[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did different celebrities react to been on south park, did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: SP.jpg (11 KB, 301x168) Image search: [Google]
SP.jpg
11 KB, 301x168
How did different celebrities react to been on south park, did some of them like it? where any of there reactions funny, did the show ever go too far?
>>
File: ty.jpg (44 KB, 357x594) Image search: [Google]
ty.jpg
44 KB, 357x594
I think some of them reacted politely to it. I know Bob Saget is friends with Trey and Matt.

"To be parodied on something like that show is a great thing. I could've been offended by being a South Park character, because they're all three feet tall and three feet wide. But I wasn't. Actually, I was introduced to Matt Stone at a club — he's the gentleman with glasses and curly Afro hair. My friend just introduced me like, 'This is Tina. She's in a band.' So he starts talking to me about how he loves music and wants to be in a band. Then, my friend comes back and tells me, 'That's the creator of South Park.' So I go, 'No! Cool!' So I whispered into his ear, 'Up yours, Tina Yothers!' That's their line from the show. So he took a step back like I was some freak, and then it clicked. Then, he blamed the [parody] idea on his partner [Trey]."
>>
>Michael Dorn is famous for playing Lieutenant Commander Worf on Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He is portrayed in this episode wearing a sweatshirt which bears the logo of Pasadena City College, his real-life alma mater. After this episode was broadcast, Dorn revealed that he is a fan of South Park, and would have provided his own voice for the episode had he been asked. Dorn himself is a vegan.[2]
>>
Russel Crowe is pretty cool about it
>>
Pretty much everyone is amused and happy.

Kanye West thought it was a little harsh, but admitted that "he does need to work on his ego".

The Jonas Brothers were forbidden to watch it.

Paris Hilton thought it was a compliment.

Barbara Streisand was pissed, which is exactly what Matt and Trey wanted (they really, truly hate her).
>>
>>77594415
I think I remember seeing a video of lorde watching that episode with randy, and she was totally fine with it, let me see if I can find it.
>>
>>77594548
Ahh, here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LwM3hJMuNE
>>
The vast majority of them are cool with it, since it's free publicity and they generally don't go too far with any of their celebrity cameos.
>>
File: Gowron_and_Worf_battle.jpg (32 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Gowron_and_Worf_battle.jpg
32 KB, 576x432
>>77594495
>Dorn himself is a vegan.
Worf is fucking pathetic even in real life.. 11 seasons and 4 movies and only 1 badass moment.
>>
Sean Penn wanted to punch Trey for discouraging voting and suggesting that Iraq wasn't a paradise before America invaded.
>>
I would think Caitlyn Jenner would be annoyed with how the character looks and they made fun of driving incident.
>>
>>77594648
yeah, was there ever a reaction from Jenner?
>>
>>77594648
I really want to know want Jon "Stewart" Leibowitz thinks of the latest season. He was really pushing the Caitlyn is a hero thing hard from what I remember. Or maybe I'm confusing him with le 2015 slimy limey.
>>
>>77594415
Trey and Matt stopped getting invited to celebrities' personal parties after Team America.
>>
>>77594698
Not to stray from topic but did Jenner ever get in trouble for that car accident. Wasn't a person killed or was it settled out of court or something.
>>
>>77594648
>>77594664
Idk, Jenner seems to be a surprisinly good sport about parody. I don't remember him taking offense when Family Guy made fun of him
>>
>>77594727
Matt Damon
>>
>>77594727
Well yeah but it was because they mocked liberals, not because of any celebrity parody.

I'm pretty sure the NFL officially took offense about the redskins thing, as did the NCAA with crack baby basketball.
>>
Tom Cruise thought it was hilarious.
>>
George Clooney is a really good sport over it. Said he'd have been offended if he wasn't in Team America.
>>
>>77594816
Kind of conflicts with him trying super hard to get the episode he appears in pulled.
>>
>>77594415
I remember Kim Kardashian tweeting that the episode where her sisters and her are shot to death was hilarious.

Yeezy referenced the gay fish thing in MBDTF.
>>
>>77594826
Well he did voice Sparky. Would seem hypocritical if he got offended when he's the topic.
>>
>>77594648
BBTRRUCKLE UP BUCKAROOBBS
>>
>>77594858
And a doctor in the movie!

I'm pretty sure Clooney is a big part of why the show got made in the first place
>>
>>77594900
True, he was among the biggest fans of the original short and participated in popularizing it in Hollywood.
>>
>>77594766
Jenner is a Republican. At this point, I don't think it's possible for Republicans to get offended when Hollywood makes fun of them. It's just business as usual.
>>
most of them are fine with it. the ones they truly hate (streisand, rob reiner, etc) get pissed off and throw a shitfit, which is exactly what they want. the one they really upset was sally struthers who liked the show but thought they took it too far with her (which they "apologized" for in the episode where cartman thinks hes dead and apologies to everyone so he can move on from earth). even the phil collins slam was just because he won the award for best movie song over blame canada.
>>
what about the Steve Irwin joke
>>
how did bono and mel gibson react?
>>
>>77595071
Stan's Sweet 16 Party one? His daughter had no comment on it because she doesn't watch the show/she was also in a different country at the time working with animals. His other family memebers who DO watch the show, and who know that Satan is actual cooler than God were happy to see that Steve was invited to his sweet 16. They also liked how Satan himself said "too soon bro."

If I remember, Terry and Matt were fans of all of Irven's shows and that's what inspired the Rain Forest one where the kids go to South America for a choir concert.

Obama's family liked the episode where He and Michelle were super hero action spies living a double life as President and First Lady.
>>
>>77595071
For one reason or another I don't think they saw it.
>>
>>77595350
>that's what inspired the Rain Forest one
weird, the mini commentary said it was inspired after Matt went to South America on a retreat and came back hating it.
>>
>>77594766
There was also that time people were upset about The Jenner Halloween costume and she was perfectly fine with it.

