[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you use this stuff?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Maggiwürze-neu (1).jpg (507 KB, 1148x2236) Image search: [Google]
Maggiwürze-neu (1).jpg
507 KB, 1148x2236
What dishes are good for it?
>>
>how to use liquid msg
>>
Just put it on everything savory, it's similar to soy sauce in that respect. Don't go too easy on it, it's 25% salt by mass so you can easily do a 2% concentration on the food (if you don't add salt separately, otherwise replace 50% of salt with the seasoning)
>>
>>7862041
Great in stuff like pea soup or potato soup.
>>
Shots
>>
Is that an umami bomb?
>>
people use it instead of vegeta to give their bland meals (mostly soups) some taste, it is basically salt, some taste enhancers
>>
>>7862041
its so good, that its easier to list which dishes it does not go well with.

-bananas

end of list.
>>
it's essentially german soy sauce.
use it on savory dishes.
>>
>>7862041
soup, spaghetti sauce, bbq, mashed potatoes. basically it's soy sauce with flavor enhancers (look at the e-numbers)
>>
>>7862041
Fried Rice, Stir Fried stuff. I've even had Steak with a dash of Maggi at the end.
>>
>>7862041
mix it with gewürz ketchup for that dere sekrit sauce
>>
>>7862041
>What dishes are good for it?
Use of items like this died out in the US back in the 70s. They were the precursor to MSG. Worcestershire, anchovies, mushrooms, they fill the gap for slow cooking things where simmering and bones, and wine added flavor.

Some countries just never stopped using them. The US had started some food police policy of not including anything that might trigger migraines, food allergies or be unnatural. These products just because taboo. I'm sure today you can hardly find liquid smoke, kitchen bouquet and the like. People who appreciated those things in past recipes go out of their way to find their foreign items, hunt down the old favorites.
>>
File: lizano y maggi gallo.jpg (660 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
lizano y maggi gallo.jpg
660 KB, 1024x683
good with fry rice
>>
>>7862041
try that shit on fries
>>
>>7863164
>this
>>
>>7862041
It's cracked wheat protein high in MSG. It's great! Tastes very dominant and more than a few drops is too much in any dish. Imagine a beef half boiled down for weeks until it is pure liquid goo. That's not what it is, but it is what it tastes like.

Anything savory and more sophisticated than a fish fillet will benefit from a little Maggi. The brand name describes the product, even though they make a vast selection of products and are more well known for their bouillon cubes internationally. But nuanced purist flavors are easily overwhelmed by it, so don't overdo it. The stuff is so concentrated, it can be hard to get the dosage right.

I put a little into almost any soup or sauce I make. It gives stock a deeper flavor profile and underlines meat and veggie flavors nicely.

One easy thing I use it for is fried eggs. You can just dribble some on top, but here's what I do:
Separate yolk and white, put yolk aside.
Whisk a little salt and a drop of Maggi into the eggwhite, fry.
Flip and add yolk on top, lower heat, cover.
Done BEFORE the yolk has completely set.
Goes well with sourdough, fried bacon, and parsley.
>>
If you make a soup and it's a bit bland at the end, add this stuff and it tastes finde.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.