[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/, I think I might've fucked up a little bit. I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: chix.png (152 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
chix.png
152 KB, 600x600
/ck/, I think I might've fucked up a little bit.

I was cutting up chicken for the first time in a few months.

Before cutting the chicken, sliced up some zucchini and bell peppers then used the same knife to cut up the breast. Didn't care about using another knife because lazy.

So, I put some oil on the hot pan, drop the chicken there, cook it, drop in the sauce, drop in the sliced up peppers and zucchini and keep going, went on to boil the rice, tasted fucking majestic.

Here's the mistake I made

I used the same fucking spatula on the pan when it was still raw and then the same goddamn spatula after I added the sauce then the same spatula to get food on the plate. Dad taught me to cook when I was younger and he told me to never ever use the same spatula on raw and cooked chicken because of salmonella.

It has been about 2 hours since I ate. I put the pan in the fridge with the SAME SPATULA STILL IN IT. As soon as I realized my mistake, I started feeling kind of weird, went full-Hazmat on the cutting board and utensils.
No cramps or diarrhea yet.

So, tell me, /ck/. Did I fuck up bad?
>>
>>7888350
Will update in the morning, going to bed soon.
>>
you should already be dead.

t. doctor of philosophy of philosophy
>>
>>7888350
You're basically already dead. You won't even wake up to read this
>>
>>7888350
Don't be such a fucking pussy.
>>
>>7888356

>doctor of philosophy of philosophy

Neat, me too. Is that how you ended up as a line cook too?
>>
File: 1449555621796.jpg (73 KB, 536x679) Image search: [Google]
1449555621796.jpg
73 KB, 536x679
>>7888350
Shouldn't be a problem. It's one thing to make poultry using the same unwashed utensils for hundreds of people a day, but completely another to just make a mistake once. Chances of getting salmonella through cross-contamination is extremely unlikely, though it could happen.

As a man who has gone through a salmonella week, don't listen to >>7888367 and be a pussy.
He has no fucking idea.
>>
If the spatula spent time in a hot environment you should be good
>>
>>7888389
Well, I did use it for the cooking part, flipping that chicken around and cutting the bigger bits to see if it was cooked enough on the hot pan.
What I'm hoping for that the spatula was cleansed from the bacteria during the cooking phase, but you never know.
>>
>>7888350
In theory you COULD get sick, but it probably will not happen.
>>
>>7888398
The spatula would have such a small layer of bacteria that touching he pan for a second or two would be enough to kill whatever would be on it
>>
>>7888399
Kek has spoken.
>>7888406
Well thanks for putting my mind at ease then.
>>
F
>>
File: Ubik.jpg (40 KB, 350x568) Image search: [Google]
Ubik.jpg
40 KB, 350x568
>>7888350
Anon, I hate to spoil the ending for your, but you're already dead.
>>
Lemon juice helps
>>
I have been doing that for about five years and haven't got sick yet. I guess the chance for you to catch salmonella is pretty small.
>>
I'm sorry OP, I made the same mistake you did a couple decades ago and after the chickenella set in I was permanently paralyzed from the waist down

my only regret is not getting into shape while I could still feel my legs. Also eating raw chicken
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.