[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my dad invited me over for 4th of july for a filet mignon he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: dinosaur-148319_1280.png (441 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur-148319_1280.png
441 KB, 1280x640
my dad invited me over for 4th of july for a filet mignon he's cooking and he said he marinated it for 48 hours. i feel like that doesn't sound right? i've never prepared or cooked filet mignon before so i don't really know. is he doing it right?
>>
he was really stressing the 48 hours of marination like that makes it special
>>
He's just excited to do something (with you, probably). Don't be autistic.
>>
it means it'll taste fucking good if he used a good marinade recipe
>>
>>7847143
Awful. I c-can go in your place anon, dont worry
>>
marinating doesn't work, and doing anything like that to a fillet is kind of pointless anyway. best outcome - the flavour round the outside is really tasty. worst outcome - the texture is mushy and it doesn't brown.
>>
24 hours is standard for marinating. I imagine that 48 hours marinade makes the cut of meat really tasty. Now, if he just doesn't overcook it.
>>
Depends on the marinade
For recipes that use things like lime juice or balsamic vinegar to breakdown some of the fat and help tenderize you really shouldn't leave the steak in for more than a few hours because it'll start to destroy it
>>
I thought /ck/ hated marinades for high end cuts of beef.
>>
>>7847784
That's what it looks like, reading the rest of this thread. Why is that? I understand that the star of the show should be the meat and not the marinade, but I think that if you know what you're doing with the marinade, it won't overpower anything and it'll just help maintain moisture. Again, I'm really not sure.
>>
>>7847143
>marinading filet mignon
Your dad is a putz, but like anon said probably trying to impress you. Go choke it down and smile and have a good conversation. Marinating anything for more than a few hours adds nothing
>>
>>7847143
Ok but why did you post that picture
>>
>>7848081

> it'll just help maintain moisture

no. marinades don't do this. brines do, but it's not really necessary with a filet seeing as you generally eat them very rare.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.