[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beef is good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: ym20140501w3a-e1398865266829.jpg (642 KB, 3715x2554) Image search: [Google]
ym20140501w3a-e1398865266829.jpg
642 KB, 3715x2554
Ever tried the famous Kobe beef? Is it really that good?
>>
>>7842645

i had a kobe burger and put ketchup on it

it tasted like ketchup
>>
>>7842659
So you had a burger, then put ketchup on it.
See this thing, r'tard
>>
>>7842694
i think u just got memed m8
>>
>>7842645
Yes. In Japan. It's very marbled, and so very juicy.

American Kobe (Wagyu) is good, but I didn't think it was as tasty (though circumstances may have something to do with that).
>>
>>7842645
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2012/04/12/foods-biggest-scam-the-great-kobe-beef-lie/#420d7e6f34d7

no because i haven't been to Japan. I've had some stuff claiming to be kobe from a high end steakhouse and it was incredible, even if it didn't technically meet the standard.

The surprising thing to me was it barely registered as steak, it was for lack of a better word delicious buttermeat. When I want to re-experience it on a budget I'll buy some USFDA choice or prime and after grilling give it a short butter bath in a pan at medium temp. I heard someone say here yesterday butter saps out flavor but I'm pretty sure they are just wrong, Tastewise butter fat is way tastier than beef fat, at least at economical grades.
>>
>>7842645
its butter meat, but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone who doesn't like their meat raw. it's possible to cook it and enjoy it, but if you don't enjoy your meat raw sometimes then you probably won't be impressed by all the subtle flavors.
>>
>>7843969
>http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2012/04/12/foods-biggest-scam-the-great-kobe-beef-lie/#420d7e6f34d7
>no ad block allowed!
get fucked.
>>
>>7842645

It's good, but not that good. I live in WHITELAND and I can get that type of quality of meat waaaay cheaper
>>
>>7844054
>falling for the raw food meme
lol
>>
>>7842645
You can't taste the minerals like in proper beef.
>>
>>7844123
I've had it mostly raw, served as nigiri. So it was sliced thinly, but it really fell apart so softly in one's mouth.
>>
>>7844057
not him but
https://reek.github.io/anti-adblock-killer/
>>
Steak is steak desu

Kind of like wine-tasting, people just make up distinctions that don't exist
>>
>>7843969
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2014/01/07/the-new-truth-about-kobe-beef-2/#425a9e159763

Read your own article ya dingus
>>
>>7842645
Been to Japan a couple times. Had it in Tokyo and Osaka. It's good. Melts in your mouth, leaving your tongue costed with delicious beef fat. The stuff is as white with fat as it is red. It's like the steak version of foie gras.

After having it a couple times it's not something I'd seek out. Don't get wrong, it's fucking delicious, but it over the top in the kind of way you really need to taste once in a long while. Like good caviar or white truffles it's something very delicious that's really only worth the price if you really have a lot of money.
>>
>>7843969
why have you posted an out of date article that even says it's out of date in it, and points you to an updated article that proves you wrong? is it because you're a fucking mongoloid?
>>
>>7845027
>said the homo who never tried it
>"all food is the same why would you try to class it?"
>>
>>7845027
Lol no
>>
>>7843969
>grilling steak
pleb taste
>>
>>7845027
how to spot an underage: easy mode
>>
>>7843155
>marbled
that just means half of the meat is fat you fucking ignorant retard.
>>
>>7842645
>Is it really that good?

It is really that good, but also, TOO good....if that makes sense.

For me anhow, it was overwhelming after a few bites.
>>
File: 4_Kobe_Beef,_Kobe_Japan.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1399) Image search: [Google]
4_Kobe_Beef,_Kobe_Japan.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1399
>>7845073

"Despite the hype about the return of Kobe beef to our shores, the reality is much different. Between the time the USDA changed its rules last August and the end of 2012, exactly five head of Kobe beef cattle were shipped to the United States – five. Through the first 11 months of 2013 the US received just 17 head of Kobe beef, never more than six in a single month and often none at all. In sharp contrast, the US cattle industry produced some 29,300,000 head of beef cattle in 2013, according to beefusa.org. To say Kobe is a drop in the beef bucket is a gross overstatement – the total amount of Kobe beef shipped to the US through the first 11 months of 2013 was just 3,217 pounds or less than 300 pounds per months for the entire country."
>>
Yeah, it's really good. I worked in a kitchen that got the genuine fucking article from Japan. The stuff was so fatty it melted at room temperature. Definitely try it if you can get the real deal/have the money-- it's amazing.
>>
>>7845632
and what does fat do when cooked? i'll give you a minute to google
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.