[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Budweiser Has A New Name: America
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Budweiser-America-Cans.jpg (48 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
Budweiser-America-Cans.jpg
48 KB, 750x500
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/10/budweiser-has-a-new-name-and-that-name-is-america.html

Budweiser has a new name, and that name is America

Let's just get this out of the way quickly because you're probably not going to understand it the first time I say it: Budweiser is renaming its beer "America." The beer Budweiser will henceforth be known as America. When you gingerly lift a tall boy of Budweiser out of your bodega's fridge, what you'll really be lifting is a tall boy of America. Got it? Budweiser, the King of Beers, will now respond only to its new chosen name, America.

America, as you may be aware, is also the name of a country. Budweiser doesn't seem to mind this conflation, and instead seems to view its name choice as something of a patriotic duty. The rebranding is a nod to the 2016 presidential race, Fast Co Design reports, and the cans will reportedly go back to normal after the November election. Tosh Hall, the creative director at the branding firm behind the name change, delivered a really perfect nonsense statement to Fast Co: "We thought nothing was more iconic than Budweiser and nothing was more iconic than America." Nothing is more iconic than Budweiser, except perhaps America, and nothing is more iconic than America, except perhaps Budweiser.

cont.
>>
File: budweiser11f-1-web.jpg (43 KB, 635x351) Image search: [Google]
budweiser11f-1-web.jpg
43 KB, 635x351
>>7658250

I am both sincerely giddy and honestly disturbed by this news. While it's true that I do love spectacle, and I do love to yell "AMERICA" in a husky voice every time I crack open a can of Bud, I don't like my beer-fueled patriotism foisted upon me like some red, white, and blue cold sore. And while this is delightful to me in the same way that dogs who walk on two legs are delightful to me (i.e., completely unaware of their own absurdity), there are definitely some people out there who will respond to this news with entirely straight-faced statements like, "It's about time someone named their beer after the greatest country in the world." Dear God. Or should I say, Beer God.

Byt the way:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev

Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɑnɦɔi̯zər ˈbuʃ ˈJmbɛf], abbreviated as AB InBev) is a multinational Belgian-Brazilian beverage and brewing company headquartered in Leuven, Belgium.[3]
>>
>>7658250

What about Central and South America? They have decent beer, at least.
>>
Europeans are probably rubbing their hands together, giddy at the news
>>
>>7658250

So my irony-loving friends will be bringing these to parties until the cans get renamed, I guess.

Dark days are ahead of us.
>>
>>7658255

E FERMENTUM UNUM?
>>
This is hilarious, and another obvious attempt by the big macro-breweries trying to hold onto their market share.

Budweiser/Bud light are the worst of the big three anyway, it always tastes sour/skunked. It doesn't help that only white trash drink it.
>>
america is the name of the continent not the country "The United States of America"
>>
I like cheap beer. I wish it was cheaper and easier to just buy it by the keg. It needs to be way, way easier than it is currently. Not worth my time to have to call and check to see if it's there, and then hook it up when I get home.
>>
>macro brews' last ditch marketing attempt to save itself while in it's death throes

It's over, dirty dish water swill. People have discovered that beer can taste good and there's no going back.
>>
>>7658312

Everybody knows what you're talking about when you say, "America", which is also not the name of a continent.
>>
File: Murrica fuk yeah.jpg (100 KB, 348x500) Image search: [Google]
Murrica fuk yeah.jpg
100 KB, 348x500
>>7658312
>america is the name of the continent not the country "The United States of America"

No, there is "North America", "South America", "Central America" and "The Americas" but America means the U.S.A. (and also, Budwieser beer) just as "Mexico" is the proper name for the "Estados Unidos Mexicanos".
>>
I'll buy a case
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.