[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just cooked eggs with haloumi cheese and it was to die for.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: greek_food.jpg (49 KB, 565x355) Image search: [Google]
greek_food.jpg
49 KB, 565x355
I just cooked eggs with haloumi cheese and it was to die for.

Lets discuss Greek food.
>>
>>7882979
I do enjoy Greek food, but I'm not aware of haloumi cheese

The last time I cooked an egg, I softboiled a dozen and jammed them into a brine-filled pickle jar
>>
>>7882979
>>7883043
That's because haloumi is Cypriot.

t. Greek

P.S. It's still delicious as fuck though
>>
I work at a Greek restaurant, AMA.
>>
>>7884058
Why do Greeks stink so much?
>>
Why is Greek food basically the same as Turkish food? Is it simply historical reasons (i.e Ottomans)?

Why do people say remove kebab when talking about muslims, when gyro's are pretty much doner kebabs?
Therefore, 'remove kebab' can also mean remove greek.
>>
>>7884083
I think it's a cultural thing. My boss and his sons use retard amounts of cologne and I think it's a way in Greek culture to show you have money or something.

We get Greek mafia types after hours sometimes and they do the exact same thing.

>>7884109
Proximity and historical reasons.
The cuisine of a certain area usually reflects the ingredients commonly available in that area.

Ironically, my favorite menu item at my work is a Turkish pita.
>>
>>7882979
What's that dish in the bottom right corner, rice with some sort of stew?
>>
>>7884176
Looks like a stew.
>>
>>7884058
Does the Greek diaspora stick to their homeland's tradition of having nothing but coffee and cigarettes for breakfast?
>>
>>7885605
Mostly,

They also fucking love pastries in the morning. We almost always have a box of coffee cake style pastries floating around the back during the morning shift.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.