[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would a jarred marinara benefit from a little simmering, or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: img_4183.jpg (822 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
img_4183.jpg
822 KB, 1920x1280
Would a jarred marinara benefit from a little simmering, or is it about as cooked as it's going to get?

How do you guys like to "prepare" yours?
>>
Heat it up, taste it, if you think it needs something add it. Simmering it is only going reduce it and make it thicker, which can be reversed by adding back water. The ingredients have already given all they have to give.
>>
You'd have to pry a jar of premade marinara into my cold dead hands.
>>
>>7842962
Then this thread probably isn't for you. Thanks for posting.
>>
File: 13349580.jpg (41 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
13349580.jpg
41 KB, 480x480
>>7842948
the only thing i do is blend it so it's smooth. ancient soggy chunks of tomato are unappetizing to me, and it covers the pasta better. then i just dump it in with the cooked and drained pasta.

pic related - the only jarred marinara i will use. others are fucking disgusting
>>
>>7842962
this. it only takes two hours min and you can do that while bullshitting with whomever you live. It just tomato, red wine, olive oil, and either worcestershire or fish sauce and basil if you're feeling fancy
>>
>>7842959
best way to heat up without having a similar effect to simmering?
>>
>>7844250
microwave
>>
If I use jarred sauce then I like to sauté onions, galic, and mushrooms and/or spinach. Then I add sauce with a bay leaf and simmer it until it thickens just a bit. After that I add vegetable stock to get it back to a consistency I like. Usually tastes homemade after I do that.
>>
>>7842948
>buying tomato sugar juice
Literally just get some tomatoes and wine and make your own. It's too easy.
>>
>>7842962
>>7843270
>>7844798
This is the worst meme ever. I'd love to come into your home and find things you could be making yourself but don't.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.