[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this pizza, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Authentic Hawaiian Pizza.jpg (982 KB, 2048x1350) Image search: [Google]
Authentic Hawaiian Pizza.jpg
982 KB, 2048x1350
What do you think of this pizza, /ck/?
>>
looks tasty af op, good job
>>
Looks pretty good, but it could use some anchovies.
>>
>>7843746
never made pizza. planning to try make one, and i've looked through some videos, and the mentioned "strong flour" for the dough. looked that up and is it correct that it's just bread flour?

also alternative flours anons here may recommend?
>>
>>7843997
"double-aught" (00) for a more delicate crust, seemed really popular in France. But if its your first time just make one with whatever you have anon, its not like it will be your last. It takes a couple tries to figure out the proofing for any new bread recipe and you might as well start on version 1 today.
>>
Is that a mug vodka just off to the right?
>>
>>7843997

Do not bother making pizza at home.

Your home oven simply does not get hot enough to do it properly. Use a stone, use bricks, etc, but it's simply not going to have enough heat. So the time, effort, and materials you get will not get you anything better than a shitty shop with a real pizza oven will.
>>
>>7844016

>making pizza at home is too much work and your oven doesn't get hot enough

Pizza is easy as fuck to make at home, and while it's not going to be the same as something cooked in a real pizza oven, you're a shit cook if you can't throw something together that's better than any of the nationwide pizza chains.
>>
>>7844024

It's easy to do. It's not better. It's easy to fuck up is a better way to say it.

What most home cooks do is basically fuck their dough so thin that it becomes a cracker. And is still undercooked.

Spoiled being in NYC, but there's few places in the country that don't have a better option than Dominos. And the effort spent in that futile effort can be better spent on almost any other dish.
>>
>>7844024
>>7844016
doing it for nostalgic reasons, really. my older sister made some with a home oven when i was a kid (this was back in the 90's when we weren't so well off, so i reckon the oven was nothing special too), and i still recall it being the best pizza i ever had, if you can excuse the nostalgia goggles. she used cheddar instead of mozzarella, as that's all she could afford at the time. she can't recall what flour she use back then, but her pizza now tastes kinda generic now compare to back then.

plus i'm getting 2 paid weeks off soon, so i may as well try some experimenting.
>>
>green peppers not diced smaller
>ham n pineapple
>bacon
Not to my taste, but it looks like you've cooked it to the doneness that I like. Enjoy your pizza, fucko.
>>
>>7844044

It's clearly a frozen pizza...
>>
>>7844046
How does that invalidate anything I said?
>>
>>7844046
yes by god you are right its got ice crystals on its side and half the contents shifted to the left. how were we so blind?
>>
>>7843746
Real Hawaiian pizza would use spam.
>>
spacing and distribution is perfect, crust looks good and crunchy, decent choice of topings. looks good, if you made this yourself you must be a robot, otherwise enjoy.
>>
>>7844011
Yes.
>>
File: Cold Breakfast Za.jpg (969 KB, 2048x1350) Image search: [Google]
Cold Breakfast Za.jpg
969 KB, 2048x1350
Unfortunately I did not think of making a thread before it was done cooking, or I would have taken photos of each step. Next time.

Anyway, leftovers for breakfast. Eaten cold, of course.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.