[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which team was in the right again, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: civil war.jpg (190 KB, 1024x1040) Image search: [Google]
civil war.jpg
190 KB, 1024x1040
Which team was in the right again, /co/?
>>
Tony's. Obviously.
>>
>>83548673
Tony was right about the accords
Cap was right about Bucky
>>
>cap destroyed and airport
>cap injured or killed multiple spiders
>cap made other heroes fight
>cap made them international criminals
>can tarnished his name and everything he's done
>cap knew and hid the fact that winter solider killed Starks parents
>justified it all based on the ASSumption that there were more winter soldiers zemo was going to release
>and muh Bucky didn't do nuffin

Guess who's the jackass of the movie
>>
>>83548673
Steve's ideologies of helping because you can are right, and superheroes need protection from organizations that might have ulterior motives behind their mobilization.

His methods were flawed, though. He was hypocritical, went about things wrong, and he was a little bitch with everything pertaining Bucky. Like fuck, the guy's a mass murderer even if he was under mind control, and all the ways he chose to help him were counterproductive and harmful to third parties.

He also had a bunch of little bitches on his team. Really, Clint, are you gonna play "omg, u stink tony" when you took the decision to abandon your family and overtly help someone going against the government and defending a known Russian sleeper? Fuck all the way off, when did you become a preachy daddy.

Tony was right about the heroes needing some form of control, and I agreed with his methods a lot more than Cap's. They were flawed, but when the truth came to the surface he was capable of admitting that and working against his superiors without causing a shit ton collateral damage (in THIS movie, at least). He had the more nuanced members on his team, which worked against them when it came to fighting and overall loyalty (but I consider that a plus with Widow and Panther).

Overall, I wanted to agree with Cap's side due to basic principles, but his methods were so retarded and the conflict so "if both sides listened everything would work out no biggie", I have to side with Iron Man overall.

But the superior choice is Team Spidey.
>>
>>83548673
I honestly can't decide, and I think that speaks to the strength of the movie.

I think Steve was right to trust Bucky when he said he didn't bomb the UN considering how Black Widow faked out Alexander Pierce in WS with the disguise matrix thingy. And I think he had good reasons not to put the Avengers in anyone's control.

But I don't think Tony was wrong to want to bring Bucky in and reign the Avengers in a little bit.
>>
>>83548673

Steve has reasonable concerns but unilaterally rejecting oversight before the concerns even had a chance to occur (if they ever did) was goofy.

OK, fine, the UN tells the Avengers not to go into a situation they think they should. At that point you tell them to stick it. But otherwise work with the system, see if you can improve the agreement from within.

Humans asking for metahuman oversight simply is not an unreasonable expectation.

Cap could have said "fine, oversight, but I'm in charge of the committee and I get veto authority."
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.