[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am from poor family. Hard childhood, now a bit better but still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 785x521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 785x521
I am from poor family. Hard childhood, now a bit better but still eat everything with bread. Fucking kill me /ck, Eastern Europe..
>>
>>7845112
I'm pretty sure everyone except Asians eats some bread with their meals.
>>
>>7845163
That doesn't make it a great idea, especially because it's often paired with other carbs.
>>
>>7845163

Where are you from?! German here, and even if we take great pride in our bread, no one eats it with meals.
>>
>>7845163

In the US is mostly people who grew up poor that eat bread with their meals.
>>
>>7845167
>carbs are evil meme
Spotted the fatty.

Yeah OP, better add some butter, gravy and double cream to that, wouldn't want to be unhealthy now do we? Obviously everybody in Eastern Europe is fat as fuck and diabetic because of all the bread they eat, whereas Americans are recognized internationally for being lean machines because of their health nut diet centered around ground beef, bacon, donuts, cheese and omelettes fried in oil.
>>
do yalls have chick fill a in fugging botswana? :D
>>
>>7845189
>Americans are recognized internationally for being lean machines because of their health nut diet centered around ground beef, bacon, donuts, cheese and omelettes fried in oil.
It's nice to be recognized
>>
>be non-poor euro
>eat bread with every meal, including rice meals and pasta meals
It's just a cultural thing, I think, and not anything having to do with poverty. Bread is provided at the table if you go out to eat just as it is if you go visiting friends for dinner. Bread is omnipresent with meals in France, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Monaco, Croatia and more.

The odd thing, though, "making a slipper" (IE sopping sauce or other things on the plate with a piece of bread) is considered exceedingly poor form but fuck the haters cuz I does it anyways, n'yamean.
>>
>>7845189
He didn't say carbs were evil, he was warning against overloading the meal with carbs as you can overload a meal with anything.

A diet should be balanced right.
>>
>>7845167
Eating bread != getting most of your energy from bread

Dutch and Spanish both eat bread with every meal, but the difference is the Dutch get ten times more protein from animal sources versus bread overall.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.