[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convention Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Greetings /ck/,

I come from >>>/cgl/ and we attend conventions regularly. Eating out isn't always an option due to tight budgets, but let's say when we're preparing for this indoor camping trip of ours, what food might be nice to make in our hotels to eat better and save a few dollars at con?

I guess assume we have access to basic cooking utensils, a coffee pot to heat water, and maybe a cooler that can bring perishable items.

Pic is a specialty gummy soul made for Soul Eater cosplay
>>
>>7885415
Well, I assume most of your cons are held in major cities, so just go into a grocery store and buy noodles and some ingredients for a sauce.
Or my favourite /ck/ meme: Rice and beans.
>>
>>7885415
Cook shit ahead of time and bring with you. Stews and soups and that sort of shit. Microwave them or just eat cold.

Ratatouille is great for that sort of situation.

Also shit like ciabatta or other good bread, hard cheeses, and cured meats, some mustard or whatever. Shit doesn't need to be refrigerated and is good AF.
>>
look into garde manger if tou want to be creative.

otherwise, camp food is your friend. gorp, pb and j, granola, dried fruits, dried soups
>Lipton cup o noodles ftw
instant rice and instant gravy/curry, etc etc

as a rule of thumb, fully cooked meat will last 12 hrs out of refrigeration. cold fried chicken, cold roast beef, hard boiled eggs, etc, can come in a cooler and make a first day lunch and dinner.
>>
>>7885473
>Lipton cup o noodles ftw
What is this black magic, elaborate please, I'm intrigued!
>>
File: 1459650252352.png (151 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
1459650252352.png
151 KB, 1125x681
Try Google and please go back to your attention whore board and maybe purchase some helium along the way
>>
>>7885510
>gamefaqs
>gaia online
jesus christ how fucking old is this image
>>
File: full.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
full.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>7885498

sorry, got the name wrong. My childhood friend and camping staple, and living proof that American's do everything better- Lipton' Cup-a-Soup.

50 calories, ultra filling (literally meal replacement) nutritious and yummy. and impossible to fuck up by carrying around, unlike ramen packs, which are definitively not camp friendly.

I've made these in hotel rooms many many times in the coffee maker. There are shitloads of flavors too, but Chicken Noodle is always the best
>thebestthebestthebest
>>
>>7885415
Make a giant vat of fried rice, and if you can get a hotel with a stove, make potstickers with your friends.
>>
>>7885604
2006-7, during the height of gaiafaggotry.

That was also around the time cjayc sold gamefaqs to gamespot right? I think so, it might have been like 05 though.
>>
>>7886015
my god I've been here for a decade now, how time flies when you're wasting your life

such things I've seen
>>
>>7885415
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cooking+in+hotel+room
now fuck off
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.