Props for that.
>>
>>77594698
Oliver is based as fuck
>>
>>77595666
>she
>>77594648
>Caitlyn Jenner
>Caitlyn

Stop doing this.
>>
>>77595717
le gentinal mutilatipn mental disorder meme
>>
>>77595717
You're pissed because you think a person shouldn't tell you what to refer to them by.

But you yourself are telling me what to call them. Fuck off.
>>
>>77594582
That video has come up in almost every search of south park clips Ive made in the past like 2 months.
>>
>>77594500
He should be. He was fucking awesome.
>>
>>77595760
Bruce is trying to hide his true name so that when he achieves lichdom no one can use it to exercise power over him
But we know, Bruce, we know, and we won't let your skeleton have his way
>>
>>77594415
T Cruise was pretty much the only one to truly take offense to South Park.
>>
>>77594415
Tom Cruise allegedly tried to pressure Viacom into stopping the rebroadcast of Trapped in the Closet by refusing to do the publicity tour of MI:III.
>>
File: rcfrtw.png (1016 KB, 1358x768) Image search: [Google]
rcfrtw.png
1016 KB, 1358x768
>>77595851
Makin' movies, singin' songs n' fightin' rooound the wooorld~
>>
>>77594500
That's one of my favorite episodes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-DblXaqQMk
>>
>>77594415
How has Isaac Hayes not been brought up in this thread yet
>>
>>77595672
>>>/r/eddit
>>
File: nazi zombie chef.png (250 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
nazi zombie chef.png
250 KB, 600x300
>>77596021
because people dont want to dig up that corpse anon.
>>
>>77595212
Neither of them gave a public comment about it. Which I guess indicates that they took offense, but are smart enough to not whine about it.
I mean I'm sure Mel Gibson has seen more hateful shit about him.
>>
>>77595350
>He and Michelle were super hero action spies
They were not!Ocean's Eleven
>>
>>77594842
>>77594533
>"I'll choke the south park writer with a fish dick" - Kanye West
>>
>>77594533
>Barbara Streisand was pissed

She's a fucking awesome South Park character though. Mecha Streisand was GOAT.
>>
>>77595851
To be precise, he didn't like the portrayal ("Russel Crowe just fights people for no reason" was a bit of a low-hanging fruit at the time) but he was fine with being mocked by talented people he considers his friends.

I wonder if he's listened to the commentary when they make fun of the time he invited them to listen to his album,
>>
File: 029475256.png (77 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
029475256.png
77 KB, 205x205
>>77594611
He's fucking worfless
>>
File: s12e14_480.jpg (181 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
s12e14_480.jpg
181 KB, 640x480
>>77596021
Because Isaac Hayes never was parodied by South Park per se, he was a voice actor playing a part.
>>
>>77596278
What about The Return of Chef?
>>
>>77594533
Yeah, have they ever explained why she above all other figures deserves their true hatred?
>>
>>77596204
>>77594842
https://youtu.be/ghc_fc4R1rI
>>
>>77596158
they actually made a point that mel gibson know's what the fuck he's doing, even if he loves violence, he's the one who came up with the saving idea in imaginationland
>>
>>77596293
Was more a dig against scientology.
I mean it's not like they made fun of Isaac Hayes for having only 1 famous song or being a has-been, they still portrayed the character Chef, not Hayes.
>>
Russel Crow was upset that his character didn't sound like him. He would have loved to have sung "FIGHTIN AROUND THE WORLD!" in his own voice.
>>
>>77596344
They used Chef and the Super Adventure Club as a way of saying Hayes was brainwashed by Scientology. They were making fun of him for the reasons he left South Park. They may not have explicitly mentioned him in the episode, but that's like saying Season 19 Garrison isn't a satire of Trump.
>>
>>77596320
I loved how they put it
>Say what you want about Mel Gibson, but the son of a bitch knows story structure!
Which, yeah he does.

Still I would think that being portrayed as a masochist antisemitic version of Woody Woodpecker outweighs that.
>>
>>77594742
it was a case of manslaughter and I think he got away with it, quite a few people think jenner transitioned to cloud the drama.
>>
>>77596386
Bad press is still press.
>>
>>77596382
Yeah I understand that was the point of the episode, but it didn't really seem like much of an attack on Hayes to me.
Basically they were saying he was brainwashed, that this wasn't the normal Chef (Isaac Hayes). And again, they make no attack about anything but his belonging to this "fruity little club" that brainwashed him into a douche, they don't parody much about Isaac Hayes, they parody (or lash out, arguably) the situation.
>>
>>77596437
Mel Gibson doesn't exactly need press. The guy has been elected sexiest man alive several times, used to be a beloved actor, is a pretty succesful filmmaker all things considered, and is one of the most controversial celebrities in the world.

South Park is pretty far beneath him in terms of recognizability.
>>
>>77596404
>Uh oh I accidentally killed a dude
>Better turn into a woman

"Quite a few people" are retards
>>
>>77596685
Well see how many people know that Jenner killed someone by driving into them over how many people know Jenner for being trans. It's super easy to manipulate media like that considering the Kardashians are like the American royal family.
>>
Seems like most don't have a choice but to like it. Beside the few they actually dislike SP is pretty much just holding a mirror to their face. Pretty sure they treat South Park parodies the same way singers and rappers treat Weird Al parodies
>>
>>77596755
That's not the point. "Becoming a woman" isn't like flipping a switch. It's costly, it's incredibly invasive surgery, and it's absolutely life changing. It's not like he can just change back once it all blows over.
>>
>>77596544
Now he can only star in straight-to-dvd movies. His career have gone to shit.
>>
>>77594633
Sean Penn is a piece of shit so there you go
>>
File: want to imagine.png (652 KB, 736x1000) Image search: [Google]
want to imagine.png
652 KB, 736x1000
>>77596955
Thats because youve never been to Nazarick.
>>
>>77595750
/co/mblr please.
>>
>>77596955
>It's costly,
>Kardashines net worth is 4.6 billion.

