[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone make this at home? I've never had it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
does anyone make this at home? I've never had it because no restaurant or pizzeria sells it here. is there a specific way to make it 'authentic' at home from scratch? Is there anything especially extraordinary about the dough, sauce or cheese they use in chi 'go, or can I basically use what I'd normally use for pizza and just shape it into a cheese and sauce heavy pie? Are toppings like pepperoni or veggies regular or is that a no no?
>>
>>7870660
i did it once.
use cast iron pan
make dough and proof, when proofed evenly line the sides of cast iron pan
on the base put ur cheeses
above that put ur toppings (sausages pepperonis w/e)
top it with pizza sauce
bake until golden brown w/e
>>
>>7870672
What temp? Seems like it would work better at a lower temp and a long ass cook time.
>>
>>7870678
Not him, but haven't you ever made lasagna? I'd think somewhere around there, or a higher blast for the crust, then finish with a more moderate heat.
>>
>>7870678
dont remember might have been 350 but i always cook stuff around 400, it doesnt matter that much if you keep an eye on ur stuff
>>
>>7870687
Yes, 350 degrees for an hour, a couple minutes under the broiler to brown the cheese. Does the 'go 'za need to be covered with foil as it bakes?
>>
>>7870692
its up to u, if u think sauce splattering will be an issue

also it might be better to cook high temp cuz at too low it may make the crust to soggy from all the juices
>>
>>7870692
>Does the 'go 'za need to be covered with foil as it bakes?
Not sure why'd you think that, as you'd need the dry heat to help brown the top crust and thicken up the tomato sauce.
>>
>>7870709
I always cover my lasagna and other baked pasta with foil while baking ata lower temp. When I think it's done I remove the foil and put it under a broiler for a bit.
>>
>>7870714
Alright, I could see that as a good technique. Not sure the raw dough would be as straight-forward.
>>
>>7870660
When we make pizza at home we alternate between deep dish and new york style. Deep dish is nice because you only need to make one personal size to be good for two people, but the crust takes more time to make.
>>
>>7870728
How so. What's different about it?
>>
>>7870660

the cook's illustrated recipe is good
http://www.all-food-considered.com/2015/10/deep-dish-pizza.html
>>
>>7870750
Deep dish crust is basically a biscuit, you have to fold in the butter and do a lot of other extra stuff to get the flaky crust, its simply more work. Plus when you cook it, it actually truly needs to be baked for atleast 40 minutes as opposed to ny style that should be cooked at as high a temp as your oven gets for as short a time as you can.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (286 KB, 1162x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
286 KB, 1162x1080
>>7870660
You can buy one of these if you have one of those stores with more and better variety of food near you.
>>
>>7870777
>GIno's pimping out their name with that plastic cheese

gross
>>
>>7870781
It actually does look like op's pic so take that as you will. It's a nice thing to have around if Chicago is nowhere near you.
>>
>>7870678
425 for 30 min usually
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.