[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lactose Intolerance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Lactose5.jpg (95 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Lactose5.jpg
95 KB, 300x300
Any anons with light or severe lactose intolerance here? I've got it where eating too much dairy gives me very smelly gas. Problem is most of the food I eat is dairy, so I want to know what you lactose intolerant anons eat more often as alternatives.

My biggest issue is breakfast because I'd eat something like cereal with milk or toast with butter or a bagel with cream cheese.

Is there anything you anons use to help with lactose intolerance at all?
>>
>>7883823
Be prepared to read the word puss over and over again. If any of the usual people are on.
>>
>>7883823
Sorry, no, I'm white.
>>
>>7883841
kys
>>
>>7883823
I have mild lactose intolerance, I can't drink milk and some cheeses bloat me. I just buy milk without lactose.
>>
>>7883823
> I ingest pasteurized milk

There's your problem.
>>
>>7883823
actual cheese doesn't have any lactose remaining so you can eat that without issue.
>>
Lactose free milk, butter, and cream cheese supposedly exist. Finding them is the hard part.

Soy/nut milk, non hydrogenated margarine, and vegan cream cheese are some alternatives.
>>
>>7884467

There's a ton of foods in the American market that cater to specific non-faddish health concerns.

Winn-Dixie, Publix, and Aldi all carry certain variations of the items you listed, but they cost a bit more than their dairy-laden counterparts.
>>
>>7884486
Subsidies are fun.
>>
>>7883823
I'm Irish and lactose intolerance is unheard of.

Honestly, I stopped eating yogurt, cream and drinking milk. Cheese was fine, but soft cheese wasn't great. Butter is also fine. I drank almond and rice milk for a while with tea, but just had black tea instead. Dairy is like a third of our diets, so it was hard.

My gas and acne is gone.
>>
>>7883823
Lactase. As in, the enzyme you're missing because you don't have the bacteria in your gut that make it.

You can buy it in tablets if you shop around carefully. You might need several, and once you take it it will help you digest lactose for about 20 minutes.

It doesn't work well alongside alcohol, and I'm not kidding about needing several.

Think of it as a treat - when you really, really want real ice-cream instead of Swedish Glace (a soya-based one), or really nice cake.

>>7884457
Sadly, this depends on the cheese.

>>7884467
Arla make a bunch of lactose-free dairy products (again, the trick is simple: add lactase). The cream cheese sucks (Philidephia used to do a lactose-free version but it seems to be gone, unfortunately) - the others are fine.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.