[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Espresso Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 14101.jpg (178 KB, 1231x1865) Image search: [Google]
14101.jpg
178 KB, 1231x1865
Okay so I just got this beauty for a steal (pre-2015 model, $100). What's next?

My list includes:
A used Iberital MC2, Gaggia MDF, Baratza Encore/Precisio, or other electric grinder. Price used, must be under $100

Proper metal tamper

Bottomless Portafilter (are these a meme or do they actually work?)

VST or other similarly good basket (same question as above)

I'll also be looking into the various mods: OPV, water pre-heater, PID, Pressure gauge etc.

What do you think?

Also, Espresso general thread.
>>
>>7881670
>are these a meme or do they actually work?

what do you mean "work"? they don't improve your cofee if that's what your asking. it's more useful as a tool to see if you are tamping correctly and for timing shots. you should prioritize a non-pressurized portafilter basket that will fit your machine. as that will give you better control over your shots
>>
>>7881847
also swap out the steam wand for one without the pannarello (i.e. a traditional stainless steel wand)
>>
File: DSC_2093_3.jpg (156 KB, 1074x719) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2093_3.jpg
156 KB, 1074x719
>>7881856
That's also on my list just really low, because I never drink milk in my coffee.

>>7881847
As far as I know it comes with a non-pressurized portafilter, it looks like this. There are two non-pressurized baskets and one pressurized one in the box.
>>
>>7881847
>they don't improve your cofee
Yeah that's what I was asking. Do you reckon a premium basket like the VST is necessary?
>>
Getting a cheap espresso machine is a huge waste of money. The quality is generally abysmal and they break incredibly quickly. Invest in a decent one or don't buy one at all.
>>
>>7882731
the stock classic portafilter basket is pressurized
>>
>>7882757
>Gaggia Classic
>Not decent
What on earth are you talking about.
>>
>>7883690
>he doesn't even have a synesso cyncra at home
Are you lost? The poorfag thread is here
boards.4chan.org/ck/thread/7883354
>>
>>7883715
>boards.4chan.org/ck/thread/7883354
Why the fuck would I have a huge commercial unit with functions I don't need (e.g. multiple portafilters) and ridiculous maintenance at home, when my local cafe has literally this exact machine. You're not impressing anyone nouveau-riche fool.
>>
>>7883729
>people like espresso because it's impressive to others
I'm sorry but if you just want strong bitter coffee you know you can just get folgers crystals right?
>>
>>7883715
>synesso cyncra
In fact the cafe has the MVP Hydra so it's even better than your shitty entry-level Synesso. I buy my coffee for $2 per cup. It would take me 10,000 cups of espresso to justify buying that machine lel. You've been fleeced anon.
>>
>>7883737
>people like espresso because it's impressive to others
Who are you quoting?

Also, the espresso you make is not 100 times better than the one I make, but your machine costs 100x mine, so you're basically an idiot. You are the one who bought a shiny piece of metal to impress autistic baristas. No-one will ever care and the difference to your coffee will be miniscule. Nice fail m8.
>>
>>7883690
it's decent but don't kid yourself the thing is a standard 15-bar entry level consumer machine. dime a dozen. not even best in price class
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.