[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These things won't lose any of their flavour and nutrition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: red-tomato-meteorite.jpg (143 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
red-tomato-meteorite.jpg
143 KB, 728x546
These things won't lose any of their flavour and nutrition by simmering them in their skin, right?
>>
>>7874975
You are correct.
>>
no the skin is very fragile, plus cooking in and of itself removes some flavour and nutrition.
>>
File: sir, you are mistaken.png (1 MB, 904x1246) Image search: [Google]
sir, you are mistaken.png
1 MB, 904x1246
>>7874981

>cooking in and of itself removes some flavour and nutrition
>>
>>7875003

no, i'm not mistaken, if cooking didn't change the ingredient in some way why would you do it?
>>
>>7875003
He's somewhat correct, but cooking also makes many nutrients usable by our body which wouldn't be usable raw. It's probably best to eat a mixture of cooked and raw veg.
>>
>>7875012

>if cooking didn't change the ingredient in some way

Because that's totally what you originally said.
>>
>>7875012

It changes it in some ways, sure. But those ways don't include the magical disappearance of nutrition. Unless the food is literally burnt the nutrition has not gone anywhere.
>>
>>7875014

it is functionally the same as what i said. flavour and nutrition are things that happen to us when a specific ingredient goes into our bodies. change the ingredient, change the flavour and nutrition.
>>
>>7875015

>But those ways don't include the magical disappearance of nutrition

those ways certainly do include that. you mean it doesn't *necessarily* happen. ok, but it almost always will decrease the amount of available x even if that is counterbalanced by the amount of available y. there are so many processes involved that will do such a thing. rupture the cell walls of a tomato and all kinds of shit happens
>>
>>7875019
>change the ingredient, change the flavour and nutrition.

Depends on the change. Some changes affect those things. Some don't.

Freezing, for example, has no effect on flavor or nutrition but changes the texture of a food.
>>
>>7875019

>it is functionally the same as what i said

You said, "cooking in and of itself removes some flavour and nutrition", when in reality cooking usually adds flavor and allows our bodies to better access the nutrients in the food. So no, it's not "functionally the same"; in many instances it's the complete opposite.
>>
>>7875027

>Freezing, for example, has no effect on flavor or nutrition

maybe, maybe not. ice crystallisation will definitely do that. storage, even at subzero temperatures, affects things over time.

>>7875028

>You said, "cooking in and of itself removes some flavour and nutrition", when in reality cooking usually adds flavor

sure it adds, sometimes. but it also takes some away. all i'm saying.

> in many instances it's the complete opposite.

it's invariably going to be some mix of creation and destruction.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.