[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I NEED to add breadcrumbs or an egg to my beef pattie mix?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 24324351414234245.jpg (42 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
24324351414234245.jpg
42 KB, 600x450
Do I NEED to add breadcrumbs or an egg to my beef pattie mix? was just planning on adding salt, pepper and garlic powder to the mix, thats all I should need, right?
>>
>>7849446
>breadcrumbs or egg.
No
>>
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder are perfect. Otherwise make sure you use beef with at least 15% fat and cook it on high enough heat to get a good sear, otherwise it might fall apart on you when you try to flip it.
>>
>>7849446
I just do that cause it makes it easy and I dont have to worry about it
>>7849460
this i guess
>>
>>7849446

Egg is fine, breadcrumbs, fuck that. Still remember my mother doing that.
>>
20% fat beef
Shaved onions
Brown sugar
Worcheshire
Garlic powder
>>
>>7849446
>Do I NEED to add breadcrumbs or an egg to my beef pattie mix?

This turns it into a meatloaf
>>
Burgers get: Salt and Pepper.

That's it.

Anything else is optional.

I throw in worcester, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
>>
>tfw only eat 96% lean beef
>tfw burgers suck because of this
>>
>>7849974

>tfw anon can't into burgers
>tfw anon knows exactly what he's doing wrong but complains about it anyway on an anonymous liberian ouija board
>>
>>7849974
Why even bother?
>>
>>7849446
No, it is unecessary.

Consider adding paprika.
>>
no bread crumbs, but when making the patty, roll it into a ball and smack it on the counter and repeat a couple of times, it will hold together a lot better
>>
What? no! Salt and pepper is all you need.
>>
>>7849446
did the whole eggs & breadcrumb. didn't taste so bad, but it just didn't feel like the burgers i order at some of the local diners. nowadays, I just add in cumin powder, a pinch of paprika, & of course S&P before cooking. feels a lot more firmer, and lot easier to prep.
>>
>>7849446
That sounds good. Maybe add in some diced Pancetta too.
I've never added eggs or breadcrumbs before but going to today, for the first time because I'd never heard of it until a couple months ago.
>>
I don't understand this patty war stuff. I have never seen anyone use egg or bread crumbs in the mix and I never see anyones patties falling apart. I just use 100% beef then sprinkle salt and pepper and sometimes some garlic and soy sauce over them both sides. For my buffalo burger I dice up buffalo cheddar cheese (cheddar made with buffalo sauce and peppers in it) to like 1/4 inch cubes and mix those into the beef and make patties. They still don't fall apart.
>>
though thread died. patties were good, too thick but still delicious. got meat left over so might add some oyster sauce and see how that works out on one of the patties.

no problem with them falling apart
>>
>>7850584
sometimes I make them pretty thin like 1/2 inch and freeze them to help them keep their shape and not fall apart. Just put parchment paper or something between each patty, throw in a ziploc and into the freezer for a few hours. It seems to help some if it's too fatty of a grind to hold them together. I know you said yours didn't fall apart but just saying if you ever run into that
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.