[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As someone who doesn't really know anything about DC, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
As someone who doesn't really know anything about DC, what are the best DC cartoons?
>>
>>77690527
Anything by Bruce Timm, basically. The rest is shit-tier western:anime with cringy writing.
>>
>>77690527
Teen Titans Go.

If you watch it, then it will become your new favorite show.
>>
>>77690527
Troll post.
>Not knowing about DC'verse
>Hey, there's this amazing book, pretty rare. It's called the Bible, but spoiler warning, there's a pretty important character named Jesus who dies at the end.
>>77690590
Nice, but trolls are resistant to poison and toxic stuff. Fire and acid are best.

On the RIDICULOUSLY SLIM chance that this is serious, the classic "Batman: the Animated Series" was amazing. It's an older series though, so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
Batman TAS
Superman TAS
Green Lantern TAS
Justice League/Unlimited
>>
>>77690527
The DC animated Universe (Batman the animated series, Superman tAS, and Justice League + JL Unlimited) is generally considered a must.
Teen Titans is fondly remembered by many, but is really a product of its time, and was catered towards teens, so it hasn't aged as well. And this comes from a big fan of the series.
Then there's Batman: the Brave and the Bold, a silver age take on Batman and the DC universe. Generally not considered as good as Batman tAS, but did find its way into many peoples hearts with its use of old characters, lighthearted fun, and fantastic series final.
Another good mention is Green Lantern: the Animated Series. Made by Bruce Timm (The same guy who did the DCAU) it has the same type of feel to it as the older DCAU series, though it is CG animated, so if that's not your cup of tea, be warned.
>>
>making this thread on /co/
>making this thread on the internet in 2015

OP is a lazy retard.
>>
>>77690736
Forgot to mention The Fleischer & Famous Superman cartoons from the 40's. Great animation, and a fun watch to see the Man of Steel in his glory days.
>>
watch Superman TAS before any Justice League.

STAS is so damn underrated.
>>
>>77690527
Basically, any DC series after B:TAS.

Even the worst ones are pretty OK.
>>
May as well ask here, did Young justice ever get any closure after Apokolips showing up and wally getting kek'd in the S2 finale?
>>
>>77690527
DCAU in a nutshell. Watch them all in this order.
Batman: TAS
Superman: TAS
Batman Beyond
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited
>>
>>77693591
No.
>>
>>77690527
>Batman:The Animated Series
>Superman:The Animated Series
>JLU
>Batman Beyond
>Green Lantern:The Animated Series
>Batman the Brave and the Bold
>>
A more helpful post

Bad:
Gotham Girls

Mediocre:
Legion of Super-Heroes
Zeta Project
The Batman
Young Justice
Beware the Batman

Ok if you don't mind kid shit but not really must-watch:
Krypto the Superdog

Anything not listed is probably ok to watch all the way through without any major problems
>>
>>77694261
>The Batman
>mediocre
It was good, not great
>>
>>77694298
That's what mediocre means
>>
>The Batman

Was it really any good? I've been really tempted to marathon it the last few years.
>>
>>77690822
This. The aesthetic is amazing it's so underrated. Also the theme is incredible imo.
>>
>>77695098
Yes. Season 1 is not great because it's a bit more low key and shit but I enjoyed the "young Batman" angle of it all. The finale of S1 onward it becomes great.
>>
File: smugflash.png (172 KB, 285x788) Image search: [Google]
smugflash.png
172 KB, 285x788
>>77690643
>2015
>still using the word troll
>>
Batman: The Brave and the Bold is probably the best.

Green Lantern: TAS, Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond and the Justice League shows are good, too. Beware the Batman and The Batman aren't bad. Teen Titans and Young Justice have fans.
>>
The fuck?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H5zXh6MVvg
>>
>>77695267
huh?
>>
>>77690527
Hijacking this thread:

Did any new show get aired or greenlighted since mid-2014 or did CN deport DC completely?
>>
>>77696596
TTG took over CN so they didn't completely get rid of DC.
>>
>>77696596
Justice League Action is coming in 2016.
>>
It's pretty worrying that not many people are recommending this masterpiece.
The DCAU is great, but this is what really got me interested in DC.
>>
>>77696677
Any hope that it will be good or is it a toy commercial like this Batman unlimited dvd stuff?
>>
>>77696596
There's a new Justice League phone
>>
>>77696735
show
>>
>>77690527

>Almost all of them

DC is actually very consistently doing cool cartoons
>>
>>77690736
Batman Beyond is an important part of the DCAU too.
>>
>>77696700
Yeah. It's a really great show and a really great showcase of a lot of what DC has to offer.
>>
>>77694318

If you're an idiot, yes.
>>
>>77697367
Don't you mean "To be quite honest, most of the DCAU is pretty good, both films and shows"?
Remember, the word filters exist for a reason, sempai.
>>
>>77690822
STAS is my favourite overall

BTAS is too uneven
JL s1 sucks
JLU is amazing tho
>>
No one mentioned Static Shock yet? I nean, it wasn't as great as BTAS or STAS, but it's a good show nonetheless.
>>
>>77701282
no ones mention legion of superheros either i mean i know its really obscure but its something
>>
>>77690527
Basically anything Bruce Timm as other anon's have mentioned.

STAS
BTAS
Justice League (Unlimited)
Batman Beyond
GLTAS
Also maybe Static Shock?
>>
>>77696700
BatB is amazing, but is it really that great for someone not familiar with DC?
>>
>>77695098
Season four was legit great, as well as some episodes sprinkled throughout the first three seasons.

It's the weakest of the Batman shows after TAS though.
>>
>>77701282
JIMMY NO
Seriously though Virgil is cute and I like his animated costume better than any of his real ones.
>>
>>77690573
This. But not Static Shock or The Zeta Project.

Watch Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Justice League, and Batman Beyond.

Everything else is crap, and a great deal of episodes in the good series are crap, too. Worth powering through for the great stuff, though.

Best Animated Capeshit films are these 10 -
1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (Radomski and Timm, 1993)
2. The Incredibles (Bird, 2004)
3. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 (Oliva, 2013)
4. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Geda, 2000)
5. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (Oliva, 2013)
6. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 (Oliva, 2012)
7. Batman: Under the Red Hood (Vietti, 2010)
8. Justice League: Gods and Monsters (Liu, 2015)
9. Batman: Assault on Arkham (Oliva and Spaulding, 2014)
10. Batman: Year One (Liu and Montgomery, 2011)

2 isn't DC, obviously.
>>
>>77695267

Whats the problem? It had like 6 episodes
>>
Superman: TAS
Batman: TAS
Batman Beyond
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

BIG ASS MAYBE
Teen Titans

Legion of Superheroes isn't that bad or Static Shock. I watched both. There was that one kid who tried to shoot people and racism points in SS which were pretty good I guess.

>>77701318
A lot of people don't know about Legion in general I guess except for anon >>77694261
>>
Young Justice is the best cartoon of the decade so far.
>>
>>77704765

Wait, what? Incredibles is part DC? Is that why we never got a sequel?

Violet adopted by the Batclan when?
>>
>>77705842
>2 isn't DC, obviously.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.