[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Americans like churros? I want to open a Brazilian Churros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Do Americans like churros?

I want to open a Brazilian Churros Food Truck there. Would it work on the streets or is it just for fairs and shit?
>>
Coastfags will buy the fuck out of them. Churros rule
>>
you'll need to lean heavy on the BR aspect. we already have a fuckload of Mexican churros, so yours will have to be specially Brazilian

>huehuehue
>>
>>7878002
Yes, they're pretty popular at amusement parks, I think.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (52 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
52 KB, 620x400
>>7878008
Yeah I was thinking about going to Cali

>>7878013
Well, ours are a difference recipe. They are smaller, but more fluffy and tasty. We put things like Nutella, dulce de leche, black and white chocolate, peanut butter in them and all sorts of toppings
>>
>>7878056
Keep in mind that living/operating expenses in California can be expensive as fuck, especially in a big city.
>>
>>7878002
Mostly at amusement parks but if quality churros were more available I'd have to get a fatmobile because I would not stop.
>>
>>7878002
You need more than just churros if you want to make a living
You should probably make crepes instead
>>
>>7878002

disneyland has been selling churros for 30 years.

there places where it would work are basically tourist areas - areas near convention centers.
>>
>>7878002
Texasfag here. They're common around here. Even many of the normal supermarkets make them in the bakery fresh every day and have them right next to the doughnuts.
>>
>>7878056
>>7878002
Californian here, Churros are great. Suckers get sold at fairs and theme parks all the time. They're garbage compared to *actual* churros though. They're just cinnamon-sugar waffle sticks. Didn't even CONSIDER they could be filled with stuff like custard until college. God those custard-filled churros were great...
>>
>>7878002
You do mostly see churro specialty stands at fairs, but there's a reason every culture on earth has some variation of sweet fried dough. If you actually rolled a truck up to the park or some such in the middle of the afternoon I don't doubt that your product would sell.
>>
>>7878002
Love churros. They're pretty common here though, nothing new lol. My high school even sold them in the cafeteria.
>>
In my mind churros are fair food. You can dress them up in artisanal ingredients and offer homemade sauces or whatever, but at the end of the day it's fried dough coated with cinnamon and sugar, and isn't something people are going to pay food truck prices for when they can get a slightly lesser quality version for 50 cents as Taco Bell (I haven't been to Taco Bell in awhile).

Something like a burrito truck with unique fillings could work, because people fucking love burritos, and you could sell churros on the side. But there's no way in hell that a food truck selling nothing but churros would ever work.
>>
File: 1453604241954.jpg (13 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
1453604241954.jpg
13 KB, 285x287
>>7878002
>stuffed churro stand at my local spic flea market
>mfw every Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday

If you're in the American southwest, you grew up with churros
>>
>>7878002
I'm pretty sure having a deep fryer on a food truck is a total nightmare.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.