[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't own steel wool, only green scrub pads. What would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 20160707_163807.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160707_163807.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
I don't own steel wool, only green scrub pads. What would be the best way to clean these? Pic related.
>>
try to drown it in some acid like vinegar or citric acid, and leave it there.
other option would be boiled water with detergent
>>
>>7858484

You're going to need some degreaser, bud.
>>
>>7858491
Alright, cool. How long should I soak it for?
>>
>>7858493
I do have degreaser and I tried using it - only took off the top layer like soap does. It's caked on too thick. Fiance doesn't know to clean them before they get bad.

Some actually set off the smoke alarm, lololol.
>>
>>7858484
go to dollar tree and get a replacement, then cover it with foil, and when it gets dirty, ditch the foil and refoil. never have to clean them again
>>
Zippo fluid.
Also clorox lemony kitchen grease destroying wipes.
>>
>>7858712
This nigger knows whats up.
>>
go get some oven cleaner and coarse steel wool
and you might try cleaning them when you spill stuff instead of burning it
>>
>>7858712
THIS. just get a new set for $5. It's not worth the work to clean this shit man.

Used to live in a barracks that did inspections all the time..had a fresh set on standby.. worth it.
>>
>>7858484
>I don't own steel wool, only green scrub pads. What would be the best way to clean these? Pic related.
Replace them. By the time you extend your elbow grease, buy some brillos, spray on some $4 oven cleaner, you could have bought 4 new ones at the dollar store (okay, maybe lowes or sears or amazon).
>>
Baking soda soak. Or just buy new ones
>>
File: 5313-bar-keepers-friend-135818.jpg (107 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
5313-bar-keepers-friend-135818.jpg
107 KB, 1000x1000
Yes, OP should replace them, but that's not what he asked.

Barkeeper's Friend will clean the Gozer from /ck/. It's that powerful.
>>
>>7858484
>I don't own steel wool, only green scrub pads. What would be the best way to clean these? Pic related.
OP, they used to be higher quality and cleanable. Now it's more about the temporary look. Try not getting as many drips, or cleaning them up right away. I'll move an item to another burner when someone happens like a boil over, vs let it go.
>>
Yea, no, I do actually try my best to clean them. I love to cook, and cook with butter, lard and oil quite often - splatter almost always happens.

Like I said, my fiance is terrible at cleaning them when they get dirty and they end up like that. Or worse.

I definitely appreciate all the advice, though!

Probably gonna try to soak them then cover these ones with foil till I can afford new ones.

$600/mo for two people, bills and baby. Frugality is a fucking talent of mine, lol.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.