Yeah..not making that number up. Look it up.
>>
>>77594533
>Kanye West thought it was a little harsh, but admitted that "he does need to work on his ego".

Lego. He made a typo in one tweet and you're clinging to it like mama's teats.
>>
>>77595672
Kill yourself, my friend.
>>
>>77597170
Medically the processes involved are probably irreversible. These are non trivial surgeries and chemical therapies that require years of consent forms and therapy before you can commence.

Except in the land of the free, where you can mutilate yourself if you've got money.
>>
File: oh god this guy.gif (417 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
oh god this guy.gif
417 KB, 267x199
>>77594533
>The Jonas Brothers were forbidden to watch it.
>>
>>77594633
Sean Penn also beat his wife with a baseball bat so that might just be how he shows his affections for others.
>>
I'd imagine most celebs consider it an honor at best and a reference at worst and know better than to be offended on a 20 year old show that made fun of everyone. Even if they did, they couldn't really bitch about lest they end up in the tiny handful of them that actually got offended
>>
>>77597904
This + it may have people change themselves
>>
>>77596294
>Part of the reason they disliked her was that after Colorado passed Amendment 2, an amendment to the Colorado state constitution forbidding homosexuals from being recognized as a protected class, Streisand made a public statement speaking out against the state and all its citizens, promising she would never visit Colorado again.
Basically, they hate her for being self-important and badmouthing the population of an entire state
>>
>>77597404
>The publicist for the Jonas Brothers specifically forbade reporters from asking the band about the episode; although Nick Jonas said they did not watch it, he did say it was an honor to be included in the show.
>>
>>77595717
Damn dude, that's so contrarian and cool
>>
>Richard Dawkins reacted to the two-part episode by saying, "I'm buggered if I like being portrayed as a cartoon character buggering a bald transvestite. I wouldn't have minded so much if only it had been in the service of some serious point, but if there was a serious point in there I couldn't discern it." In a Q & A session at the Free Library of Philadelphia Dawkins said: "I would have thought they could at least have got an actor that could do a proper British accent. Now, if only I could be offered a cameo role in The Simpsons, I could show that actor how to do a real British accent." Dawkins later made a cameo in the Simpsons episode "Black-Eyed, Please".

>When asked about the episode in a 2012 interview with Playboy magazine, Dawkins, who said it was the only episode of South Park he had seen, thought the future war among the different atheists sects, which he felt had "a certain amount of truth in it", harbored a greater potential for satire, as it reminded him of the Judean People's Front and the People's Front of Judea from the film Monty Python’s Life of Brian, but felt that too much of the episode was devoted to ridiculing him by depicting him having sex with Ms. Garrison, commenting, "That isn't satire because it has nothing to do with what I stand for. And the scatological part, where they had somebody throwing shit, which stuck to my forehead—that’s not even funny."
>>
>>77594533
By who?
>>
>>77598931
Seems pretty justified on her end though.
>>
>>77597904
I'm sure enough of them have ego problems that it actually offended them. I imagine if more people had seen 200&201 there would be more anger.
>>
>>77596955
If you had the inclination to do it anyways.
I don't think anyone is saying he transition just to try to get away with murder. It's more of a timing thing.
>>
>>77599140
Mickey, of course, hoho!
>>
>>77599153
Well, Matt and Trey's explanation behind it was that they're all for gay rights and stuff, but it's a dick move on her part to talk shit about an ENTIRE state, plus it's incredibly self-important of her to assume that her not going back to that state because of that is some big major move for gay rights.
>>
>>77599182
She's a giant hypocritical bitch is why they don't like her.
For example. She campaigned about the average american house size being to large while she herself lives in a mansion.
Skim her wiki if you have that much time to waste. It should have some of the dirt you're looking for.
>>
File: freddy laughs.jpg (30 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
freddy laughs.jpg
30 KB, 288x288
>>77597297
funny thing is there are rumors that bruce is regretting the surgery. and that he is taking painkillers constantly

plus he was butthurt his show barely got any viewers
>>
>>77595433
Yeah, Flea from RHCP kept going on and on about how amazing it was so he went and hated it because it was a third world shithole.
>>
>>77597238
>>77596083

Fuck you too /stormfront/
>>
>>77599547
come on, /tv/ anon, enough already
>>
>>77594533
The only thing Richard Dawkins were offended by was the lack of british accent.

Also who forbade the jonas brothers from seeing it, their mother?
>>
>>77599684

Their publicists and managers, probably...
>>
>>77594533
5 examples
Only the Jew and the 3 boys owned by Jews are pissed
Typicle
>>
File: mickey mouse.jpg (23 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
mickey mouse.jpg
23 KB, 512x384
>>77599684
i wonder. haha
>>
>>77599702
>>77599684
Because it was the truth
>>
>>77599153
She claimed that the entire state and all its people were shitty. Even the gay people in Colorado. It just comes off as ignorant on her end.
>>
>>77599770
Will mickey ever return?
>>
>>77595750
Perhaps /co/ isn't the best place to ask these questions, but why isn't transgender people seen as mentally ill? I'm mean we all make fun of the retard who think he's a wolf. What separates them?

I hear several arguments but I don't understand them. One is that gender and sex are two different things, but to me that have never been the case. I just see the two as synonymous. The second arguement I often hear is that they're born with a women's brain, but following that logic wouldn't that suggest that there objectively is such a thing as a real women to compare too?

Am I supposed to just nod and agree because it'll make the lives easier for transgender people, or am to believe what they tell me?
>>
>>77599111
"I wouldn't have minded so much if only it had been in the service of some serious point"

What a complete fucking moron, at least WATCH the two episodes before saying shit like this. The main point being portrayed is humans, and otters, have a social desire to believe in something much greater than themselves. Even going as far as killing each other because of their beliefs.

