[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pixar Theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: pixar-theory-image-2.jpg (211 KB, 1062x751) Image search: [Google]
pixar-theory-image-2.jpg
211 KB, 1062x751
Does it hold up well?
>>
No, not at all.

Most of the movies "fit" only because they're so separate they can't possibly contradict each other. Then you have the Monsters part which is just unbridled retardation and grasping at straws.
>>
>>77508943
But what if it's all part of Walt's dream?
>>
>>77508943
Basically this.

Regardless of how different they are in terms of tone or setting most of them don't actually mess with the plots of each other.

The fact there could have been a princess who did magic bear mother shit doesn't really mesh with Toy Story or The Incredibles but it's not as if they cancel each other out. I mean after all it's all focusing on a very specific story being told. A Bug's Life just takes place in like a twenty foot patch of land who cares how it interacts with Finding Nemo. Even Wall-E being a grim end isn't that bad and could fit.

But then you have Cars and shit where it get's fucking stupid and you're honestly just trying to fit shit together that didn't fit in the first place so it all falls apart.

Which is the thing none of it fucking fits together. You have funny cameos like the Pizza Planet truck but that means fuck all. Just because two stories don't negate each other doesn't mean they suddenly mesh together perfectly as some giant meta stage for all stories of Pixar to be told.
>>
There should have been a split timeline like Zelda.
>>
>>77508857

This is retarded and convuleted and very, very forced. It makes no sense too. I mean whoever put this graph together needs to take their mac book back to graphic design class. It's just sloppy.

>>77509296

>Which is the thing none of it fucking fits together.

This. Someone's trying hard to go for one of those "YOULL NEVER LOOK AT [XYZ] THE SAME AGAIN AFTER THIS THEORY!" clickbait articles or something.

Give my some weed, all the pixar movies and a notepad and I can probably come up with something that connects them all while making more sense.
>>
>>77508943

If you ignore Cars entirely it works but mostly because of what you said. The little cameos like Boo in TS3 make it fun to think about.

But every single one that tries to incorporate Cars turns into the dumbest bullshit.
>>
>>77513818
I'd honestly believe it if it just stuck with Finding Nemo and Bugs Life.
>>
>>77508857
Bugs life makes no sense.
The human items are way too new to be post apocalypse
>>
>>77513818

Sometimes I like to look at cars like it's one big metaphor. All the characters are actually humans but they're replaced visually with the cars they drive to show how our vehicles shape our personality and/or vice versa.
>>
>>77508857
Toy story 2 canonically takes place at the same time as bugs life 2
>>
This is going to go to shit when dinosaur and humans live together in modern day.
>>
>>77508857
It never held up. It's unoriginal, not clever, and lame.
>>
>>77513818
>cameos like Boo in TS3
except this was confirmed to not really be a thing and its just a girl thats sort of like Boo

When Pixar does cameos they make them pretty fucking unambiguous
>>
File: 1365096090148.jpg (71 KB, 420x378) Image search: [Google]
1365096090148.jpg
71 KB, 420x378
>Monster Inc is at the end
You completely fucked up
>>
The reason humans are normally the antagonists, is the same reason that white men are the default antagonists when humans are also the protagonists.

Because no one cares about them. It's safe.

They act as individuals, and don't cause uproar or social media thinkpieces when made fun of.

And no I'm not upset by any of it. I don't mind that people do this. And the sooner no one else cares, the better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeixtYS-P3s

Because that's what actual equality is.

Sorry to make this more about race than species, OP. Humans are the top dog, and a few movies aren't going to change that.
>>
>>77518187
/tv/ please go
>>
>>77518206
no tho
>>
Are we counting the credits "gags" as canon? Flik and Heimlich are on a branch that gets brushed away by Buzz in Toy Story 2, placing them in the same time period.
>>
>>77519597
Also, the Toyota remains unchanged throughout every single film, Brave and Wall-E not withstanding since those aren't in our time.
>>
File: 1314577491437.jpg (9 KB, 285x249) Image search: [Google]
1314577491437.jpg
9 KB, 285x249
>>77508857
>People still try to tie Cars world up as some kind of post-apocalyptic scenario.

>It never crosses their minds that the Cars series can easily be tied up with Toy Story as "We are just seeing a kid's imagination like in Toy Story 3, playing with his toy cars."

The fact Dinoco is a big brand in Cars (easily as being brands in the cars or sets, the whole world being human-structured even though they are cars, and how the genre of the series passed from racing to spy flick (simply the kid imagining another story.)

However, these kind of people are always trying to make it dramatic.
>>
I always thought that, inside the overall Pixar Multiverse, Cars and the Incredibles were both considered fiction while Toy Story/Bug's Life/Monsters Inc. were the actual in universe settings. Wall-E was the future of this universe, and Brave was the past. Any other Pixar film fit somewhere in this timeline.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.