[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ use to store their coldbrew? I use a nifty Voss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-07-06 10.20.01.png (1 MB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-06 10.20.01.png
1 MB, 960x1280
What does /ck/ use to store their coldbrew?

I use a nifty Voss bottle.
>>
>>7853767
Fuck off

Coldbrew is worse than instant coffee
>>
pint mason jar
>>
>>7853783

It's because you've been sold a pack of lies. You want a very fine grind, espresso grind, to make cold brew, but the internet says to use a coarse grind, so you've been doing it wrong the whole time.

look at this bullshit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0SUDF6RpS0
an entire POUND of coffee for a quart of coffee. That's a cataclysmic amount of waste. That's like burning down a tree to make a single burger.

It's basic chemistry, you want an extraction in solution, you grind the solids as fine as you can to maximize reaction surface area, but a whole bunch of retards never had a basic science education and propagated a bunch of nonsense about cold brew, and you fell for it since you also did not graduate high school either.
Anyway, try it with an espresso grind and you'll see the real benefit
>>
>>7853767
I had been using old Voss bottles for packing my cold coffee, filtered water, etc. But lately, all I can find is Voss in plastic bottles, so fuck that.
I have large mason jars that I use now. A pack of mason jars is worth the small cost.
>>
>>7853805
>doesn't know about overextraction
>>
>>7853872

>Doesn't into the effects of temperature on solvent extraction over time

COLD brew, stupid. not ROOM TEMPERATURE brew.
>>
>>7853899
can u stop being a defensive pompous ass like most of us would assume cold brew people are and just show us your method
>>
>>7853935
>>7853935

I'm sorry. I only shitpost on 4chan to feel better about myself. /ck/ deserves better.

I use about 4 TBPS fine ground coffee(usually Bustelo) in a quart of water, 12 hours in the fridge. run it through a filter in the morning and it's very nice, strong, slightly sweet and chocolately tasting. I always have it black unless I'm feeling extra beetusy and then I add a dash of sweetened condensed milk
>>
>>7853842
>But lately, all I can find is Voss in plastic bottles
Try TJMaxx, seriously, if you want large and small voss bottles.
I only see the glass in groceries in the largest, and only sometimes now. Great use of the container, but it's still hard to wash properly.
Mason jars have a better lid for sterilizing meant for reuse, and if switch to Ball, you add on a cost of separate lid purchase, you can get a nice one without the ring more suitable for daily use with a pouring spout.
http://www.freshpreserving.com/ball-wide-mouth-pour-measure-cap-1034032VM.html#start=12
>>7853805
The reason coarse grind is recommended is ease of filtration later, I assume, quite a bit quicker to filter something less fine. And, yes, I learned that in science, namely years in archaeology. Since most people can't easily home grind on inferior grinders without getting a bunch of powdery fine grounds with their coarse attempts, I think the point is moot. What attracts a lot of folks into Cold Brew is a love for coffee but with stomach acid issues, so getting out the solids is key.
>>
I put a couple scoops of grounds into a jar, fill it with filtered water, and stick it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, I pour it into my press to get most of the grounds out.

Pretty good, or at least different, depending on the coffee I use. The ease of the process is what attracts me, really.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.