[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recomendations; [Non-Superhero] Sifi comics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: girl-genius-v8.jpg (81 KB, 400x590) Image search: [Google]
girl-genius-v8.jpg
81 KB, 400x590
Are you honestly telling me that superhero comics are the only way to produce quality sifi content? HUMBUG! Please post printed comics or webcomics that has sifi elements as a central focus to carry the plot, no matter how outlandish it is(pic related), don't post things that has sifi elements just to flavor the world (I'm looking at you Starwars)
>>
>>83148364
Okay, let us combat the big 2 reboot extravaganza with some recs.

>The First Kingdom
>Not only are words like "epic saga" appropriate when describing The First Kingdom, so are words like "dense." And I don't mean dense in a bad way...it's simply that Jack Katz (who is both writer and artist) packs more information into a single page of The First Kingdom than modern comics readers are accustomed to. Lots more. This is a fine thing, but it does make for some impenetrable reading from time to time. This volume has a cast of characters that could rival the Iliad in size, and its scope (if you can imagine that) is even larger. This isn't a quick or easy read, but it's quite possible (especially as future volumes are released) that it will be an increasingly rewarding one.
>>
>>83148364
I liked it for a time but the castle dragged on so long I just stopped caring
>>
>>83148685
The castle was the worst. They're in a library now!
>>
>>83148634
>Thread starts out strong
>Hope it finishes strong
Nice rec anon, i'm actually hyped now
>>
File: trinikopo_cover.jpg (606 KB, 1500x2062) Image search: [Google]
trinikopo_cover.jpg
606 KB, 1500x2062
>The Nikopol Trilogy
>For thirty years, Alcide Nikopol has floated alone in space, sentenced to cryo-preservation. When he finally returns to Earth, the year is 2023, and the world has been ravaged by two nuclear wars!
>But the strangest change in the world floats above Paris – a giant pyramid, home to the recently returned Egyptian Gods, who would like to reclaim humanity as theirs, if only they could all agree…
>>
File: 2001 Nights.jpg (623 KB, 988x1516) Image search: [Google]
2001 Nights.jpg
623 KB, 988x1516
Assuming this thread doesn't really have a preference of type of science fiction or location or origin.

The highest recommendation I can give goes to

2001 Nights by Yukinobu Hoshino

An science fiction anthology of tales that show the growth and progress of humanity into the stars.
>>
File: winter.jpg (277 KB, 964x1500) Image search: [Google]
winter.jpg
277 KB, 964x1500
>Winterworld
>In a bleak and desolate future, when our world has been encased in ice from pole to pole, an amoral adventurer and an orphaned girl form an unlikely alliance, and together fight tooth and nail to stay alive!

More coming if this thread picks up, I suppose.
>>
>>83148953
eyeballs seem to be looking elsewhere even more than usual today.
>>
>>83148917
OP Here
Your assumption is correct
>>
>>83148364
I'm bumping this thread in hopes that i can see more quality content
>>
>>83148784
Started off fun but took a hard right into crazy town after the first part and I stopped caring what was going on
>>
>>83149605
Have any better recommendations?
>>
Gold Digger. But I'm you all knew that.
>>
File: 2313301-shakarasc.jpg (68 KB, 457x640) Image search: [Google]
2313301-shakarasc.jpg
68 KB, 457x640
>>83149667
Ummm

Shakara, I guess?

It's a lot more straightforward than what Nikopol turned into, though
>>
>>83149605
But I really like when stuff goes into crazy town.

>>83148953 this is much more straight forward, and the art is fantastic, have you read it?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.