"That isn't satire because it has nothing to do with what I stand for. And the scatological part, where they had somebody throwing shit, which stuck to my forehead—that’s not even funny."

What a baby, he is a Brit though so at least he is committing to the "whiny Brit" routine
>>
>>77599845
Gender and sexuality is extremely complex for some atleast, society has warped it all so much but honestly is it really that much of a problem its not hurting anyone else just let them be until they start getting whiny about it then shit on them however much you want.
>>
>>77596955
He hasn't had surgery to be fair
>>
>>77599845

Actually, didn't South Park do an episode about that? When Mr. Garrison became Ms. Garrison, Gerald became a Dolphin and Kyle became a tall, skinny black guy with no fucking knees?
>>
Matt and Trey have said that 9 times out of 10, they don't really hate the celebrity they're making fun of, and it's done more for comedic value and the general concept of celebrity itself.

But they have gone on record saying they think Paris Hilton is truly a dumb bitch.

>>77599845
Because there are enough people who practice it now. There was a time when someone who loved a minority might be considered daft in the head. Save yourself the headache and accept that you can't change how you feel (that doesn't mean it's necessarily right, like if you feel the need to kill and diddle kids, but I guess the general logic is that if some bloke wants to be a dame, it doesn't really actually hurt anybody else.)
>>
>>77599845
Perverts and Abominations of nature are going to try and justify their existence because they exist. It is really that simple.
>>
>>77599975
Funny enough, it's in our nature to mate with as many as we can and much younger than modern society would have you do. So wouldn't the people who want to stay shackled to a single person forever be the true perverts?
>>
>>77599975
Your on /co/ you are both of those things.
>>
>>77599684
Uh i remember him not liking the him fucking a tranny
>>
>>77599975
What are you even doing on the website that hosts /d/?
>>
File: FAG.jpg (19 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
FAG.jpg
19 KB, 300x225
This isn't South Park, but in Team America the reason why Matt Damon keeps saying 'MYAAT DAYMEEN' in that dumb voice is because Matt and Trey thought the puppet for him looked retarded. When Matt Damon heard about it he thought it was hilarious.
>>
>>77599845
Pretty much what you said, it's a crock of pseudoscientific bullshit (this is coming from someone who graduated with honors as a psychology major) with no basis in anatomy or physiology, but you're not supposed to say anything about it to their face.
>>
>>77599972
>but I guess the general logic is that if some bloke wants to be a dame, it doesn't really actually hurt anybody else

But I don't see him as a women, and I don't understand the underlying reasons.

If enough otherkin started to pop up should we re-define what is means to a wolf for example? I just want to comprehend the logic behind it. If it's a mental illness and we just pretend that there the opposite sex I can understand that train of logic, but some people tell me that sex and gender are completely different things and I don't understand that. It's has always been the same thing to me. Perhaps I'm missing a piece of the puzzle and when it falls in its place I'll understand, but right now I just don't understand.
>>
>>77600124
you don't have to understand nigga, just comply. Use doublethink.
>>
>>77600157
Javel, Hr. O'Brien!
>>
>>77595908
Now i have a great idea for a bbeg
>>
>>77597006
The movies he makes make money. The Passion was the highest grossing R-rated movie of all time.
>>
File: 1373951856202.png (125 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1373951856202.png
125 KB, 250x238
>>77599971
Christ, I had completely forgotten the horrors of that episode until you brought them back to me.
>>
>>77595672
>CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>77600472

I've been doing a marathon of the series recently and watched that episode last night, so it was fresh in my mind.
>>
>>77600472
So transphobic when you think back, don't you agree?
>>
>>77595672
Remind me, what year is it?
>>
>>77600590

It was before such double-speak horseshit existed.

>>77600639

B.T. - Before Trump.
>>
>>77599836
He did.
>>
>>77600639
>>
File: 1395074304484.jpg (15 KB, 134x134) Image search: [Google]
1395074304484.jpg
15 KB, 134x134
>>77599111
Wow, Richard Dawkins can't take a joke on his expense. What a shocker.
>>
>>77599845
I'm not going to argue over whether or not transgender people are crazy or not, but as far as them being compared to otherkin and the like, consider the following: In the womb, we're all female. Then, we either stay that way or become male. It's not conclusive, but at the very least one can take it and form a decent hypothesis as to how an individual might identify outside their sex. This differs from someone who thinks they're a dog or a lizard because they were never one of those in the womb, it's literally impossible, and therefore can be said without any doubt to be a sign of insanity, stupidity, or over enthusiasm.
>>
>>77600665
I mean in a new episode.
>>
File: r.jpg (71 KB, 785x586) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
71 KB, 785x586
>>77599684
>Richard Dawkins reacted to the two-part episode by saying, "I'm buggered if I like being portrayed as a cartoon character buggering a bald transvestite. I wouldn't have minded so much if only it had been in the service of some serious point, but if there was a serious point in there I couldn't discern it."

>When asked about the episode in a 2012 interview with Playboy magazine, Dawkins, who said it was the only episode of South Park he had seen, thought the future war among the different atheists sects, which he felt had "a certain amount of truth in it", harbored a greater potential for satire, as it reminded him of the Judean People's Front and the People's Front of Judea from the film Monty Python’s Life of Brian, but felt that too much of the episode was devoted to ridiculing him by depicting him having sex with Ms. Garrison, commenting, "That isn't satire because it has nothing to do with what I stand for. And the scatological part, where they had somebody throwing shit, which stuck to my forehead—that’s not even funny."

