[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with broccoli?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: broccoli-2.jpg (21 KB, 421x292) Image search: [Google]
broccoli-2.jpg
21 KB, 421x292
What's wrong with broccoli?
>>
It thinks it's hot shit and it's wrong
>>
nothing

it's best when steamed
>>
Imagine genetically engineered broccoli trees, entire forests of them. Imagine climbing the branches and sleeping on top.
>>
>>7863597
breathtaking idea
>>
i have the gene that makes it taste like shit to me, no matter how it's prepared
>>
>>7863593
This.

>>7863597
Bliss
>>
>>7863604
pseudo-science
>>
>>7863609
it tastes like shit
>>
>>7863604
is it the same gene that makes you a faggot?
>>
>>7863618
holy shit you might be onto something
>>
>>7863609
It's not psuedo-science
Some people's taste buds are differently developed
>>
>>7863597
I read this in Morgan Freeman's voice while weeping, well done sir
>>
>>7863562
overhyped by white people because they dont have AUTHENTIC food
every AUTHENTIC ethnic chef is laughing about broccoli lol
>>
>>7863597
I am 32 years old and I still pretend I'm a giant eating trees when I have broccoli...
>>
>>7863806
I'm glad I heard another 32 year old day that
>>
>>7863880
Say*
>>
Better vegetables available, don't like the toughness of the stalk combined with the weird texture of the top portion.
>>
Wanna have a comfortable time on the throne? Eat some fucking broccoli.
>>
Cooked broccoli is gross. Raw broccoli is great though.
>>
>>7863806
>not pretending to be a dinosaur
>>
>>7863626
you know taste buds don't taste right? Taste is an extremely complex sense that actually uses sight, smell and touch. Taste buds are literally LITERALLY only sweet, sour, salty, bitter and umami. Bad tastes come from smell and negative perceptions on food
>>
File: IMG_1365.jpg (25 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1365.jpg
25 KB, 250x187
>>7864224
>wanting to be a plant-eating dinosaur

You might as well just dive ass-first into a pool of penis, anon.
>>
i love broccoli but it gives me absolutely rancid gas
>>
>>7863562
I love broccoli but is there anything you can add it to?

I've been either roasting it or steaming it and honestly it gets old.
>>
>>7863626
>>7863604

it's pseudoscience when you diagnose yourself with that genetic predisposition. it's even worse pseudoscience when you believe that a genetic correlation with disliking something means you are genetically PROGRAMMED to dislike it. newsflash. lots of mexicans probably have the 'genetic problem' with cilantro that plebs on here have. they still eat it, because they learned to like it, just like everybody else.
>>
>>7865590

broccoli sauteed with one or all of garlic, chilli, lemon and black pepper is a very common combo. mustard and cheese go well with it. it's great in a sausage stew with rigatoni, fennel, white wine and tomato.

i used to make this banging breakfast with diced broccoli stem blanched then sauteed with lemon black pepper chilli and sesame oil then a couple of eggs scrambled in.
>>
>>7863639
0/10
>>
>>7863562
Literally nothing unless you overcook it
>>
I can only eat it if there's hummus nearby, otherwise it tastes funky
>>
File: ops birthday shoot.png (422 KB, 538x363) Image search: [Google]
ops birthday shoot.png
422 KB, 538x363
>>7863562
nothing.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.