[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am broke as fuck this paycheck so I've got to get as much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Meat.jpg (426 KB, 881x545) Image search: [Google]
Meat.jpg
426 KB, 881x545
I am broke as fuck this paycheck so I've got to get as much meat as possible with $23, I have a 24 hour walmart does anybody know what time they put out the about to expire marked down meat?
>>
If you broke, dont buy meat. Eggs.
>>
>>7859205
I have everything else to make meals I just need meat
>>
>>7859206
Then... dont use meat, then you have $23 in case you need to buy some, like, gas, or condoms, or tampons, what ever you like to fill up with.
>>
File: 488267733.jpg (191 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
488267733.jpg
191 KB, 507x338
>>7859206
Do you live near a butcher or even better, a meat market?
>>
>>7859213
everything else is taken care of the $23 is whats left of my food budget

>>7859226
sadly no
>>
>>7859233
What about a mexican/ethnic neighbourhood of any sort? Basically any sort of poor neighbourhood where people cook from scratch rather than eat fast-food/frozen stuff?
>>
>>7859247
Don't know, i've seen mexicans around here and there but I haven't noticed any shops, I mostly see them at walmart
>>
>>7859200
every walmart is different i do know if you go they normally have those 10lb bags of chicken leg quarters for $5-6 and chicken breasts are $2/lb or $1.37lb if your lucky enough to find a yellow sticker. i would assume they sticker the meat in the morning 9-10am so they have all day to sell it
>>
>>7859259
Is wal-mart meat any good? It's the sort of thing that comes to my mind when I see those PETA videos of industrial farming.

t. European
>>
chicken thighs
80/20 ground beef for chili
black beans to fill out your chili

that should get you through until the next payday
>>
>>7859200
Walmart Grocery randomly the other night.....

I got a whole cooked pork tenderloin marked $1.30 the other night around 8PM. Rotisseries were marked $2.50, the meat would have frozen well for a later meal, but I took a pass at the BBQ flavoring.
I bought the $1 cuban bread loaf. Pack of asiago slices. For three meals, I had a mock cuban sandwich.

I smashed some garlic and sweated it in some olive oil and butter. Sliced off a section of cuban bread, layered in warmed pork sliced thin, pickles, cheeses, and little dijonnaise drizzle. Pressed that sandwich into the garlic oil both sides until toasted and crisp and melted through. To die for.

I used the rest of my bread with my breakfast "cuban toast" to go with my microwaved bustelo powder and milk.

So all in all, 6 portions for about $6 total.
>>
>>7859200
One of the millions of people that work at walmart here. Most walmarts will drop the price of meat that will expire in the morning, sometime around five or six am. That's only for raw meat though. I know that walmart's with deli sections will lower the price of their products after 8pm. The best option is to call your walmart and ask the people that work in the meat department when they mark down everything.
>>
>>7859233
Then fucking save it. Set it aside so when your poor ass surpasses your budget, you have extra money
>>
Logic would say a few hours before midnight on the expirationdate.
>>
>>7859318
Or buy lots of cheap meat. Go OP!!
>>
at exactly 7:19 pm at every walmart in the world
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.