How can one man be so based?
>>
>>77600735
>too much of the episode was devoted to ridiculing him by depicting him having sex with Ms. Garrison

5 minutes in 3 episodes.
>>
>>77600770

2 Episodes.
>>
>>77599845
Why would you make fun of someone who are legitimately mentally ill? Some 15 year old girl pretending to be an otherkin of her fursona is laughable as fuck, I'll grant you that, but some schizophrenic who genuinely believes they suffer from lycanthropy is just plain sad. That's the reality their brains are trapped in, no matter how illogical or dumb it may seem to anyone else, which can only makes it all the more terrible to endure. If being trans means having that kind of mental dissociation with your own body, and it's not just some development anomaly that can be undone with therapy and medication, then I honestly don't see why they're subjected to ridicule in the first place. Just let them transition to a point where they can passably resemble what their brains insist they are, and then they're happy, and no one's bothered by the person with a man's body in woman's clothing with titties.

Sure. Trying to rationalize a million different 'genders', and coddling trans folk in such a tightly knit hugbox that they have no depth perception to actual social norms is definitely the wrong way to go about it, but that doesn't mean they should all be hated just because their 'advocates' are colossal retards.
>>
>>77596755
I'm not american - i thought kardashians was just a televison show about some family? are they really that important?
>>
>>77600683
I understand that people can think they're the opposite sex, but I get more lost on the gender stuff. Do they truly want me to see a transgender person as the opposite sex they were born with, or is it just something we tell them to feel better about themselves?
>>
>that episode where they outright state that they dislike alot of Family Guy, but also that they think it has a little merit

Was it true that Mike Judge sent them a gift basket over that episode?
>>
>>77600821
I don't advocate hatred. But I get told all the time on the internet that they're genuine women and I don't understand why. I mean people on here tell me that they're not and I should just pretend, that I can understand.
>>
>>77599972
>it doesn't really actually hurt anybody else
i'm just trying to hypothize here, but wouldn't it hurt the feminist movement? That your genitals don't tell you who you are and how you should act like? It enforces the idea that there is a certain way to be a woman.
>>
>>77600991
well some do go nuts and think they are real women, for most its just a form of coping.

we have no way to fix it currently, and by the time we do you will most likely be able to fully swap genders.

gender and sex are two different things, don't bother looking into it honestly.

just live your life and let them live theirs.
>>
>>77601160
>gender and sex are two different things, don't bother looking into it honestly

Could you explain?
>>
>>77601110
yeah transgenders shit all over feminism, alot of feminists hate trans now.

they reinforce the gender roles too since trans are overly feminine usually
>>
>>77601187
Long story short, some idiots take the sociology/social psychology distinction between "gender" and "sex" and try to apply it outside the context of sociology social psychology.
>>
>>77601187
>Sex refers to the biological and physiological characteristics, while gender refers to behaviors, roles, expectations, and activities in society. Sex refers to male or female, while gender refers to masculine or feminine.
>>
File: 1445638793113.png (278 KB, 495x526) Image search: [Google]
1445638793113.png
278 KB, 495x526
>>77599972
>it doesn't really actually hurt anybody else
Hurts the family that has to bear the economical burden

Hurts the loved ones that have to deal with the transition and the eventual mental breakdown when the mentally ill person realizes there is no going back and isnt comfortable in the mutilated body.

It hurts tax payers, medics and other users of emergency services when Bob realizes he will never really be Sally even though he spent a retarded amount of money to fuck his hormones and tries to solve everything via wrist cutting, choking on fumes, ODing on pills or taking a good ol dose of vitamin lead applied to the forehead.
>>
File: embryo-compare.jpg (259 KB, 1293x1209) Image search: [Google]
embryo-compare.jpg
259 KB, 1293x1209
>>77600683
actually animal embryo start off very similar, and even a little further along they are still pretty similar.
so seems about as likely as the gender theory.i think i understand what you're getting at, but i dont think it holds much weight.
>>
>>77601252
So if a women is masculine, or does something that is seen as a man's job, she's a man? I've always been thought, and think, that gender is synonymous with sex. Only in, like, the last three years have I seen this distinction being thrown around.
>>
>>77601268
capitalism at work friend, all those people get paid.
except the family, they can go fuck themselves though
>>
>>77600881
Personally I think the number of transgender people would decrease significantly if we stopped caring about gender so much.

Being trans basically means changing yourself to look like the opposite sex, so that society perceives you as that sex, but if nobody gave a shit either way I don't think people would get so hung up on it. You could just be a guy who wears dresses or some shit and that would be fine.
>>
>>77601366
i dunno man, shits weird honestly
i'm just going with the flow.

the idea that certain things are more masculine is weird anyway, just shit as a society we assign to certain things
>>
>>77601417
But All he would still be a guy. Are we just to ignore that there are two genders in the world. Should we teach boys that they may get periods?
>>
File: 1292662_ToyBadgers_y.jpg (135 KB, 629x929) Image search: [Google]
1292662_ToyBadgers_y.jpg
135 KB, 629x929
>>77601417
this, the concept of trans is inherently flawed.
because sex/gender doesn't actually exist, its just a label we throw on people and things.

tbqh i wouldn't mind gender shit being removed from clothes, i want to wear a skirt they look comfy
>>
>>77601417
The problem is, that people care a whole lot for gender because the price of decent pussy (decent being not having been used by more than 5 cocks) has been inflated beyond the value of platinum.

I have no idea how anyone would go about solving this problem though, maybe when the Japs finally finish building fully functioning sexbots.

