[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most sea-like salty scotch whisky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: asset_upload_file70211_174086.jpg (142 KB, 824x559) Image search: [Google]
asset_upload_file70211_174086.jpg
142 KB, 824x559
What is the most sea-like salty scotch whisky?
>>
>>7862949
Ardbeg or Laphroaig. Skip Lagavulin because it's too rich, whereas the others are minerally and dry.
>>
Talisker.
>>
Caol Ila
>>
>>7862949
Laphroaig Lore
>>
Just use semen ice cubes
>>
>>7863052
>diluting and chilling your scotch with excess frozen semen
>>
>>7862949
Bowmore. Alternately, eat nothing but prawns and burnt matches for a week, and blow a load into a glass of Cutty Sark, you'll get the same taste either way.
>>
OP here. Thanks for all the input in discussion, especially advices to put my semen to better use. Anyways I wanted to see what you will recommend me first. Originally I was thinking between two options: Talisker 10 and Laphroaig 10. I have tried all Islay scotches, and many others, but not to the point when I can remember very well each one of them. I remember Laphroaig having distinctive sea-like notes. On the other hand the label on Talisker says "Made by the sea", and they have many of their advertisements revolving around the sea theme, which really makes me think...
>>
>>7863190
Laphroaig tastes more "boggy" and "swampy". The peat is very wet.

Talisker is dryer, and more peppery. You could say it is more coastal tasting.
>>
>>7863190
Where to go with Talisker tho? Stores around me have Storm or suchlike, but not a whole lot to choose from, no designated drink shops either.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.