[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How health would my diet be if it more or less consisted of chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
How health would my diet be if it more or less consisted of chicken breast, carrots, broccoli, green beans, sweetcorn, spinach. I'd occasionally swap out the chicken for a salmon fillet or a steak, once a week or so.
>>
I'd say pick in season vegetables more so than a set array and you're gucci

just don't get burned out anon
>>
>>7667861
Thanks. I plan on the odd indulgence so shouldn't burn out.

Is fruit and creme fraiche a good breakfast to have most days?
>>
There's fuck all calories there, you need to add carbohydrate staples like rice, potatoes and pasta. Also boneless thighs are far tastier and easier to cook than breasts. With a chicken breast there's a tiny window between dry and undercooked but thighs are far more forgiving.

Also you're not mentioning stuff like garlic, chilli, ginger and onions right? Having plain steamed veges and pan fried chicken breast err day sounds like a recipe for suicide.

>>7667881
No. Cream fraiche is no more healthy than cream. It's purely fat. Try yogurt and fruit. Again, you want some low GI carbohydrates to give you lasting energy so add some muesli to your yogurt and fruit.
>>
>>7667859
There is literally no fat there, enjoy your painful death
>>
>>7667859
Eh, it'd be pretty good. My roommate is on a diet like that for "muh summer body", and he's lost about 8 pounds in the past three weeks eating like that. Nutrition-wise, it's solid, you're getting your protein, fiber, vitamins, and phytonutrients, so you're good to go. Just DO NOT boil your vegetables, that's the worst way to cook them, it robs them of all their nutrients. Steam them or roast them, just until tender-crisp.
>>
>>7667928
>>7668357
Perhaps these cancel out?

Doesn't seem well advised, but I'm no nutritionist. Shouldn't one balance a bit of fat and carbs into every meal to give longer lasting energy instead of spiking?
>>
>>7668357
There's enough fat in the chicken, fish, and steak to get what he needs. You don't have to sop everything in butter or oil, champ.
>>
A chicken and veggies diet is the standard fare for a keto or PSMF diet -- both of which are favored by /fit/ people who want to cut down quickly.

It works, but you're going to be bored to hell eating it. Visit the spice and condiments aisle -- and go crazy.
>>
>>7667859

You are aware that other parts of the chicken are edible too, yes?
>>
>>7668367
Biochemistry PhD student here, yes. Carbs, especially complex carbs from whole grains and veggies, are the most valuable fuel resource to the body. Diets looking to minimize body fat would have a 40%/40%/20f split from calories Carbs/protein/fat respectively. Whole grains and protein sources with complete amino acid profiles (lean meats, fish).
>>
>>7670325
If fat loss isn't a concern then 40/30/30 is great for maintenance maybe even 40/25/35 if you are naturally fit with solid metabolism
>>
>>7667859
You'll be healthy but your soul will be so shrivelled up that even Satan won't buy it from you.
>>
>>7668400
chili powder, parprika and turmeric are my favourites
>>
>>7667859
You'll crave carbs, and every couple weeks you'll binge on donuts and gain 5 lbs a month.
>>
>>7667859
Sounds good, but I'd recommend bread and potatoes, olive oil, and tomatoes as well. Also fish. Also some good quality dark chocolate. And natural yogurt with honey.

I grate the chocolate over the yogurt. Not too much as the flavour is intense. I sometimes add raspberries if in season.
>>
>>7667928
NO, eat carbohydrates like carrots, sweet potatoes and peas. This video explains carbs perfectly for anyone trying to lose weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BMnAllZWtY
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.