Then again the SJWs are already throwing shitfits over artificial pussy.
>>
>>77600683
>In the womb, we're all female
Who told you that complete and utter bullshit? Were you never taught human biology?
>>
>>77601445
So just nod, agree and don't question any of it?
>>
>>77601470
you can still teach the differences without giving a shit, we are slowly moving towards it anyway with the rise of feminism
>>
>>77601506
i question it, just not rude about it.
i see no reason to bitch about it everyone can do what they want with there bodies, might be because i'm a trans-humanist though
>>
>>77601194
TERFs have always been a huge subset of rad feminists
>>
>>77601498
It's the same people who parrot shit like "were all africans".
>>
>>77600821
Most of us never had any strong opinions about trannies before tumblr though. Just like I used to consider myself a feminist back in the 90's. I don't fight their right to exist or be happy, but as long as they continue to act shitty and say retarded things, I'll continue to ridicule them.
>>
>>77601498
I've heard this parroted around by people who should know a great deal about biology. Care to tell us why it isn't true.
>>
>>77601366
Masculinity is the behaviors, presentation, and attitudes associated with men within a given culture.
>>
File: listen and believe.jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
listen and believe.jpg
48 KB, 600x450
>>77601506
>>
>>77601615
What changed your stance on feminism? Were it manspreading, or something similar?
>>
File: 1447837368165.png (620 KB, 772x575) Image search: [Google]
1447837368165.png
620 KB, 772x575
good thread desu. nice to discussion instead of shit flinging

>>77601653
masculinity is one of the reasons male suicide is so high too
>>
>>77601252
so if you're born male and act feminine, you're still just a queer because you can't actually change your sex and will always be male. Seems reasonable.
>>
>>77601470
>But All he would still be a guy
He would be a guy but he wouldn't care because nobody would care. Being a guy wearing girls' clothes would be about on par with dyeing your hair. Doesn't make you a natural blonde but who really gives a shit?

>>77601481
Well, sex definitely exists. Most people fit in to one of the main two, and then there are some outliers, but we definitely don't need to care about a person's sex as much as we do.
>>
>>77601653
So she's still a women, but doing a manly things, right?

I mean just because I wear a dress does not turn me into a women.
>>
>>77601647
Im not that anon but a fetus doesnt have a gender before the sexual organs are there, just because the fetus in question doesnt have a Y chromosome YET doesnt mean its female.
>>
>>77601714
So it would be correct to say that a fetus starts out with an X chromosomes and the latter one decides the gender.
>>
>>77595908
Underrated Post
>>
>>77601490
just move to Europe. Modern feminism is a problem unique to the united states. Over here we don't have rape scandals in every university, we don't have people taking radfems seriously on television and don't have armies of whiteknights making fat chicks think they're healthy.
>>
>>77601706
That would be correct.
>>
>>77601786
SWEDEN, YES!
>>
>>77601788
So where does the part about cutting your dick off come in?
>>
>>77601834
>Implying it won't be a conservative caliphate within the century

Muslims hate gays more than anybody I know. Sweden is in for an awakening.
>>
>>77601786
Sweden.
>>
>>77601836
A related but distinct issue. Transsexualism involves inducing physiological changes to conform to a male or female body type.
>>
>>77601935
So it is physiological and they're still there assigned their original gender.
>>
File: woody holy crap lol.jpg (8 KB, 187x187) Image search: [Google]
woody holy crap lol.jpg
8 KB, 187x187
>>77594533

>>
>>77601957
Are you using gender as a synonym for sex or are you using it in the sociological sense?
>>
File: uk very progressive.png (150 KB, 465x410) Image search: [Google]
uk very progressive.png
150 KB, 465x410
>>77601786
>we don't have rape scandals
nope youve got a whole other slew of problems.
>>
>>77602000
Synonym for sex. What's the other definition?
>>
>>77601706
kek subtle /pol/ troll
>>
>>77594766
>going out of your way to say 'he' instead of 'she'
I call woo-woo on you!
>>
>>77601836
actual post op trans are in the minority of trans, alot hate there dick obviously, some don't mind it.
but cutting it off is actually being persuaded against lately
>>
>>77596231
Of course she was. Matt and Trey make it very clear the all the celebrity things in South Park are a friendly jab.

With exception to Barbara Streisand who they genuinely hate.
>>
>>77602045
>Any opinion that isn't in agreement with the politically correct crowd is a /pol/ troll

Explain how that logic is wrong.
>>
>>77602029
Cultural standards of behavior for the sexes.

Assigned sex is big deal with trans issues. There are numerous legal workings that must be addressed while transitioning to be regarded legally as the opposite sex.
>>
File: Check your facts you fuckwits.jpg (27 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Check your facts you fuckwits.jpg
27 KB, 350x350
>>77601714
>>77601772

I'm>>77601498

Chromosomes aren't genitals, they're just the packages that contain most of your dna. You get half from each parent at conception. A male fetus has a Y chromosome before it even splits from being a single cell since sex is decided by whether the sperm had a Y or an X allosome.

the fetus starts developing genitals during the first trimester according to hormonal input decided by the allosome. This is also where the brains development shifts rails toward either male or female. The fetus is not female before it develops genitals, it simply has no genitals. It's not exactly sexless either, since the sex is already hardcoded into the dna.

Male and female genital development obviously vary greatly, which is why hormonal imbalances can be pretty disastrous for a fetus, resulting in shrunken testes and enlarged clitoris and such. There are extremely rare cases of XX males and XY females, but these are usually sterile and/or malformed.

