[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you consciously change your tastes so that you enjoy something?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: pickle.jpg (24 KB, 625x300) Image search: [Google]
pickle.jpg
24 KB, 625x300
Can you consciously change your tastes so that you enjoy something? I've never liked pickles, but I want to like them because they're everywhere and on everything and all my friends eat them and I've heard a crisp pickle is god tier on a hot summer day. If I just force myself to eat them for a while will I get used to it and start enjoying them?
>>
yeah man. Half of food preference is just operant conditioning.
>>
Yes you just have to get a good variety. I hated sauerkraut until I tasted one that was godlike, since then I somehow like the lesser sauerkrauts as well
>>
>>7834527
Yes you can. I used to hate pickles, but now they are pretty decent because I simply wanted to like them.
>>
I can consciously enjoy tasting. If you know what I mean..
>>
>>7834527
Keep one in your mouth at night
>>
I used to hate tomatoes and cucumbers, but after having them once or twice on those godlike 4am kebabs in town then I now tolerate them a lot more and enjoy the flavour they can offer
>>
>>7834527
that's a heck of a picture.
>>
>>7834753
for me the opposite was the case
I hated sour cream until i had the bland sour cream they had at my university
It helped ease me into the stronger flavored ones
>>
Yes and no. Most people decide prematurely that they don't like something without giving it a fair shake. Then eventually they get over it. Or a particular experience or preparation or brand always put them off, and they try something a little different and find it enjoyable.

I was this way with olives. I thought I hated them as a kid because we always had those tiny canned green ones with the pimento peppers canned in way-too-salty brine. And they were often cooked in pots of rice so they got extra bitter, but not in a good way. I never realized olives could taste like anything other than saltwater as a kid.
>>
I use 2 hate them 2 but I heard if u keep a pickle under ur pillo at nite u can have good health & it's good 4 ur teeth too & now I like 2 eat the pickle in the morning
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.