life, a Greek warrior makes a pact with the God of War.
The MC is essentially notAchilles with an even bigger ego. The secondary mc is a woman he is teaching the art of warfare, kind of a play on Athena and Ares with the two of them.
>Who/what's your main antagonist? Does your work have a rouge's gallery of sorts?
In the immediate sense, a powerful king hoping to conquer the other city-states to form a united empire. In a more cosmic sense, the pride of angry men and the god of war that feeds of them.
>Outside the MCs and antagonists, what are some other characters from your work?
notAchilles serves an ungrateful fat king (currently) and the king's honourable son, who is notAchilles' lover.
Adult, but I'll settle for any audience.
Finding a line between dialogue that sounds suitably archaic as opposed to stilted. It's a fine line.
First issue is almost finished, currently waiting on pages. The whole first story arc (four issues) who knows? We hope to find a publisher, but there's no bets.
About equal, but I think a lot of writers get too caught up in world building.

Have some pencils of the first page. (you'd think /co/ would have a better image limit)
>>
>>84243580
>>Is your work a cartoon or a comic?
I'm doing a cartoon movie plot.

>>Can you sum up your work in a couple sentences?
A biopic on Max Fleischer, in the style of a Fleischer cartoon. The cartoons featured will be presented in the way Roger Rabbit featured them, with Fleischer actually directing the characters on set, that way, I can establish his relationship with characters such as Popeye, Betty Boop and Superman. I also plan on evolving the animation as the plot progresses, from black and white to color and such.

>>Who are your main characters? Describe them, both mentally and physically.
Fleischer is sort of perfectionist, trying to figure out the possibilities of what animation can do. He's tall and mustachioed, a humble man who excels in his craft.

>>Who/what's your main antagonist? Does your work have a rouge's gallery of sorts?
The closest we get to a villain of sorts of Walt Disney and Chuck Jones, but the both of them are just heroes in their own stories.

>>Outside the MCs and antagonists, what are some other characters from your work?
There are none. I'd like to pitch this story to Warner, and take them back to their heyday. I will definitely not be able to do this project independently.

>>What kind of audiences are you aiming for?
Classic cartoon fans, drama fans, people who can appreciate the passion of others.

>>What do you think the biggest problem with your work is? Be honest.
Honestly, it's the subject matter and how it's presented, presenting it in the style of an old fashioned cartoon whilst staying primarily adult in plot would be a little jarring to some, I think.

>>When do you expect to have it done?
The plot will continue to be revised and revised. I'll need to wait until I'd be able to pitch this to anybody.

>>Do you spend more time writing plots or world building?
Plots.

>>Which of the other works posted in this thread is your favorite?
Well, the other guy's work definitely isn't too bad at all. Sounds pretty intriguing.
>>
>>84244462
It sounds like the kind of film that would be more successful in Europe. It sounds very interesting though.
>>
Just gonna post this here:

Cartoon, ideally.

A couple of bees work to keep their hive safe from wasps, animals, and a crazed swarm of plant-based crimes against nature. Shenanigans ensue.

One of the brigades of guards keeping said hive safe. Consists of Jasper (A relatively young bee who only took the job because his parents wanted him out of the house), Lance (the previous captain of the royal guard and general grouch), Phoebe (A hot-headed archer with a girly streak), and Wilhelm (A strongman with as much brains as brawn).

The main villains are the Botanic Horde, a massive swarm of plant-based monsters led by a woman calling herself Venus. She believes that the insects (namely, the bees) have pretty much thrown nature too far out of balance, and that it's time to repay the favor.

Outside that, there's the local wasp gang (who are pretty much the mafia with insects), along with a number of recurring and one-off baddies.
>>
>>84246008
contd.
There's a fly that just wants some recognition And eventually ends up joining the MCs, a shy spider girl with a knack for painting, an entire ant colony, a showgirl butterfly, and an egg that's too lazy to hatch all the way.

I could probably aim for around the 11-16 crowd, with some room for adjustment.

I think some bits might be a bit too derivative so far.

Not anytime soon, that's for sure.

Waaaaaay too much on world building. I have a pretty good idea of the overarching story though.

This anon right here >>84244462 sounds pretty interesting.
>>
Comic
Boy and fox discover door to another world. Visiting the world makes them entangled, and they have to dive deeper inside to find out where they are, how the world came to be, and how they can set themselves free.
Ten year old boy, kind of a scaredy-cat because of recent events.
Fox, rescued by said boy, more playful and adventurous, but a troublemaker.
The world itself serves as a sort of antagonist, since they become tied with it and eventually can't leave (one of them, at least). There is also a monster that lives in the center of the earth and has stirred up trouble in the past.
A young child from inside the world whom the boy eventually joins, since their paths end up falling together. She's a go-getter who often resents the boy's cowardice and sees him more as a hinderance.
Anyone and everyone. I'm trying to have a universal appeal.
While I have a general idea, I have trouble putting every last detail into place, and I'm afraid I'm going to eventually write myself into a corner. This is because I have a lot of "visions" when it comes to planning, and I try to incorporate as many as possible into the plot.
Not for a long, long time.
World building. I find the plot falls into place as I go about it.
The Fleischer biopic
>>
File: 1456712984635.jpg (236 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1456712984635.jpg
236 KB, 1024x768
I'm writing it as a straight book, but since this is a cartoon board and no other boards have writefag threads, it could work as a comic
Every few years(about an average life span) a hero takes up the mantle to stop the rising threat of a necromancer lord. The story takes place after the hero and his order strike a deal with the necromancer, unable to defeat him. He establishes a grand kingdom and ruled justly, until he develops something along the lines of PTSD, destroying villages at even the slightest rumor of practicing and worshiping necromancy out of fear. The MC's settlement nearby garners suspicion, so the hero orders it to be destroyed. The MC barely escapes and is saved by the previous necromancer. After learning the forbidden from of magic,the MC vows to destroy the hero and his order of paladins.
I still haven't thought of a good name for anyone, but the main protagonist is a boy around 15. His family sacrifices themselves to save him from the destroyed village, then he is picked up by the supposedly dead necromancer. At first is goal is pure revenge but he learns that he needs to do this not to feel good about revenge but so the whole country can know peace for once
The second protagonist is a girl, around 17, who is in an arranged marriage with the hero(not the MC), she knows his cowardly and hateful nature so she loathes it. She's kidnapped by the protagonist during the beginning of his career as a fledgling necromancer.

Too long for one post
>>
>>84247631
Cont'd
The main antaganists is a hero after his "defeat" of the necromancty threat, he's developed a deep fear of necromancy and will go out of his way to eradicate it wherever it may be.
Along with him are his 7 holy knights that are sworn to follow him
One holy knights doesn't use a sword or weapon but fights with her hands, She's a notoriously dirty fighter, even when she's not fighting dirty she's the top knight in terms of raw power
I always feear that it would be to cliche. The holy knights thing is in like every single work, but I don't like the idea of the hero just being alone. I would rather him lose it all then start off with nothing
When Gings boat reaches the Dark continent
World building, I love to write about a worlds history and workings. I have two other ideas for storys and they have nothing to do with oone another but there in the same world
Probably the first posts stuff
>>
>>84247631
>and no other boards have writefag threads
/tg/ does, pretty consistently.
>>
>>84247673
I completely forgot about the story threads on there. I've always went to the /co/ one when it was alive.Once I start consistently writing I'll post some there.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.