Any of you could have looked this up in 10 seconds, but I decided I might as well type it out instead of just giving a link you wont follow.
>>
File: 1441837238327.gif (877 KB, 375x304) Image search: [Google]
1441837238327.gif
877 KB, 375x304
>>77602045
>>
>>77602125
its not wrong, your wording just seems to be a subtle troll
>>
File: never change.gif (885 KB, 375x304) Image search: [Google]
never change.gif
885 KB, 375x304
>>77602164
>>
>>77602164
>the nose doesn't turn red

Shame.
>>
>>77602193
>Hitler mustache doesn't fade in

Shit tier, mate.
>>
>>77602151
i hear that extreme estrogen during development is what makes trans happen, that true?
heard a few people say that trans brains are actually female, and that it has been confirmed with autopsies

also xxy is very common
>>
File: it was me momon.gif (711 KB, 375x304) Image search: [Google]
it was me momon.gif
711 KB, 375x304
>>77602193
>>
File: 1439051650713.jpg (6 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
1439051650713.jpg
6 KB, 240x210
>>77600874
>are they really that important?
Dear god no. The only people who think they're important are retarded.
>>
>>77602164
>>77602193
>>77602234
Now we wait for the "UK=Iraq"
>>
>>77594415
>oh yeah it was funny big fan of the show i though t it was really funny
damage control 101 you fucking fags
>>
File: double helix.jpg (12 KB, 301x168) Image search: [Google]
double helix.jpg
12 KB, 301x168
>>77602230
>also xxy is very common

Im sorry if im being retarded, but how do you fit a third thing into this?
>>
>>77602011
I've never been to GB, but it really doesn't count as Europe. They're more USA light.
>>77601834
>>77601889
I spend a few weeks in Sweden every year and have a few friends over there. They're definitely more tumblr then the rest of scandinavia, but the epic screencaps and /pol/threads are rather nitpicky and blow shit way out of proportion. I still wouldn't live there if I had to be near their bigger cities where the kebab amasses though.
Also, maybe pick one of the other 50 countries you pettifoggers.
>>
>>77602172
I'm genuinely curious, how?
>>
>>77602230
Define common. When talking about 6 billion some numbers can be seen as relatively big, when they're small.
>>
File: 1423269611524.jpg (247 KB, 873x1578) Image search: [Google]
1423269611524.jpg
247 KB, 873x1578
>>77602285
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter_syndrome
it happens
also they make the best femboys
>>
>>77602331
i can't find any exact stats, but its one of the more common variants.

so i guess a percent to a few percent of all births
>>
>>77602230
>>77602285
It's estimated 1 in 1000 males are born xxy. It's caused by 'mutated' sperm or egg cells that have an extra allosome. The extra x allosome disrupts fetal development and you end up with only partially developed genitals, usually small testes and micropenis. xxy males often suffer from learning disabilities and social awkwardness.

I don't know that it has any bearing on the issue ITT. I've never seen data on whether xxy are more likely to have gender identity issues.
>>
>>77602587
meh just thought i would mention it. it happens more frequently the older the mother too.
>>
File: I'd felt his kline.png (232 KB, 325x466) Image search: [Google]
I'd felt his kline.png
232 KB, 325x466
>>77602331
see
>>77602587
I type too slow.

>>77602341
They usually look like pic related ...
I mean whatever floats your boat man
>>
>>77602341
is that ass in london

source pls
>>
>>77599140
The Jonas Dad
>>
>>77602725
Linkara makes sense now.
>>
>>77602230
I was reading this article because of this thread. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/opinion/sunday/what-makes-a-woman.html?_r=1
There's this point.
"Brains are a good place to begin because one thing that science has learned about them is that they’re in fact shaped by experience, cultural and otherwise. The part of the brain that deals with navigation is enlarged in London taxi drivers, as is the region dealing with the movement of the fingers of the left hand in right-handed violinists.

“You can’t pick up a brain and say ‘that’s a girl’s brain’ or ‘that’s a boy’s brain,’ ” Gina Rippon, a neuroscientist at Britain’s Aston University, told The Telegraph last year. The differences between male and female brains are caused by the “drip, drip, drip” of the gendered environment, she said."
>>
>>77602725
nah only the fat ones look like that, the ones who are decent bf% look cute as fuck.
>>77602762
source is assbro
https://mega.nz/#F!OxFWWT6Q!OgSbY-uVqNe1AZ0qfDiaYA
>>
>>77602846
oh very neat, i know the way we interact with tech is changing our brains too.

kinda neat how our brains can change though, seems humans are hella good at adapting
>>
>>77602911
If we weren't we wouldn't be here.
>>
>>77601498
Did you not watch Jurassic Park? They make the dinosaurs all females by denying the capability of turning into males during embryonic development. The same applies to humans, on an embryonic level, we default as females. Nothing to get your panties in a twist over.
>>
>>77601772
You can have xy but your male parts won't develop as male organs unless you're exposed to certain hormones during your time in the womb. There are people who physical female nut geneticly male. This causes all kinds of problems later in life
>>
>>77602911
it's how we became such proficient tool users to begin with
>>
>>77603120
one day, one day we will have functioning futas
science demands it
>>
>>77603140
>>77603094
>>77602911
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2885213/Are-smartphones-changing-shape-BRAINS-Area-controls-thumbs-larger-people-use-touchscreens-daily.html
>>
>>77603205
I hear that because of computers we remember things differently. Could there be truth to this?
>>
>>77603146
Intersexed my friend. Intersexed.
>>
>>77603260
i've heard the same, the net is fucking our memory and attention spans.

its not a bad thing though, no need to remember that shit if you can just google it and the attention span stops over information sending us insane basically
>>
>>77603268
but they aren't fully functioning
>>
>>77602846
>>77602911
>>77603260
>2035
>all changes on facebook's design secretly turned everyobdy into a kek
>and one african is the only "redpilled" in the world
>starring black Vin Diesel
>>
>>77603108
A science fiction book from 1990 may not be the best source of information about this.

I can't comment on what happens to the dinos in Jurassic Park, since I couldn't find an explanation on how it was supposed to work. Fetuses don't start off females and turn into males, a male and female twin will develop separate gendered genitals in parallel in the womb from the moment they begin to form genitals. See http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html
As discussed earlier, hormonal disruptions can destroy this process in a manner of ways. If a male fetus was denied male hormones and supplied female hormones, it would develop female genitals (or at least malformed genitals). The same is true vice versa. This >>77602725 is caused by a similar situation.

