[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, do you make your own beverages? Currently I'm preparing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_1847.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1847.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey, do you make your own beverages?

Currently I'm preparing important ingredient for a variety of tinctures that I'm going to make this summer. I'm thinking about making it from quince, cherry or mint.

Brewery/winery/distillation thread
>>
If that don't look like the most illegal shit
>>
>>7848160
Shh, don't tell anyone.
>>
>>7848142
I thought you had a fractional distillation tube set up for a second and wondered why, and then I saw that it was just ice.
>>
>>7848349
This setup is a graham condenser with partial condenser and sedimentator (i don't think it's correct translation).

It's very basic, but still good enough for 60% product at first distillation.
>>
Yes, OP
I homebrew with my GF and her roommate.
Most recently we made a cherry dunkelweiss. It turned out too fizzy and kind of sour for my tastes. How can I dull the tart-ness, next time (probs from the cherries)?

Right now we have a blood orange weissbier that we just bottled and should be ready to drink in a week or so.
Admittedly, though, I don't drink much at all.
>>
>>7850210
>It turned out too fizzy and kind of sour for my tastes.
Do you properly disinfected tools and bottles with sodium hypochlorite or caustic soda? Wild yeasts can sometimes screw your beer.
>>
I make this cold cinnamon tea for the summer
Basically boil cinnamon and ginger in water, then mix in brown sugar to taste
You're supposed to add pine nuts before drinking but I never do
You absolutely need quality cinnamon
>>
>>7848142
Lagostina?
>mio negro
>>
>>7850511
>Wild yeasts
I'd think wild bacteria instead, which crave on too low temp before the end of fermentation.
>>
>>7850511
>>7851367
thanks for the response.
we do use star-san, its a food grade sanitizer, uses phosphoric acid, and another type of acid.

i think we need to be more careful with our bottles and make sure the chuds are scrubbed out of them before we reuse, even when theyre sani'd.

that might explain the fizziness, but i always thought the sour-ness was from just the cherries fermenting normally.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.