[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Halal food prayed over my some Muslim cleric Or Iman? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: chicken tikki halal.jpg (1 MB, 2287x1817) Image search: [Google]
chicken tikki halal.jpg
1 MB, 2287x1817
Is Halal food prayed over my some Muslim cleric Or Iman? I know them people make great food, but I believe Muhammad was the anti-Christ and is Satan's prophet so I don't want any prayers to the devil said over my food.

Also is the maker of the Saffron tv dinners Muslim?

If Muslim prayers are said over the food is Christian prayer over it enough to sanctify it?
>>
>>7853965
No, you have to jizz on it to take the blessing away
>>
No idea but I like that brand of frozen dinners. They seem minimally processed
>>
If you're not being facetious, no, halal food isn't prayed over - it's just prepared/slaughtered a certain way and inspected by religious officials prior to it being packed up to make sure it is sound for consumption by muslims - a similar process to the approving of kosher foodstuffs. If you are a follower of Christ you should pray over your food regardless of how it was produced.
>>
>>7853965
Saffron Road is a well known propaganda project to make kuffar think Muslims are associated with good quality food

It's sold at a loss, basically if you buy this you are getting paid by clerics to become a SJW

Don't be a cuck, get Sabra hummus instead
>>
Halal is fucking stupid, why should i have to pay more for a religious certified food?

Fuck islam honestly
>>
>>7853976
>le kosher tax maymay
>>
>>7853976
sauce on that?
>>
>>7853990
Sauce on what? Meats that are halal cost more because of overhead costs, while tasting exactly the same.
>>
>>7853990

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but my local supermarkets have both Halal meat and normal meat next to each other in the meat section. The halal is always more expensive.

...and that makes perfect sense given that is more of a niche product and therefore lower sales = less economy of scale. Also, Kosher or Halal slaughter is less efficient than typical factory methods, so it makes sense that it would cost more money since the process is more involved. More work = more cost.
>>
>>7853993
It's a few cents, calm your tits stormie
Next you'll complain about cruelty despite never having given a shit about factory farming torture
>>
Don't eat/buy halal food. if you do, your legitimizing a huge swath of Islamic religious laws that ISIS uses to justify their barbarism.
>>
>>7853999
Its still there and accumulates.

Whats cruelty have to do with this
>>
>>7853969
>no, halal food isn't prayed over -
Not true. It MUST be prayed over, and actually the animal faces Mecca and is dedicated to Allah BEFORE and at the moment of slaughter with the prayer.

Why should you care? As a Christian or Jew you shouldn't be eating meat sacrificed to idols per the old testament. As a non vegan but who has some semblance of shopping with your conscience, slaughter without stunning first is considered cruel and inhumane by animal rights groups, and the Halal technique is banned in a couple of countries as a result. Deeply cutting open an animals' throat while alive and watching them gasp for air and stumble around until death will make any reasonable person upset.

If you care about this, and you wish to avoid it in the US, it's easy, don't buy lamb from Australia or other imports, and know that it's not in our usual food mainstream unmarked, it's sold in specialty markets or marked in groceries and you pay for the privilege much as you do with kosher food. The restaurant choices are difficult, but you can always choose the falafel option, or dine in greek restaurants...as long as there is also pork on the menu, your chicken shwarma is fine too.
>>
>>7854021
Why not from Australia?
>>
>>7853999
muh factory farms aside, the actual killing process has been streamlined to almost instant death under non-halal conditions, why would I pay extra to support brutal and painful slaughter?
>>
>>7854036
Why do you say "aside" as if it negates the issue? Unless you're buying from polyface farms you have no grounds for complaining about cruelty
>>
File: 1466936211670.jpg (20 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1466936211670.jpg
20 KB, 300x240
>>7853969
It is prayed over, though. Animals need to be slaugthered by an islamic butcher who says a prayer. They kill by slitting the throat of the animal and they can't be any blood left (blood is haram)
>>
>>7854021
the process, ironically, is meant to kill the animal as swiftly and humanely as possible. Remember where and when it was developed.

as for religious issues, you also shouldn't be eating meat on fridays, or any of the following:

- Those that chew cud or have a split hoof but not both (like camels, rabbits, pigs)
- Sea creatures that do not have fins and scales (like crustaceans)
- Birds that eat flesh or carrion (like crows, raptors, sea gulls)
- Most winged insects except those that swarm and jump

In addition, God told Noah not to drink the blood of any animal (Genesis 9:4), and Exodus 34:26 bans boiling a kid goat in its mother's milk. Yeast was banned during the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

Except later Jesus came and said "nah son this shit is OK now". Which is why Christians do not keep kosher. OT dietary restrictions no longer apply.

