[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to eat some Panda Express for the first time. What should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3
File: eat.jpg (196 KB, 940x500) Image search: [Google]
eat.jpg
196 KB, 940x500
About to eat some Panda Express for the first time. What should I expect?
>>
shitty foodcourt food
>>
>>7870289
/thread
>>
>>7870285
orange chicken + kung pao chicken
>>
Do they have crab Rangoon? If so get them. I love crab Rangoon.
>>
>>7870285
decent, God tier sauce
>>
>>7870316
This. If you aren't ordering a shitload of rangoons as your main course at any Chinese buffet, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>7870376
I always eat them last, like pudding after brussel sprouts. They're 5x better than all the other soggy umami matter.
>>
how do i make panda express at home

i dont have all the obscure chinese cooking things like shaoxing wine and dark soy
>>
shit, i'm hungry guy, buddy, pal. I'm go comb the kitchen.

makes me hungry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwprGyncs0A
>>
>>7870395
>soy/teriyaki blend sauce
>sesame seed
>deep fry your meat in vegetable oil
>stir fry you veggies in corn oil

Boom. Americanized Chinese food.
>>
>>7870395
>kill your dog
>piss on it
>add 2 cups of communism
>throw in some msg and dump in a wok
>serve with rice
>>
>>7870285
THIRST.
>>
Completely average american chinese food
>>
>>7870289
food court chinese is way better than Panda Express. Dont do it OP
>>
>>7870454
eat shit it is not even close to average, its not even "shitty but worthwhile". literally garbage i would have to be paid to eat. and i actually like shitty cheap chinese food
>>
>>7870285
OP reporting in. Had Orange Chicken and Beijing Beef with my wife. Was pretty tasty but I felt full after only a few pieces of each. Sauces were very tasty
>>
>>7870556
Yeah that's the thing you fill up real fast but you only stay full for like an hour and then you wish you had kept the leftovers.
>>
>>7870462
I don't know where you fags are getting your chinese, you must live in literal china because here in canada the food court chinese is fucking GARBAGE, like it's almost inedible, panda express is way better.
>>
>>7870556
your opinion is objectively wrong
>>
>>7870572
>tastiness can be measured objectively
>>
>>7870562
Are you me?
>>
>>7870587
Lol no I just know how that shitty Chinese-American food works. Don't get me wrong, much of it is good but theres just some weird fugin thing about where that happens.
I read something awhile back about why that is but I don't remember.
>>
>>7870285
diarrhea and being hungry an hour layer
>>
Expect to get food that's actually shittier than your local "China Wok" type store, which serves American Chinese food and happens to be located between an outlet clothing store and what used to be a Radio Shack but is now a UPS store and/or a nail salon.

At least they usually have a drive-thru.
>>
>>7870641
I found it shittier than most of the Chinese american spots on the east coast but notably better than any of the places I've found in Chicago
>>
>>7870285
sum1g
>>
>>7870610
its all the salty ass MSG shit that bloats you so you feel full
>>
My favorites is the honey walnut shrimp

>tfw upcharge
>>
>>7870641
/thread really.

i don't get how its worse than the local "great wall" or "han dynasty"

The good old handy nasty
>>
You guys must have some godly local chinese joints because PE is as good as it gets for takeout living on the west coast. Every other place I've tried has buffet-tier food or worse.
>>
>>7870285
Explosive diarrhea and gas with an oily discharge.
>>
>>7870641
Pretty much this, but remember that being able to distinguish one american chinese restaurant from another makes you an authenticity nazi who doesn't appreciate what your grandparents didn't have, or something like that
>>7870644
Shitcago has some alright chinese in the argyle street area but for the most part their asian food is on the same tier as everything else there that isn't simple pub grub and craft beer
>>7870817
You must live in visalia or eureka or something, the bay area has some pretty great chinese takeout at least in the streth of land from mountain view to south san francisco
>>
>>7870454
>>7870462
Panda Express is worse than your cities worst chinese takeout/delivery

their fried/everything almost always has a cat/dog food kind of aroma and taste.
their chicken smells like a wet dog

seriously just order take out at a regular chinese place.
>>
>>7870285
depends. If you are a faggot 2nd generation asian immigrant you will hate it, but if you're an actual Chinese person you might like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo59LlkTDe4
>>
radiation poisoning. Its the only way to get that bright orange glow.
>>
>>7871557
Is this the new "wine is a scam because this one cool trick sommeliers hate"?
>>
>>7871557
>2ng gen millenials
>lol guys this isn't REAL chinese food like I'M used to eating since I'M chinese this is BAD

>real chinese people that grew up in china and have had food much worse than what theyre eating
>wow this is really good, it seems authentic
>>
I like panda express but I don't think they want customers.
I go at 1130 30 minute after they open and the doors are locked.
I go two hours before they close and they're out of food.

