[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Updates!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: UpscaledFrame.png (1012 KB, 1440x1088) Image search: [Google]
UpscaledFrame.png
1012 KB, 1440x1088
Hey /co/! Remember the "surprise"?
Well here it is - I'm continuing the upscale.
There's a catch, though - I'm changing the way it works. It's not just my laptop anymore.
It's everybody.
Now it's online-based and depends on all of you guys' help!

All the original frames will be uploaded to this "unlimited" server I got, then upscaled by whoever wants to help and re-uploaded there.
I'm trying to figure out a way to automatize this process (sure, it's easy enough to do for one or two frames, but not 30K).

In the meantime, thoughts? Suggestions?
>>
Sad nobody's bothered to reply
>>
I'd help out with this, but probably just for one episode. There aren't too many episodes though, so getting 30+ people to do one episode each shouldn't be too hard.

If by automate the process you mean make it easy for anyone to download all the frames for an episode, then you should put them into a .zip or .rar file. Then when someone's done upscaling, they zip up the files and upload the .zip on the server.

You should also upload the upscaling program, and a readme for setting it up and what settings to use when upscaling.

Also I have some questions. How does this server work? Is it already a website, or is it like your own website you're setting up? And how would other people upload files to it?
>>
>>82930185
>automation
Ever heard of SheepIt? They're a Blender render farm. Their client is open-source so I'm reverse-engineering the code to get it to work with W2X and automatically download, upscale and upload frames.
>server
It's a site server I got. People would use it through FTP.
>>
>>82930285
>SheepIt
I looked it up and that certainly seems a lot easier than what I was imagining.
>>
File: 1372265654830.gif (62 KB, 571x488) Image search: [Google]
1372265654830.gif
62 KB, 571x488
Hype!
>>
why do people want their cartoons bigger anyway? it's just lines and flats. the only difference for HD is you can read tiny little background notes and shit
>>
>>82931274
From Portal 2:
It isn't about why - it's about why *not*?
>>
File: 1303595142202.png (11 KB, 367x336) Image search: [Google]
1303595142202.png
11 KB, 367x336
>>82931274
It's not just an upscale.
In this particular case the available source materail is pretty mediocre, so there's a noticeable improvement in image quality.

Watching 480p on a 50" screen sucks dick as well.
>>
>>82929469
So where are the links to the episodes?
>>
>>82932244
You mean link to the episode, right? Because only one got ever finished.

Anyways, https://mega.nz/#!WsBSxAaK!TcZVnbk4oDdRuK21kzPsq8S-kqQFrZETBUI6g1Y4t48
>>
>>82932749
But what about some others like episode 2 to 13 of Season 1?
>>
>>82932850
They ended up getting too expensive to make, with the setup I used.
Thus, this post.
>>
>>82932907
So maybe now is the time to see the examples?
>>
>>82933034
What examples? Frames?
>>
>>82932244
>>82932850
>>82933034
Fuck off dressguy, your autism has killed these threads.
>>
So what is this? I'm new.
>>
>>82936045
We redraw every frame of every episode in HD, giving Jenny huge robo tits
>>
>>82929469
I'd love to help but I'm illiterate on the programs you seem to use.

I think setting up something like >>82930185 suggested could be a good idea.
>>
>>82937633
Favorite scene from your favorite episode.
>>
>>82939638
But then we'd get the scene with XJ-9 in her prom dress over and over and over again.
So what's the point in letting people pick by their favorite scene?
>>
>>82939836
But not this time, only some favorite scene like Jenny and the Silver Shell, or Jenny with Tuck, or Jenny and Sheldon, or Jenny fighting the biker gang, and Jenny fighting the crust cousins.
>>
>>82930168
That's ok.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.