[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This thread is dedicated to the glory that is Lex Luthor. Specifically,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: Super Lex.jpg (168 KB, 575x302) Image search: [Google]
Super Lex.jpg
168 KB, 575x302
This thread is dedicated to the glory that is Lex Luthor. Specifically, nu-52 Lex, but all Luthors are welcome.

Why Nu-52 Lex? Because he is the only Luthor to finally capable of growing as a person, which no other Lex really could.

Old Lex was the kind of asshole who would piss away the power of God Himself, and shit on the happiness of every living thing, just to take a futile swipe at superman. Literally, that was the last thing Old Lex did, and it fit his character to a T.

New Lex is an asshole, but a totally different flavor of asshole. He's out for his ego and self gratification, and thats why he tries to be a hero, to the point of forcing himself into the Justice League. Yeah, its petty, and he admits he only wants to help people so they can admire him, but that is miles above Old Lex's goal of "Fuck over Superman no matter the cost." He may have selfish motivations for being a hero...

But he's actually fucking CAPABLE of being one, and is actually able move past his hate of Superman. For the first goddamned time ever.

And that glimmer of hope makes him a fucking hero enough for me, and best Lex so far.
>>
>>84090377
>Old Lex was the kind of asshole who would piss away the power of God Himself, and shit on the happiness of every living thing, just to take a futile swipe at superman. Literally, that was the last thing Old Lex did, and it fit his character to a T.

you mean the last thing he did before he got manhattan to create the new 52
>>
I like old Lex tho. The idea of a guy who's just so petty he'd give up God like powers cause of his hatred for someone seems so fascinating to me
>>
File: Stop Krieger Archer.gif (901 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Stop Krieger Archer.gif
901 KB, 500x281
>>84090533
>Old Lex is behind it all

Damn you anon! See pic

>>84090596
That was a hell of a Lex, and i loved everything about his Action Comics run. I also fucking love villains who are utterly petty assholes. But even more than that, I love stories of redemption and heros who used to be assholes.

And the idea of Old Lex asking Dr. Blue Balls to make a New Lex who can grow past the mistakes and faults of the Old Lex does pic related to me.

My perfect Lex would be an ultra petty asshole, but still on the good guys side. He'd be catty as all fuck, hold grudges from back in his supervilian days, and maybe pull some petty pranks on his ex-foes/current allies, but at the end of the day, he'll do more or less the right thing
>>
Best stories pre-crisis? I've read probably half or more of everything since then, but very little before.

My favorite Lex story is probably Superman #2, where he funds a computer to find out Superman's identity with almost perfect accuracy, and when it does he gets angry and has it destroyed.
>>
>>84090751
>My perfect Lex
And then I guess he could marry Clark, like he always wanted to back in Smallville, and they can raise Conner without being dickish to the clone as in YJ?
>>
Luthor is a classic Greek hero. To take away his fatal flaw woul strip him of what makes him interesting
>>
>>84090377
What about NEW new Lex that we all tried to forget?
>>
>>84090596
Nu52 Lex does this too. He's basically the new god of Apokolips yet he gives it up just so he can takeover as the new Superman of Metropolis because "Fuck you Superman even if you're dead I still have to prove I'm better than you."
>>
File: Lexluthor-superfriends.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Lexluthor-superfriends.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>tfw this is the most likable character in Supe comics
>>
It's truly impressive that we have all these great examples of Luthor and BvS gave us Lex Zuckerberg.
>>
>>84092012
That's not Superman with a beard. Lex is great because he's such a huge asshole that you can't wait to see what he'll do next. He fucking put on the dead Supe's cape, colors and shield and called himself Superman for fucks sake.
>>
File: Luthor is a madman.jpg (873 KB, 1851x2676) Image search: [Google]
Luthor is a madman.jpg
873 KB, 1851x2676
>>
>>84090377
Lex Luthor being a hero is the most Marvel thing DC has ever done.
>>
Would you guys read an alt universe where Clark and Lex are a gay couple. Instead of adopting a kid or using a surrogate mother they clone Clark and add Lex DNA like Connor.

30 years later Connor Kent-Luthor is the new CEO of Lexcorps but also takes the mantle of Superman.
>>
>>84094803
And to no one's surprise DC did it better.
>>
so what was the reason for the superman v batman's lex to be a younger overhaul of the design? Be more like tdk's joker?
>>
>>84094960
They wrote him to have his hatred of Superman be rooted in issues with his father. So younger Lex made sense.
>>
>>84094803
DC has been Marvel since decades now.
>>
>>84095521
then what has marvel been for decades? cancer?
>>
>>84090377
Lex is oneof the reasons johns jl was terrible.
>>
File: hope.gif (989 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
hope.gif
989 KB, 500x350
>>84090377

Why does Lex wear the krypton symbol for ''hope'' on his chest?
>>
>>84096070
He's hopeful Rebirth pushes DC into the #1 spot for more than a few weeks.
Like your film, he actually has no hope.
>>
>>84096085
How's Civil War 2 doing?
>>
>>84096133
Dunno, i've no interest in it. Marvel isn't using it to try and claw into the #1 spot, they've had that for decades. Just another event I suspect.

Johns still apologizing for the last several years of comics?
>>
>>84096155
>Dunno, i've no interest in it.

you and the rest of the world
>>
>>84096224
Not the first event I've missed from either company. Events are generally the worst things the Big 2 offers in any given year.
You read event books?
>>
>>84093049
That is some serious evil.
>>
Bump for the glory of Luthor
>>
>>84091590
Nice projection, bro

>>84094905
Nice fanfic, bro
>>
>>84093049
>Hate a guy so much you literally go back in time and impregnate his mother and destroy his planet

Based
>>
>>84090377
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZCNDwKgi7o
>>
>>84096070
Cause n52 Supes is dead and Lex is trying to use it as a chance to be the new Superman.
>>
How many cakes has Nu52 Lex stolen?
>>
Lex Luthor reading list at all?
>>
>>84101587
>>84101587
Lex Luthor: Man of Steel
Action Comics
>>
>>84098765
Well, he is doing a terrible job right now and is about to get owned by Doomsday
>>
>>84101587
Not a Lex Luthor story, but All-Star Superman has the best incarnation of the character. The first human superman intelligence wise, but the complete opposite to Superman's idealism with his vanity and cynicism. Genius writing.
>>
>>84103810
But at the end..well, you know
>>
>>84103544
>>84103810
cheers guys
anything with him and brainiac?
>>
>>84103860
Justice by Alex Ross, Jim Krueger and Doug Braithwaite. Incredible art and very good story.
>>
>>84103860
Recently read Superman Y2K, it had some really cool ideas and a great Luthor/Brainiac dynamic but ultimately I don't think it was a very good story.

Whatever happened to the man of tommorow is probably the most well know L/B story
>>
>>84092732

I love half of his scenes and hate the other half, which makes me more disappointed.

>"And I want access to the remains of the body."
>"Zod?"
>".......sure."

Movie was nowhere near as good as I wanted it to be, but that's probably one of my favorite lines in any movie ever.
>>
>>84090377

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI0vtqxoG1k

Become President?
>>
>>84103924
>>84104011
Thanks guys

>>84104535
I really should get around to watching all of JLU.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.