>panties in a twist
I dislike when people spread blatant misinformation, especially when it serves an agenda.
>>
>>77603454
>2035
>AI hasn't taken over the earth
shit future desu
>>
>>77603497
The AI thought it would be funnier to colonize the rest of the solar system and place cameras around our planet to stream our retarded species out as entertainment for the rest of the Galactic Federation.
>>
>>77603595
fuck
i think i would prefer the AI to kill us all then do that
>>
>>77603595
>earthlings make CWC a truman's show
>while everybody else does this to us
Its like pottery
>>
>>77599845
i dont understand it either. my aunt just died and i just discovered they were my uncle. she wrecked her life, got a divorce, pretty much gave up her child and family because they wanted to be a woman. why? how on earth is it healthy for you to place so much importance on your genitals that you give up your infant child and move to new york, just to delude yourself further? theres no way i can believe that is right. my life doesnt revolve around being female, days can go by where i dont even think about it. i dont understand how it isn't a mental illness.
>>
File: 1447002417156.jpg (1006 KB, 1236x915) Image search: [Google]
1447002417156.jpg
1006 KB, 1236x915
>>77599845
I think it is considered an illness by the vast majority of psychology (though keep in mind psychology is by far the most retarded scientific field), but a lot of people misunderstand the implications of the term. You don't throw mentally ill people in an asylum or "cure" them, you help them adjust to living with their condition.

One way many trans dudes do this is by getting surgery. The reason people continue to be unhappy after this is because they are still not accepted as their preferred gender by many people. It's one thing when someone insists they be called Xe on Sundays, Fer on odd numbered days in even numbered months and pass out calendars so people can keep track of their pronouns, but when all someone is asking is to call them a her and use their preferred name I don't know why so many people have such a problem with it. If some guy named Thomas asked to be called Tom, are you gonna be a dick and call him Thomas because you think he's delusional? Who the fuck cares?

There's debate on whether surgery is actually a healthy coping mechanism but that's not really random internet peoples' place to decide.

The thing with wolf people is most of them don't legitimately believe they're a wolf, they're just being faggots, and there's probably no genetic trigger that causes you to think you're a wolf like what causes gayness and what some scientists believe might cause transgenderism.

I do think the gender=/=sex thing is dumb though, being masculine doesn't mean you're a dude, it just means you're masculine. Some guys just dig masculine girls. I don't think there are traits that are inherently male or female. People should stop treating sexuality like "you're either gay or you're straight" and stop inventing labels for every single preference. You just want to fuck who you want to fuck and nobody should give a shit. The human brain naturally tries to force everything into categories but as any scientist knows things rarely fall neatly into those.
>>
>>77603885
People don't need to be diagnosed to do crazy shit. Your uncle sounds like a real selfish piece of shit.
>>
>>77603885
what did she do in her "new" life?
>>
>>77594838
Paramount Pictures and the Church of Scientology were pressuring him to get the episode pulled
>>
>>77604141
Psychology uses the term disorder rather than illness due to the connotations that come with the word illness.

And no matter what the STEM dropouts tell you, psychology is a legit scientific field.
>>
>>77604144
i dont remember. everything i knew about her turned out to really be from before she came out, did a lot for the army and has tons of metals. going to be buried in Arlington cemetery.

daughter contacted her when she was like 25, met her at the airport, surprised to see she didnt have a dad anymore. im pretty sure they kept in contact from then on, but she had no part in raising her.
>>
File: image.png (173 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
image.png
173 KB, 500x379
>>77599140
Stop asking stupid questions, you stupid motherfucker hahyuck
>>
>>77602846
Also the fact that you either have estrogen or testosterone pumping through your brain affects your behavior, which affects your brain development. Those chemicals can be affected by your environment, but it is the body's natural way of moulding your brain to better suit reproduction.
>>
>>77600904
Seth MacFarlane liked that episode, referring to it in FG episode commentaries and stating in-character as Stewie at a speech he gave somewhere that Matt and Trey are above the indulgence of just putting in random shit to be funny without regard to storytelling and that he completely respects that.
>>
>>77604295
It's my understanding that a condition is only a disorder if it starts to keep you from living your life, and psychiatry has the goal of upgrading peoples' disorders to a condition.

I also know psychology is a science, but it's so new and difficult to actually study that a lot of what's been done belongs in the trash. Studies are wrought with confirmation bias and inconclusive results which yes is not something unique to psychology, but it seems its newness makes it very difficult to properly educate new researchers, and of course there's the infamous schism between biological/observational and the more abstract side of the field. IMO the abstract side seems to have more backing by real-life application, and the biological side is not developed enough to actually be of use, but I'm not a psychologist, I'm a biologist looking in, and the epic meme that biology just shits on psychology to fit in with chemistry and physics exists for a reason.
>>
>>77596955
Just because you spend a shit ton of cash does not change your gender.
>>
>>77604999
well eventually you will be able to (i hope anyway)
>>77604141
this
idiots still think we throw people in asylums, you just try and best manage this shit and help these people live life to the best of there ability
>>
>>77604889
Funny, the bio side is usually regarded as a hard science due to all the properly formed experiments and shit. Part of the problem is that psychology has massive restrictions on experiment subject and procedure. Human subject experiments that would require a short brief and legal waiver in other fields would take months to secure multiple levels of approval, require a long, intensive informative brief, and extensive debriefing in psychology.
>>
>>77605255
stupid ethics and morals
we should just open up human testing.
>>
>>77605287
Not the point, but okay.
>>
>>77600784
>>77600770
Isn't each episode like 20 minutes long? I'd say 25% of an episode is a bit much.
>>
>>77594842
Kim K's a pretty good sport all things considered. Why do people hate her again?
>>
>>77606642

she made an empire out of a sex tape she was supposed to be embarrassed about
>>
Jerry Seinfeld made a big deal about being available to do a voice on the show. They offered him a role as one of the turkeys in a Thanksgiving episode and he refused.
>>
Has James Cameron responded to his appearance or song in Raising the bar?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.