[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
found some neat brats in my parents fridge. Never cooked brats,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: amber_ale_brats-600x496.png (551 KB, 600x496) Image search: [Google]
amber_ale_brats-600x496.png
551 KB, 600x496
found some neat brats in my parents fridge. Never cooked brats, how can I make them?
>>
some people boil them for a while before cooking on a grill or in a pan but I think that's bullcrap, just throw those fuckers in a hot pan and pour some beer or something in to get a little simmer going and put a lid on it. apply additional heat or liquid as needed and eat with kraut and mustard
>>
>>7840385
pretty much. Toss in some peppers and onions if you want to get fancy and shit.
>>
>>7840373
I boil them in a 50/50 mix of beer & water for 15 minutes. I add them to a pan of sauteed sweet onions an burn the outside a little in the pan. Sauerkraut & mustard is mandatory.
>>
>>7840385
>>7841110
/thread
>>
>>7840385
Don't even need the beer.

Just throw them in a hot pan with maybe some olive oil to prevent sticking.

Turn frequently and don't poke them.
>>
>>7840373
sear in a pan and deglaze/poach in beer and chicken or veggie stock. Then add them to a separate pan where you have been sauteeing julienned bell peppers and onions

Best on a soft roll with 3 parts strong mustard one part mayonnaise and crushed red pepper
>>
they come out fine just in the oven
>>
>>7840373
Simmer in beer, fry them off and serve in a bun with mustard.
Congratulations on your first real hotdog.
>>
They look like they're already made, Anon.
You might want to cook them, though. To do that, simply apply heat.
>>
File: lindsay55.jpg (6 KB, 243x208) Image search: [Google]
lindsay55.jpg
6 KB, 243x208
grill 'em, plus they make a great sound when they start to pop and ooze juice
>>
>>7841257

Why would I want to use the oven when cooking them in a pan is faster, produces a better sear on them, and uses less energy?
>>
>>7841311
WHO IS THIS SEMEN DEMON
>>
>>7840373
>how can I make them?
If you really are this stupid, kill yourself.
>>
>>7841636
>SEMEN DEMON
Grow up faggot
>>
Simmer them in beer, butter and onions. Grill over coals for a while. Back in the kettle to plump them up. Get some decent buns for christ's sake.
>>
File: 1464301630398.jpg (122 KB, 927x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464301630398.jpg
122 KB, 927x1080
>>7840373
Brat?
>>
If you have a grill, it beats pan simmer / beerbath. You want the case to get a crisp texture on it (not carbonized, just crisp) and that will never happen in the presence of water/beer. Grill them on your bottom rack on high for a couple minutes a side then turn down your grill to medium low and let them sit on top rack until they reach 160 (about 10-15 minutes). Don't worry about overcooking brats unless one starts popping and losing its juices, otherwise a nice hot braut that's had time to get its casing crisp is just fucking awesome. Save the beer for drinking.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.