I also require proof that throat slitting is slow and painful for the animal.
>>
File: 1464340299990.png (110 KB, 269x271) Image search: [Google]
1464340299990.png
110 KB, 269x271
>>7854076
You're right, muslims can't even eat squid or octopus.
>>
>>7854080
Halal =/= Kosher though I think both groups avoid Shellfish
>>
>>7854076
>the process, ironically, is meant to kill the animal as swiftly and humanely as possible.
The process is meant to keep the meat clean of blood and contaminants most of all. It may have been "swift" and clean for the times, but it doesn't stand true today. The process today is more about the law of it, and maintaining religious laws. Don't elevate it to be humane. It's neither quick nor painless.
>>
>>7854170
citation needed
>>
>>7854076
death is not immediate and it involves stabbing and cutting - it's extremely painful and much slower than a captive bolt pistol or other humane ways of killing animals.

their methods may have been the most humane way of killing at the time, but they aren't now.
>>
>>7854076
>I also require proof that throat slitting is slow and painful for the animal.
>>7854177
Are you simply dumb to think a cut throat in an alert animal isn't painful and that suffocation and slow brain death while awake is pleasant? Google your own evidence. Furthermore, did you grow up under a rock with no life experiences? Have you never been around animals once? Have you ever seen how long it takes to die when bleeding out? Someone doesn't need to cite common sense for you. You should be highly embarrassed.
>>
>>7854278

I'm not the guy you are replying to, but:

a) A cut from a sharp blade can very well be painless, or at least very low in the pain department. Haven't you ever cut yourself and not noticed until you saw the blood? Cuts made with a sharp blade are not very painful, it's injuries caused by dull objects that cause much more pain. Halal and Kosher slaughter rules require that the blade be sharp and be free of nicks or chips. Of course, that's entirely up to the person performing the slaughter, and there's no way to know if the blade were honestly sharp or not.

b) Having the major arteries of the throat cut results in a very rapid loss of blood pressure, which in turn causes unconciousness. The death is quite fast.

...though I agree 100% that a modern method involving a captive bolt to the brain or electrical stunning is the superior method.
>>
>>7853965
>it's a /pol/ shitposts on /ck/ dinner
You are as retarded as the muslims.
>>
>>7854301
Great logical sounding theorizing, and only theorizing.
They cry in pain during cutting and jerk away from cutting. and then stumble around and gasp for breath from the cut trachea for minutes, not "immediately" do they lose consciousness at all. They are utterly alert to their dying and inability to stop it. This method is uses the still beating heart to pump out some of the blood that would only be removed from more lengthy hanging. It's economy, and like a lot of things of the past is refuted with better understandings about science. Stop trying to make any more sense of it than that.
>>
>>7854327
>like a lot of things of the past is refuted with better understandings about science. Stop trying to make any more sense of it than that.

What exactly do you want from me? I already stated that I am 100% in agreement that modern methods are superior.

I was simply pointing out that the "suffering" is nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. And yes, I have been involved with slaughtering animals the "old fashioned way". Pigs and chickens, in my case. And yeah, a pig makes a horrible squeal when stuck with the knife, but it sure as hell doesn't stumble around for "minutes".
>>
Halal is animal cruelty
>>
no pork products in any of their stuff, so probably muslim run
>>
>If Muslim prayers are said over the food is Christian prayer over it enough to sanctify it?

Do you not have faith in the strength of your prayers?
>>
>>7854076
win the favor of allah by deny shrimp.
lose the favor of Poseidon!
>>
>>7853965
Allah is the same God Christians and Jews worship.
>>
>>7853965
>If Muslim prayers are said over the food is Christian prayer over it enough to sanctify it?
The answer to this might be more about comparing confession sincerity. Does it count that you go out and intentionally sin knowing you will be forgiven, or are you supposed to avoid it to the best of your efforts? So, if you're traveling to somewhere you can't avoid it, or dining at someone's house serving it, where you don't wish to offend, you're juggling more than one christian issue at once. Make up your own mind to how your conscience leads you, as they say, ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>7854025
>Why not from Australia?
AUS is a major exporter of lamb and beef to the Middle East, and so their slaughterhouse processing has slowly evolved to be nearly entirely Halal as a matter of design at most facilities.
>>
Is Halal healthier?
>>
>>7854076
>boiling a kid goat in its mother's milk
what?
>>
>>7854515
But halal slaughter in Australia very nearly universally uses ore stunning.
>>
>>7855529
Pre-stunning*
>>
>>7854473
Muhammad was one of the false prophets the Bible warned about. His teachings lead people astray from God, while making them think they are worshipping correctly. That is one of the things that make Islam so dangerous. The other, of course, is that any muslim man who ask himself "what would Muhammad do?" can easily end up with "raise an army, take over the place, and marry little girls" as an answer.
>>
>>7854690
Boiling a kid (goat) in its mother's milk used to be a popular festival food for the various pagan tribes in the Levant, whilst early Judaism was developing. So the early Jews banned it, to keep their people from partying with said pagans. A lot of Jewish laws came about this way, doing the exact opposite of their neighbors, to keep the Jewish people separate.
>>
india's mostly hinduism. then i think buddhism is second and islam third. indian food is only gonna be halal if advertised clearly as such
>>
>>7855979
nothing wrong with any of those 3 actions

also, that which goes in you is not what defiles you
>>
My throbbing cock is absolutely haram.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.