I go in the middle of the day and their meat is stale and the rice isn't even cooked.

Maybe it's because only niggers work there but the Chipotle down the street has niggers and they can comply with all of the above.
>>
>>7874069
More like
>young person: I can tell this is entertainment and I'm not going to be caught endorsing this and being the ethnic mascot of a shitty fast food company, so I'm going to talk smack because it's gross
>old person: I'm going to be polite because maybe someone's job is at stake here, this seems like they just want to promote their business, it's not good to bad-mouth a business
White ''''people'''' need to stop being jealous of people with thousands of years of culture, go watch your jenna marbles
>>
>>7874069
Admittedly older Chinese from the Great Leap period will eat damn near anything.
>>
>>7874371
>White people don't have ancient culture

How about vikings or fucking ANCIENT GREECE, FROM WHICH MODERN GLOBAL CULTURE DEVELOPED? Jesus fuck, stop believing that jew-brainwashed americans = all white people.
>>
File: 1175475919_28d7112c64.jpg (96 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1175475919_28d7112c64.jpg
96 KB, 500x333
>>7874422
>we wuz vikangs
t. ethnically muddled pink skinned resident of appalachia suffering from coal miner disease
>>
>>7870285
Will taste good if only if you're white.
>>
>>7874451
Sorry to shit on your lawn but Sumeria and ancient Egypt are only marginally older than bronze age Greece & Rome
>>
>>7874422
>jew controlling
You're retarded
>>
>>7874422
>Ancient Greece
>White
>>
Orange chicken is great, don't listen to the mongs. Panda is great value
>>
>>7874679
>great value
Indeed, it's the Walmart of food
>>
>>7874679

When the food is that bad the idea of "value" is moot. Yeah, it's cheap. But it also sucks....
>>
>McDonald's tier garbage with an Asian theme
>if you don't think it's the BEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE you're an America-hating authenticity nazi
Smells like WIDF in this thread
>>
>>7870285

If you value freshness, don't get the breaded stuff. They're just dumped out of a bag from the freezer and fried in the wok. The other stuff is prepared fresh in store. Green bean chicken is my personal favorite. Also note some locations are much better than others, even though they serve the same stuff.
>>
Chinese people don't actually care that their food is being bastardized and actually enjoy American fast food take on it.

It's great FAST FOOD
>>
Chinese people love it:
>>
>>7870468
calm down, bro
>>

It's really good, eat Panda Express today!
>>
People think panda express is a hack and disingenuous. However, it is more of an evolution of cuisine in creating tasteful Chinese-American dishes to be enjoyed by all. Those that grew up in China come to love our take on it but the younger generation has a convoluted take on what we stand for.

We are not trying to replace authentic traditional Chinese meals but rather grow and use those dishes as inspiration.

If you want more food for thought: https://youtu.be/Fo59LlkTDe4
>>
>>7874684
isn't walmart the walmart of food?
>>
>>7870285
>About to eat some Panda Express for the first time. What should I expect?

It's generic Chinese food. Find an independent local Chinese place which will have MUCH better food.
>>
>>7870421
Underrated post
>>
>>7870395

>Buy General Tso sauce in a jar, literally the same shit Chinese restaurants use
>Bread and fry chicken
>Combine.
>>
>>7876642
>OH GOODIE, ITS A FUCKING SOCIAL EXPERIMENT VIDEO!!!
>>
>>7870285
If you're like me, pure, unadulterated, gluttonous joy, followed by feeling like a fat piece of shit with an upset stomach.
>>
>>7870313
This is true. Be wary of that black pepper. You'll know it when you see it.
>>
>>7874360
Niggers aren't created equal, anon. In fact, some niggers are actually even SMART, if you can believe that.
>>
>>7874371
>talk smack because it's gross
Do they are being assholes for no reason?
Gg flawless logic

>white people have no culture maymay
Are you some kind of sjw feminist liberal? Or are you actually this dense?
>>
American Chinese food is the greatest food known to man.
>>
>>7870285
Anyone else devastated when they got rid of mandarin chicken?
>>
>>7870289
fuck you dude panda rules
>>
>>7881666
go eat your crustless wonder bread and miracle whip, satan. you can call it culture if you want.
>>
>>7882386
Yes yes all light skin people eat the exact same food even though we have so much diversity in food and culture amd live all over the globe in differemt parts of the world.
>all the same food
>no exeptions
>american asian people logic
How come you have such a low iq retard?

btw what is cool whip?
I have neve seen this in my "white" cultre country
>>
>>7870285
Orange Chicken, and Black Pepper Chicken
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.